The TV Show Thread

I'm watching Perry Mason on HBO,just amazing ,so far 6 ep
Very brutal/and explicit series set in between ww1 and ww2 Los Angeles.
As Perry goes from a private eye to a attorney

Is that the original German TV/movie from the 80s?
Great stuff,loved it,haven't seen it in years.

The one I was talking about is a recently made tv show, should be based on the same novel of the 80's movie :) . Unfortunately I've never seen the original one you mentioned, must have been a masterpiece from what I read.

The one I was talking about is a recently made tv show, should be based on the same novel of the 80's movie :) . Unfortunately I've never seen the original one you mentioned, must have been a masterpiece from what I read.
Haven't seen the new one,but sounds promising.
Yeah the old one was really good,can't remember if it was a very long movie at first,then cut in to a mini series

All Or Nothing is amazing.
Every review by a journalist that I've seen has said it's awful. Every non-journalist I've seen talking about it says it's brilliant!

I've seen the first three and my first thoughts are, for a man who's won everything and clearly knows what he's doing... It really seems like he's bad at it! Especially man-management!

There were moments where you could see players just wishing he'd shut up, moments where they were smirking because of the drivel he was talking (it's so transparent when he talks about "courage" and "family" that he's saying absolutely nothing of sporting value) - and moments where he just destroyed a player's confidence for no reason.

Telling someone "I'm telling you to mark someone, but I know you'll end up giving away a penalty because you're bad at marking and VAR will be watching" - and then, seconds later, "have confidence, that's the most important thing"!

Let alone him telling Dele Alli that he's lazy, and then telling him his career's gone to shit... A) Has it? B) You really think a guy with his personality is going to react well to that? This is a guy who crashed into a parked car and made it the other guy's fault (beginning of episode three)... His ego won't take that...

He also doesn't seem to give particularly detailed pre-game and half-time tactical insight, other than "press", "push up", "don't concede" (wow, wouldn't have thought to try that, thanks boss) and "give everything"... Yes the talks are edited down but if he said anything tactically that changed the game, they'd leave that in the edit...

Best bit? Making Harry Kane captain. What a joke that is. The first game they lose under Mourinho and he says "yeah gaffer, I don't know if it's because people are lazy or what, but it's unacceptable". Firstly, you don't know? Probably don't make a pretty huge accusation then. Secondly, love how you're wiping your hands of any personal responsibility there. Thirdly, I bet your teammates are made up to have you representing them...

And Kane's team-talks...!!! Absolutely hilarious. "RIGHT LADS we're in this to, er, they're only 3pts above us so fucking LET'S FUCKING go and fucking WIN fucking Alright? Let's fucking have 'em!!"

I mean, we all know footballers have a reputation for not being the most intelligent of sportspeople but... Jesus, when you see behind the scenes, you REALLY see it...

Every review by a journalist that I've seen has said it's awful. Every non-journalist I've seen talking about it says it's brilliant!

I've seen the first three and my first thoughts are, for a man who's won everything and clearly knows what he's doing... It really seems like he's bad at it! Especially man-management!

There were moments where you could see players just wishing he'd shut up, moments where they were smirking because of the drivel he was talking (it's so transparent when he talks about "courage" and "family" that he's saying absolutely nothing of sporting value) - and moments where he just destroyed a player's confidence for no reason.

Telling someone "I'm telling you to mark someone, but I know you'll end up giving away a penalty because you're bad at marking and VAR will be watching" - and then, seconds later, "have confidence, that's the most important thing"!

Let alone him telling Dele Alli that he's lazy, and then telling him his career's gone to shit... A) Has it? B) You really think a guy with his personality is going to react well to that? This is a guy who crashed into a parked car and made it the other guy's fault (beginning of episode three)... His ego won't take that...

He also doesn't seem to give particularly detailed pre-game and half-time tactical insight, other than "press", "push up", "don't concede" (wow, wouldn't have thought to try that, thanks boss) and "give everything"... Yes the talks are edited down but if he said anything tactically that changed the game, they'd leave that in the edit...

Best bit? Making Harry Kane captain. What a joke that is. The first game they lose under Mourinho and he says "yeah gaffer, I don't know if it's because people are lazy or what, but it's unacceptable". Firstly, you don't know? Probably don't make a pretty huge accusation then. Secondly, love how you're wiping your hands of any personal responsibility there. Thirdly, I bet your teammates are made up to have you representing them...

And Kane's team-talks...!!! Absolutely hilarious. "RIGHT LADS we're in this to, er, they're only 3pts above us so fucking LET'S FUCKING go and fucking WIN fucking Alright? Let's fucking have 'em!!"

I mean, we all know footballers have a reputation for not being the most intelligent of sportspeople but... Jesus, when you see behind the scenes, you REALLY see it...

Im currently watching the City one yet. Of course its amazing for a regular dude :D not much insight you get into tactics or it has that much sports value. But it is very entertaining. And oh yeah City locker room speeches and Pep's coaching is exactly the same, Liverpool tactics according to him is only wing rotation and "thats it". :BORED: :LMAO: Not sure how much is staged or over acted due to a camera crew filming but hey i kept watching so it must be entertaining. But so that means im looking forward to the Tottenham one as well i guess :D

Chris, as a Spurs fan, i would love to see All or Nothing about Spurs.
I follow some Spurs podcasts (podcast from fans about Spurs, that is) and there is one (very good podcast: The Extra Inch) that analyses each episode in depth (yes, i listen to those things). They say All or nothing is the Mourinho show. There is a guy who works for Spurs and who says it heavily edited. Pocch barely is in it and some very important matches are omitted (the match against Chelsea, arguably the most important match of the season where Spurs wer awful and wich was a turning point in the season, for instance).
Those guys say that Delle Alli comes over as an intelligent guy.

About Kane: he is the SPurs player i like the least by far. His team mates (the foreign ones) don't like him and Pocch lost the dressing room when he selected an unfit Kane for the CL final and dropped Lucas Moura. Vertonghen, Lloris, Eriksen and Alderweireld were not amused by that decision. Things escalated after that and that was that fort both Eriksen and Vertonghen. He (Kane) is not captain material. You can't argue with Kane's goal tally, but i don't like him.

Well Vertonghen will play CL with Benfica next season (not 100% sure) and Spurs will not (100% sure).

They say All or nothing is the Mourinho show.
Oh it is, but that's what makes the players' reactions so shocking. Mourinho is being Mr. Hollywood, and the players clearly see through it. The interactions between the manager and the players, aren't like other human interactions in life, where there's an open dialogue and issues are discussed, evaluated, analysed... It's just Mourinho spouting movie script lines like "in football and in life, all that matters is courage and family".

Not because it's fake or scripted (it definitely isn't), but because that's just who he is.

It's the same in every industry, though. I work in marketing and I've met more than a few people who have the same attitude. Buzzwords, stories, and absolutely zilch about the job at hand. People of a certain social class think that these guys are geniuses - and they believe themselves to be geniuses too. Everyone else sees right through them, but has to do the job regardless, and when they do a good job, the guy who gets the credit is the "genius" who they all laugh at.

It may have been edited to make José the focus, but who he is, is who he is in reality, I would bet my life on it. Just because he's the focus, doesn't make it any less interesting, or less real. Because it's fascinating to see how he is, and how people react to him.

My impression - if he was a caricature - is that he basically turns up, takes his sunglasses off, says "go out there and win", and goes home again.

There is a guy who works for Spurs and who says it heavily edited.
Everyone always says that about any fly-on-the-wall documentary. Of course it is, it's hour-long episodes! But it's enough to see the reality of the situation, especially in people's reactions to him. Also, if (as I've seen a ton of people saying on social media) the bit where he turns off the TV and says "fuck off" (to the pundit saying Mourinho's past his best), is fake... He'd be suing the production company for millions.

Speaking of which - it's very noticeable who you hear a lot from, and who you don't. Lloris, for example, doesn't appear much, and I think that's because he's old enough and wise enough not to speak about Mourinho, which is all the crew are after. That gives you a bit of insight. A few people - like Vertonghen, and Son - come out of it really well. I feel sorry for Vertonghen. He even says "my daughter is getting ready to go to her next school, she's been accepted and I hope it works out".

Pocch barely is in it and some very important matches are omitted (the match against Chelsea, arguably the most important match of the season where Spurs wer awful and wich was a turning point in the season, for instance).
Poch is in it very briefly - but it's quite revealing. He says "in football, 2+2 doesn't always equal 4" and, most interestingly, "if a house falls down, everyone sees it fall - but you have to anticipate that the house will fall", and then denies he's talking about the situation Tottenham were in at the time (shortly before he was fired), but then there's an awkward silence.

Those guys say that Delle Alli comes over as an intelligent guy.
He doesn't come across as stupid (Kane reeeeeeeeeally does)... But he doesn't come across as clever. He comes across as a teenager in a man's body, to me. He does the PR-trained talk and says he "knows he's not been at his best" and he'll "try harder", but that's what a kid says when they're forced into it by a teacher. As soon as he's not being interviewed, he's himself, and he comes across as someone who has an ego and (admittedly, as Mourinho said himself) doesn't try hard enough because he's taking life for granted.

It seems to me he's reached the peak of the career that his mentality will ever allow him to have, and he's far from a bad player, but "coasting" is the word.

All of the above is clear, and that's not through over-acting or "stitch-up" editing jobs. It comes across naturally - so I reject the "it's been heavily edited" accusations beyond making Mourinho the focus (i.e. they don't create false narratives).

I would bet my life savings on Mourinho just being who he is in the documentary, in real-life, all the time.

(Just like the LFC thing from years ago, when they were filmed in pre-season, and Brendan Rogers came across as a cross between a geography teacher and David Brent. Telling the youth squad players to shape up like he'd just caught them smoking cigarettes at the back of the building.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention Daniel Levy... That's an interesting one.

I find it hard to judge him, especially in the light of a tweet I read earlier about Liverpool, and why they haven't bought many new players over the last few seasons. Tottenham come up a few times, in terms of their financial management, and I've got to say, my opinion on him is changing a little bit...

The thread is massive, but it's really interesting. Especially if you're a data person...

Last edited:

I think I'll have to have a watch of this now. When I went in to Amazon at the weekend, this was at the top and started playing a preview which started with Mourinho in the dressing room doing just what you said and I thought hmm, do I really want to watch this? I can't stand him as it is, it's always been all about him. Sounds like it's an interesting watch though, just to get an insight.

Just like the LFC thing from years ago, when they were filmed in pre-season, and Brendan Rogers came across as a cross between a geography teacher and David Brent. Telling the youth squad players to shape up like he'd just caught them smoking cigarettes at the back of the building.)

It does sound like Darren Farley has got him spot on then :)

Last night started watching the Tottenham one....well its not so engaging as the Man City season. And i agree it feels much more artificial and less well put together and less interesting...unless if you are a Spurs fan i guess.

Also the Man City one has an amazing soundtrack.

Oh it is, but that's what makes the players' reactions so shocking. Mourinho is being Mr. Hollywood, and the players clearly see through it. The interactions between the manager and the players, aren't like other human interactions in life, where there's an open dialogue and issues are discussed, evaluated, analysed... It's just Mourinho spouting movie script lines like "in football and in life, all that matters is courage and family".

Not because it's fake or scripted (it definitely isn't), but because that's just who he is.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Last night started watching the Tottenham one....well its not so engaging as the Man City season. And i agree it feels much more artificial and less well put together and less interesting...unless if you are a Spurs fan i guess.

I did start it and got about halfway through the second episode before turning it off. I might go back to it but it just seemed pretty bland and wasn't really engaging me at all. Particularly when compared to the likes of Netflix's brilliant Last Chance U documentary series about junior college football in America. I highly recommended having a watch of that if you haven't seen it.

The Boys currently. Season 2 started of great.

And the new Ridley Scotts baby - "Raised by Wolves" - very very interesting. 2 episodes in and so far savage. Smell of Prometheus about it (and I really liked Prometheus)

Last edited:
I missed out on Battlestar Galactica when it came out somehow.
So I'm watching that one now,brilliant!
Also started watching Nightflyer on Netflix,really showing promise!

Football series seems 13 a dozen these days.
All or nothing (city/spurs) is "meh" to me,I really want to see the club/players/fans/history properly ,the good and the bad.
There's a Barcelona one as well,pretty boring ,The Juventus One is just a promo film for Juventus,so dull!

In my mind,6 dreams/inside Borussia Dortmund the only watchable outside Sunderland til i die/Take us home (Leeds) and The four year plan (QPR)
Just saw there's a All or nothing on Brazil national team as well.
Probably shite too

Edit,the Barcelona documentary isn't all or nothing btw

The Expanse is getting better by the season. The fifth one ramps things up, and at the same time, scales them back. It is more politics/conflict and less universe mysteries, and all the better for it in my opinion. About 2-3 eps in the suspense goes through the roof and it becomes hard to wait for each new episode. They are all out now, mind, so if you have amazon, binge away.

Did you see the cast for Last of Us TV series??
Screenshot_20210211-094211_Chrome.jpg

I think its brilliant choice. Pedro with a bit a of beard will look like Joel, and the little girl was one of the best side characters in GoT. She was proper badass.
Colour me impressed.

Sitting yesterday to watch a FOX marathon of my favourite series episodes.. Summarizing:

Chicago PD, in the latest season, season 8. In the first two episodes they struggled the plot, to showcase last year's real life events in USA. They failed both, cause about the BLM, racism etc , the subplot was too rushed and concluded in 2 episodes, without giving any more depth.

They other issue they try to touch is the police reform in USA. This is where it fails also, it has not backfired yet, but in a Cop-series where intelligence detectives/officers use unorthodox methods to bust really bad guys, narcos, pedos, killers , etc, trying to fit this with the real life police reform, finally nerfs the series outcome. You can't have "antihero" cops that act pollitically correct.

And now the worst part. Chicago PD, Chicago Med (not following this, just watched an episode), 911 and 911 Lone star. All full of COVID mentions. And screw Chicago MED, it is a medical series. But in other 3 series, having every scene someone tutoring us about Covid, it gets frustating after 10 minutes.

Honestly in both 911 series, every second scene was a mention to social distancing, and how nobody can give a hug to nobody, every "victim" was someone that lost his kob due to Covid, or became awkard due to lockdown, or was shooting antenna technicias cause he thaught 5G antennas were spreading Covid!!!

I mean ffs, you can listen about Covid 24/7 if you watch or read the news on TV or on newspaper, radio, internet. There is not necessary to overflow every dialogue about Covid. yes we were masks, yes we wash our hands every 30 minutes with alchohol lotions. Can we watch something differnet in our series for difference?

We already live in a constant Lock-down aka quarantie, aka social distancing , for at least , the last 11 months.

Last edited:
For all mankind.
A series on the space race between merica and Soviet.
A slow paced series with an alternate reality.
Really liking it.
On Apple+

@ndut92 Agree, Lupin was great.

Just started rewatching The Shield on Amazon, really great show.

Also I did mention it here once before but anyone with Amazon have a watch of The Patriot. Absolutely brilliant dark comedy/drama series. Really well written and just hilarious in parts as well.

@ndut92 Agree, Lupin was great.

Just started rewatching The Shield on Amazon, really great show.

Also I did mention it here once before but anyone with Amazon have a watch of The Patriot. Absolutely brilliant dark comedy/drama series. Really well written and just hilarious in parts as well.
I got really happy discovering that Amazon had all seasons of PeepbShow,only to find out you could only watch the first three...
Apparently they had sold the right to the remaining 5 seasons to some other platform,they did exactly the same thing with "Bosch" a year or so a go.
Fucking hate Amazon,needles to say that I've cancelled them.

I got really happy discovering that Amazon had all seasons of PeepbShow,only to find out you could only watch the first three...
Apparently they had sold the right to the remaining 5 seasons to some other platform,they did exactly the same thing with "Bosch" a year or so a go.
Fucking hate Amazon,needles to say that I've cancelled them.

Really? All 6 seasons of Bosch are on Amazon uk. It's an Amazon original so that seems a really weird decision to take it off.

All 9 series of Peep Show are on Netflix UK - not sure about in Sweden though?

Really? All 6 seasons of Bosch are on Amazon uk. It's an Amazon original so that seems a really weird decision to take it off.

All 9 series of Peep Show are on Netflix UK - not sure about in Sweden though?
Yeah that was weird,when the Amazon exclusive Bosch season six came out,a few years back they sold the viewing rights to hbo Nordic (season 6) ,and it took like a year before you could see it on Amazon.
Only three seasons of Peepshow on Netflix hete,not sure it's available at all now.

Finally got into this:

61HhPH0ZgfL._AC_SX466_.jpg

And it's one of the best series I have seen in a long time. Pretty much binged 4 seasons in a couple of weeks. One season left, I'll be sure to come back here and remind everyone when it's out. And for the love of everything holy, watch it with the original Spanish language. If you can for some reason no longer watch TV without having your phone out, use this series to knock that terrible habit, because you will be looking at the subtitles, unless you understand Spanish of course. And you won't want to miss anything anyway.
It's a show which has its foot on the gas almost all the time, incredibly suspenseful, often funny, occasionally a bit far fetched, but the characters and plot will keep you immersed.

Next up, Invincible on Prime. Not sure how deep to go into this, but if you think this is for kids, think again. Better yet, make sure your kids are NOT watching it.

Invincible_Amazon_Original_key_art.jpg

Only one episode left of this season, and I doubt I will be able to keep from reading the actual comics it is based on afterwards. Highly recommended.

And finally, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

download (1).jpg
A bit of a mixed bag this, some of it is very good, some of it not so much. The times it goes into racial issues in America it shines, and it has an interesting take on some massive problems which come up in the aftermath of the so called blip. I like that Marvel make that event a plot thing, instead of brushing it under the carpet after it happened. But the baddies are a bit meh and although some old faces from the movies make a welcome return, others outstay their welcome. Still, well worth a look, and I look forward to the Loki show. Disney are still going overboard with the TV stuff, like Star Wars their seem to be about 20 new shows in the making. I know this stuff makes you money, Disney, but down drive it into the ground.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom