The TV Show Thread

Yeah I don't know if I will go for Dracula. Same writers who sort of ran Sherlock into the ground. Used to really like it but the last (and hopefully final at this point) season was an absolute mess.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know if I will go for Dracula. Same writers who sort of ran Sherlock into the ground. Used to really like it but the last (and hopefully final at this point) season was an absolute mess.
It's a good series,3 ep only,but sometimes it's all over the place,but for the most part really good

Three recommendations:
Bureau of Legends (amazing intense and realistic show about secret services, modern France),
Casa de Papel (aka the first two parts of Money Heist - the best crime drama i've seen, modern Spain)
Babylon Berlin (a bit over the top, but still awesome crime/conspiracy/espionage action show about Berlin in the 1920s)

Saw all three of them (currently watching Bureau des Légendes).
IMO Casa de Papel is by far the worst of the 3, although i like it a lot.
Bit both others are class and Bureau des Légendes is the one i prefer (currently in season 2 of 4).

Awesome! Bureau des Legendes is my favorite too, probably of all time. Perfect show for my taste. Casa de Papel I think I like so much because I really love some of the characters. I was cheering for them like I was watching a football game))) maybe some of that can be lost in the language barrier.

Binged bureau des legendes When it came out.
A top five show for me.

Also extremely happy I discovered Better call Saul,just finished season 5.

Right now (only two episodes per week) I'm watching one of the best sports documentary series I've ever seen,The last Dance on Netflix.

Better call Saul
[HIDE]
giphy.gif
[/HIDE]
Great show, can't wait for the next season

I'm watching that too, it's the first Belgian original Netflix series, so i had too.
It's entertaining but not exceptionally good.
There are better Belgian series on Netflix (La Trève and Beau Séjour).

I am 4 episodes in and have to say I very much enjoy it, the original premise seemed a bit silly at first but they way it is explained it makes a surprising amount of sense. I'm getting some Y: The Last Man vibes from it (graphic novel about every male on earth dying instantly, it is fantastic, read it if you can), where everything is just one shitshow after another, and the constant race against the sun makes it quite thrilling.

@rockstrongo and it's brilliant!

This show is similar to old school show called 17 Moments of Spring, I recommend that one too. Also the new project called "Criminal" on Netflix.

@Stan Can you please explain something to me (if you remember)? What is the meaning of the information that the Algerian general Kerbouche received from the audio recording of the barracks in the end of season 1? It seems very important, but due to the language barrier I cannot quite understand that scene and it bothers me)))

Sobakus, unfortunately i don't remember it anymore, but i wil lsearch it. I'll try to answer your question, but it may take a while...

I read somewhere, Cobra Kai season 3 is going to be delayed more, cause they will change broadcast platform. Is this true?

So is this Black Mirror kinda like the old Twilight Zone but less scifi and more social commentary?

You don't need to watch them in order, so I would go on the internet and see the best episodes.
Personally it is incredibly marmite - You will either love it or dislike it..
I watched a couple of episodes and TBH didn't enjoy it - But I think I am too old, as def seems like it is made for teens and young adults.

You don't need to watch them in order, so I would go on the internet and see the best episodes.
Personally it is incredibly marmite - You will either love it or dislike it..
I watched a couple of episodes and TBH didn't enjoy it - But I think I am too old, as def seems like it is made for teens and young adults.

I guess it depends on the themes and how much someone can relate to those. I get you.
I have watched the first two. First was kinda interesting but the second one perhaps is more heavy to nowdays teens i guess, for me it was far fetched.

I'm watching Das Boot on Sky. German tv show set during WW2, on the french coasts, narrative divided between submarines crews and resistance/germans on dryland.

I've read a lot of kinda dire critics, some probably even deserved, but overall I'm finding it surprisingly entertaining. Loving the atmospheres and some of the characters.. if you, like me, are always in for a WW2 flick give it a try.

I'm watching Das Boot on Sky. German tv show set during WW2, on the french coasts, narrative divided between submarines crews and resistance/germans on dryland.

I've read a lot of kinda dire critics, some probably even deserved, but overall I'm finding it surprisingly entertaining. Loving the atmospheres and some of the characters.. if you, like me, are always in for a WW2 flick give it a try.
Is that the original German TV/movie from the 80s?
Great stuff,loved it,haven't seen it in years.

Back
Top Bottom