The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

We know what happened dude, that's why (me at least) i did a "different/no related" joke..
All is fine slamsoze! I'm not so angry because of you and buzzy. I'M FUCKING ANGRY About the politicians and these dumb germans gave them his vote.

If I rember correctly you are from greece? Heard about Crete Island in TV Stationnews - very sad! I was as a young boy there with my family many years ago. It was so nice with nice greek people. All gave us a hello welcome. And now I'm shocked. I hope everybody is safe there.

All is fine slamsoze! I'm not so angry because of you and buzzy. I'M FUCKING ANGRY About the politicians and these dumb germans gave them his vote.

If I rember correctly you are from greece? Heard about Crete Island in TV Stationnews - very sad! I was as a young boy there with my family many years ago. It was so nice with nice greek people. All gave us a hello welcome. And now I'm shocked. I hope everybody is safe there.
I know dude. I do not make a comment on the politics now, cause the topic is huge with political and social and historic extentions. I think it is too heavy for such a place. And it is a problem in most European countries the most recent years.

All i can say is about all European countries, when there is financial or political or social crisis, extreme ideologies, far-right etc, become stronger.

Yes Crete has a difficult time, but things seem to be stable now. And yes i am from Greece, but technically and i mean it, i am 90% Greek and 10% German, but that's a story for an other time.

I know dude. I do not make a comment on the politics now, cause the topic is huge with political and social and historic extentions. I think it is too heavy for such a place. And it is a problem in most European countries the most recent years.

All i can say is about all European countries, when there is financial or political or social crisis, extreme ideologies, far-right etc, become stronger.

Yes Crete has a difficult time, but things seem to be stable now. And yes i am from Greece, but technically and i mean it, i am 90% Greek and 10% German, but that's a story for an other time.
You don't need to, if you not want mate. :BEER:

You don't need to, if you not want mate. :BEER:

As Rocko & Flipper have pointed out, this is slowly happening everywhere my friend :((
The general populace stuck to pointing fingers & not looking for real solutions.

Just recently everyone celebrated when Trump was voted out. Now I don't care for Trump, but It's like they had pinned all the problems in the world to that guy. So we celebrate that he is gone, celebrate the "righteous" change "the people" voted for .. & now there is Biden. So is Biden good ? :LMAO: He really helped that situation with in Afghanistan!

My point is, this has surpassed any "political" ideology that we personally hold. This is becoming a fight for our simple human rights.

Look at this insecurity mate, gauntlets even :LOL:.. at the moment we have helicopters flying all day/night (with our tax money) & a massive military plane has been circling for 2 nights now.. some think it is a C-130 or similar.
LindtCafeVicPolice_1280x720.jpg

A quote from a great master.. "Anger clouds the mind.. turned inward, it is an unconquerable enemy!"

.. just like all the cliche's stated, we have to stop blaming each other & UNITE. Because it will reach us all. This is their idea of "globalization" after all ..

My point is, this has surpassed any "political" ideology that we personally hold. This is becoming a fight for our simple human
I suppose the real dangerous thing about the whole situation is that everywhere, across the whole world, people are starting to vote for extreme right wings, being attracted by "our people first" slogans. But this is just a cover.
As much as left can be useless - they are not dangerous.
Right usually has racism, homophobia and all sorts of dangerous attachments to it.
It can lead to complete collapse of EU and more conflicts.
I dont like to talk politics and we usually avoid it in here, but its sad to see humanity doesnt really learn from history.

I suppose the real dangerous thing about the whole situation is that everywhere, across the whole world, people are starting to vote for extreme right wings, being attracted by "our people first" slogans. But this is just a cover.
As much as left can be useless - they are not dangerous.
Right usually has racism, homophobia and all sorts of dangerous attachments to it.
It can lead to complete collapse of EU and more conflicts.
I dont like to talk politics and we usually avoid it in here, but its sad to see humanity doesnt really learn from history.
You are always correct with your observations.. & you care alot for wildlife.. I vote for you to be the next president! :BY:

I hate bringing politics up too, especially in a forum such as this. Their own censorship will work against them though, we don't have to discuss much here.
Just wanted Carles & anyone scrambling for answers to know they are not alone :TU:

In 1962, John F. Kennedy famously said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

I love historic quotes :LOL:

Sorry mate, i meant no offence. Like Jaygrim said i wasn't sure what you were referring to. If we are referring to parties with Nazi tendencies, then yes i understand. My only comment was the fact i couldn't understand the 100 years bit. ;)

I vote for you to be the next president!
:LOL:
..of what? Not sure about your location.
Need to know what time will I have to get up to drive to work from small village in Ireland.. :LOL:
But I can certainly give it a go!
My campaign motto would be "Yes, we might!". :LOL:
It's on auto-repeat.
Yep. Only the other day I had a chat with the wife asking her does she thinks we are on some loop here.
Did we get to this stage and wiped ourselves out few times already.
She told me im a gobshite, coz they would find some leftovers from previous civilisations.
Not if they used some crazy-ass weapons that evaporated everything, or took refuge here from some other fucked up planet!
She obviously didnt pay much attention watching Battlestar Galactica! :LOL:

Viaplay has nicked half of the CL rights over here, so there is no Porto - Liverpool game for me tonight. So that's naff. Also in general, way to many streaming services. And Amazon Prime that somehow doesn't allow me to cancel the subscription. But salvation is at hand as my card is just about to expire. Get bent, Amazon

:LOL:
..of what? Not sure about your location.
Need to know what time will I have to get up to drive to work from small village in Ireland.. :LOL:
But I can certainly give it a go!
My campaign motto would be "Yes, we might!". :LOL:

Yep. Only the other day I had a chat with the wife asking her does she thinks we are on some loop here.
Did we get to this stage and wiped ourselves out few times already.
She told me im a gobshite, coz they would find some leftovers from previous civilisations.
Not if they used some crazy-ass weapons that evaporated everything, or took refuge here from some other fucked up planet!
She obviously didnt pay much attention watching Battlestar Galactica! :LOL:
We could be on a loop, like the bible talks of the end times and whatnot. How could it know? yes we are probably in some kind of matrix and we are all living a test program. So if that's the case, we are doomed to failure. I still wouldn't risk jumping from the top of a building though. :D

Viaplay has nicked half of the CL rights over here, so there is no Porto - Liverpool game for me tonight. So that's naff. Also in general, way to many streaming services. And Amazon Prime that somehow doesn't allow me to cancel the subscription. But salvation is at hand as my card is just about to expire. Get bent, Amazon
The insane amount of streaming services are bugging me too.
Viaplay lost CL here ,they've had it since it started I guess.
So if I want CL/La liga/Serie A =cmore.
PL/BL= Viaplay
Allsvenskan= Discovery.
Not to mention all other series/movies platforms like Netflix/HBO/Disney/Paramount/Amazon

Sorry mate, i meant no offence. Like Jaygrim said i wasn't sure what you were referring to. If we are referring to parties with Nazi tendencies, then yes i understand. My only comment was the fact i couldn't understand the 100 years bit. ;)
No problem bro! Maybe the fact of my denglish (from Loddar Maddheus) knowledge. I wrote in kyliric leters. :DOH:🙃

The likes of Sky and BT charging extra for HD on sports. How are they getting away with it? Surely HD is now the standard??

The likes of Sky and BT charging extra for HD on sports. How are they getting away with it? Surely HD is now the standard??

Truly an insult to intelligence!
And then they complain when I ... I mean when people just find a stream online :LOL:

Meanwhile I used to praise EPL coverage in general, the match analysis before & during a game was refreshing for me. But to me it seems there is much more ads nowadays.

Watching alot of Turkish league bollocks over the years, which is just ads & ads until literally 5 seconds before kick-off. I hope EPL doesn't fall too far into that vice.

@Joga I must admit I've now got to the stage where I turn it on at kick off and turn it off at full time. Got so tired of all the analysis, people like Carragher telling me what I am seeing on the screen, he's gone past his man, pulled it back and that's a great finish but the defender should have done better. Yeah I could see that myself thanks!

I also really wish there was an option for just crowd noise during the game too, I would be all over that. Particularly if they would leave the bloody microphones on instead of turning the crowd sound down any time there might be swearing in the chants which constantly ruins any sense of atmosphere.

As for ads, at half time it's mostly ads, they even come back from an ad for the host to say a few words about the second half such as can Liverpool come back in the second half, we'll find out after the break! Oh right you're having another break after 30 seconds are you?

I also really wish there was an option for just crowd noise during the game too, I would be all over that.
I had this earlier today, entirely by accident.

The match outputs from the BT Box in 5.1 sound, with the centre channel being the exclusive commentary channel. Something happened (my TV is buggy, my sound system is 20 years old - it can get really weird), and that centre channel just disappeared.

I assumed it was happening to everyone - looked at Twitter, not a word... Then a goal was scored, and still no commentary.

I ruined it by rewinding the game to see something again, and at that point it fixed itself. Really weird. (But if I really wanted to, I could just mute the centre channel when watching the football! Something to consider?)

I prefer to watch my team on stream when not being there myself (like the past two years..)
The reason is that it's without commentary unlike the yelling and constant explaining of what's going on (like I can't see that for myself right?) out on the pitch.

Good commentary is hard to find nowadays ,prefer the dry old gits back in the 70 that hardly spoke

I ruined it by rewinding the game to see something again, and at that point it fixed itself. Really weird. (But if I really wanted to, I could just mute the centre channel when watching the football! Something to consider?)

Definitely! That does suggest it's possible for them to do it then if it's output on a separate channel to the crowd. I remember, I think it was 2 years ago, anyway the first batch of games Amazon had and they had the option for just crowd noise but last season sadly it wasn't there.

Good commentary is hard to find nowadays ,prefer the dry old gits back in the 70 that hardly spoke

That's it they are few and far between, especially the co-commentator. The likes of Carragher and Savage just bang on and on endlessly they even out talk the bloody commentator and I end up turning the sound lower. I find Alan Smith ok because he doesn't talk endlessly and I did enjoy Ally McCoist who was on the Amazon games as he is generally quite funny.

Uncensored crowd noise would be a joy.

I was going to post this in the 'great' thread in response to the facebook outages .. but I don't want to ruin the good vibes there :LOL:

However this is a GREAT video on a subject which I hate.

I wouldn't mind Instagram so much if not for the "stories". Stories in general are what really pisses me off with social media. I don't have to know what someone is doing every moment of every day. But a picture of your cat, sure!

On national news
"Facebook apologise for keeping people offline for hours..."
How did we get to this point?
How is this a national news?
Its beyond me how much people depend on social media..
Its quite scary, coz it humanity is really heading towards the crowd from "Idiocracy".

Social media has really triggered all the tinfoil and not very mentally stable guys.
Before ,you had to write a letter or later on a blog about all your crazy ideas ,now it's just a tap on your phone and start writing.

Obviously the media does the same ,no reflections ,just clicks!

On national news
"Facebook apologise for keeping people offline for hours..."
How did we get to this point?
How is this a national news?
Its beyond me how much people depend on social media..
Its quite scary, coz it humanity is really heading towards the crowd from "Idiocracy".

It's incredible what constitutes news these days. You get some news stories online that are about a viral video or these mind numbing 'life hack' bollocks on some shit like tik-tok or similar. It might be entertainment for some but one thing it certainly isn't is news! Or the lame journalism that has a story and half the piece is twitter quotes about it from random people!

Social media has really triggered all the tinfoil and not very mentally stable guys.
Before ,you had to write a letter or later on a blog about all your crazy ideas ,now it's just a tap on your phone and start writing.

Obviously the media does the same ,no reflections ,just clicks!

That's the biggest problem with social media isn't it? It gives a voice to everyone. In essence maybe a good idea but there are an awful lot of nut jobs that the world really doesn't need to hear from.

That's also a good point about football now too and the constant turnover of managers led by twitter storms. You used to come out of football after a bad performance and have a good old whinge about it on the way home or in the pub or whatever, then by the next day you'd put it in perspective and started to look forward to the next match. Now those initial feelings are instantly stuck on social media and gather pace and get way magnified way out of context.

As you said with the past there was time to reflect before acting and most times it left time to realise it wasn't such a big deal now it's knee jerk reactions that are seen by thousands if not millions.

:LOL: You guys are spot on. It has become like their own online diary. Speaking out & craving acceptance (likes) to fill the void of loneliness.

I had one "mate" back in the day, comment on me wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt in some photo .. Apparently Che killed thousands in Portugal & I was being disrespectful. I informed him that's his opinion, but Che didn't even go to Portugal.. To which he called me a liar because his grandpa fought against him in the war against communism:LMAO:

Licenses would be good now that you mention it! I remember in grade 3 we had to take a test & got our pen license, if we could write well enough!

Back
Top Bottom