The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

A few acquaintances have gone into the police and almost all made every effort to get off the beat or even quit completely. By accounts, it was too demoralising trying to enforce the law only to be undermined at every turn. Senior officers with stubbornly old-fashioned tactics, taking credit for their work; the fragile, lengthy, often lenient court process and system; government moving goalposts; general public with zero respect; insane levels of media scrutiny. They get it from all angles and it's not worth it.

I get the impression now that the only people who can take the above are emotionless robots. Ask no questions and apply the letter of the law without any humour or charm. Except for stilted social media campaigns. Anyone who's experienced policing at a football game will know that the odd copper who knows their audience and engages with a bit of back and forth is the one who gets respect. The superiority complex ones - they're the worst. No-one responds well to them.

A few acquaintances have gone into the police and almost all made every effort to get off the beat or even quit completely. By accounts, it was too demoralising trying to enforce the law only to be undermined at every turn. Senior officers with stubbornly old-fashioned tactics, taking credit for their work; the fragile, lengthy, often lenient court process and system; government moving goalposts; general public with zero respect; insane levels of media scrutiny. They get it from all angles and it's not worth it.

I get the impression now that the only people who can take the above are emotionless robots. Ask no questions and apply the letter of the law without any humour or charm. Except for stilted social media campaigns. Anyone who's experienced policing at a football game will know that the odd copper who knows their audience and engages with a bit of back and forth is the one who gets respect. The superiority complex ones - they're the worst. No-one responds well to them.
Well said, that's exactly that. The good cop bad cop routine has always mystified me. It doesn't matter if cop A is the nicest bloke you could meet, then why not stop there? because when you know/suspect cop B is going to be a knob head, then A & B can both go f88k themselves. :SAL: :LOL:

Nor did I. What he does, fair enough. How he does it, piss off. And more fool the people who lap it up. Deadline day/the transfer window is horrible. Most of the ongoings should be treated with the same contempt as the Super League was.

I see Barcelona being the butt of jokes from Real Madrid fanboys (none of whom from Madrid, funnily enough) about their dealings. Although it'll still be vast sums of money, fair play to them for drastically cutting costs. Their hand has been forced, of course, but what of Real bidding £200m-ish for Mbappe months after whining about a lack of revenue?

Edit: Just saw this. Wow.

To be fair, I know a lot of Barcelona fans and none of them have even been to Spain before let alone be from the city. The biggest clubs have fans from all over the world obviously.

For example, A very close friend of mine is a diehard Liverpool supporter. He’s as cockney as they come (he’s from Camden) and started supporting them in the 80s, like most Pool fans I know.

I don’t particularly have any fondness for either Barca or Real Madrid. Would happily see both relegated. (I’m an Aston Villa fan who is not from B’ham for context).

Well said, that's exactly that. The good cop bad cop routine has always mystified me. It doesn't matter if cop A is the nicest bloke you could meet, then why not stop there? because when you know/suspect cop B is going to be a knob head, then A & B can both go f88k themselves. :SAL: :LOL:

Absolutely.

When Cop B fails the exam they become a bouncer. They piss me off.

This actually reminds me of one time.....
I used to live near this student campus and someone had stolen some mountain bike wheels from there, and was seen heading up my street and cut down

somewhere on my side. Two of them knocked on my door. One was very nice but the other didn't say anything but looked at me with suspicion. He looked a right Bar steward! Anyway after i "marked their card" and "enlightened" :! them that next door has an alleyway that goes down the back onto other gardens. :ROLL:they pissed off.

Fast forward around 2 years ago, i gets on a bus with an all day ticket, and who should be driving? The bad copper. I could tell it was him, still looked a miserable git, and he properly checked my ticket out. :LOL: what a dick! I bet if he's married (bless her) he would scold his wife for drinking out of his cup.

To be fair, I know a lot of Barcelona fans and none of them have even been to Spain before let alone be from the city.

I don’t particularly have any fondness for either Barca or Real Madrid. Would happily see both relegated. (I’m an Aston Villa fan for context).

I wasn't singling out Real in that regard; I imagine it's worse with Barcelona if anything! Just a general observation about the amount of vitriol in the dialogue between foreign fans of these clubs. Again, I can't fathom having that passion for a club other than the one in your local community. Other than that emotional attachment, it's just a game - enjoy it. Don't get annoyed at some bloke at the other side of the world because they support a different team from a country 1,000s of miles away!

I wasn't singling out Real in that regard; I imagine it's worse with Barcelona if anything! Just a general observation about the amount of vitriol in the dialogue between foreign fans of these clubs. Again, I can't fathom having that passion for a club other than the one in your local community. Other than that emotional attachment, it's just a game - enjoy it. Don't get annoyed at some bloke at the other side of the world because they support a different team from a country 1,000s of miles away!
Agree completely!

This actually reminds me of one time.....
I used to live near this student campus and someone had stolen some mountain bike wheels from there, and was seen heading up my street and cut down

somewhere on my side. Two of them knocked on my door. One was very nice but the other didn't say anything but looked at me with suspicion. He looked a right Bar steward! Anyway after i "marked their card" and "enlightened" :! them that next door has an alleyway that goes down the back onto other gardens. :ROLL:they pissed off.

Fast forward around 2 years ago, i gets on a bus with an all day ticket, and who should be driving? The bad copper. I could tell it was him, still looked a miserable git, and he properly checked my ticket out. :LOL: what a dick! I bet if he's married (bless her) he would scold his wife for drinking out of his cup.

Funny you should mention bus drivers as I put them in a similar bracket.

Both a police officer and bus driver could be incredibly demoralising gigs. Let's be honest: people are awful, and in both jobs you'll have to deal with very testing individuals and groups. But sometimes I feel bus drivers are asking for it. I'd like to think I'm the model bus passenger, but you can be made to feel like an inconvenience by the driver. If you're browbeaten because a lot of other passengers are dickheads, don't make it my problem and take me down with you, bellend!

@Buzzy Surprised it didn't say "After an in depth investigation" first!

I think the problem with the police is like a lot of things that over the last 20-30 years have gone from one extreme that was totally wrong to the other extreme that is equally wrong. You had the times of people being 'fitted up' and cover ups etc to a complete swing where the criminal now has all the power whilst the victims can basically fuck off and the police's hands are tied or if they do get them in court some judge will give out a ridiculously lenient sentence or a suspended one etc.
In other words Matty, they have gone from Gene Hunt to what a c*nt! :LOL:

Anyone who's experienced policing at a football game will know that the odd copper who knows their audience and engages with a bit of back and forth is the one who gets respect. The superiority complex ones - they're the worst. No-one responds well to them.

100%. See also: Stewards.

Seems there are three types of stewards for away fans

1) Those that do nothing but stand in the way in gangways and stairs
2) Those who are generally helpful, pleasant and have common sense (Prime example - See Wycombe)
3) Wannabee Gestapo officers. (Prime example - See Oxford)

Sadly most seem to lean towards 3.

In other words Matty, they have gone from Gene Hunt to what a c*nt! :LOL:

What brilliant series that and Ashes To Ashes were.

100%. See also: Stewards.

Seems there are three types of stewards for away fans

1) Those that do nothing but stand in the way in gangways and stairs
2) Those who are generally helpful, pleasant and have common sense (Prime example - See Wycombe)
3) Wannabee Gestapo officers. (Prime example - See Oxford)

Sadly most seem to lean towards 3.

Very true. If I were a steward I'd definitely be Number 1. Simply not worth the hassle to get too involved, and I'm pretty sure the money is pathetic. Keep your nose clean, take the money, and leave.

Number 2 is like gold dust.

Number 3 is the worst and definitely most common steward. They think that hi-vis is a cloak of invincibility. No common sense, act in a passive aggressive or plain aggressive manner. And it's always punishing low-hanging fruit to make themselves feel big and justify themselves. The hired firms don't give a shit. The fans aren't the customers to them so they don't care one jot. And the get away with it all the time because some fans are, indeed, massive cunts who deserve to get reprimanded or chucked out

Following on what we was talking about.....
This is good, it's about 42 mins, if anyones interested.

tbh I could only stomach that for 15 mins .. it is all too predictable. Respect to that lad (James?). You can see & hear how shocked the interrogator is at 1:07, that James could express himself so coherently.

The interrogator then assures James that he is listening, even if it seems he isn't.. (LOL) & then he proceeds to not listen at all & fidget with his pen, pretending to take notes. Honestly even without audio, you can see from the body language that this cop has no idea. "Road rage is a colloquial , general term" :FAIL:

I hope James is OK. He is extremely lucky that he couldn't pull out his little razor blade.. or that cop would've had him rotting in a cell that same night.

tbh I could only stomach that for 15 mins .. it is all too predictable. Respect to that lad (James?). You can see & hear how shocked the interrogator is at 1:07, that James could express himself so coherently.

The interrogator then assures James that he is listening, even if it seems he isn't.. (LOL) & then he proceeds to not listen at all & fidget with his pen, pretending to take notes. Honestly even without audio, you can see from the body language that this cop has no idea. "Road rage is a colloquial , general term" :FAIL:

I hope James is OK. He is extremely lucky that he couldn't pull out his little razor blade.. or that cop would've had him rotting in a cell that same night.
The best bit (sort of) is when he shows the officer a recording on his phone. You don't see it, but to hear the guy suffering is enough, and that bit is hard to listen to.

I have it bookmarked, so I will return & watch the whole thing sometime. Listening to that cop bullshit his way through like a telemarketer is actually bringing back so much PTSD for me :LMAO: They are all so similar in character even on the other side of the bloody world.

EDIT: If you want to kill a few more brain cells ;)

Last edited:

Pissing me off is a bit strong but I just don't get the love for this right now on Twitter. Doesn't strike me as being about the team/sport, more about the jolly/sun/beer. I've no problem with people having a jolly/sun/beer, but don't conflate it with passion for the sport. See also: Scotland fans.

Pissing me off is a bit strong but I just don't get the love for this right now on Twitter. Doesn't strike me as being about the team/sport, more about the jolly/sun/beer. I've no problem with people having a jolly/sun/beer, but don't conflate it with passion for the sport. See also: Scotland fans.
That many people to a college game is fraught with many dangers, one that often gets overlooked is this...
i-robbed-your-ass-bitch-i-robbed-you.gif

Spam replies on tweets. Almost invariably (on the tweets I consume) religious buffoonery or football tipsters.

But then should I be pissed off with myself for breaking my 'don't read the comments' maxim?..

#TweetTwatClean I never understood all that hashtag tomfoolery. Is it like sending a link? forgive me, i am old and not a a tweeter, just an EW Twatter!

I have never felt the urge to join and find out. Then again forget it, i don't need to know. I am having enough trouble hanging on to old memories so new data will overcook my CPU. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom