The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

That's wild. Is that company or government policy?

My girlfriend's work doesn't have its own policy so it was the government's of:

Statutory Maternity Pay ( SMP ) is paid for up to 39 weeks. You get: 90% of your average weekly earnings (before tax) for the first 6 weeks. £184.03 or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for the next 33 weeks. She was granted a full year but after the 39 weeks her pay stopped completely.

I had two weeks of leave at full pay.

The cost of childcare here is outrageous. So expensive AND places are limited. The two probably go hand in hand to be fair.
It's been a law/right since the 70s I think, implemented by the government.
It's really a good thing, but the right wing mong's are always trying to get women to stay at home instead of the men, you know the old "family value" bs.

There's a cap on how much you have to pay for child care as well, based on income, saw that its around 140 Euros max a month

Climate change! I can't sleep because It is the hottest night ever for me here. At midnight I had 22°C outdoor and now at 03:40 in the night 18°C.
My bed is like a ocean of sweat....

:CURSE:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-things-that-piss-me-off-thread.46224/post-4089169

Tonight at this moment I have outdoor 25°C and indoor the same, 25°C.
I think next summer I will tunning my fridge to a bed too. So I can sleep in it. :BRICK:
You are very lucky up to the North. Down here to the south, it's been since late May, that the temperature is always over 37°C Usually it's around 39°C , and over 41°C the hot days.

Imagine that when i get in my car during the day, the thermometer shows 44°C ~45°C in sunny place.

On top of that I moved house last month, and my new place has indoors 35 at day, and 33°C at nights. I am working the A/C almost all day long. Don't even know how much I will pay for electricity bill.

On the bright side, last week we had two hours of raining, and the temperature reduced by ten degrees, went to 33°C!!! so it felt like a very cool day. But it lasted only for one day.

That's how a very cool day looks in Greece, the last 2 summers. My humble opinion is that the climate is already faked up, without reverse point.
IMG_20240825_225701.jpg

Last edited:
You are very lucky up to the North. Down here to the south, it's been since late May, that the temperature is always over 37°C Usually it's around 39°C , and over 41°C the hot days.

Imagine that when i get in my car during the day, the thermometer shows 44°C ~45°C in sunny place.

On top of that I moved house last month, and my new place has indoors 35 at day, and 33°C at nights. I am working the A/C almost all day long. Don't even know how much I will pay for electricity bill.

On the bright side, last week we had two hours of raining, and the temperature reduced by ten degrees, went to 33°C!!! so it felt like a very cool day. But it lasted only for one day.

That's how a very cool day looks in Greece, the last 2 summers. My humble opinion is that the climate is already faked up, without reverse point.
View attachment 298363
Hi mate, yea don't want to change with you, sorry. :(

We had some years ago, I think it was at june 39°C too at daytime. But can't remember which year. Yeasterday night was a real tropic night here with 25°C/24°C outdoor. between midnight and 03:00 o'clock. At 21:00 o'clock was around 29°C.

Last time I watched news at TV and remember it. There was really scaring bush and forest fire near Athens. I really hope you and your loved ones was not in danger and you are save, mate! :PRAY:

Buying concert tickets. Have we normalised anything so scandalous?

I remember my first Oasis concert at Westpoint in Exeter - Think it was 97.
The only place to buy tickets for the event was HMV in Exeter - They opened at 9AM and me and mates joined queue at about 7ish.
Guess what we got tickets along with all the other people who queued.

Now tickets are mainly being bought by people using bots with many being resold.

I am still in the queue for Oasis tickets now as I managed to join the queue at 17000 where my mates all joined at around 200,000.

Fuchs' sourdough bread because they sent my stomac and intestines to a bloody frenzy this week, from which I haven't recovered.

Back
Top Bottom