The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

My new HD TV!! The PS3 with the HDMI cable now looks like sex, that's it, gaming will never be the same. I've never had a HD TV before. :D

Go back to a standard tv after a while when you get that sort of 'actually, is it as different as i think?' It will shock you how different it is.

My new HD TV!! The PS3 with the HDMI cable now looks like sex, that's it, gaming will never be the same. I've never had a HD TV before. :D

I think i had a HD TV before a HD console so i didn't see the massive difference

i wish i had though, you will appreciate how good games look now :))

one thing that did blow me away was seeing a Blueray for the first time

you wait till you see that!!!!

Indoor slopes are so wank compared to real skiing though. It's like the difference between playing for England in the world cup final at Wembley and playing on your own in the garden.

True, but it's not too bad at Chill Factor, it could definitely be worse.

Had to go to Runcorn dry slope for a fix if I wanted skiing.

Still, provides a bit of practice and fun whilst I save up to go to Vancouver next year.

It's very easy to pick up, and then not realise what you've achieved as well Tim.

In a week I went from never having skiied before to having done every single route on the mountain, including the Olympic route which is the steepest thing I've ever been down on any surface doing anything. We once went from the top of the mountain (around 3500 feet) all the way to the town below (around 300 feet), and that was just amazing to think we'd done it.

Now it's just something natural.

Going back to Prague a couple of times this year and trying to pick up some more of the language, I love their, or should I say your language and the literal meaning of some of your proverbs and sayings... ;)
Thanks for your reply, nice to hear that you like our language. :))

Most people say Czech is a very complicated language to learn though, don't you think so? :P

True, but it's not too bad at Chill Factor, it could definitely be worse.

Had to go to Runcorn dry slope for a fix if I wanted skiing.

Still, provides a bit of practice and fun whilst I save up to go to Vancouver next year.

Would you recommend Chill Factor or Runcorn?

I have picked up a few words, I have a little broken Japanese too, I thought that was hard but Czech is even harder...:CONF: :DD
Well, at least we use the Latin alphabet. :DD

I thought Czech wasn't harder than Japanese, but obviously I can't compare them since Czech is my mother tongue and I've never tried to learn Japanese, only English and German which are both far easier...

Back
Top Bottom