The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

WOW!! has it really been 8 years since the last post in here. That says a lot for nowadays :LOL:

Anyway, i wanted to say the site is great. After all these years i have learnt more about the written English language on this site, than i ever did at school. However now i am much improved, i do see and feel my English teachers pain. :DD

Jaysus... would you believe I never knew about this thread?! Things werent that great recently, huh? :LOL:

Anyhow - Fifa16 is great. Whiskey is great. Chocolate is great. Dogs (and other pets) are great. Daughters are great.

Right, now with this out of the way - back to "Things that piss me off" thread.
:LOL:

In all seriousness - it's great to see some good and kindness in the world.
With social media, recent politics, xenophobia, racism and hatred everywhere - its getting harder and harder to see small acts of kindness. Especially now, when people really are on the edge with this pandemic..
Whether its just a few nice words, helping hand on the street, or kindness towards an animal - whatever it is - its always great to see it. Its so easy to completely lose faith in humanity these days.
So any glimpse of kindness towards others always brings me a lot of joy.

Like that guy above with his fundraiser.
It doesnt matter if she needs money, or not. It doesnt even matter if we think that fundraiser was a good idea here. But its a guy, who saw something wrong and decided to do something about it.
And fair fucking play to him!

Even here, on Evo-Web. There are so many people here, with different backgrounds, age, religion, nationality. Some that, by default, could (or even - should?) very easily hate one another. Yet it feels like one big family, where most people could not give two fucks where others are from and what do they believe in. Its extremely rare to see racist or hateful posts, even among those reported ones.
I know that admins are doing a great job in keeping this place "clean", but still - if a bunch of grumpy (and in many cases old) lads with completely different backgrounds can be civil and friendly - it brings a bit of hope.

Taking a walk down to the ocean

Shout-out for this. Nothing resets the demons and clears the head like the sea. It's a great leveller: makes me, and all the problems, seem so insignificant. Probably the main thing I miss about the office, the commute along this path:

Screenshot_20210704-220633_Gallery.jpg

General shout-out to nature, too. Spent this morning hanging around with and feeding these guys with my niece. More accurately, with food pellets with the help of my niece.

20210704_121514.jpg

Shout-out for this. Nothing resets the demons and clears the head like the sea. It's a great leveller: makes me, and all the problems, seem so insignificant. Probably the main thing I miss about the office, the commute along this path:

View attachment 108681

General shout-out to nature, too. Spent this morning hanging around with and feeding these guys with my niece. More accurately, with food pellets with the help of my niece.

View attachment 108682
Aah,nature what a thing.
Did my army time up in the north of Sweden (Kiruna)
Miss it,when we where out among the high mountain peaks you could spot wolves and bears from a distance (thank god)

We hardly have any forest where I live now,miss that thick 1000 year old fairy tale forest.
Magic stuff.

But the sea helps a lot, couldn't live inland without the ocean nearby,it's my reset button,and I paddle/swim in it too,being inside an element is such a humbling experience.
IMG_20210624_131646.jpg

Aah,nature what a thing.
Did my army time up in the north of Sweden (Kiruna)
Miss it,when we where out among the high mountain peaks you could spot wolves and bears from a distance (thank god)

We hardly have any forest where I live now,miss that thick 1000 year old fairy tale forest.
Magic stuff.

But the sea helps a lot, couldn't live inland without the ocean nearby,it's my reset button,and I paddle/swim in it too,being inside an element is such a humbling experience.
View attachment 108690

Yeah I'm the same; I don't think I could live far away from the sea. I think it's common for people who grew up in coastal towns and cities.

Back
Top Bottom