The Retro-PES Corner

Here's a useful post for those who play AMADOR (as well as those who're thinking about it...):

To celebrate the release of AMADOR Online, I decided to create a compilation of all the AMADOR content: the ultimate AMADOR Bundle!

https://liberomagazine.wordpress.com/2020/01/18/amador-bundle-all-in-one/

The post has the following:
- the mod installer provided by, of course, our installer man @Sany023;
- the AMADOR Bundle: a pack containing the database + kitpack + official matchballs + Adboards + Online
- at least one download link and one mirror for each of the files of the Bundle, which can also be downloaded individually and separately.

If there's anything missing from the Bundle, let me know and I'll add it.

Thanks to everyone who helped building the world of AMADOR, now playable online for the whole world to enjoy! :PIRATE:

Well after 64 straight game on PES 2010, I've finally uploaded The Final. This game has pleasantly surprised me and conjured up many memorable emotions i had of playing this when it released. The last true PES of PS2 era DNA, Every game tells a story, Drama and sophisticated AI that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I'm quite proud of this series and i'm happy a lot of other people have a new found appreciation for a game that was considered stale and was swept aside by FIFA 10; 10 years ago.

And now a well earned break, I'm going to play a ton of other Retro PES games that are going to feel brand new to me again after spending 8 weeks with PES 2010!

This is it! 64 World Cup fixtures of drama, heartbreak and ecstasy culminate in this - The Final!

It's "The 98 Remake" - Brazil have not beaten France in a World Cup game since 1958 and now is their chance to avenge the humiliation of the 1998 final in Paris. But Les Bleus have a very dangerous goal scorer on their front line, Intent on breaking a World Cup record; Theirry Henry. How does it go down in Soccer City?

Ok, here goes nothing. This is a release date trailer:

Still not sure how I'll be releasing this. Need to check with Evo-web moderators to see what the rules are on releasing ISO's...but anyway, release date might be earlier. But want to make sure it's all polished, so best to take as much time.

Last edited:
Anyone how how to edit PES PSP Option files?
I dont have a PS2 so i cant do the easy way of just import PS2 OF to PSP

@MafiaMurderBag: What's next now on your retro-PES to-play list?

@skickahit10: One could write entire pages about that question! The beauty of retro-PES is, as @MafiaMurderBag once put it, that you have an entire catalog of games where each produce its own "version" of football. What's yours? If you're the type who yearns for a Celtic-Rangers on a cold rainy winter's night back in the 90s, PES5 is your game. If you want the footballing version of drinking a couple of Red Bulls you'll definitely enjoy PES4. I could go on, but each of all of these games is realistic in what they do best, even if overall they might be far from real football. Then, it's a matter of you finding out which game fits you better.

@Pavel08: You mean, ingame editing?

@skickahit10: One could write entire pages about that question! The beauty of retro-PES is, as @MafiaMurderBag once put it, that you have an entire catalog of games where each produce its own "version" of football. What's yours? If you're the type who yearns for a Celtic-Rangers on a cold rainy winter's night back in the 90s, PES5 is your game. If you want the footballing version of drinking a couple of Red Bulls you'll definitely enjoy PES4. I could go on, but each of all of these games is realistic in what they do best, even if overall they might be far from real football. Then, it's a matter of you finding out which game fits you better.

@Pavel08: You mean, ingame editing?

No,I mean editing with PESEditor

One could write entire pages about that question! The beauty of retro-PES is, as @MafiaMurderBag once put it, that you have an entire catalogue of games where each produce its own "version" of football.
Well these two comments go hand in hand, I've just played 64 matches straight on PES 2010 & very little of anything else, Even with the most enjoyable of games, too much of anything gets fatiguing. So i'm pleased i ended that finale on a great note; I have sense of closure with PES 2010... A game i have come full circle back to 10 years later now feeling enlightened to how i underappreciated it during it's prime.

Which brings me to your second quote, There's many endearing qualities to the power of Retro PES, Not only that each title is unique, When one is in a situation like mine, Just as you've had enough with a game and rather than forcing ourselves to groan our way into a cold bedroom after the honeymoon period has expired like we did in the past with PES & FIFA for a year while we crossed our fingers awaiting the annual update...

You can boot up a different PES game before your current affair outstays it's welcome and it's a totally refreshing experience. This week I've been rotating between WE6 Final Evolution, WE7 & PES 2011. The first 2 titles, Despite being consecutive are so vastly different to each other, Both function perfectly well as football simulators after 10 games on each, But play them back to back and they feel like there's 3 years worth of innovation between them, That's how big the strides the talented developers made at Konami each year, They certainly didn't rest on their laurels.

As far as my next series, There's a lot of educated guess and demand for Euro 2012, Which i can't wait to recreate, But I've done 3 international tournaments in a row so i'm going to some club football, Just deciding what game to showcase next.

Here's a couple of clips from WE6:FE...

Well these two comments go hand in hand, I've just played 64 matches straight on PES 2010 & very little of anything else, Even with the most enjoyable of games, too much of anything gets fatiguing. So i'm pleased i ended that finale on a great note; I have sense of closure with PES 2010... A game i have come full circle back to 10 years later now feeling enlightened to how i underappreciated it during it's prime.

Which brings me to your second quote, There's many endearing qualities to the power of Retro PES, Not only that each title is unique, When one is in a situation like mine, Just as you've had enough with a game and rather than forcing ourselves to groan our way into a cold bedroom after the honeymoon period has expired like we did in the past with PES & FIFA for a year while we crossed our fingers awaiting the annual update...

You can boot up a different PES game before your current affair outstays it's welcome and it's a totally refreshing experience. This week I've been rotating between WE6 Final Evolution, WE7 & PES 2011. The first 2 titles, Despite being consecutive are so vastly different to each other, Both function perfectly well as football simulators after 10 games on each, But play them back to back and they feel like there's 3 years worth of innovation between them, That's how big the strides the talented developers made at Konami each year, They certainly didn't rest on their laurels.

As far as my next series, There's a lot of educated guess and demand for Euro 2012, Which i can't wait to recreate, But I've done 3 international tournaments in a row so i'm going to some club football, Just deciding what game to showcase next.

Here's a couple of clips from WE6:FE...

All those old commentary, especially the Japanese, had of course far less lines and phrases than today, but were cult enough and had some good scenario and direction, although it was obvious the japanese mentality, like on ISS that repeated the conmentary line "it's a tense moment". It had passion inside and feelings, you could understand that a human wrote the lines.
The modern commentary , the greek amd the englisg at least, include so many lines but without any momentum. Either you score in a friendly match or in the 95' of the CL final, the speaker have a voice color like they read a medicine recipc or the supermarket wishlist.

@MafiaMurderBag: And the most interesting thing about all this is that before you know it, as time passes, you'll be ready for more PES2010 because after all the retro-PESs you played, it'll feel like a fresh experience yet again. Happens to me all the time: when I only play ISS Pro Evo for too long, and then play a PES3 or PES5, I'm absolutely amazed by the graphics and the technology of these games, feels a bit overwhelming honestly! Perspective is a powerful thing.

I have very little to no experience on Winning Eleven iterations, it's on my (ever-growing) retro-football list to fix that. It's great that you're talking about them in public because most people probably have never even heard about some of those titles; even die-hard long-time PES fans don't, let alone the others...

We all wonder why modern football gamers get a reputation of being spoiled brats? Well, because all they play is the latest iterations; no one ever made an effort to educate them on the history of these games. If they knew about it, they'd know we once played with faceless players (ISS Pro Evo) - and loved it! -, super-small databases, fake names for everything...then, they'd learn to appreciate what they have now for they'd know how far these games have come over the years/decades. This didn't fall from the heavens; this is the work of countless developers struggling over decades to get the games to the level they are now.

AMADOR Online - Players needed!

a47bd-418e9-2.jpg

As you might already know, recently @mattmid revealed that AMADOR, the unique PES6 PC mod, was now available to play online.
As much as playing random online friendlies is proving to be great fun, arguably the best online football experience I've ever had to be honest, we decided to bring to life the AMADOR world we envisioned when we created this mod.

We need 5 players to join us on AMADOR Online. Once we get those 5, we'll reveal why we need them, as well as all the details about our next adventure, of which you can be a part of.

Copy and paste the following list, adding your username in it, in order to dip your toes in the AMADOR Online world.

AMADOR Online: player list
- @mattmid
- @miguelfcp
-
-
-
-
-

(you can opt out of this list at any time)

I've never had such a close run in the champions league (playing as arsenal)...but is this a glitch, shouldn't barca qualify by goal difference?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-231429828.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-231429828.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 34
AMADOR Online - Players needed!

a47bd-418e9-2.jpg

As you might already know, recently @mattmid revealed that AMADOR, the unique PES6 PC mod, was now available to play online.
As much as playing random online friendlies is proving to be great fun, arguably the best online football experience I've ever had to be honest, we decided to bring to life the AMADOR world we envisioned when we created this mod.

We need 5 players to join us on AMADOR Online. Once we get those 5, we'll reveal why we need them, as well as all the details about our next adventure, of which you can be a part of.

Copy and paste the following list, adding your username in it, in order to dip your toes in the AMADOR Online world.

- @mattmid
- @miguelfcp
-
-
-
-
-

(you can opt out of this list at any time)

- @mattmid
- @miguelfcp
- @sniglet
-
-
-
-

Looking forward to whatever you have planned!

51WwrGu5nHL._SY445_.jpg

found another little gem in WE6JL I guess with the stats being so low and no growth (strikers with 59 attack) it really shines in places and I kind of like the AI they score some really nice goals. I am not used to editing any winning eleven 6 games apart from the ususal GGS stuff can anyone point me in the right direction for the tools i would need? thanks

Last edited:
Hi lads, I'm relatively new to this Retro PES stuff. I've been going back and playing some of my old favourites from when I was young. I've always loved PES 5, the gameplay, the soundtrack, the overall aesthetic. It's just so easy for me to waste hours of my life on it, in game or editing menus. So I've spent time updating the players to current day on my Playstation and it's going reasonably well so far. I feel I can make badges, kits, player faces to a fairly decent level. To where I'd recognise it at least. But something that's always intimidated me was the formation screen. When I was a child, I just changed out the tired players in master league and didn't dare to touch anything else. Even now going back, I still find it a bit overwhelming. So I just wanted to know before I invest a heavy amount of time in the tactics for these modern day clubs. Is there much tactical flexibility and multiple ways for the AI to play in this game? Is it worth taking time to learn the system so I can have the teams to a somewhat similar level? If not, can anyone point me to a game that you feels has the highest amount tactical options and AI variance. IIRC PES 17 is the benchmark for this in modern PES but is there a classic PES that would come close?

Last edited:
@DunneAndDusted: Welcome man, great to have you here.
Your question is very interesting. I've always regarded PES2010 as a great example of a retro-PES game with complex tactical options, facilitated by the sliders. However, with the necessary adjustments, individual + collective combos, and a bit of creativity, you can reproduce it all on PS2 PES. I've had no trouble reproducing real-life tactics over the years on PSP PES, for example, even if I'm far from a @Chenghis.Khan on that matter.

PES5, despite having that classic tactical system of the classic-PESs, has an issue with the underwhelming - and uncreative - attacking AI. If you're playing against a human, investing your time in editing PES5 is to me a sound choice; but if you're playing vs. the AI, eventually its limited attacking skill is bound to become a problem.

Hi lads, I'm relatively new to this Retro PES stuff. I've been going back and playing some of my old favourites from when I was young. I've always loved PES 5, the gameplay, the soundtrack, the overall aesthetic. It's just so easy for me to waste hours of my life on it, in game or editing menus. So I've spent time updating the players to current day on my Playstation and it's going reasonably well so far. I feel I can make badges, kits, player faces to a fairly decent level. To where I'd recognise it at least. But something that's always intimidated me was the formation screen. When I was a child, I just changed out the tired players in master league and didn't dare to touch anything else. Even now going back, I still find it a bit overwhelming. So I just wanted to know before I invest a heavy amount of time in the tactics for these modern day clubs. Is there much tactical flexibility and multiple ways for the AI to play in this game? Is it worth taking time to learn the system so I can have the teams to a somewhat similar level? If not, can anyone point me to a game that you feels has the highest amount tactical options and AI variance. IIRC PES 17 is the benchmark for this in modern PES but is there a classic PES that would come close?

Hi, welcome to the thread.

Yes @miguelfcp is right, the AI attacking in PES5 is not the best but one thing that helped me get an extra 5 years out the game was globally adjusting Team Work by 15. For me this made the AI better at attacking although I would suggest PES2008 if you are on PS2 as this has far better attacking play without the adjustments. All the best with your editing :)

I had an idea for when I finally complete my option file and begin a ML. When looking for players to buy i may use the option to look for 'Talent' rather than go through stats and position to look for the right player. The reason being is that when looking for 'Talent' you can pick a list of a certain type of player for example :-

CF Play
Striker
Shadow Striker
Attacking Midfielder
Winger
Defensive Midfielder
Side Back
Stopper
Tough Tackler
Defence Leader
Goalkeeper
Free-Kick Taker
Fast Runner
Utility Player

It could be seen as sending a scout out to go find a player. For example a 'Stopper', i am not sure what stats are taken into consideration when choosing this type of player. From when I have played ML before, I can get a bit overwhelmed looking at all the stats and comparing players so this could take all that out of it but in a good way. For example I may pick a player that comes under 'CF Play' yes his finishing may be good but maybe his heading is poor or his shot is weak or he may have injury setting C. All these things i would normally look out for but this way it would be a little more random in a realistic kind of way.

From what I have seen it gives a smaller list to go through so it means less options especially with the 0-3 star rating of the player's eagerness to join your team.

Or maybe I will use the search for players with potential.

I am so looking forward to finally starting my ML. Although it won't be until end of Feb or March.

I am desperate for my computer game footy fix.

So I nearly finished with Bundesliga (for my 1989 Mod)....It took ages...the reason is, just look at the team list? - I will seriously give my full respect if anyone here can list the teams without googling the answers. The Bundesliga was waaaaay different back in 1989.

bundesliga.jpg

(yep, VFL wolsburg is going to be replaced. that's the only team left to do).

Back
Top Bottom