The Random Crap Thread

CLICK

Sewing machine hoax hits S Arabia

_45664954_singer_wiki226i.jpg

Saudi police say they are investigating a hoax that has seen people rushing to buy old-fashioned sewing machines for up to $50,000 (£33,500).

The Singer sewing machines are said to contain traces of red mercury, a substance that may not exist. But it is widely thought that it can be used to find treasure, ward off evil spirits or even make nuclear bombs. It is believed that tiny amounts can sell for millions of dollars, the Saudi Gazette reported. The paper said that trade in the sewing machines was brisk across the country.

Rumours about the sewing machines have been spreading for days by word of mouth and over the internet, it said. These included rumours that foreign experts and companies had been buying up Singers. In Dhulum, it was reported that people had broken into two tailors' shops to steal the machines.

In the city of Madina, people were holding mobile phones up to the machines, due to the belief that they could be used to detect the presence of red mercury.

An interior ministry spokesman said authorities were trying to discover who had spread the rumours. "We have to find out who started this hoax," he told Reuters news agency. "People hope to make profit," he added. "This is no different to cases of citizens who put their money in untrustworthy schemes."
I've quoted all that because I just can't believe it and I feel like the original article won't be there in the morning, it seems like a totally random April Fool's joke.

Three letters; WTF?!?!

CLICK

I've quoted all that because I just can't believe it and I feel like the original article won't be there in the morning, it seems like a totally random April Fool's joke.

Three letters; WTF?!?!

I thought red mercury did exist. I saw a TV program many years ago about it. Apparently it's used to increase the efficiency of explosions so would be be really useful for terrorists. The program said lots of it was missing after the Eastern Block collapsed.

Its lying

that definitely isn't her, Gina Carano has a chin like that Katy what's her face off the kids programs

In that case who she???...
Blurb with pic...

We’ll work on the assumption that of all the ladies on this list, Gina Carano is the only one who can beat up her dad. … and everyone on the DB.com staff.

Father Glenn was a Cowboys QB back in the ’80’s. (He was also, less impressively, a USFL Pittsburgh Mauler, as pictured.)

Young Gina was an elementary-school kid around here before attending high school and college in Glenn’s old Nevada stomping grounds. And now, thanks to her muscular 5-9, 140-pound frame, it’s Gina who is doing the stomping.

And her latest victory is the No. 1 spot on DallasBasketball.com’s “15 Hottest Sporty Women Of Dallas. Of Ever.’’ I’m certain she – and her father – are so very proud.

(Care to debate? Submit your own nominees? Protest our sexism? Join the conversation at DallasBasketball.com Boards.)

219pm oct 25 2008

Back to Directory...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom