The Movies Thread

Motherless Brooklyn.
Classic American detective story set in 1950s New York.
Edward Norton/Willem Dafoe/Alec Baldwin are all great in this one.
One hell of a movie.
Netflix.

Greenland could have been pretty decent with its characters and acting. Too bad for the
over the top hollywood happy ending. I thought the whole point was the family to get together despite all their faults. And doesnt matter if they live or die. I thought after the family montage it goes straight to the credits.
Shame.

Rewatched Coming to America as I was thinking of watching Coming 2 America. That's not confusing at all. Anyway, Coming to America is quite funny at times, Eddie Murphy is very good in it, and Arsenio Hall is fine too, although they go a bit overboard with the extra characters that they also play. Seeing Eriq La Salle, who I only remember from ER, playing an absolute douchenozzle is very entertaining, and John Amos is a real scene stealer in the back half.

Having a go at Coming 2 America though, I don't think I will make it passed the first 20 minutes that I watched last night, as the film actually managed to be more inappropriate in those 20 minutes than the original is today. Also it was boring.

Warning: Multiple spoilers for Marvel films

I have to hand it to Marvel, they have done an outstanding job with their cinematic universe. Instead of thinning out, these movies have become better and better, apart from the occasional misstep perhaps. Infinity War is one of my all time favorite adventure movies, and Endgame was a really fitting end to the whole 23 or whatever it was film series. I was sort of ready for it to end there but that doesn't mean I won't gobble up whatever is teased in this trailer. Bring it on.

Saw Ad Astra, bit of a weird movie, not that great, There is a scene on the Moon near the beginning which is pretty awesome, but you can turn it off after that without missing too much.
It's not dreadful or anything, just a be meh.
Black Widow is alright, it's one of those Marvel flicks, nothing more. Around mid-tier in that massive catalogue.
Logan is one that I missed back in the day, it's quite good, and I bet it is even better when re-watched. Gives some hope for the upcoming Indy 5 from Mangold.

I edited this because I put my Money Heist post in the wrong thread. But since I am here, I recently watch the Hitchcock movie Notorious, which I hadn't seen in years, and it is fantastic. Ingrid Bergman is phenomenal in it, and even kind of acts Cary Grant under the table, but he comes around in the second half.

Last edited:
Watched Kate on Netflix and was not impressed. Pretty standard John Wick wannabe, I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead and she is believable as an action hero but the whole thing, although it looks good, is just so paper thin. You will know exactly where it is going about 5 minutes in.

Last edited:
Whatever you planned to watch tonight. Stop it. Watch The Guilty on Netflix. Subscribe only for this if you have to.
Movie of the year. Oscar for Jake Gyllenhaal!

Seen the Danish original "den skyldige" brilliant movie.
Think I'll see this one later on ,rarely a remake is better than the original ,but deffo watching it
I havent seen that one but just after watching the remake YT recommended the og! The og screenplay is amazing and i suspect is a one to one adaptation but i think for me it was Jake's acting that was out of this world. I hated, felt pitty, was rooting for and against and felt sorry for his character in that 90 minutes. The guy is an acting god.

I havent seen that one but just after watching the remake YT recommended the og! The og screenplay is amazing and i suspect is a one to one adaptation but i think for me it was Jake's acting that was out of this world. I hated, felt pitty, was rooting for and against and felt sorry for his character in that 90 minutes. The guy is an acting god.
Will absolutely watch it ,on my list.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Loved it, not as good the original but easily the 2nd best movie of the franchise.
Won't give anything away as most probably haven't seen it yet.. But definitely a case of if you loved the original you will enjoy it.
Except for the guy from Stranger Films, didn't do much and just has a weird expression on his face all movie.

Anyone watched Spiderman NWH already? I planned to watch the premier yesterday, but a tiny cold i caught, postponed my plans for next week, if i am lucky enough.

I resisted to go to Wikipedia and read the plot or any spoilers, but i was unlucky in YouTube, the very first suggested group of videos was major spoilers unfortunately. Now i am keeping myself also far from YouTube!!

I watched No Time to Die and I have to say they did a nice job. Manages to both tie up loose ends from the awful Spectre without it dragging down this final Daniel Craig outing. And speaking of DC, he finally seems to be enjoying himself here again. Quite impressed with it. Jolly good work, 007.

I tought it was the worst James Bond ever made.

It wasn't the worse Bond ever made, that title goes to Die Another Day.
Wasn't even the worse Daniel Craig Bond movie, that is Quantum of Solace.

No Time To Die was a very average movie, which I can't even remember much about the film now, which shows how memorable it was.
My only recollection of the movie was the villain was not given enough back story and was just there, therefore making the importance of what they were trying to save incredibly weak.
A movie is only as strong as the villain and if the villain is poor then the movie becomes unmemorable and that is what happened in this film.

Watched movie Need For Speed (2014) yesterday...What a nonsense .. What's up with this curse with Video Games based movies...They either end up to box office potato, or being successful in box office, but receive so critical negative reviews, that a sequel never comes.... :(

They even managed to screw Warcraft, having a lore with greatest potential in mainstream video games..

The list with bad video game movies , for various reasons,never ends:

Super Mario Bros
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Hitman
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed
Need For Speed
Warcraft
Resident Evil
Need For Speed

Much more i can't recall now...

+Uncharted: Haven't yet watched it, but i spot also negative reviews..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom