The Movies Thread

Just watched Bean! It is SHIT!!! Avoid it, the first movie and TV show is much better!

i took my boy to watch the turtles on wednesday - much, much better than i had expected. the animation is outstanding.

storyline was a tiny bit confusing tho! even for me!! and he's only just turned 4!

why did you watch it?! What did you think it'll be like? :D

Why I watched it? Because I am going to see 300 later at IMAX, so we were at our local and so we just chose that, TMNT didn't look that appealing. What I thought it would be like? A laff! It was anything but, we thought it would be funny like the first Benie film.

Mmm.. propably wait for DVD rental, doesn't look that appealing. Is it better than the first film?

Really? that's pretty interesting. What was the essay for? The movie in general or something specific? I got the DVD set with tonnes of extra features, interviews with di Niro and Scorcese etc, really interesting stuff, like the guy who done the music for it died the same day they finished shooting, how harvey Keitel cast himself, how Jodie Fosters character was based on a real whore who also appears in it. really cool stuff. "You talkin to me????"

The question we had to answer for the essay was, '[FONT=&quot]How does one of the films listed reflect stylistic and industrial changes that occurred in Hollywood from the mid-sixties through to the late seventies?'[/FONT]

You had a variety of films to choose from, namely The Godfather, Harold and Maude etc. I chose Taxi Driver anyhow, glad I did. I achieved the highest mark for the essay.

i took my boy to watch the turtles on wednesday - much, much better than i had expected. the animation is outstanding.

storyline was a tiny bit confusing tho! even for me!! and he's only just turned 4!

my nephew has been mithering to go see that, he's only 4, I'll take him if its half decent...

Venomds3.png

venom in spiderman 3
i think it looks horrible. basically looks like black spiderman with different face... =/

Thats what I said.His mouth should have been CGI-ed and they should have a bigger sized guy to play him.Venom is significantly bigger than Spidey in the comics!!

Spiderman 3 won't be showing at IMAX in UK. They did not manage to get the prints for it (limited amounts, propably all hogged in USA).

But they are working on negotiations for Harry Potter Order of the FeeNix which will be in 3D!

Spider-Man 3 is amazing !

I didn't like the 2nd film but this one is pure fun and great to watch. I love every second, even the look of Venom is nice.
All the scenes are also important, Peter doing shopping = priceless !
It's going to be very hard to do better in a 4th movie.
I have to see it again during the week-end :).

I just watched Spidey 3 too.I think it has a great storyline but is a bit draggy at times.Too much talking but I guess its necessary to make the trilogy complete.The storyline was catered to end everything in this third installment.I guess Spidey 4 will be totally reinvented even..

I still wont take back my words on Venom.He is supposed to be bigger and more muscular.The mouth is CGI-ed infact and his snarl is crazy.He should have more screen time considering the fact that the "Spidey + Symbiote + Venom + Carnage" stories in the comics is huge.

Mixed reactions for this one for me but overall a good way to end the trilogy.

Awful. Spiderman 3 was awful. It was rushed, acting was poor, and script was ridiculous. 1 and 2 were solid super hero movies. This was just a comical rushed movie. Spiderman has suddenly become everybody's friend and showboats now ..... ok.

Yeah thats what I've been hearing on the rumour mill. I was told it only took $12 million in its opening weekend, so they plan to split the film and release them seperately so they will make more money.

Though the reason it made so little apparently is cause it was released on easter weekend. It being an R rated film meant all the teenagers and kids went to see all the other easter flicks

OMFG its official. They split them.

reports that "Death Proof" will be released on September 21st, and while there's no date for "Planet Terror" as yet - a late October release seems in the cards. No word as yet as to whether either film will be extended versions.

Looks like the new Rambo is going for the realistic violence approach.

This one definitely ain't for the kiddies.

Back
Top Bottom