The Movies Thread

Taxi Driver is immense. Just had to do an essay on it so watched it a few times

Really? that's pretty interesting. What was the essay for? The movie in general or something specific? I got the DVD set with tonnes of extra features, interviews with di Niro and Scorcese etc, really interesting stuff, like the guy who done the music for it died the same day they finished shooting, how harvey Keitel cast himself, how Jodie Fosters character was based on a real whore who also appears in it. really cool stuff. "You talkin to me????"

Just watched Pan's Labyrinth. Beautiful movie - absolutely loved it. Beautiful imagery and quite gruesome and explicit. But the story was intriguing and very imaginative.

Pan's Labyrinth is excellent....some parts were super violent though - first time I had to turn away from a film(!)

Orange Wednesday'd Hot Fuzz earlier....a fantastic fantastic movie imo. Was well loving it throughout - although I gotta say I preferred Shawn of the Dead (by a bit).

Orange Wednesday'd Hot Fuzz earlier....a fantastic fantastic movie imo. Was well loving it throughout - although I gotta say I preferred Shawn of the Dead (by a bit).

I am gonna go see Hot Fuzz at the weekend, really looking forward to it

I've been to Blood Diamonds this weekend, and I loved it. A movie about child soldiers in Sierra Leone and diamond smuggling. I recommend it to anyone who likes action movies with a good story.

Hot Fuzz was a great watch. Funny shit. :lol:

Watched Ghost Rider recently as well. Not a film I was planning on seeing, but I did, and it was enjoyable enough. Story isn't much cop, but the visual spectacle was quite good. What you would expect from a fantasy action romp really.

300 is fcuking excellent.It was tense throughout the whole show.Its a sad story infact.The 300 who went first was a cause of unnecessary action.It could have been more diplomatic and strategic but hey,its the Spartans we are talking about here.You flick their nose and they kill you.Unbelivable scenes to say the least.

some venom pics from the upcoming spiderman 3 movie.
venom01jj5.jpg

venom02mf4.jpg

venom03zd8.jpg

venom04po0.jpg

venom05ot3.jpg

venom08pn1.jpg

venom09le5.jpg

spiderman315mg7.jpg

They should have taken a much bigger-sized guy than this 70's Show fella to play Venom.In the comics,Venom is relatively larger than Spidey.The mouth should have been CGI-ed too....

Last edited:
300 looks like a fantastic visual spectacle. I'll hopefully get the chance to see it... FOR SPARTA!!!

You going to the one near Enbankment right? I was planning to go there as well with the lads, should be good.

Its right outside Waterloo station. Worth going to. The screen is the biggest in England, and its crystal clear. The sound is also very good.

Loved the movie. Loved how Leonidas yelled at every opportunity he had.

FOR SPARTAAAAAA

Cool, yeah I am planning to go, never been to one (IMAX) in UKay before, should be good.

Anyway, I just watched Lost in Translation, and the ending is like :shock: :shock:

Shit i'm Really Sorry About You Guys that Say : "300 Is fantastic !!!" :D
Really ? U Guys Love Big Lies ? To see Big Lies ?!
Warner Bros Wanna Change the Actual History ... It's Never True ...

Persian People Was brave and also Smart ... If not they never Could have made Persepolis and etc ... Old Persia was the First Country That pur Democracy in It's Country ...
Btw , Don't Believe Those Lies , In Petitiononline there were 59000 Petitions Through this Lie ...

PERSIA IS OUR HONOR ....

They never changed history. The original comic never portrayed it as a historical film, its all fictionized. Its meant to be entertainment!

It's a shame IMAX don't do Orange Wednesdays :( (or do they?)

Watching it in Rich Mix later tonight :D

It's gonna be an excellent year for films and games!:

300, Spiderman 3, Transformers, TMNT(!?), Grindhouse, Pirates of the Carribean, Simpsons Movie, Fantastic Four 2, Harry Potter (puke), Bourne Ultimatum(!!!!) and Shrek 3

EDIT: and the final Die Hard too ;)

Last edited:
Came back a while ago from watching 300...

Some parts of the cinematography was brilliant - definitely a big step in style. My mouth was wide open during some of the fight scenes - perhaps the best I've seen in a long long time. But the storyline was a huge letdown - not a touch on Gladiator (the obvious movie to compare to).

But I guess most will watch it as an experience - for that, I can't fault it.

It's a shame IMAX don't do Orange Wednesdays :( (or do they?)

Watching it in Rich Mix later tonight :D

It's gonna be an excellent year for films and games!:

300, Spiderman 3, Transformers, TMNT(!?), Grindhouse, Pirates of the Carribean, Simpsons Movie, Fantastic Four 2, Harry Potter (puke), Bourne Ultimatum(!!!!) and Shrek 3

EDIT: and the final Die Hard too ;)

Don't be soo cheap :lol:

Yeah tons of films coming out this year! Fantastic4.2 better be good, the first one was crap... apart from Alba.
We all know that you want to watch Harry Potter :lol:

Back
Top Bottom