The Mobile Phone thread

Re: Best mobile phone out there

Well the iPhone arrived today. I'm posting on it now actually! The touch screen is simply brilliant as is the touch keyboard, which I adjusted too ALOT quicker than I thought I would. Can't think of too many bad points at the minute, I'm sure they'll come with time!

How responsive is it? From button presses to navigating the menus.

Very very responsive. The only thing that isn't so responsive is the home button, but I think that's intentional so you don't keep hitting it by mistake
This possibly means the one I played with in the O2 shop either had an EARLIER firmware version or the screen had worn out with all them little kids going "wow! Iphone" and beating the shit out of the screen!

MSN Messenger I/he meant?

And why don't you use the Mail app, its bloody amazing! I can just walk down a street, it looks for a open Wi-Fi and jsut updates my emails!

And why don't you use the Mail app, its bloody amazing! I can just walk down a street, it looks for a open Wi-Fi and jsut updates my emails!

yeh the messenger, meebo seems reasonable enough to settle the messenger needs but ofcourse it would've been better if we could install the actual messengers and such :D

Last edited:

Yeah you can access / use MSN Messenger via the Windows Live site.

And you directing that Mail app question at me? I do, I love the Mail app. Best email functionality I've ever seen on a mobile phone

Yeah, at you :p

Are you using GMail or Hotmail? Because GMail uses IMAP, and its amazing!

I still hold my Nokia N70Music edition, great phone!!! But i think some new SE will be my next! Like the k850i, i will wait, these new mutimedia toys like i phone or palmphone are not what i am searching for!

Ive got my N95 8gb recently and its by far the best phone ive had to date. Whether surfing the net, using messenger, google maps, Gmail etc it really does to the biz.
Brothers got the i-phone and although net surfing wise id prefer it to the N95 theres not whole lot more thats better than the n95.

Well my Orange contract is ending soon and I'm looking for the best deal for minutes. I still have my Samsung D900 that I'm willing to still use.

I looked at the O2 Simplicity deal which seems quite good for the price, does anyone know if its worth it? Its £25 for something like 600 minutes.

Any options would be great!

O2 Simplicity looks great IMHO!

How do you feel about cashback deals though?

My O2 contract ends soon too. I refuse to pay £280 for a phone so the iPhone is out (plus the camera spec is pretty poor).

It looks like I'm down to the N95 or the LG Viewty (which seems to be better than the iPhone in a few ways, particularly with a 5 megapixel camera).

I'm going to look around and see what I can get and try to get a deal where the phone is free on a 12-month contract.

Ive just bought the N95gb, hopefully be here tomorrow

dags thats the reason i didnt get the iphone, the low spec camera

My O2 contract ends soon too. I refuse to pay £280 for a phone so the iPhone is out (plus the camera spec is pretty poor).

It looks like I'm down to the N95 or the LG Viewty (which seems to be better than the iPhone in a few ways, particularly with a 5 megapixel camera).

I'm going to look around and see what I can get and try to get a deal where the phone is free on a 12-month contract.

Why not get an iPhone off eBay? Or buy the iPhone for £279 and unlock it for youself.

And with O2, just tell them you don't want a phone and watch the line rental fall. Or move to the simplicty plans and get the data add-on :)

The iPhone is really cool, its touch screen is like no other in terms of repsonse.

Like I say, I've got no intentions of paying a fortune for a mobile phone. I can get an N95 for free anyway so I don't see how an iPhone can be worth hundreds of pounds more.

I've seen the N95 8Gb on Vodafone where I get the phone for free, I'm going to call O2 tomorrow and ask about cancelling my contract with them to go to Vodafone. In all likeliness they'll try to get me to stay with them by offering me stuff, I'll say I want a deal where I get the 8Gb for free and if they can't give me that, then I'm off ;)

Interestingly on the O2 website, on the Great Deals section, there's an offer that says a tariff for £35 a month and the phone is free, but when you click to view package, it says the phone is £99. People have been phoning O2 who are saying it's a mistake and it's only free on that tariff on a 24-month deal. So people have argued and asked to be put through to retentions, argued with them and said they can get the phone for free from Vodafone and they want their PAC code to leave, to which the O2 operator disappears for a minute and comes back to say they'll give you the phone for free ;) I'm going to call up tomorrow and ask when my contract ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

dynatac%20(Custom).jpg

I got the really annoying Samsung that phones people when it's in your pocket. I had it for free with work so shouldn't really complain.

Back
Top Bottom