The Master League adventures thread

Hi all, new poster on here and loving master league so far this year.

Quick question: in past years there was a team status/overview page detailing owner trust, overall team stats and a highlighting a few of the key players/captain etc. Does something like that exist in this years version? Not sure I can find it if so.

Cheers!
No, it does not exist.

I'm just about to finish my second January transfer window (promoted with Luton in my first season) and the first instance of me truly suffering for playing on the hardest transfer mode. My best player was an 84 OVR RWF (I play as a RAMF) who had bad mental stats (only a 3 for consistency) but excellent pace, dribbling and shooting, plus a LF for balance (I play 2 AMFs). I got him on a free for high wages end of the first season. He was currently worth £35m and had a release of £73m but would not sign any contract that increased this. Someone poached him for his release fee.
The best AMFs I can find to replace him are either a couple of aging (32+) 80 OVR players that lack the pace I desire in that position (mainly acceleration) or young players that are around 70-75 OVR and not better than my two current 'backups'. I suspect this will cost me.

I have a 21 year old DM at OVR 84 as well and he won't up his release clause either, at least I have a 25 yr old backup whose 80OVR (although less physical than I'd like) and some decent youth cover for this position. I think the second half of our first PL campaign is going to be tough!

Hello all, new to the forum. Been lurking for bit and good to see so many ML stories on the go!

Started a ML with Celtic moved to the EFL Champ, default players, top player. First 10 games were a nightmare, must have only won 2 haha. Managed to get a few more wins and push TS up to 80 and push on to win the league in the end.

New season picked up some decent free agents and youth team had a 75 and some 73 rated. TS still in the 70s so not too bad. Lost first game then won a few in a row after by playing long ball counter. Got a crazy idea to up difficulty to superstar, and currently sitting 12th after 21 games. 7w 7d 7L

As posted before, some games u got no chance to win, and seems like the AI just have laser shooting, but if you can be clinical and keep the ball the well some games can get interesting!

Summer Transfer Business done.

Let Chester, Lansbury, Kodjia, Taylor all go for around a combined total of £15mill.

Elmohammady retired, so I didn't have a proper back-up for either full back position.

Scouted around, like the look of Jorge AT Santos but they wanted £50mill!!

Found a Belgium chap called Castagne. He can play almost anywhere and on either side, so he came in for £19mill. Training him to be a defensive fullback cos' his ball winning is awful. He's naturally a left sided midfielder but most of his time will be spent coming off the bench.

Up top, Wesley is growing into a beast. My only real back-up is Keinan Davis, who I like cos he's so strong. Went to Anderlecht and managed to get Dimata for a snip, £12mill and he has pace to burn. Great 2nd option and could also do a job wide right.

The Zaha rumours were true but Palace wouldn't play ball. An offer of £58mill wasn't enough and I'm not paying over that for a 28 year old, though he is a joy to use on this game.

We are well stocked in Midfield. Nakamba, Luiz, Grealish, McGinn, El-Ghazi, Foden, Trezeguet but I play 5 in the middle.

News reached me that there was some dressing room unrest at AC Milan. Calhanoglu wanted out and Milan wanted shot. Could we possibly pull this off? Damn right we could and at a bargain price of £13.5mill. They've been had at that price, we've signed a world class player and I can't wait to see him in a Villa shirt.

So, all set for season 2. The squad looks strong. Only concern is the GK position. Heaton is knocking on a bit and my back ups ain't great but I think he can do one more season before I need to worry too much.

Load of young lads been sent out on loan again, Doyle-Hayes and O'Hare are kept on the 1st team squad though with the aim to give them some Cup footy this season and see how they develop.

Board want top 6, think the owner is on some form of drugs, but I can't see us in a relegation battle again. Top 10 is the aim and a decent Cup run!
Loved that Calhanoglu part!! Where did you get those news though?
The whole scenario sounds awesome.

So I started another ML, this time with Manchester United.. I wanted a good team after the struggle with Genoa. More like a test, even to see the difference in taking a kind of team and another, no idea if I'll stick to it tho.

However, I was searching for a big forward and an offensive midfielder.. I bought Mandzukic, which gladly accepted my project, and tried an offer for Pereiro of PSV, pretty sure I was gonna sign him too.. just to have him respond to me he's afraid he wouldn't play much and so he refused.. that's pretty fucking nice, had no idea you could also receive this kind of answer.

Anyway, now I'm tempted to buy free agent Robben instead :P .

And the story goes on. The miracle of Las Palmas continues! :D

10 matches in LaLiga, 6 wins, 4 draws. We are at 6th in the league, close to Real.

And what a match I just had. My highest win in PES2020 history, a 1:4 win at Eibar!!
Got the trophy for scoring goal nr. 100! And who other than Drole could score that historical goal?! I’m so happy for him.
And it gets better. He had a very special day and scored 3!! A Hattrick!! Also my first in PES2020 history. So a got another trophy. :)
“Shooting” Star, Ruben Castro, scored the 4th with a nice tap in (nutmeging the keeper) when the defense wasn’t alert!
Eibar was trying to come back when they scored the 1:2 goal to catch up. I could prevent them from scoring more when they really attacked hard on red one (scripting like ;) ) !
A very happy manager here. And what a game to remember, for me and the club!!
:APPLAUD:

The next match was against Sevilla wich ended 1:1. Fair result for the chances!

Anyway... the following match was a big one. First time in LaLiga I had to face one of the giants, Athletico Madrid.
Going up straight red one, you could instantly feel how much better they were. Passing game was on another level. I went defensive blue one. Let’s see if I can set up some quick counter... I couldn’t. Defensively they were on another level as well.
So it was only a matter of time till they hit the net. I was lucky they missed some good chances but got the lead after 25 minutes.
I was ready to take my first defeat. Madrid was attacking constantly but got down to regular level. I took the chance and went offensive red one around minute 60.
My team was higher up the pitch waiting patiently for the ball. Cutting passing lanes, marking recipients. After a mistake, we’re the keeper hit the back of one of their CB’s, the ball went out for a corner.
Jonathan Viera curls it in for Raphinha to head it in, short angle. :APPLAUD:
To my surprise the team was able to take that 1:1 draw back home. Going blue one and being calm and patient were key once more.
The fans were happy, singing songs on their way back home about the team and the man of the match.

:EASY:...“Raphinha - eres nuestro dios del futbol”... :RSCARF:

The next match was against Sevilla wich ended 1:1. Fair result for the chances!

Anyway... the following match was a big one. First time in LaLiga I had to face one of the giants, Athletico Madrid.
Going up straight red one, you could instantly feel how much better they were. Passing game was on another level. I went defensive blue one. Let’s see if I can set up some quick counter... I couldn’t. Defensively they were on another level as well.
So it was only a matter of time till they hit the net. I was lucky they missed some good chances but got the lead after 25 minutes.
I was ready to take my first defeat. Madrid was attacking constantly but got down to regular level. I took the chance and went offensive red one around minute 60.
My team was higher up the pitch waiting patiently for the ball. Cutting passing lanes, marking recipients. After a mistake, we’re the keeper hit the back of one of their CB’s, the ball went out for a corner.
Jonathan Viera curls it in for Raphinha to head it in, short angle. :APPLAUD:
To my surprise the team was able to take that 1:1 draw back home. Going blue one and being calm and patient were key once more.
The fans were happy, singing songs on their way back home about the team and the man of the match.

:EASY:...“Raphinha - eres nuestro dios del futbol”... :RSCARF:
Do you mean this Raphinha?
https://www.pesmaster.com/raphinha/pes-2020/player/110644/

Yes, that one!!

In 2020, i have to admit, I’m so deep in ML like I’ve never been. Man, im into stats and comparing like crazy. As bare bone and old the whole menus and systems are, I’m currently having fun with it.
Never in my life I looked at players and comparing them, building my squad, in such detail. Im really trying to get the most out of TS and and all that other “micro management” features involved in ML. :)
Could it all be more detailed and deeper and better flowing/working overall? Yes. Does the mode need revamping or really hard polishing? Yes. Am I enjoying what i have at my hands? Hell yes! :D

Edit: I learned a lot about ML management reading your guys comments here. Thanks for that!!

Last edited:
Yes, that one!!

In 2020, i have to admit, I’m so deep in ML like I’ve never been. Man, im into stats and comparing like crazy. As bare bone and old the whole menus and systems are, I’m currently having fun with it.
Never in my life I looked at players and comparing them, building my squad, in such detail. Im really trying to get the most out of TS and and all that other “micro management” features involved in ML. :)
Could it all be more detailed and deeper and better flowing/working overall? Yes. Does the mode need revamping or really hard polishing? Yes. Am I enjoying what i have at my hands? Hell yes! :D

Edit: I learned a lot about ML management reading your guys comments here. Thanks for that!!
You broke your house-rules dude!!! Raphinha does not have a scanned face!! ;) Despite this he is really decent. I used him in my last save as a winger-SS.*

*Winger-SS is a by-pass of me since PES 5. Since even a profilic winger, tends to cut inside too slow, when i am attacking with the ball from the opposite wing, i avoid to use WFs but i use two SS, in the same position as the WFs (LWF+RWF) and with Hole Player playstyle mainly, and sometimes with Goalpoacher or Creative Playmaker. The good effect is that when i am on attack form one flank, the opposite SS cuts inside instantly. The bad effect is that he does not covering the overlapping SB and generally he does not make swaps with SBs and SMFs. But i feel that the WF position limits me to use specific player and only with Profilic or Roaming Flank playing styles.

Last edited:
You broke your house-rules dude!!! Raphinha does not have a scanned face!! ;) Despite this he is really decent. I used him in my last save as a winger-SS.*

*Winger-SS is a by-pass of me since PES 5. Since even a profilic winger, tends to cut inside too slow, when i am attacking with the ball from the opposite wing, i avoid to use WFs but i use two SS, in the same position as the WFs (LWF+RWF) and with Hole Player playstyle mainly, and sometimes with Goalpoacher or Creative Playmaker. The good effect is that when i am on attack form one flank, the opposite SS cuts inside instantly. The bad effect is that he does not covering the overlapping SB and generally he does not make swaps with SBs and SMFs. But i feel that the WF position limits me to use specific player and only with Profilic or Roaming Flank playing styles.
:LOL: True!
When he arrived, he came with one leg only. But I took care of all that “face off” style!! ;)

:LOL: True!
When he arrived, he came with one leg only. But I took care of all that “face off” style!! ;)
Yeah , i fixed him too with basecopy, don't remember which player i used, cause his last year suggestion does not exist in pes2020 unfortunately.
In my curernt save, as i changed 2-3 saves since the last time i reported, i am with Blookrows in my PEU liga, modified a little bit to 20 teams and with more Greek-Cyprus clubs. I finished 1st, on Top Player. It is my first domestic League title since PES 2017. Two save ago i also won a Europa League title, again on Top Player. In my previous save i had Paris FC, won 1st position and promotion in Ligue 2 and in my 3rd season on League 1, i was 1st and possibly i would win the title if i kept going on that save.

But i didn't mention them, cause i am in a dilemma now, Top Player seems ok-ish and more bearable for me , i can win most teams and when the CPU puts difficulty to me, it is only a tight defense 9 of 10 times, and every 1/10 maybe a random defeat of 0-3 or 0-4 out of nowhere.
My problem is i am not convinced about Superstar difficulty, if it is a realistic viable option for many seasons, or it is just every game is a survival deathmatch.

So i am wondering from time to time, if i deserve the good momentum from my teams progress , or i became too good and i am abusing the Top Player AI.
I would not have any problem on TOP-PLAYER, if it had the Superstar attacking mentality and was not most of times just a solid defense wall.

Yeah , i fixed him too with basecopy, don't remember which player i used, cause his last year suggestion does not exist in pes2020 unfortunately.
In my curernt save, as i changed 2-3 saves since the last time i reported, i am with Blookrows in my PEU liga, modified a little bit to 20 teams and with more Greek-Cyprus clubs. I finished 1st, on Top Player. It is my first domestic League title since PES 2017. Two save ago i also won a Europa League title, again on Top Player. In my previous save i had Paris FC, won 1st position and promotion in Ligue 2 and in my 3rd season on League 1, i was 1st and possibly i would win the title if i kept going on that save.

But i didn't mention them, cause i am in a dilemma now, Top Player seems ok-ish and more bearable for me , i can win most teams and when the CPU puts difficulty to me, it is only a tight defense 9 of 10 times, and every 1/10 maybe a random defeat of 0-3 or 0-4 out of nowhere.
My problem is i am not convinced about Superstar difficulty, if it is a realistic viable option for many seasons, or it is just every game is a survival deathmatch.

So i am wondering from time to time, if i deserve the good momentum from my teams progress , or i became too good and i am abusing the Top Player AI.
I would not have any problem on TOP-PLAYER, if it had the Superstar attacking mentality and was not most of times just a solid defense wall.
Hm... in my current ML save he looks better than in the video you posted, afair. Will have a look later...

Btw: Just played Boca vs. River. Great match! No advanced settings. As @hitmanuk described lately, I had so many fouls as well. Could be the teams, could be the stadium, I don’t know.
If this is a hard coded derby it ain’t suffering from all the hacking and blind refs as I noticed in others derbies. Hm...

Hm... in my current ML save he looks better than in the video you posted, afair. Will have a look later...

Btw: Just played Boca vs. River. Great match! No advanced settings. As @hitmanuk described lately, I had so many fouls as well. Could be the teams, could be the stadium, I don’t know.
If this is a hard coded derby it ain’t suffering from all the hacking and blind refs as I noticed in others derbies. Hm...

I started work very early today and so just finished and played a game. It's only 1 game, but I got a penalty from two players making a rash standing challenge against me in the box...could be pure luck, but might be promising. I'm very cautiously optimistic :PRAY:

I started work very early today and so just finished and played a game. It's only 1 game, but I got a penalty from two players making a rash standing challenge against me in the box...could be pure luck, but might be promising. I'm very cautiously optimistic :PRAY:
What teams, what stadium, what difficulty and what conditions?! Please. :)

I’ll give tonight to some testing. SA stadiums with european teams. Let’s see what the foul count does...

Just one from my latest random ML. I was 7th last season in PL and playing Chelsea (who were 4th I believe). The stadium was the tiny one assigned to Luton in the OF I'm using (I'd have to find the name). TP. I usually only get 2-3 penalties in an entire season and this is early in the season.

Forgot to mention, additionally to my League win, i got invited in the ol' bloody ICC, as a true champion this time!!!! :) :) Hence the pes2019 invitations to ICC for winning the Ligue 2!!!!!

P.S.: I had completely forgotten this tournament, since last year's mandatory participations!!!! :P :P

In my game he is like this. I copied Everton's Richarlison . Not accurate but better than nothing. If you have a better suggestion, i would welcome to listen to it.
P.S.: In some images they look similar, if you can override the hairstyle.
411295-1548508800.jpg

Attachments

• 1573887973533-1554570539.jpg
    1573887973533-1554570539.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi Everyone/ First year PES player here and have been quietly following this thread. Sound like ML is a lot of fun!

I’m going to start a ML soon with PES Universe DP3. I’m trying to learn how to play the game and all the little nuances about the game through this forum.

Anyhow, I live in the US and not very familiar with soccer clubs. I’m planning to start with a team from La Liga 1 since PES Universe has added Klashmans tactics to the entire league.

Two questions:
1.Any suggestions for a fun tier 2 La Liga team? I don’t want to play with a top team, but I don’t want to play with a bottom dweller either.

2.Any suggestions for ideal ML settings when I’m going through fun my setup?

Thanks for any tips and advice!

Hi Everyone/ First year PES player here and have been quietly following this thread. Sound like ML is a lot of fun!

I’m going to start a ML soon with PES Universe DP3. I’m trying to learn how to play the game and all the little nuances about the game through this forum.

Anyhow, I live in the US and not very familiar with soccer clubs. I’m planning to start with a team from La Liga 1 since PES Universe has added Klashmans tactics to the entire league.

Two questions:
1.Any suggestions for a fun tier 2 La Liga team? I don’t want to play with a top team, but I don’t want to play with a bottom dweller either.

Two questions:

Do you mean, you want a second tier team but from La Liga 1 right? I mean the Spanish primera. Not from La Liga 2 , the spanish segunda division? Am i right?

Two questions:

From Division 2 id go with Rayo. Really cool kits, and used to be a very decent club. Rayo or Deportivo would be my choice. I like to bring the clubs back to glory.

If we are talking about first division - Betis, Villarreal, or Mallorca would be my picks.
Mallorca just got promoted last season so it would be a matter or surviving in Division 1. Other two are average, but fun clubs to play.

From Division 2 id go with Rayo. Really cool kits, and used to be a very decent club. Rayo or Deportivo would be my choice. I like to bring the clubs back to glory.

If we are talking about first division - Betis, Villarreal, or Mallorca would be my picks.
Mallorca just got promoted last season so it would be a matter or surviving in Division 1. Other two are average, but fun clubs to play.

First off, thank you for the prompt replies. I meant second tier in the first division.
Thanks!

Ιf we talk about OPR tiers. First tier is Real, Barca, Atletico Madrid (maybe) , second tier are the likes of Bilbao, Valencia, Villareal, Betis. In PES terms always.

Just got to January in season 2 with Villa.

And it's going better than last. Currently sat 11th, but I've just had games against Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and lost all of them, so dropped out the top 10.

The top 4 or 5 are about 8 points clear of the chasing pack. I'm in a little group of about 6 teams and I reckon 7th is the best I can hope for. Least it won't be a last day relegation scramble with my nerves wrecked!!

Player wise, Calhanoglu has been a bit dissapointing. Scored 1 quality free kick but other than that, I'm finding it hard to fit him into my system and he seems a bit lightweight. I might listen to offers for him during the transfer window, sometimes players just don't fit in.

Wesley is becoming a total beast. 83 rated, scoring goals and vital to the team. Grealish is also up to 81 rated and is superb.

Looking to bring in a long term replacement for Heaton in January but I checked the budget and we are losing about £100,000 per week (because of player bonuses). I've got £80-odd mill in the transfer funds but I'm finding teams are wanting crazy money (unless your scout has found them but then it's like cheating). I've gotta be careful cos I got a about 10 players where it says 'offer contract now before they have excessive demands'.

Still enjoying every game, it's been superb.

Back
Top Bottom