The Master League adventures thread

@slamsoze here is my file: https://mega.nz/#F!LuhFkbxL!zKOE4zk-STJvqc1beuyfGQ

but I highly doubt it will work, because all the save files for PS4 are tied to specific profiles, as far as I know. But maybe it can prove useful in research... do you happen to know of a way to open this file on a computer and look at its insides?
Don't know mate. I only once tried to modify some .ted PS4 files on PC, but i failed. IIRC a tool is needed to decrypt and convert from PS4->PC, modify, reconvert, re-encrypt, etc... But i don't think it can work with system files..

This bloody game 😂

Started a ML a week ago as Forest. Top Player, advanced shooting, absolute dog fest. Got to Xmas and couldn't hack the save any longer, no goals in any games, it was boring me to death.

Replaced Pleasure Horn with Esperance Tunis and started as the team I support, Villa. Back to Superstar, basic shooting.

Have had a cracking afternoon on it. Team Spirit is a huge pain in the ass but I figured, being Villa, I wouldn't go straight out and replace half the squad. I like the players we have, so no need to tinker.

Let a load of young lads go out on loan and only looking to bring in a back up Left back as Neil Taylor is anti-football personified.

Anyway, I've not made a single signing, playing a variant of 4-5-1, Grealish playing as an unorthodox inside forward.

Started the campaign with a 0-0 at home v Burnley. Dominated bit couldn't break them down. Results have followed as such...

Chelsea 2-0 Villa
Villa 0-1 Liverpool
Palace 4-2 Villa
Villa 0-2 Man City
West Ham 1-0 Villa
Brighton 2-0 Villa (Cup)
Villa 0-0 Norwich
Everton 0-0 Villa
Villa 1-0 Leicester
Watford 2-1 Villa
Villa 2-2 Bournemouth
Sheff Utd 0-1 Villa

Been a bloody struggle but team is starting to click. I wasn't scoring, as you can see, but Wesley has finally started to find the net, he got a 93rd min equalizer v Bournemouth, lept off the sofa for that. Then the last game v Sheff Utd, who are bottom, in the rain, ball comes out to Douglas Luiz, 30 yards out, wham, swerved into the top corner, off the sofa again.

I'm sticking this one out, every game has been different, I've held my own against better teams and other than the Palace game - I was 4-0 down but got 2 late goals - I've lost or not won due to my own errors.

Southampton at home next, I'm currently lying 15th but can feel the tide turning. Big Wes is scoring, Mings and Engels superb at the back and Grealish (who that tit commentator keeps linking to a transfer) is beginning to pull the strings.

Survival this season, then I'm blowing my £126mill budget and going for glory 😂😂

Does anyone know how to edit which teams are in the cup competitions when you start your first season?

E.g Arsenal start off in qualifying round of the Champions League when they should be in the Europa.

Does anyone know how to edit which teams are in the cup competitions when you start your first season?

E.g Arsenal start off in qualifying round of the Champions League when they should be in the Europa.
It is not possible on consoles.

I don't know if it's possible in the in-game editor. But if you're on PC, you can certainly do it with the below editor.

1573125107228.png

https://ejogc327.blogspot.com/search/label/PES2020Editor
This editor (which is PS4 compatible) might add the option later.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2020-ted-editor-by-smccutcheon-new-release-25-10-19.80590/
Having said all that, I've not edited this in my .BIN files and mine shows Arsenal in the Europa League. So either this is a bug, or your game isn't up to date/is using an old EDIT000000 file possibly.

I don't know if it's possible in the in-game editor. But if you're on PC, you can certainly do it with the below editor.

View attachment 24434

https://ejogc327.blogspot.com/search/label/PES2020Editor
This editor (which is PS4 compatible) might add the option later.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2020-ted-editor-by-smccutcheon-new-release-25-10-19.80590/
Having said all that, I've not edited this in my .BIN files and mine shows Arsenal in the Europa League. So either this is a bug, or your game isn't up to date/is using an old EDIT000000 file possibly.

Thanks for that, I'm using Evo patch 2.0 on PC, i would have assumed that is up to date?

Really appreciate all your help guys!

Oh man, what a ML.. now it's truly catching fire.. long post below..

It's a damn emotional rollercoaster, I've been near the most extreme tilt only to find absolute apotheosis moments later :LOL:

In the past days I won against Lazio, despite being dominated most of the time, with this nice counter attack (which illustrates how important is Kouame to me, I think):

Then, another nice match against Juventus, drawing 0-0, completely parking the bus.

Then Parma at home, and that's where troubles begun..

I scored with this funny own goal:

Only to relax too much.. and ending up losing 1-4..

After the real life EL disappointement of this evening, I decided to unwind a bit on Pes.. yeah, the tought is already fun enough on itself.. however I lost 3-0 against Atalanta, in a doomed game where on the 2-0 for them I hit the post and failed an open goal among the others, and then a terrible 0-1 against Spal.. after a match which truly played real life like (tactical masterpiece thanks to the usual Klashman work), maybe the best game so far in this regard, with Spal which really drove me crazy in the sides, in the 92th minute they scored after I failed an opportunity myself..

At this point I was already pretty tilted, but I decided to go into Bologna - Genoa anyway..

Since I've really lost a lot of ground and I'm now in the third relegation spot, I just wanted the damn point, so I started by parking the bus as I usually do against big teams.
In a pretty one sided match, with them attacking without much precision and me defending, my left sider Barreca gets sliding tackled two times and injured, and the guy only take a single yellow card.. only for my Romero to be sent away in the beginning of the second half for two standing tackles..

I was defending pretty well anyway, leaving only Kouame as a false 9 in attack, just to see the typical scripted goal where my defense is nowhere to be seen.. or maybe I'm just bad, I don't know.. anyway, 1-0 for them with like 20 simulated minutes to go or something.. at this point I'm devastated and I'm seriously thinking why I've even launched this game to unwind from an already bad enough football related moment :LOL:..

And then, this happens, in the final minutes.. Dani Alves to a dead tired Sturaro who, with his final energies, wrestled the ball away from Bologna's defender.. and, well..

..the desperation of Bologna's players is the right counterpart to the joy this tap in gave me :D .. simply fantastic..

Anyway, I'm 4 points from the first safe spot, now it's january and i think I'll gonna need reinforces, especially a guy on the left side since I have only Barreca. So hooked by now!

Thanks for that, I'm using Evo patch 2.0 on PC, i would have assumed that is up to date?

Really appreciate all your help guys!

I wouldn't know for this patch I'm afraid. I won't be using it until the editor I use to export and import data can do so from EDIT000000 files (As I want to play with randomised player stats).

I would ask the patch makers where Arsenal is placed in competitions and if the say it is in Europa, then I would guess the patch isn't installed correctly.

Hey I have a question.

Has anyone started a ml with the details.

I have another save with the normal players and because of the budget being so low on normal I started a new one with large.

I started one with the default player's with a large budget. It was 120 m and 70000 wages.

My worry is that when I get promoted that I won't have enough money to pay for the wages and also the transfer fees. Because even on Large you don't really get that much money every season. Can anyone tell me if they have played with the default player's and how the money situation is.? I don't want to play a few seasons and realize I'll have no money.

Hey I have a question.

Has anyone started a ml with the details.

I have another save with the normal players and because of the budget being so low on normal I started a new one with large.

I started one with the default player's with a large budget. It was 120 m and 70000 wages.

My worry is that when I get promoted that I won't have enough money to pay for the wages and also the transfer fees. Because even on Large you don't really get that much money every season. Can anyone tell me if they have played with the default player's and how the money situation is.? I don't want to play a few seasons and realize I'll have no money.

I'm playing an the worst budget options and hardest transfer budget. After getting promoted I got about a £6m increase in yearly wage budget (when my two highest paid wages were below 300k at the time and third was only 150k). You'll do fine.

Important to note I rarely spend transfer budget as I give myself strict transfer rules and have budget option to put all income into wages and pay contract options from transfer budget. So me not spending the transfer budget might alter the wages.

I'm playing an the worst budget options and hardest transfer budget. After getting promoted I got about a £6m increase in yearly wage budget (when my two highest paid wages were below 300k at the time and third was only 150k). You'll do fine.

Important to note I rarely spend transfer budget as I give myself strict transfer rules and have budget option to put all income into wages and pay contract options from transfer budget. So me not spending the transfer budget might alter the wages.
I started my ML with wages on Normal.
Havent spent a penny from transfer budget, as I never buy any players. Im growing my own, or getting youth/free agents (max 20y.o.)
Every possible income I have set to go to salary budget. All the bonuses to be paid from transfer budget. I got fuck all after first season. Still have less than 200k salary budget.
(But I did finish 17th, so in fairness - cant really blame them for not being generous)
Currently im over half way through second season, on 3rd place, battling for promotion. Wonder if I get some nice bump if I succeed. Would be nice, since I cant even afford 70OVR defender from my youth squad.. :LOL:

I started my ML with wages on Normal.
Havent spent a penny from transfer budget, as I never buy any players. Im growing my own, or getting youth/free agents (max 20y.o.)
Every possible income I have set to go to salary budget. All the bonuses to be paid from transfer budget. I got fuck all after first season. Still have less than 200k salary budget.
(But I did finish 17th, so in fairness - cant really blame them for not being generous)
Currently im over half way through second season, on 3rd place, battling for promotion. Wonder if I get some nice bump if I succeed. Would be nice, since I cant even afford 70OVR defender from my youth squad.. :LOL:

Yes, they contribute to your 'war chest' when you succeed at the goals they set. Mainly the season objective, but of course your finishing position effects the result as well.

I find for wages, you can scrimp and save a lot.

Pick which players in your starting team (the defaults, or worse! in my random db) you can't replace. Most of them are in the low to mid 60s in the defaults and very few can't be replaced with better cheaper youths in January, if you need to (as people pay their release clause). Make sure you play your core preferred players as much as possible (which should happen automatically anyway). Apart from the best couple, which you may need to over pay for, you can generally renew most players contracts for LESS wages, but with structured bonuses to make up for it in mid December. Taking players on 30k down to 14k adds up quickly when a new free signing can be got at OVR 70 for as little as 100k wages.

Always do business in this order.
  1. Reduce contracts where possible.
  2. Sell the ones who you can't bring down the wages. But first ensure you can replace like(ish) for like for the same or less wages.
  3. Sign any new players (from market or youth team)
  4. Increase contracts of best players to keep (priority here is of course removing release fees on the older ones and increasing as much as possible on the younger ones (as they won't ever agree to the release removal). Unless this has changed very recently, renegotiated contracts in your own team DO affect the wage budget, but they allow you to go negative. Don't push it of course as you'll trap yourself for too long. But a slight negative short-term that you can reverse just with a few good ticket sales is often worthwhile.

Any player who want sign a new contract (that isn't vital), just sell them. You should be able to keep enough to not have too big a TS hit and you can easily replace the chaff with more chaff on a better (for you) contract).

Do NOT immediately sign your best youth players as you can't negotiate their wages. Better spending some transfer budget on someone else's unwanted player as you can make the wages far lower. Once you get promoted (or even after a season of reasonable success), the wages in your youth team are usually small enough in the grand scheme of things that it's less of an issue. Plus don't forget you've usually got a few seasons of 'grace' with your best new youth players as they join at 16 and leave at 20, so you can train them up a bit before having to pay them.

If you really want one of your youth players playing, then sign them, but as soon as the next transfer window opens, you can renegotiate the contract so do so if there's any chance of bringing it down (but if they're too good and too in demand, you may struggle here).

Apologies to those who already know all this!

Thanks for your help. I'll keep going so. Because as long as the money system doesn't break that's ok for me. Thanks again guys

I find for wages, you can scrimp and save a lot
Quick question regarding lowering wages.
Are players likely to lower their salaries if we bump up their bonuses?
Like few bob for scored goal or clean sheet?
And just to confirm - all those bonuses would be paid from Transfer Budget, if I have it set like this. Right?

Quick question regarding lowering wages.
Are players likely to lower their salaries if we bump up their bonuses?
Like few bob for scored goal or clean sheet?
And just to confirm - all those bonuses would be paid from Transfer Budget, if I have it set like this. Right?
Yes and yes. At extremes, you can have a player on for example only 15k a year, but then give them nearly 1k in appearance, goals etc. Easy way to shift your spend.

Hello, I have a questioni: Is It normal that on ML on the dashboard screen, the SAME Song keep playing over and over?

1st season finished as Villa and bloody hell, it was a right battle.

Headed into the final 4 games in the bottom 3. Sheff Utd and Norwich dead and buried, it was down to us and Bournemouth to see who joined them in the SkyBet.

I had 3 home fixtures out of the last 4 games but 2 were v Man Utd, who were 4th, and Arsenal in 5th.

Goalscoring has been a huge issue all season, I've created chances but not tucked them away, so not confident we could pull ourselves out the mire.

We best Newcastle 1-0, up to 17th - just 1 point above Bournemouth in 18th.

Next up, we lose 2-0 at Spurs. Bournemouth also lose, as you were.

Home against Man Utd. Scabbed a 0-0 away vs them by going all out defence, but we needed 3 points. Douglas Luiz misses a sitter 3 minutes in, oh god, here we go I'm thinking. Then, 7 mins in, Luiz breaks up an attack, feeds McGinn and he screams one past Casillas.

Utd push, but they revert to long ball, Mings has everyone for breakfast. We continue to push for a 2nd, wary it could all come apart. 25mins from time, Grealish is taken out, 30 yards from goal. Hourihane steps up and scores a worldie free-kick. Scenes at Villa Park. Utd are done, we dominate the closing stages and get 3 points. Bournemouth win 3-0 at Norwich - FFS!!

It's down to the final day. A win, we stay up. Anything else, I'm waiting till the end to see how Bournemouth get on v Everton.

We go 1 down, but Grealish, our captain, our talisman, levels. Arsenal come at us, Ozil scores a 2nd, crap defending as we stand and watch him strike a nail into our coffin.

2nd half, out of nowhere, Grealish and Wesley combine, Wesley curls in the leveller. Stick or twist, we've gotta go for a 3rd. We look tired, we are 2nd to every ball, 81 mins ticks by and Arsenal punish us. 2-3. My hands sweat, we create a couple of late chances but Arsenal hold on.

The players do a lap of honour. 'They don't look too upset' I'm thinking. Drury and Beglin waffle on, nothing about relegation, have we done it?

Bournemouth 0-2 Everton.

We stay up by a point. Unreal! That Man Utd game was our best performance of the season and has saved us. The board wanted a top 6 finish, I laughed it off and said top half. Even that was a pipe dream and the aim, deep down, was always to survive. Get the team Spirit up, get players developing and then we kick on.

Summer will be a long one. Deadwood to clear out and rumour has it, a certain Wilfried Zaha is on the Villa radar. Its going to be interesting to say the least, I ain't going through another relegation scrap to the death, so Mr Owner, get that cheque book out!!

Bloody loving it, I'm 36 and haven't enjoyed PES like this in years and years.

Added bonus, I've just been looking at the other comps info and noticed the International Competitions are back in ML. I swear they weren't last year, I managed England on PES19 and it was just friendly after friendly. I'm up for a bit of Tunisian or Peruvian International action in a season or 2 😎

I'm still going with my Genoa campaign.

Bought free agent Coentrão as a sub for Barreca con the left, and Yaremchuk because all the big attackers of my team were disappointing.

As for the results, I'm still fighting to not get relegated and although it's fun the grind sometimes is almost unbearable! With a low table team at SS you need to play every game super concentranted, exploit every chance and you'll still fuck up most of the times. Had truly lovely games here and there and others that almost made me crash my pad.. as others said in the main thread, there is no way you can productively play this game when you are tired or unfocused.

Now I hope to save Genoa and then, before try again with a small team, I'll start again with some middle/good one elsewhere (would love to start a southamerican ML, hope tactics for it will come out soon enough, otherwise I'll probably go in Premier).

I'm still going with my Genoa campaign.

Bought free agent Coentrão as a sub for Barreca con the left, and Yaremchuk because all the big attackers of my team were disappointing.

As for the results, I'm still fighting to not get relegated and although it's fun the grind sometimes is almost unbearable! With a low table team at SS you need to play every game super concentranted, exploit every chance and you'll still fuck up most of the times. Had truly lovely games here and there and others that almost made me crash my pad.. as others said in the main thread, there is no way you can productively play this game when you are tired or unfocused.

Now I hope to save Genoa and then, before try again with a small team, I'll start again with some middle/good one elsewhere (would love to start a southamerican ML, hope tactics for it will come out soon enough, otherwise I'll probably go in Premier).
How do you find Superstar by now dude? Is it viable? I like challenge, but i do not like every Frosinone - Specia to be like BArcelona - Chelsea 2005 version.

How do you find Superstar by now dude? Is it viable? I like challenge, but i do not like every Frosinone - Specia to be like BArcelona - Chelsea 2005 version.

Eh, very difficult to give a definitive answer to your question :D . I think what I wrote about my experience with Genoa kinda describe it for the most.

Superstar is hard, tough and unforgiving, but imho not impossible per se. You'll see CPU errors, phases of the game where you can hard press them and dominate; generally (in the arc of many games) if you defend with order and attention you'll be rewarded, if you'll take advantage of your key players, you'll feel the difference.

Anyway, you'll also see any kind of typical bullshit of this level. There were matches I've honestly felt I could have never won, in which my attackers would refuse to score and my defenders refuse to defend- God knows how many times I've been near to tilt for good.
However the good (sometimes great) matches I had in the end balanced it all and made it worth, at least until now. Then if one big final bullshit will relegate me or something I might change my mind, I don't know :D .

If I had to make a comparison, I couldn't stand 2018 on Superstar, for example. Every attempt I had with it, I dropped way before the point I'm in now, and I used to take way better teams than Genoa. So all in all, speaking as of now I find the current level of BS more acceptable and viable than that one.

Team Spirit being high makes a big difference to Superstar.

Mines up to 87 at end of 1st season and in my last 3 or 4 games I finally felt like my better players could produce a moment of magic. Grealish was starting to drift past players, Douglas Luiz was box to box winning ball and playing delicious passes and Mcginn has started to drive at teams like he does IRL.

Also, Mings at the back plays like a Rolls Royce, very smooth and impeccable.

Until team spirit is up, Superstar is a massive slug and you have to take certain things on the chin.

Take now, I've just had one of the most beautiful games in this ML yet. Juventus - Genoa, I've lost 1-0 for a CR7 bomb from outside.. the nice thing was that Juve, just like the great team they are, never dropped from red level of attack, even after their advtange, and I had my (very few compared with them) chances to score anyway in a beautiful back and forth. I haven't capitalized them, but the flow of the game was superb, almost real life like. When it's like this not only I do not tilt, but I feel live enduring the rest was fully worth it :) .

So that was the latest... on Las Palmas:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2020-discussion-thread-ps4-xbox-one.80779/post-3468513

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2020-discussion-thread-ps4-xbox-one.80779/post-3468537

Next up was Betis and I came back 2 times. Never had I thought I’d win this. There more i was happy when Drole scored the winner later in the game. :)
0e76fc7f-d5ec-47ea-86cj3q.jpeg

I had to play it slow and wise to take the score to final whistle. Really satisfying when it works.

Next up was the first round of the Copa versus Celta.
d343d697-742f-4280-bwdjkg.jpeg

Drole again with a winning goal.
We started very defensive and Celta was pushing red 1. I was able to quick counter in min. 10 only to get distracted by the keeper rushing out.
Minute 14 and another quick counter from deep defensive, and this time I remembered and chipped it nicely top left corner. :D
Celta went really crazy and full throttle when they pushed red 2 till the end. That left A LOT of space for counter attacks. Before that I had to fight for my life, kicking and heading out every ball that came in.
I really tried but couldn’t score another one. But I don’t mind!!
What a surprise!! Really.
And how I liked that the AI went all in during the last 15-20 min minutes. I was so focused I only realized from min 75 that they went red 2!
What a match!! What a fight. Good night.

Last edited:
Summer Transfer Business done.

Let Chester, Lansbury, Kodjia, Taylor all go for around a combined total of £15mill.

Elmohammady retired, so I didn't have a proper back-up for either full back position.

Scouted around, like the look of Jorge AT Santos but they wanted £50mill!!

Found a Belgium chap called Castagne. He can play almost anywhere and on either side, so he came in for £19mill. Training him to be a defensive fullback cos' his ball winning is awful. He's naturally a left sided midfielder but most of his time will be spent coming off the bench.

Up top, Wesley is growing into a beast. My only real back-up is Keinan Davis, who I like cos he's so strong. Went to Anderlecht and managed to get Dimata for a snip, £12mill and he has pace to burn. Great 2nd option and could also do a job wide right.

The Zaha rumours were true but Palace wouldn't play ball. An offer of £58mill wasn't enough and I'm not paying over that for a 28 year old, though he is a joy to use on this game.

We are well stocked in Midfield. Nakamba, Luiz, Grealish, McGinn, El-Ghazi, Foden, Trezeguet but I play 5 in the middle.

News reached me that there was some dressing room unrest at AC Milan. Calhanoglu wanted out and Milan wanted shot. Could we possibly pull this off? Damn right we could and at a bargain price of £13.5mill. They've been had at that price, we've signed a world class player and I can't wait to see him in a Villa shirt.

So, all set for season 2. The squad looks strong. Only concern is the GK position. Heaton is knocking on a bit and my back ups ain't great but I think he can do one more season before I need to worry too much.

Load of young lads been sent out on loan again, Doyle-Hayes and O'Hare are kept on the 1st team squad though with the aim to give them some Cup footy this season and see how they develop.

Board want top 6, think the owner is on some form of drugs, but I can't see us in a relegation battle again. Top 10 is the aim and a decent Cup run!

Last match I threw everything at them.
Was losing 0-1 at half time and went all in. Gegenpress, hot press, sunday press, moved my defensive line up to the max. My players were on all fours coming off the pitch, but we won 1-2.
That result bumped me up to... first place in Skybet.
I have around 10 matches left to play in the second season.
Board target was 8th place, but from the start I felt I can fight for promotion to EPL.
Its very tight up the top.
If I manage to get promoted - I might stick to this campaign for another while. If I lose - most likely ill be moving to Italy, as I really cant stand this E-sport logo on the replays.
Besides - V3 with Klash tactics coming out next week, so its a good time to start and lock the tactics in few saves in different places.

Hi all, new poster on here and loving master league so far this year.

Quick question: in past years there was a team status/overview page detailing owner trust, overall team stats and a highlighting a few of the key players/captain etc. Does something like that exist in this years version? Not sure I can find it if so.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom