The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

So glad i I'm not a supporter of any of those teams in that shit league.
Exactly. I like to watch EPL football. BUt on the other hand my daughter plays women's football in the lowest tier of the pyramid. That imo is the real football.
But even there, one sees disgusting things. A couple of week they had to play against Lierse. Lierse used to be a big name in Belgian football. In 1997 they last were champions in what is now the CL and the season after they played in the CL.
A couple of year later they were totally broken and a Chinese gambler blackmailed the board, the staff and the players. A couple of years later they went into administration. They folded their women's team. Now they are starting with a new team and the mens team is in second division under a slightly new name (Lierse Kempenzonen, but everybody still calls them Lierse). They have a formiddabel women's team because they pay their players. My daughter's club was the first team that really played a match against them (all the other clubs refused to play and lost 5-0). My daughter's team lost 21-0. But that is not the most disgusting. In Belgium women's football has free entrance except for the national team.
When we went watching the match, we had to pay an entrance fee of 5 euro's (i know it's nothing), the same evening our national women's team played a home match against Albania. Entrance fee: 5 euro's. Enough said.

Exactly. I like to watch EPL football. BUt on the other hand my daughter plays women's football in the lowest tier of the pyramid. That imo is the real football.
But even there, one sees disgusting things. A couple of week they had to play against Lierse. Lierse used to be a big name in Belgian football. In 1997 they last were champions in what is now the CL and the season after they played in the CL.
A couple of year later they were totally broken and a Chinese gambler blackmailed the board, the staff and the players. A couple of years later they went into administration. They folded their women's team. Now they are starting with a new team and the mens team is in second division under a slightly new name (Lierse Kempenzonen, but everybody still calls them Lierse). They have a formiddabel women's team because they pay their players. My daughter's club was the first team that really played a match against them (all the other clubs refused to play and lost 5-0). My daughter's team lost 21-0. But that is not the most disgusting. In Belgium women's football has free entrance except for the national team.
When we went watching the match, we had to pay an entrance fee of 5 euro's (i know it's nothing), the same evening our national women's team played a home match against Albania. Entrance fee: 5 euro's. Enough said.
I've always been a die hard supporter of the 51% rule and not private investors.
So sad to see foreign (and investors from the same country) just use teams as their own little venture.
A football club is never a one man's little toy ,it's more important than that ,it belongs to the community and the people in that community.

While we're on about money making owners, I kid you not..

I barely remember this guy, which as he made 1 start and 4 subs appearances is hardly surprising and as you can see from his wiki page he went on to have a stellar career. Appearing to have not had a club since 2019. However fret not you can pick up his worn training shorts here from 2008/09 season for a steal. (insert ironic emoji here)

https://www.pompeyshop.co.uk/products/2009-2010-lenny-sowah-prepared-training-shorts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennard_Sowah

Memorabilia? Really? If you're so inclined go through some more pages for a right laugh.

Good, free watch right now if you're in the UK: https://onefootball.com/en/match/2232084

Japan vs Australia.

Fun fact: there are more Aberdeen-born players in the Australia starting XI than there are in the entire Scotland squad.

In a similar vein, of the players on the pitch right now, more Faroese players (three) than Scottish (two) have lived in Aberdeen.

This is not a worldly city, either!

In a similar vein, of the players on the pitch right now, more Faroese players (three) than Scottish (two) have lived in Aberdeen.

This is not a worldly city, either!

You should see our state/provisional leagues mate. And then they wonder why our youth system is failing.

Half the state leagues are filled backpackers & tourists, they get everything from housing to their visa sorted by clubs. Thing is, the gap in quality is so large, they could be a Scottish 3rd division player & come hang in our A-League, for state teams they are like gods. I've seen some failed Serie C players come down here & absolutely take the piss out of some "premier" defences. Pocket an easy $1-2 K a game and enjoy the beach!

Well atleast thats how it was when I left the game, now I hear they are openly transferring international players for state teams :LOL:

EDIT: Just reminded myself of the scum kevin muscat, he is "captian" in this clip. A young Adrian Zahra came on in the Melbourne derby and he was terrorizing the defence. Queue this fucking bellend, to destroy his career .. These are the ones that deleted #10's out of the game.

Last edited:
The Boyle/Dykes exchange is bearing fruit for both parties at least!

You should see our state/provisional leagues mate. And then they wonder why our youth system is failing.

Half the state leagues are filled backpackers & tourists, they get everything from housing to their visa sorted by clubs. Thing is, the gap in quality is so large, they could be a Scottish 3rd division player & come hang in our A-League, for state teams they are like gods. I've seen some failed Serie C players come down here & absolutely take the piss out of some "premier" defences. Pocket an easy $1-2 K a game and enjoy the beach!

Well atleast thats how it was when I left the game, now I hear they are openly transferring international players for state teams :LOL:

EDIT: Just reminded myself of the scum kevin muscat, he is "captian" in this clip. A young Adrian Zahra came on in the Melbourne derby and he was terrorizing the defence. Queue this fucking bellend, to destroy his career .. These are the ones that deleted #10's out of the game.

My mate is guilty of that! He went from Cove Rangers (third tier in Scotland but they were fifth tier when he left) and went to ECU Joondalup (then Bayswater then back to Joondalup) in what I understand is the second tier.

Because of that I know what you mean. The leagues are filled with foreign players! He's contributed pretty well, and won player of the season in his first or second year, but it's the others who just make up the numbers who do the real damage.

Same as any league at any level anywhere I guess. Bringing in an average player now is easier than developing an average player over a number of years, even if it means denying that player's growth and potential to be more than average. It's sad.

Kevin Muscat is about as notorious as they come. A hell of a charge sheet. Poured into those Rangers and Millwall shirts...

What an animal that guy was. How he never got banned for good I don't know. Just outright thuggery rarely even disguised as any attempt at the ball.

This guy was another one. Only got a yellow card during the game as well! 8 match ban afterwards. Really hate these cheap shot one's.

What an animal that guy was. How he never got banned for good I don't know. Just outright thuggery rarely even disguised as any attempt at the ball.

This guy was another one. Only got a yellow card during the game as well! 8 match ban afterwards. Really hate these cheap shot one's.

Pedro Mendes had a tough time of it. That incident, the disallowed goal at Old Trafford, and I recall he 'conceded' a penalty after a crystal clear dive by Didier Zokora of Spurs.

Another ex-Rangers player, but he didn't have a Rangers vibe so he's okay. 😄

Wasn't even looking at the ball. These ones go around & think they are "hard men" of the game. It is nothing but complete cowardice, knowing your opponent (peer) is not defending himself. Shame on the ref. These incidents should definately require some psychiatric evaluation for both the player & in this case referee .. yellow what :SHOCK:?

I literally stopped watching Melbourne Victory after they made that tosser a captain.

@Flipper the Priest I don't blame your mate whatsoever. The guy is living his life & he has the talent to do it. The problem is the greedy owners that want a quick rise up the ranks. Promote their side business' on the way up & make more money.

Wasn't even looking at the ball. These ones go around & think they are "hard men" of the game. It is nothing but complete cowardice, knowing your opponent (peer) is not defending himself. Shame on the ref. These incidents should definately require some psychiatric evaluation for both the player & in this case referee .. yellow what :SHOCK:?

I literally stopped watching Melbourne Victory after they made that tosser a captain.

@Flipper the Priest I don't blame your mate whatsoever. The guy is living his life & he has the talent to do it. The problem is the greedy owners that want a quick rise up the ranks. Promote their side business' on the way up & make more money.

Yeah rarely buy the 'hard man' tag. I'm still a pansy, but far easier to be a hard man on a football pitch than off it!

Owners are usually the problem in football...

----

https://www.planetfootball.com/quizzes/can-name-top-scorers-25-european-nations/

Great quiz. Got 23, and wouldn't have gotten the last two with all the time in the world.

Yeah rarely buy the 'hard man' tag. I'm still a pansy, but far easier to be a hard man on a football pitch than off it!

----

https://www.planetfootball.com/quizzes/can-name-top-scorers-25-european-nations/

Great quiz. Got 23, and wouldn't have gotten the last two with all the time in the world.

20. Never even heard of the Norwegian guy. Know the Slovenian player but wouldn't have known it was him. Didn't get Italy despite several guesses!

I actually had 19 but did attempt both Russian top scorers without actually managing to get near the proper spelling to get it :LOL:

20. Never even heard of the Norwegian guy. Know the Slovenian player but wouldn't have known it was him. Didn't get Italy despite several guesses!

I actually had 19 but did attempt both Russian top scorers without actually managing to get near the proper spelling to get it :LOL:

Didn't get the Greek or Norwegian but never even heard of them. PES editing helped with a lot of the names!

Mad that the Italian record has stood for so long given their strikers over the years

I feel like an idiot, that i still haven't understood, what's at stake with Nations League?
France won it, and now what? I meam except for the seeding pots? And why it has final and trophy?

----

21 of 25
Didn't know Norway, Northern Ireland, Greece and never heard of them. The Scottish I knew but couldn't remember them until I gave up and saw the names

I feel like an idiot, that i still haven't understood, what's at stake with Nations League?
France won it, and now what? I meam except for the seeding pots? And why it has final and trophy?

I don't think anyone cares about it. It seems to be a pretty much meaningless thing to replace meaningless friendlies. Think of it as the equivalent of the EFL Trophy in England. Seriously though I have no idea. The only thing I knew, after the fact, is that was why Macedonia qualified for the Euros. So I guess for them at least it was well worth it.

I don't think anyone cares about it. It seems to be a pretty much meaningless thing to replace meaningless friendlies. Think of it as the equivalent of the EFL Trophy in England. Seriously though I have no idea. The only thing I knew, after the fact, is that was why Macedonia qualified for the Euros. So I guess for them at least it was well worth it.

It's how we qualified too, so I'm a fan!

I think it's a good idea to be honest - anything to get rid of friendlies. But the top level, final four tournament is just a pointless money-spinner.

The intertoto cup of the Euros.

The Nations League is a Mickey Mouse club, but it's better than useless friendlies. IMO the 4 nations league matches in Italy were very good.
For Belgium both defeats were traumatic. We realize now that our golden generation will never win anything. We will never ever have a team like that and now we know that we will never win anything in football.
Finally everybody in Belgium realizes that Martinez is a useless coach, tactically inept and very conservative in his player choice. Personally i can't forgive him the realistic approach at the Euro's. We played piss poor football, should have gone out against Portugal and were chanceless against Italy.

In Russia at least we played fantastic football, i was very proud of our team. we lost against France, burt France were the new West-Germany, champions with piss poor football.

Our players miss something to win big things. Vertonghen and Alderweireld lost a CL final with Spurs, ALderweireld and Carrasco (despite scoring) lost CL finals with Atletico Madrid, Hzard never played a CL final, KDB lost a CL final with Chelsea (and before Rudiger slaughtered him, he was not good at all). Mignolet was on he bench when Liverpool won the CL and yes Divock Origi scored in the CL final against Spurs (but he hasn't been in our squad for a long time, someone should write a book about him, very weird player, hardly plays for Liverpool, but scores very important goals). Oh and Lukaku scored the decisive...owngoal in the Europa League final against Sevilla...Courtois also lost a CL final with Atletico Madrid.

THe amount of 4th places we got at the last OIympics, are we a country of chokers and loosers? Does it really mater? No.

I'm still proud of our national team and the beautiful football they played for years, the Danish Dynamite never won anything (it was the next generation that won the Euro's).

The Nations League is a Mickey Mouse club, but it's better than useless friendlies. IMO the 4 nations league matches in Italy were very good.
For Belgium both defeats were traumatic. We realize now that our golden generation will never win anything. We will never ever have a team like that and now we know that we will never win anything in football.
Finally everybody in Belgium realizes that Martinez is a useless coach, tactically inept and very conservative in his player choice. Personally i can't forgive him the realistic approach at the Euro's. We played piss poor football, should have gone out against Portugal and were chanceless against Italy.

As a neutral it was sad to see Belgium fall short so many times, but I wouldn't lose hope mate :TU:

Remember Spain in the 90's/2000's also had a similar situation where they just couldn't win anything with that amazing line-up (Raul, Hierro, Morientes, etc)
And then they dominated the whole world football for a good 4 years with Euro 2008, WC 2010, etc.

But ofcourse for every Spain, you also have 98-2000 Netherlands that was one my absolute favourite sides & could never win a thing :(

Back
Top Bottom