The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Always regarded (since he left Everton) Moyes as a destroyer of teams ,United ,but mainly how he tackled the tough task that's Sunderland.
Other managers did a great job there keeping them up ,but then Moyes came ,pretty much scrapped the team plan that kept them up ,both which players to use ,who knew how to be under pressure and deal with that ,but also trying to change how the team itself played.

Total disaster imo.
But he's really making WH work ,really good performance so far from them (last season included).

When I see previews for the upcoming CL match tonight, PSG vs. Man City, i ask myself: with these massive teams, will esports and online tactics, like we know/hate them, follow? Will there be a real life team playing with 5 strikers (all 90+ rated), hardcore team pressing and Volta moves on the road to goal?
Just saying, nothing seems impossible these days.

When I see previews for the upcoming CL match tonight, PSG vs. Man City, i ask myself: with these massive teams, will esports and online tactics, like we know/hate them, follow? Will there be a real life team playing with 5 strikers (all 90+ rated), hardcore team pressing and Volta moves on the road to goal?
Just saying, nothing seems impossible these days.
Still the DM scored...

Club Brugge was great in Leipzig too. They should have won against PSG and yesterday they did win against RB Leipzig. Charles Deketelaere is a phenomenal player and extremely versatile. He is a forward but can also play as a number 10, on both wings and even as RB and LB. Yesterday he tormented Leipzig and he was also outstanding against PSG.

4 points after 2 matches, who would have thought this? I'm not a Brugge fan, but it's great for Belgian football.

Club Brugge was great in Leipzig too. They should have won against PSG and yesterday they did win against RB Leipzig. Charles Deketelaere is a phenomenal player and extremely versatile. He is a forward but can also play as a number 10, on both wings and even as RB and LB. Yesterday he tormented Leipzig and he was also outstanding against PSG.

4 points after 2 matches, who would have thought this? I'm not a Brugge fan, but it's great for Belgian football.

Always good - in Jack Hendry - to see a Scot performing at this level with a non-British club. A remarkable rise given his predicament at Celtic just a few years ago!

Every team beating RB has my support.
And it's great seeing "smaller" teams winning

Do we have any Polish people in here?
Just listened to a 3 hrs Pod on Wisla Krakow.
Jesus fucking Christ what a story.

Summary: one of their ultras groups Wisla Shark who were basically a gangster organisation ,or evolved to it.
Guess most people have seen the knife thrown at Parma's Dino Baggio?
That was thrown by their leader Pawel Misiek ,and he got 8 years for that.
Once out he took over drug/cigarette/trafficking in Krakow having his Sharks as backup and involving them in to a fully fledged crime organisation.

One thing with the rivalry between Wisla and Cracovia (on a hooligan level) is that there's no "rules" between them ,any other rivalry it's "fist's/feet" but those guys uses knives and machetes.
This lead to a lot of deaths in Krakow ,one of the worst were a military like operation from Wisla on one of Cracovia's main guys attacking him and killed him with 64 stab wounds.
These guys were heavily linked with one of Europe's most violent ultras/gangster organisations " irriducibile" (Lazio).

So now we've established exactly who The sharks were ,and those guys muscled their way in to the club and took over ,ran the club in 2018.
Gangsters as CEOs , plundering their own "beloved" club with shitty and weird deals.
It went so far that the club in 2019 faced bankruptcy ,all the gangsters had been (thankfully) arrested since investigating journalists had done a massive digging and police busted them all thanks to that.

One of the weirdest story I've ever heard.
So in came the football financial strongman Vanna Ly ,which turned out to be fake ,so that deal fell through
Eventually (former Wisla player) Jakub Blaszczykowski took over ,with his own money ,playing for free along with two other businessmen.

Last edited:
There is a great book about ultra's all over the world: 1312 by James Montague. I have it, but haven't read it yet. I listened to an interview with James Montague, fascinating.

Often those Ultra Groups have links with criminal organisations.

After seeing Sheriff Tiraspol doing what the did at Bernabeu I took a look at who they are etc.

1.a team named after the "country's" largest supermarket/gas station/construction company/largest Mercedes-Benz dealership? and TV channel.
Pretty much monopoly on all branches of business in the "country"

2 founded by Viktor Gushan and Ilya Kazmaly ,two former KGB /special services officer's

3 from the breakaway state of Transnistria (Moldova) and isn't recognised as a country.

4 why do they get to play the CL?

Lovely game between Coventry and Fulham.
4-1 Coventry ,and Swedish (hardly heard of him) player Gyökeres bagged two goals.
In pouring rain as well ,love it.

Sidenote ,good job by Everton getting a draw.

Athletico don't even need grease-man, Lemar is a beast!
Suarez got his revenge, couldv'e had 2 & it's only half-time :LOL:
Koeman on his phone, absolutely raging up in the stands! :RANT:

EDIT: Wow! The way these guys run & press is unreal. 90 mins non stop.. Respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom