The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Fascinated by Barcelona's turmoil. Although I wouldn't mind being five points off the top of the league with a game in hand...
If you pay Messi this ,even under the pandemic ,with no other income.

Then shit will hit the fan...

We had 18k season ticket holders (max is 20 K of our 30 K stadium)
16k chooses to not give a refund but letting the club have it.
Barca has 85k season ticket holder ,400 decided to let the club keep their season ticket fee..

There is a massive drop in revenue for Barca under their last president , Messi contract being one ,but other insane deals as well ,they did generate a lot up until the pandemic hit ,but then absolutely no income whatsoever ,apart from TV rights ,that got cut.
Plus La Liga put forward a salary cap not once but twice during that period ,I think Barcelona had to cut 350 million euro off their team in salary.

Plus one of their schemes could no longer be done due to no crowds.
Season ticket holder rarely see each game ,but resell their tickets to the club ,and splits that between them.

I think they got what they deserved ,it's time to rebuild ,just like pre Messi era.

Barca has 85k season ticket holder ,400 decided to let the club keep their season ticket fee.

Got to say if I was a Barcelona fan with that level of mismanagement I'd take my money back as well. I took mine back from the pandemic season too, my club is run by a penny pinching billionaire family they've no need to keep my money as a gift. Had we still been fan owned it would have been a completely different matter of course.

Got to say if I was a Barcelona fan with that level of mismanagement I'd take my money back as well. I took mine back from the pandemic season too, my club is run by a penny pinching billionaire family they've no need to keep my money as a gift. Had we still been fan owned it would have been a completely different matter of course.
I get that ,in Barcelona's case ,that was pre Messi leaving ,and I think they were ok spending tons of money as long as Madrid didn't catch up.
Blinded I guess.
I think most clubs here has had their fans giving their ticket money back to the club ,but then again ,we do have "fan" owned clubs ,not us of course..
We're owned by Z (47 percent).
We have the 51% rule here ,but that doesn't stop it from being two separate companies ,just like all other 51% in Europe pretty much.

But rather have that ,if the board fucks up ,they're gone next year.

Kylian Mbappé to L’Équipe:

“Yes, I called Neymar ‘bum’ because I wasn’t happy with a pass. These are things which happen all the time in football.
That’s why, right after, given how it blew up, I spoke to him about it. This happens because we want to win. That’s it - no issue”.

:LOL: These guys aren't winning anything, anytime soon. Let alone a champions league. It's just a battle of snowflake egos.
This quote reminded me of Romario & Edmundo playing together (Vasco Da Gama?) whilst absolutely despising one another.
They would never pass to each other, but scored something stupid like 25-30 goals each, just to outdo themselves.

I just don't see that pride in Ney or Mbappe, when everytime I watch them, they are strolling around the pitch or sulking about a pass. Good luck to anyone trying to manage that "team"

I hope this bollocks from Arse Wanker and co about a World Cup every two years gets killed off pronto, it would degrade the value of the competition considerably, I wont have it.

Edit: I don't usually mind Arsene Wenger but that idea is dumb AF. So many in those positions try to change things for the sake of changing them. Was it Platini who wanted to ban tackles in football?

Last edited:

“Yes, I called Neymar ‘bum’ because I wasn’t happy with a pass. These are things which happen all the time in football.
That’s why, right after, given how it blew up, I spoke to him about it. This happens because we want to win. That’s it - no issue”.

:LOL: These guys aren't winning anything, anytime soon. Let alone a champions league. It's just a battle of snowflake egos.
This quote reminded me of Romario & Edmundo playing together (Vasco Da Gama?) whilst absolutely despising one another.
They would never pass to each other, but scored something stupid like 25-30 goals each, just to outdo themselves.

I just don't see that pride in Ney or Mbappe, when everytime I watch them, they are strolling around the pitch or sulking about a pass. Good luck to anyone trying to manage that "team"
Kylian Mbappé seems to be trying to get out of there already so even he has little faith in them winning the CL. Calling Neymar a bum is obviously wrong. Bums don't get a salary, nevermind the money Neymar is getting, there are thousands of more appropriate words to call that little prick.

I think the problem is not Mbappé or Neymar ( booth are very talented and good players ). The problem from PSG is Leonardo and the wrong coach for this team, Pochetino.

I think the problem is not Mbappé or Neymar ( booth are very talented and good players ). The problem from PSG is Leonardo and the wrong coach for this team, Pochetino.

Indeed I don't doubt their talent at all, but the team always comes second to them (maybe even third at times like Ney's family holidays :LOL:)
Maybe a coach like Simeone or Klopp who don't accept any bullshit whatsoever. Like the way Klopp handles Salah & Mane is brilliant. But these managers are few & far between.

"Money can't buy dream" was it ? lol

@Isslander - Too right, he is trying everything it seems to force a transfer. Chasing glory without putting in the work.

Stumbled across these guys on you tube the other day @Joga probably knows about them. From the comments it seems John Clarke, sadly died about 4 years ago though. Most of their stuff is political satire and very funny and despite mostly being about Australia very relevant and timeless observation of all politics/governments across the world. However this one was a FIFA related one interviewing Arthur Swissbank, the senior protocols advisor to FIFA. :LOL: This seemed the ideal thread for it as it's spot on. Very funny.

Stumbled across these guys on you tube the other day @Joga probably knows about them. From the comments it seems John Clarke, sadly died about 4 years ago though. Most of their stuff is political satire and very funny and despite mostly being about Australia very relevant and timeless observation of all politics/governments across the world. However this one was a FIFA related one interviewing Arthur Swissbank, the senior protocols advisor to FIFA. :LOL: This seemed the ideal thread for it as it's spot on. Very funny.

:LOL: That is brilliant! He has the body language down to a tee! "I think we've got another offer, just hold on there"

P.S I'm both amazed & disappointed that I hadn't heard of this guy. I'll probably be watching them all soon, thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I just realized the name is Arthur Swissbank :LMAO:

So Newcastle is Saudi owned now?
(Somehow I can't paste in links )

Seems so. I'm conflicted.

It's wrong, it shouldn't be happening. But I don't like how their fans are being hung out to dry for celebrating the new regime. The biggest problem is that is can happen, not that it does. What can the fans do? Boycott? What difference would it make? The decision-makers know problem, they just don't have the balls or moral compass to change it.

Seems so. I'm conflicted.

It's wrong, it shouldn't be happening. But I don't like how their fans are being hung out to dry for celebrating the new regime. The biggest problem is that is can happen, not that it does. What can the fans do? Boycott? What difference would it make? The decision-makers know problem, they just don't have the balls or moral compass to change it.
Its a league with shit ownerships ,couldn't care less for any teams or fans involved.
You lay in the bed you make etc.
Totally get what FC United of Manchester did

Can't blame the fans at all. Everything has come down to executive decisions.

Back in the day, I chose Chelsea as my EPL team. I loved watching them back then with Zola, Poyet, Di Matteo, Desailly & LE BOUF!
Then when Ambramovich took over it just felt off. I became a neutral after but I will admit, I celebrated that CL win over Bayern :LOL:

Soon every club will be owned by royals or entrepeneurs! Tragic .. Football was doing just fine without all this money in it

Whilst I 100% agree that Newcastle fans deserve a bit of success, they have a huge local fan base that have stuck with them through mostly thin and thinner and I do get why they'd be happy but it's a pretty sad state of affairs really when it's got to the stage of fans being happy to have that type of ownership.

The only funny bit might be when City, Utd and Chelsea start bleating about it being unfair them having so much money.

That's the thing ,you hardly chose a team ,at least I didn't ,it's where/with whom you grow up with/family.
And if the team sucks ,it sucks ,that's hardly why I became a fan/supporter of my club.
If a Saudi owned group would buy us up ,I'd leave ,or do the FCU Manchester thing.

Don't think certain fans are "owed" (is that the right word?) Succes because they stood behind their team for a long time now that a filthy rich ownership comes in?

It's called being a fan.
If they/we can't stand being supporters without some glory down the road ,then it's not for them/us.
We who travel up and down our countries supporting our team , first/second/third division knows it's about something else.

If I/you support a shit team ,we find other things being more/equally important as winning trophies year in and year out.
Beating our rivals in a packed stadium twice a year Vs winning the cup/league?
I'd take the beating of our rivals 8 days a week ,but then again I support a shit team that never wins any trophies ,maybe I don't know better (that's what they would say)?
Then again ,that sting of losing derbies are so much worse than the joy of winning a trophy I think...

well, after the 10th match of South American qualifying (8 to go), the standings look as follows:

As usual, things are looking very very tight from the 3-7 spots! Just in case you guys need a refresher, the top 4 qualify directly to the WC, and #5 plays a two-leg playoff against a yet-undetermined opponent. (Confederation to be decided). :TU:

1633671183632.png

Last edited:
well, after the 10th match of South American qualifying (8 to go), the standings look as follows_

As usual, things are looking very very tight from the 3-7 spots! Just in case you guys need a refresher, the top 4 qualify directly to the WC, and #5 plays a two-leg playoff against a yet-undetermined opponent. (Confederation to be decided). :TU:

View attachment 125619

Good luck bro! 0-0 away to Uruguay is not bad at all .. they have Muslera :COOL:

P.S LOL What's Ecuador doin though? 19 goals scored, 11 conceded :SHOCK:

Hi bro! Yes, 0-0 against Uruguay is not bad, especially given that we have only won 1 match in Montevideo in qualification history! :SHOCK:

Our next match gets really tough though.. Against Brazil at home.. They are unbeaten after 9 games!

As for Ecuador, I kinda see them as a short sprinter, they usually start really fast in qualification, and then slowly start to lose steam. Peru on the other hand, is looking more like a long distance runner, starting slow but gaining traction. All I know is.. it's getting very interesting! :YES:

About PSG. I saw their match against Club Brugge. Brugge should have won that match. How does PSG expects to win matches if 3 of their players never do any defensive work (Messi, Neymar and Mbappé). In Brugge they had the bad luck that Verratti didn’t play ( he run for two) furthermore their defensive is very average and the whole team behaved very arrogantly.

And about Newcastle. How would you react if your favourite club would be taken over by a very dodgy billionaire?
I wouldn’t want it. But in the end I would embrace wins and silverware. I think I would feel uncomfrtable for a while…would thatvlast? I hope so, but i’m not so sure.
I can understand that the Newcastle fans are delighted that Mike Ashley isn’t the owner of their club anymore. They are not to blame that the new owner is very dodgy.

if I had to choose now between a dodgy billionaire or not winning silverware with good football, I would go for the second option. But that choice is theoretical.

And about Newcastle. How would you react if your favourite club would be taken over by a very dodgy billionaire?
I wouldn’t want it. But in the end I would embrace wins and silverware. I think I would feel uncomfrtable for a while…would thatvlast? I hope so, but i’m not so sure.
I can understand that the Newcastle fans are delighted that Mike Ashley isn’t the owner of their club anymore. They are not to blame that the new owner is very dodgy.

if I had to choose now between a dodgy billionaire or not winning silverware with good football, I would go for the second option. But that choice is theoretical.
For me, this is a "you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube" scenario.

There is blood money changing hands at other Premier League clubs. Man United have taken money from a similar source for many years.

Only now is it a problem, because of the amount of money, and because of other clubs' jealousy. That's why there's suddenly an "emergency meeting" of the other 19 EPL clubs. Not because of the human rights abuses and, you know, the state-sponsored murder or two. They don't care about that.

But when you start looking at it like that, and you take into account any government-based funding (the UK being the world's second-biggest arms dealer), then you realise that very little money is clean.

Back
Top Bottom