The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

@Stan I was just thinking about your son and supporting a player not a team. Does he have other players he follows as well because I was wondering what happens when the player he follows retires? Does he just pick a new one or what? I'm really curious about that!
He also likes Lukaku.
Most of his friends are fans of players, rather than teams.
Could be something specific Belgian. They worship the players of our national team. But they play all (or virtually all) for foreign teams; That might explain it.

It was a close call tho.

No skin off my nose but I'm pleased. Ronaldo and Messi signing for Man City and PSG would be too depressing. 💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶

No skin off my nose but I'm pleased. Ronaldo and Messi signing for Man City and PSG would be too depressing. 💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶💶

I actually want that to happen. Mbappe out, Ronaldo in.
I dont want Messi and Ronaldo teaming up in a Chinese or US league , i wouldnt watch that. UCL is a different case.

I actually want that to happen. Mbappe out, Ronaldo in.
I dont want Messi and Ronaldo teaming up in a Chinese or US league , i wouldnt watch that. UCL is a different case.

Must admit as much as I wouldn't want it to be at PSG, it would have been something to see the two best players of the last 15 years on the same team for a season or two.

Would Ronaldo pass to Messi though or accept possibly being second top scorer.

Nice one.

We didn't bounce back after getting absolutely schooled on Thursday. A draw at home to Racist Malky's Ross County. Pathetic. I think we peaked in our first game of the season, against Hacken!

Nice one.

We didn't bounce back after getting absolutely schooled on Thursday. A draw at home to Racist Malky's Ross County. Pathetic. I think we peaked in our first game of the season, against Hacken!
Tranmere (after getting our hero of a manager back from his Scottish adventure) played yesterday.

We were beaten 1-0 by a team that hadn't won for 16 games.

To a penalty that was given in the first three minutes.

For handball.

TV footage shows the ball is chested with arms clearly at his side.

Not only that. 73% possession, 0 shots on target.

Don't. Even. Start. I wish I knew what it was like for my team to play in Europe.

Nice one.

Tough one Flip ,were do you see yourself this season?
Malky...long time I heard that racists name.

Tranmere (after getting our hero of a manager back from his Scottish adventure) played yesterday.

We were beaten 1-0 by a team that hadn't won for 16 games.

To a penalty that was given in the first three minutes.

For handball.

TV footage shows the ball is chested with arms outstretched.

Not only that. 73% possession, 0 shots on target.

Don't. Even. Start. I wish I knew what it was like for my team to play in Europe.

That is an abysmal call. And curious stats. Never seen anything like that. So many jokes about penetration I won't make.

We had five shots on target with 75% possession and I was cursing that!

Tough one Flip ,were do you see yourself this season?
Malky...long time I heard that racists name.

Third is still the aim for me. International break has come at a good time as crucial new signings have come in. A couple of weeks to work together as a group, allow a few key players to get back to full fitness - could be crucial. Hearts and Hibs both looking strong though.

Makes me really mad that Mackay has a job. People make mistakes, yes. Out of exuberance and ignorance, yes. But a 40-something manager of a multiethnic football team? Fuck off. That's ingrained prejudice. He got a job at the SFA after that too. Unbelievable.

That is an abysmal call. And curious stats. Never seen anything like that. So many jokes about penetration I won't make.

We had five shots on target with 75% possession and I was cursing that!

Third is still the aim for me. International break has come at a good time as crucial new signings have come in. A couple of weeks to work together as a group, allow a few key players to get back to full fitness - could be crucial. Hearts and Hibs both looking strong though.

Makes me really mad that Mackay has a job. People make mistakes, yes. Out of exuberance and ignorance, yes. But a 40-something manager of a multiethnic football team? Fuck off. That's ingrained prejudice. He got a job at the SFA after that too. Unbelievable.
Yeah that sounds terrible , unbelievable to get that job as well (SFA).

Watching from the outside ,Your league this year ,thinking of the two Glasgow teams much be weaker ,neither of them made any real progress in the euro cups ,at least the progress they thought they would.
Which teams are in the sphere (wrong word but you'll get it) you're in (3-6)?

Ronaldo to United? Not sure i that is a good transfer in football terms. Yes they will sell lots of kits with his name on it.
But Ronaldo tkaes the place of a very promising young player (Greenwoord) and what about Edinson Cavani?

I guess they couldn't bear to see Ronaldo playing foor City, but otherwise? Bad transfer when you looki at it in the long term.
Also bad for team spirit....

Ronaldo to United? Not sure i that is a good transfer in football terms. Yes they will sell lots of kits with his name on it.
But Ronaldo tkaes the place of a very promising young player (Greenwoord) and what about Edinson Cavani?

I guess they couldn't bear to see Ronaldo playing foor City, but otherwise? Bad transfer when you looki at it in the long term.
Also bad for team spirit....

I think you hit the nail on the head with bad team spirit. He is still very selfish & will burn another players confidence quickly (like he did to Diego Jota @ euro's).

If he can change his attitude to be more of a mentor, Greenwood can learn alot from him. But if he is gonna have a cry like a kid everytime he doesn't get a pass then good luck. With so much quality in the league, team unity will play a huge factor this season.

Sometimes a team is better than a collection if stars. PSG are the best example. They are nowhere near a team. I hope they never win the CL.
To be honest i find this transfer window bad for football.

Messi finally leaves Barcelona (imo in the long term a very good thing for Barcelona) and of all clubs chooses the Paris Globetrotters. How fantastic would it have been if he went to Newell's Old Boys?

Then City wants Kane and long live Daniel Levy for not letting that happen (yet).

Real Madrid have a debt of over 600 million euro, but still they can do a bid of 160 euro for Mbappé (imo this is scandalous).

And finally Ronaldo goes to Man Utd.

It can get worse if Mbappé ends up at Real Madrid and Haaland goes to PSG.

Basically there are only 5 or 6 clubs who can buy the best players...the usual suspects will always win the CL, so in the end we have some sort of Super League without having one...

Look at Club Brugge. They become champions and then have to play in group af Man City, PSG and RB Leipzig. They are the only tradition club in their group and the only one that is not cheating. Yet they haven't got the slightest chance in their group. In if by some miracle they would get out of this group (this is only for the sake of argument of course), then they will loose all their good players in the next two transfer windows. Fair competition? Not at all.

I love football, but i'm sick of the lack of fair competition.

Yeah that sounds terrible , unbelievable to get that job as well (SFA).

Watching from the outside ,Your league this year ,thinking of the two Glasgow teams much be weaker ,neither of them made any real progress in the euro cups ,at least the progress they thought they would.
Which teams are in the sphere (wrong word but you'll get it) you're in (3-6)?

Quite tough to judge this year. Top two a given. Behind that it's the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen. Motherwell might be in that mix but more likely they'll be scrapping it out for the top half with St Johnstone and Dundee United. Then the rest. Livingston looking most likely to go down.

Shaping up for a good season. Not often recently has the five biggest teams been in the top division at the same time, let alone with Motherwell and the Dundee teams in the mix too.

In if by some miracle they would get out of this group (this is only for the sake of argument of course), then they will loose all their good players in the next two transfer windows. Fair competition? Not at all

Yeah just like Ajax, Monaco and even Sparta Prague have done after doing well.

The answer would be to drop the number of subs and limit squads to 20. Spread the talent out a bit more.

Yeah just like Ajax, Monaco and even Sparta Prague have done after doing well.

The answer would be to drop the number of subs and limit squads to 20. Spread the talent out a bit more.
We also need a salary cap and perhaps some form of draft system. Both will never happen. The salary cap would be very important.

Arsenal. How can you spend around 150 million in a transfer window and basically not improve your team in any real way?

Back
Top Bottom