The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

View attachment 111116

Here we fucking go!

Are Hacken good guys or bad guys @rockstrongo?
Like American modern RnB ,useless and soul less.
They had a rough start this season ,dead last the first 5-6 fixtures ,but have picked up pace the past 5 games or so ,usually a top 4 team every year ,fast technical ,plays on artificial turf at their small stadium.
Could be a nasty suprise if they play like they can/could.
From our second city of Gothenburg= idiot's.

Depending on where you are in your build up for the season ,can be tough ,at least away.
Good luck buddy.
We're playing Slovenian Maribor ,could be a scare ,talent factory some years ,shite some other years

View attachment 111116

Here we fucking go!

Are Hacken good guys or bad guys @rockstrongo?
Awesome.

Our lot managed to beat Rangers the other day in a pre-season friendly - if we can do that, you can beat Hacken. Even if you can only do it by... Hacken'em down. (Sorry.)

Be sure to take videos, please - I miss live football. The real stuff, not Billionaire FC v Conglomerates United.

Awesome.

Our lot managed to beat Rangers the other day in a pre-season friendly - if we can do that, you can beat Hacken. Even if you can only do it by... Hacken'em down. (Sorry.)

Be sure to take videos, please - I miss live football. The real stuff, not Billionaire FC v Conglomerates United.
Went down and watched a local 7th div team the other week ,no entrance fee ,no stands just some benches ,had some food and a few beers with me.
That's how it's suppose to be man.

fast technical ,plays on artificial turf at their small stadium.
Could be a nasty suprise if they play like they can/could.

We're playing Slovenian Maribor ,could be a scare ,talent factory some years ,shite some other years

Sounds like the kind of team that could give us a doing. :-( Certainly not the type you want to play in your first game of the season. Our friendly results (all two of them) have been mediocre at best.

We played Maribor five years ago. Absolute gut-wrencher. Striker taken down by the keeper for a penalty, ref didn't play the advantage allowing the winger to put it into an empty goal. The double jeopardy rule had just been removed so the keeper only got a booking (although it was possibly deliberate and therefore a red). Striker missed his first pen in a bazillion attempts. Substitute striker got sent off minutes after coming on for using his elbows, two incidents that probably wouldn't even be fouls in Scotland. And then a 90+4 minute own goal to compound the misery, with a passback bouncing over the keeper's foot.

We've had so many nearly moments in Europe over the past few years. Dying for the group stages and some (affordable) away trips!

Awesome.

I didn't actually know that. Friendlies though... My rule is unless you win or lose a friendly by three goals or more it doesn't count! I shall endeavour to take a video. The most likely outcome is that I forget and only remember when I enter my front door at 10pm. And I'm not sure you deserve it after that pun.

Sounds like the kind of team that could give us a doing. :-( Certainly not the type you want to play in your first game of the season. Our friendly results (all two of them) have been mediocre at
These guys are 11 games in plus a cup run (we beat them in the final..fucking silverware man!)
So they're fully up and running.

We played Maribor five years ago. Absolute gut-wrencher. Striker taken down by the keeper for a penalty, ref didn't play the advantage allowing the winger to put it into an empty goal. The double jeopardy rule had just been removed so the keeper only got a booking (although it was possibly deliberate and therefore a red). Striker missed his first pen in a bazillion attempts. Substitute striker got sent off minutes after coming on for using his elbows, two incidents that probably wouldn't even be fouls in Scotland. And then a 90+4 minute own goal to compound the misery, with a passback bouncing over the keeper's foot.

We've had so many nearly moments in Europe over the past few years. Dying for the group stages and some (affordable) away trips
Yeah I get that ,same story for us ,I've seen 4 different euro runs in my life time.
Braga/Utrecht/Villareal/Partizan Belgrade.
All down the toilet ,except Vs Utrecht which gave us the Inter Toto win.

Other game's have seen us play FC Köln and this lovely game.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/the-horror-of-hammarby-2617370

Rumours are that St Mirren is still in shock.

Edit: saw the video...
That's a shit house hattrick Flip ,god damn what a cruel way to go out.

Last edited:
I try it but could nothing found for this.
It seems this is a news site with news that are some years old.

Is there no official livestream for the olympics?
No clue , I'm watching on our national TV.
Hesgoal got every obscure game ,should be there ,thing is they post games an hour or so before kick off

No clue , I'm watching on our national TV.
Hesgoal got every obscure game ,should be there ,thing is they post games an hour or so before kick off
Ok, thank you. That is very sad. But the IOC are the same capitalism bastards like UEFA and FIFA.

Sorry I'm today are little bit of angry. Konami. You know?

Brazil is pumping Germany in the Olympics right now.
3-0 after the first 45.
Edit Brazil got a pen right now.
A horrible decision by the ref.
And it's still 3-0

Brazil is pumping Germany in the Olympics right now.
3-0 after the first 45.
Edit Brazil got a pen right now.
A horrible decision by the ref.
And it's still 3-0

Watched a bit of Mexico - France, while working of course.

Football with no atmosphere - just can't do it, especially now we have crowds back.

If we both make it through ,and meet each other ,I'll fucking stab you son #begbieultras
(Congrats btw)

I'm due some trouble after near misses in Madrid, Groningen and Olomouc. Well, I got tear gassed in Olomouc but it could've been worse - some fans got a doing.

Congrats also. Looking at the draw, one would guess you have a good chance of getting through the next round, too.

I'm due some trouble after near misses in Madrid, Groningen and Olomouc. Well, I got tear gassed in Olomouc but it could've been worse - some fans got a doing.

Congrats also. Looking at the draw, one would guess you have a good chance of getting through the next round, too.
Life on the road ey!
Never had that much trouble travelling ,the derbies here though...
Yes hopefully!
Always sketchy in Balkan though who knows.
But we played five players today who's under 21 which was a joy to see ,our Yugo coach (Serb and fourth game in charge ) love those kids.

You too Flip,hope you'll get a good draw next round

Life on the road ey!
Never had that much trouble travelling ,the derbies here though...
Yes hopefully!
Always sketchy in Balkan though who knows.
But we played five players today who's under 21 which was a joy to see ,our Yugo coach (Serb and fourth game in charge ) love those kids.

You too Flip,hope you'll get a good draw next round

Mad. Saw trouble in Burnley too but was nowhere near it. Different breed of people.

It's great to see young players. We had a 17 year-old at right back, looked like a seasoned pro.

We have Austria Wien or Breidablik of Iceland. They drew 1-1 tonight. Although after the way we played tonight, no fear of either!

Mad. Saw trouble in Burnley too but was nowhere near it. Different breed of people.

It's great to see young players. We had a 17 year-old at right back, looked like a seasoned pro.

We have Austria Wien or Breidablik of Iceland. They drew 1-1 tonight. Although after the way we played tonight, no fear of either!
Nope you shouldn't fear anyone ,that's the right stuff.
Austria is a great away trip ,I've been to Austria since we have a friendship with Rapid Wien ,and that's some heated affair

Back
Top Bottom