The England Topic

nah coopz, this has tradition and dedication written all over, just like we english ;)

I cannot wait for the tourney to kick off.

If we beat france, which we are perfectly capable of, the whole country will be buzzin' just like at euro '96.

About the strikers, i think owen and rooney are two similar to play with each other. The reason they play heskey is cos he is a target man. How many times have teams played with a tall cumbersome target man and an out and out striker?

Sheringham knocking balls down to shearer, at southampton beattie for phillips, dublin to vassell, at villa

Heskey works hard but he doesnt seem to put himself about enough, goes down to easy when he should be putting his weight about more effectively.

I wish Heskey would have been at Brum the season just gone to get him in form for euro 2004

i find that roodney,vassell and owen are the same style of player...as in pick up the ball and run a defender...for heskey...well...just gotta say his form isnt too good..so i would be happier if we have a fifth striker...more of a traget manlike hesky...which left beattie...

Couldn't be bothered to post this in the said thread, but I say Sven should pick Lampard ahead of Scholes. Even Tord Grip has mentioned it a few times or the alternative to play both in the middle.

But as we know it's going to be both Scholes in the hole and Butt infront of the defenders...

"FA Cup winner and England star Paul Scholes has singled Steven Gerrard out for special praise and insisted that he's the best player in Sven Goran Eriksson's Euro 2004 squad.
It seems Gerrard is flavour of the month at Old Trafford right now. Only last week, Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson said of the Liverpool captain: "He has become the most influential player in England, bar none. Not that Vieira lacks anything, but Gerrard does more. To me, Gerrard is Keane. He is where Keane was when Roy came to us in 1993. Everywhere the ball is, he is there. He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would take Gerrard. Vieira has done that job for Arsenal for two or three years. But you can see Gerrard rising and rising."

Now Scholes has joined in on the act and says: "Steven can do anything, he's in the Vieira mould, where he can sit and hold the ball, spray it about and score goals as well. If there are any weaknesses to his game I've not seen them. Every time I play with him for England I realise what a great player he is. And he does it week in, week out for Liverpool."

It seems old trafford is in love with stevie!!! :shock:

It seems quite worrying that our England manager picked Ruud Van Nistelrooy for man of the match in the FA Cup Final over Ronaldo. Did he not watch the game?

walsh_daryl said:
It seems quite worrying that our England manager picked Ruud Van Nistelrooy for man of the match in the FA Cup Final over Ronaldo. Did he not watch the game?
That is a very valid point.

Ronaldo, Fletcher, Keane and Giggs all played better than Van Nistelrooy. It was like they'd gone,

"Oh, Ruud scored a penalty and a tap in, thats far more worthy than running the Millwall defence ragged all afternoon!"

Ronaldo-
bowdown.gif

Is this the England topic or Manc topic??

Steven Gerrard is the key to the tournament, if he has a blinder we could win.

If Owen and Rooney get amongst the goals we'll be laughing all the way to the final!

Well your mum says she can't get the shite stains out them, so she sends them to my mum's. :mrgreen:

FD

"Please remember where you are". (Keep to topic please.)

I think England have a good chance of winning this tournament espescially if as JimJoe C said Gerrard has a blinder. On paper we don't look as strong as e.g. Italy of France but I think we could do the job.

Sorry Evo, but you know what these Scots get like when there is a major tournament going on. They have to slate us to cover up the fact that they aren't there/going to get past the first round!

Aaaaannyyway, For me Gerrard is the first name on the team sheet. What concerns me is that Sven seems to want to play him on the left!

He should put Cole on the left and Gerrard and Lampard in Midfield. Rooney and Owen up front and the rest of the team picks itslef.

Okay sorry Evo, keeping it on topic.............I hope England get fucked everygame. There, that's on topic. :twisted:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Okay sorry Evo, keeping it on topic.............I hope England get fucked everygame. There, that's on topic. :twisted:

FD

Easy there jealous boyo.

We are in a group of teams behind France who can win it, without a doubt.

If us English get any Injury to are starting eleven then we are fucked!!! simple as that. Especially if Terry or Campbell get crocked who do we have who is world class to replace them with Jamie Carragher :mrgreen: I Don't think so, he's shit & shouldn't even be going.

So to put it simple Injury free & we have the talent to go all the way.

Fingers crossed lad's for a good Euro's :D :D

Just a quick question for you Scot's?? Who will you be cheering on in the Euros because It's not going to be us now is it???

So two players who had a big hand in getting thier teams to a champions league semi and quarter final arent world class then?

Well by that reckoning the entire Real Madrid team arent world class either!

In Latvia we believe.

World Class, Terry and Campbell? Get a grip.

FD

oh how i laugh at jealous scots, Campbell plays for one of the best clubs in the world and was part of the leagues best defence this year.

Hes a brilliant defender, Terry is still only 22? 23? and hes played in a semi final champions league match, hes a brilliant defender too with a fantastic future ahead of him

Dont let your heart rule your head mate

Don't be a typical English tit with your Scottish shit, he said they where world class, they are very good defenders, especially Terry, but they are not world class, don't think Campbell is and will ever be, Terry could be. World class is someone like Ayala or Maldini. World class is not England's two centre-half's, biased or not.

And wtf has playing in a CL semi-final got to do with making you a world class player? Oliver Neuville is world class then and better than Henry and Ronaldo.

FD

well how do you define world class? Ayala imo is a very good defender, as / was Maldini but i rate Campbell up there Ayala.

Its all about opinions at the end of the day becuase no one can actually prove what is and what isnt world class, but i suppose we will see in a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom