The corona thread - write your story

Hope all well.

Still working away, I was put into Isolation by Doctor and tested negative. Didn't think I had it, was having breathing issues but not sure if it's a allergy or somewhat.

Britain have totally made a #### of it and given us a horrible stat of most deaths in Europe,

Government should hang their heads in shame, don't have a clue what they're doing.

FD

Hope all well.

Still working away, I was put into Isolation by Doctor and tested negative. Didn't think I had it, was having breathing issues but not sure if it's a allergy or somewhat.

Britain have totally made a #### of it and given us a horrible stat of most deaths in Europe,

Government should hang their heads in shame, don't have a clue what they're doing.

FD

Your welcome to post Your Coronavirus issues,stay safe, but if ANYONE starts bringing politics and finger of blame into this, the thread will also go into lockdown.

So how are things going with you guys? It has been over a year since the last post here, but that fecker Covid-19 is still around. I got a surprise text this morning, offering me Janssen if I could get there in 35 minutes. I made it, so I'm pretty much just sitting at home, waiting for potential side effects. I am the last in my family to get the vaccine, but some of my siblings have yet to get a second dose. Janssen happens to be a single shot, so in 3 weeks, I will be protected, at least up to a point. I will deffo wear a mask in public for at least few more weeks though, preferably until the majority of the country is vaccinated, which I think is on track here in Iceland for late summer.

So far, all good. Thank you!

I'm also getting the vaccine at the end of the month (still don't know which one it will be).
Wife got vaccinated early this year with Moderna, she had nothing after the first dose but she almost died after the second one (well, not really, but she had a bad fever for the entire night after the vaccine, pain almost everywhere and she was feeling very tired all along). It only lasted for a day fortunately.

Life is pretty good now: the little ankle-biter is growing up well and she's a sun in our house, I'm still commuting to/from work, there's even some life here at the office (unlike last year in this period), and also free time isn't bad.
We still have to wear a mask but we're allowed to go outside, to have a walk, to visit relatives... Not bad.

All in all, despite living in an area that got hit very very hard last year (halfway between Bergamo and Milan), I'm positive (not in that way hopefully) that things are slowly falling into place again.

Hope all of you are alright too, and here's hoping we'll all come back to this thread in a few years' time and say "look, that's been a bad period but we're lucky it's all over now".

So how are things going with you guys? It has been over a year since the last post here, but that fecker Covid-19 is still around. I got a surprise text this morning, offering me Janssen if I could get there in 35 minutes. I made it, so I'm pretty much just sitting at home, waiting for potential side effects. I am the last in my family to get the vaccine, but some of my siblings have yet to get a second dose. Janssen happens to be a single shot, so in 3 weeks, I will be protected, at least up to a point. I will deffo wear a mask in public for at least few more weeks though, preferably until the majority of the country is vaccinated, which I think is on track here in Iceland for late summer.
Congratulations on getting vaccinated bro! Sounds good that you keep using the mask.. If you want to be extra careful you can wait even longer! In my case, I'm sure that even after I'm vaccinated (not too long now, I hope), I will continue to wear the mask in public for a long long time, until the pandemic is officially over everywhere.. I prefer being extra cautious.. Don't really mind using it at all, since I've been very careful from the start, with social distancing, washing hands, staying at home, and using the mask properly, covering entire mouth and nose. šŸ‘

Hope all of you are alright too, and here's hoping we'll all come back to this thread in a few years' time and say "look, that's been a bad period but we're lucky it's all over now".
Thank you buddy, same to you! I extend all our good vibes to all EVO WEB COMMUNITY, and hope that sooner or later, we can all beat this pandemic! For now, let's keep taking care bros! Best of vibes to everyone!

Last edited:
Happy to report that Janssen gave me not noticeable side effects. I have actually been sick on and off for a couple of years now, might have mentioned it before, and I was a bit apprehensive, although I was never going to turn any vaccine down. Bit mad the world today with so many not wanting vaccines, I think it is mostly the internets fault.

Vaccines are safe.
The irony is - covid vaccine had more tests than any other before, as they knew whats at stake. Reputation for companies making vaccines is everything. I do have some insight as I work in pharma and make vaccines myself. There was nothing rushed about covid vaccine development and testing. Its paperwork side of things, bureaucracy, which was sped up. And by sped up I dont mean - waived. Things that usually are being done one after another were simply done in parallel.
But when it comes to the actual development and testing - there was nothing rushed there.
So yeah, dont listen to the bullshit you hear on the internet. You will not become magnetos and (unfortunately) you will not grow second dick.
Hopefully we are approaching the finish line of this nightmare.

I had my second one yeasterday. My complete Body hurts. šŸ¤•šŸ¤ÆšŸ˜£šŸ™„

But I'm looking forward with hope that we can beat the damn virus! šŸ‘Š

I've had both now as well. The first one was no side effects apart from a very brief feeling on the second evening after having it I had that feeling where you think, hmm I'm coming down with something but when I woke up the next day that feeling was gone and I was fine. Second one nothing at all.

I am now running in DOS though and my mouse won't work.

I had My second jab back in April, Pfizer Biontech, no side effects. This year I have been clinically vulnerable due to chemotherapy
which I completed today.

All is well so far, now on to 15 rounds radiotherapy over 3 weeks to left neck area, prognosis is good.

Don't believe everything You read about the NHS, they are fucking marvels, each and every one of them.

Vaccines are safe.
The irony is - covid vaccine had more tests than any other before, as they knew whats at stake. Reputation for companies making vaccines is everything. I do have some insight as I work in pharma and make vaccines myself. There was nothing rushed about covid vaccine development and testing. Its paperwork side of things, bureaucracy, which was sped up. And by sped up I dont mean - waived. Things that usually are being done one after another were simply done in parallel.
But when it comes to the actual development and testing - there was nothing rushed there.
So yeah, dont listen to the bullshit you hear on the internet. You will not become magnetos and (unfortunately) you will not grow second dick.
Hopefully we are approaching the finish line of this nightmare.

What about the fact that the cell phone stick to your arm after the vaccine? (Tested myself).

Wait... it also works with the other arm. šŸ¤¦

Joke a side. I had no particular side effects other than the punch in the arm from my first and last injection (I got my first from mother nature (read probably contracted from one of the spotty kid at school)). I ve got moderna. It is a bit more difficult for my wife, as she feels really tired since the injection three days ago.
I ve got the corona in early November. It was certainly stronger than any flue I ve got before, but I was not feeling too bad. Just really tired and terrible headache during 3-4 days. I lost to some extent the taste and smell (I could still feel salt and sugar), but it didn't last too long. I had funny side effect, like during one day I was smelling smoke all day long without any smoke source around me. When my taste went back, it was multiplied for a few days. My coffees really tasted like if someone has put blueberry jam all around my cups.

Last edited:
I took part of the testing of Janssen (or Johnson and Johson) vaccin since january. I got 2 doses (that was the test, to see what effect two doses would have) but it turned out that i'm one of the 50% who got a placebo (water).
As a result of that, i should have got my one and only vaccin on april the 16th, but just two days before that Johnson and Johnson America decided to prohibit their own vaccin because 6 people (out of 6,8 million vaccinated) died because of trombosis. The doctor who leads the experiment here in Belgium, told met that on april the 15th all the doctors that are worldwide involved in the tests (156) had a conference call with Johnson and Johnson to ask them if they could continue to vaccinate the testers ( because we were aware of the fact that trombosis was possible. Before the vaccin was tested in Europe, it was tested in Rwanda and one person there died because of trombosis and this without apparent link to the vaccin itself. Before we started as test persons we had to sign a declaration that we were well aware that we could die and that was something quite awkward to do, we even had to fill in insurance documents in order that our family would get insurance money after our death). But Johson and Johson refused.

Finally i got my one and only Johnson and Johson vaccin on May the 27th.

As a test person i'm still being followed and that for a period of 2 years and 3 months. Every monday and thursday i have to fill in some questions about my health in an app that is on my smartphone. I did this because i wanted to help, but to my astonishment i found out that at the end of the experiment i will be paid for it (approximately 1.500 Euro's). I never did this to get money and will donate the money to MĆ©decins Sans FrontiĆØres.

For the people (like myself) who ask themselves why the test was started in Rwanda. The reason is not that those people are less worth than people in Europe, but because of the genocide at the beginning of the '90's, Rwanda is one of the youngest populatiuons in the world and because of that they are as a country the most resistent country in the world to Covid.

I only wanted my cellphone to have better signal... Could you confirm that this doesn't happen either after the vaccine? If it doesn't, I'm passing on the vaccine, I'm sorry. šŸ˜•

Here in Italy the no-vax movement is pretty big though.
There were people protesting in squares and even doing speeches against the vaccine some months ago, people who said "when you get vaccinated, Bill Gates will inject some nano-components containing mercury into your body which are 5G capable and can be remotely controlled. If you ever became inconcenient to the establishment, they'd only have to control those nano-parts via 5G and make them raise their temperature to the point you boil from the inside".

(not joking, they said it for real).
Jokes apart, getting vaxxed in a couple of weeks' time. And I wish I could actually meet Bill Gates, such an influential person (I'd definitelya sk him if the Windows 98 presentation fail was staged though, it's made me laugh a lot).

One dude I know said something about becoming a Microsoft zombie by the start of next year... I asked him if it meant that I would just outright buy Office 365 without a second thought but he didn't answer. I am still not sure if he was being serious or not.

My Mother and Sister just tested positive today, also my father showed the same symptoms as my mother and still waiting for the test result. Vaccines distribution is still slow in my part of the world, really hoping it's not the case in your part of the world, stay healthy boys and girls :D
Here's hoping for all the best to you and your family. Hope they quarantine and isolate well following all required guidelines, and that they can completely take care, recover, and stay safe, and healthy. Best of wishes to you and your relatives buddy. :TU:

My Mother and Sister just tested positive today, also my father showed the same symptoms as my mother and still waiting for the test result. Vaccines distribution is still slow in my part of the world, really hoping it's not the case in your part of the world, stay healthy boys and girls :D
All the best for you and your family bro and get well soon! Stay strong!

Sad to hear that. Hopefully they'll recover soon.

Here in Italy vaccines distribution started in a slow fashion but gained traction and now it's pretty organized. The bad thing is that, as I was saying earlier, lots of people don't want to get vaxxed because "it's a plan, with vaccines they're going to kill us all".

Do people know Bill Gates hasn't worked for Microsoft for quite a while now?
And Jeff Bezos doesn't need a vaccine to spy on you - He has an Alexa in every room in every house in 90% of the developed world.

Here's hoping for all the best to you and your family. Hope they quarantine and isolate well following all required guidelines, and that they can completely take care, recover, and stay safe, and healthy. Best of wishes to you and your relatives buddy. :TU:
All the best for you and your family bro and get well soon! Stay strong!
Sad to hear that. Hopefully they'll recover soon.

Here in Italy vaccines distribution started in a slow fashion but gained traction and now it's pretty organized. The bad thing is that, as I was saying earlier, lots of people don't want to get vaxxed because "it's a plan, with vaccines they're going to kill us all".
Thanks for the wishes guys :D
At least Euro will be my prime entertainment for the time being
Do people know Bill Gates hasn't worked for Microsoft for quite a while now?
And Jeff Bezos doesn't need a vaccine to spy on you - He has an Alexa in every room in every house in 90% of the developed world.
Well I don't own an Alexa device, but again Google and Facebook is the same thing isn't it?

Had the Pfizer jabs a while ago as I'm front line. No problems, 2nd jag, arm hurt and felt a little tired but that was it.

Mum and Dad had 2nd jabs now, brother is a conspiracy nut so he's not getting it, lol. Wife was scared to take it at first but now just waiting on her 2nd jab.

Had the Pfizer jabs a while ago as I'm front line. No problems, 2nd jag, arm hurt and felt a little tired but that was it.

Mum and Dad had 2nd jabs now, brother is a conspiracy nut so he's not getting it, lol. Wife was scared to take it at first but now just waiting on her 2nd jab.
I was scared too... There's nothing to be ashamed of.
Just got my first dose: can't leave the center for a while (I've had an adverse reaction to a med back in the day), but it's done. F**K CORONA!

Might as well give him a real jab šŸ˜…

Also just got my first vaccine shot, don't really have any side effect... At least for now...

So it seems like I have it...

Positive lateral flow test today so I took a full test and will get the result tomorrow. Have been showing symptoms the last few days, hence the lateral flow test. Nothing too sinister as yet and fully vaccinated so should be all good..

Positive lateral flow test today so I took a full test and will get the result tomorrow. Have been showing symptoms the last few days, hence the lateral flow test. Nothing too sinister as yet and fully vaccinated so should be all good..
Hope everything comes out ok buddy.. It's good you are fully vaccinated. Make sure you stay at home at least until the results come out and limit your contact with people until you know for sure.. Sending you lots of positive vibes!! :TU:

Let us know how you get on - lots of classic PES and Irn Bru! Pretty sure that stuff cures all.

Hope everything comes out ok buddy.. It's good you are fully vaccinated. Make sure you stay at home at least until the results come out and limit your contact with people until you know for sure.. Sending you lots of positive vibes!! :TU:

Cheers. Currently holed up in my games room with my girlfriend (who tested negative, curiously) running around for me so that's not so bad!

Last weekend was the busiest I've been since coronavirus kicked off as well. Busy park with my family, football, pub before and after football, shops. I may have left quite a trail. šŸ˜•

Let us know how you get on - lots of classic PES and Irn Bru! Pretty sure that stuff cures all.

Loss of taste has been a thing. Big flavours and extreme temperatures needed to elicit any response. Had a spicy chilli last night followed by ice cream. Both were really nice. I think. But Irn Bru will be asked for in a care package. Classic PES is a given.

Cheers. Currently holed up in my games room with my girlfriend (who tested negative, curiously) running around for me so that's not so bad!
Cheers bro! Hope you guys are being careful and taking precautions with each other(face mask, social distancing, washing hands, good ventilatiion in your home, etc.) until your results are out.. Hopefully they'll come out negative and everything is ok!! :TU:

Back
Top Bottom