The corona thread - write your story

Cheers bro! Hope you guys are being careful and taking precautions with each other(face mask, social distancing, washing hands, good ventilatiion in your home, etc.) until your results are out.. Hopefully they'll come out negative and everything is ok!!

Yeah, we're not going anywhere. And inside we're keeping our distance, using separate towels, etc. It's bizarre!

Last edited:
Crossing fingers for you man, hope everything goes well. 🤞
Luckily enough you're vaxxed, so hopefully your immune system could start fighting it before it could give you worse symptoms.

I also got my 2nd dose some weeks ago by the way... Apart from having to wait for the usual hour after the injection and feeling a little tired the day after, everything else went well.

Cheers. Currently holed up in my games room with my girlfriend (who tested negative, curiously) running around for me so that's not so bad!

Hope you're doing ok mate and no worse symptoms than you already had.

Last year my mate's sister who is a nurse caught it and she got it pretty bad, no hospital or anything but was laid low with it for a week or so. Her husband tested positive as did one of her sons but neither had any symptoms at all whilst her other son didn't even get it!

So it seems like I have it...

Positive lateral flow test today so I took a full test and will get the result tomorrow. Have been showing symptoms the last few days, hence the lateral flow test. Nothing too sinister as yet and fully vaccinated so should be all good..
Shit man ,you doing ok?
Guess you have to stay in the game room banging out pes videos then:)
Get well brother.

Hope you're doing ok mate and no worse symptoms than you already had.

Last year my mate's sister who is a nurse caught it and she got it pretty bad, no hospital or anything but was laid low with it for a week or so. Her husband tested positive as did one of her sons but neither had any symptoms at all whilst her other son didn't even get it!

Shit man ,you doing ok?
Guess you have to stay in the game room banging out pes videos then:)
Get well brother.

Cheers lads. Feel wiped out, physically, which is the worst part. Lack of sense of taste is a pain too. It's my birthday today (lol) and plans for a nice takeaway and homemade dessert out the window!

Getting plenty of retro PES in. Started a new ML on 2008 as my Monaco one is on hold - arsed with the recording and trimming when feeling like this. Too much thinking involved. All the stuff that went out on Twitter this week was done and scheduled over last weekend.

Cheers lads. Feel wiped out, physically, which is the worst part. Lack of sense of taste is a pain too. It's my birthday today (lol) and plans for a nice takeaway and homemade dessert out the window!

Getting plenty of retro PES in. Started a new ML on 2008 as my Monaco one is on hold - arsed with the recording and trimming when feeling like this. Too much thinking involved. All the stuff that went out on Twitter this week was done and scheduled over last weekend.
Take care buddy and happy birthday Flip.

Cheers. Just a cautionary tale. Fully vaccinated, healthy-ish, mid-30s, no underlying health conditions. And here I am, struggling to get up and down stairs two weeks after having it!
I'm 37 years old and had 2 vaccine but what you wrote here makes me a little bit nervous.

All the best for you mate! :WORSHIP:

I had my booster ( name of the 3rd one in germany) at december.

And it was the same, my left arm was hurts a little bit.

Ok time for a little update from me.

I was getting a little bit annoyed by all the restricrtions that were still present in Ireland.
The way I saw it - we had (at the time) more than 95% population vaccinated and hospital cases were stable/dropping, despite the highest number of cases.

My fear/anger had two reasons
1. We cant live like this forever
2. If we dont start exposing ourselves - some other virus will come back with a vengance. Other viruses didnt take holidays. They're out there and want their piece of cake. I was afraid that while everyone is shitting themselves about Covid - flu might mutate and wipe us out.

Anyways - not long later Irish government finally decided to remove most of the restrictions. Only masks indoors are still in place.
With 97% vaccinated now and omicron proving to be milder - there's no better time to let it burn through society and achieve herd immunity. IMO - very wise move.

I also brought my little one (7 year old) to get her jab. So me and my wife are triple jabbed - little one was waiting for a second dose.
And then it hit us. Little one got "sick" last Sunday. Tbh - we did her test mostly as a precaution and did not expect positive result. She was complaining that house was very warm (it wasnt), she was listening to the telly louder than usual (before she get sick she usually goes deaf :LOL:) and she got some sniffles on Monday.

Anyway - Monday - positive.
We had to stay home as both of our workplaces wont allow you to come to the site if you have household close contact. Didnt take long. Wednesday I tested positive (wife is still clear as I type).

Little one flew through it. By Wednesday she didnt even have sniffles anymore. By Friday she tested negative.
I have a headache, blocked nose, blocked ear and my eyes are a bit sensitive.
No cough, no fever, no muscle pains, nothing.

Just to compare - my school mate, same age as me, antivaxxer - died 2 weeks ago.
My wifes auntie was 2 weeks in ICU on oxygen before she could go to the toilet on her own.

And yet there are still morons out there who claim vaccines are scam and dont work.

So yeah - Ireland was only able to lift all the restrictions due to vaccines uptake. Despite having only 200 ICU beds in the whole country - we are able to slowly go back to normal.
And even tho I have covid as Im typing these words - I'll be having few drinks tonight and playing some games, instead of lying on hospital bed.

I was getting a little bit annoyed by all the restricrtions that were still present in Ireland.
The way I saw it - we had (at the time) more than 95% population vaccinated and hospital cases were stable/dropping, despite the highest number of cases.

2. If we dont start exposing ourselves - some other virus will come back with a vengance. Other viruses didnt take holidays. They're out there and want their piece of cake. I was afraid that while everyone is shitting themselves about Covid - flu might mutate and wipe us out.

Anyways - not long later Irish government finally decided to remove most of the restrictions. Only masks indoors are still in place.
With 97% vaccinated now and omicron proving to be milder - there's no better time to let it burn through society and achieve herd immunity. IMO - very wise move.

I also brought my little one (7 year old) to get her jab. So me and my wife are triple jabbed - little one was waiting for a second dose.
And then it hit us. Little one got "sick" last Sunday. Tbh - we did her test mostly as a precaution and did not expect positive result. She was complaining that house was very warm (it wasnt), she was listening to the telly louder than usual (before she get sick she usually goes deaf :LOL:) and she got some sniffles on Monday.

We had to stay home as both of our workplaces wont allow you to come to the site if you have household close contact. Didnt take long. Wednesday I tested positive (wife is still clear as I type).

Little one flew through it. By Wednesday she didnt even have sniffles anymore. By Friday she tested negative.

Just to compare - my school mate, same age as me, antivaxxer - died 2 weeks ago.
My wifes auntie was 2 weeks in ICU on oxygen before she could go to the toilet on her own.

And yet there are still morons out there who claim vaccines are scam and dont work.

So yeah - Ireland was only able to lift all the restrictions due to vaccines uptake. Despite having only 200 ICU beds in the whole country - we are able to slowly go back to normal.
And even tho I have covid as Im typing these words - I'll be having few drinks tonight and playing some games, instead of lying on hospital bed.

Totally agree. Also those who simply don't understand the vaccine is about resistance and mitigation. Some people were confused why I got it after I'd had both doses of the vaccine. Well...

Glad you and the family are doing well, that's the main thing.

I'm similar to you regarding the restrictions. My selflessness has met its limit. Still happy to go through the mild inconveniences like mask wearing etc but as far as closures etc goes I think it's time were cautious but confident.

I heard many stories of the little ones flying through this in record time, vaxed and unvaxed alike. two of my nephews had a rough time for about a day and then after that were good as gold. Personally I don't mind the restrictions as I have been ill on and off for almost 3 years now, something that the doctors haven't fully realized what is, so I really don't want Covid on top of that. Neither would I mind many of the restrictions being removed except for those places where people absolutely have to go, for food shopping and the like. So mask up in there, and in other crowded places, public transports, etc. If it's a concert or something, I am fine not going to that plus a mask isn't really going to help me if I hang around a positive individual for a long time.
Iceland is slowly removing restrictions now, but at the same time the schools are open and the virus is going through them like a house on fire, meanwhile the hospitals are maintaining similar covid patient numbers. So hopefully the current strain is signaling the end of all this. Still, I will be wearing a mask for a while yet, and it will be annoying as I know some people will ditch them the absolute split second they are no longer required, and after that have absolutely no regard for people who still want to maintain social distancing and mask wearing, for a number of reasons.
What worries me now is those places in the world that have barely begun vaccinations, while we have 3 and will probably be offered a 4th before millions and millions get their first. They will be breeding grounds for new strains for the near future. But let's hope for the best.

What worries me now is those places in the world that have barely begun vaccinations, while we have 3 and will probably be offered a 4th before millions and millions get their first. They will be breeding grounds for new strains for the near future. But let's hope for the best.
I imagine (hope) that this gap will be filled soon enough, one way or another.
Pfizer is at the last stage of testing tablet that could potentially replace the jab
Its a weird one, coz its like a "day after pill" - you take it when you develop symptoms. But once tablet is approved - you can make them couple of times faster than vaccines and they are much easier to transport and deliver.
To some of the poor/remote places - they use drones, or rivers to keep vaccines cool. There's a lot of gymnastics that would not be necessary once tablet hits the ground. Not to mention cost of production being much cheaper than a vial.

Back
Top Bottom