The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

The screen is SO SO good. Feels just like when I got my iPhone 4. I kind of forget how good it looks after not using it for a while then go back to it and I do a little 'Wow' in my head haha

Upgrading from a 1st gen iPad too so this feels unbelievably fast navigating around. So happy with it!

Got my one yesterday. Didn't even intend to get one! Was going to wait til the summer when I go to Vegas and get one but people in the office were talking about it and I just couldn't wait.
A pretty expensive impulse buy but I'm glad I did.

Managed to get the last 32gb wifi in John Lewis (phew)

For those looking to get one! I'd recommend John Lewis as its the same price but they give you2 yrs warranty.

m8's never had a Apple CPU, I'm strongly thinking about getting one, how is software compatible with stuff I normally used like GGS, xbox image browser, pes img browser stuff like that anything that runs on microsoft computers usually runs on Apple?

Since iOS 5.1 They have given us the Enable 3G option on the 4S! hurrah....

Not hurrah is that it turns itself back on WHENEVER IT FUCKIN FEELS LIKE IT!!

I'm on the iOS 6 beta and I have to say it's impressing me a lot! So many little improvements just make the whole package even slicker and faster.

My Mac lives!

Somehow after having to do hardware tests every time it starts in order to make sure it didn't do a kernel panic, it's now sorted itself out.

What the hell?

how did you get the beta tim? do you have a dev account?

want ios 6 soo bad - just for maps

You can usually pay someone that has a dev account to register your device's UDID - from then on you just need to install the beta. I don't think it's fully legal, but don't think it's illegal either. I did this for the iOS5 beta last year.

Alternatively, you can jailbreak I think.

^ What he said.

I am registered with IMZL and was for iOS 5 beta. Completely forgot until I realised that the iOS 6 beta was out! Bonus.

Maps isn't all that so far. Hopefully because it's in early stages, I can't get 3D or turn by turn navigation as I'm only on iPhone 4, not 4S.

Yeah I've got it now. you can actually install it without the
udid anyway. not impressed though maps is actually a wee bit shit right now. I'm using an iPad 2 btw

Oh, it's not an iPad app. I'm looking for a proper full screen iPad app.

Last edited:
Just got an iPhone 4s and need Game recommendations and also people's usernames so I can play against and see your scores etc

In short, you can install tweaks that you normally can't with stock firmwares, like NC settings:

http://cydiablog.com/ncsettings-iphone-notification-center-toggle/

One of my most frequently used apps is iFile, it's a file system browser that you can't get through the App Store:

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/eu.heinelt.ifile

With this, you could attach an SD card reader to the 30-pin slot, and lala you have extra storage. No file writing operation though!

I install a lot more tweaks on my iPhone than my iPad, but these are the two of the many modifications you can get with a jailbroken device.

I'll PM you one more thing that I can't mention in this topic.

Back
Top Bottom