Speculation Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation Transfer 05/06 Thread

Revan,
Rijkaard and Eto'o is not the big love ;)

that why i mean possible Eto'o sale, for me Henry is better

MO_DINERO said:
smily227.gif
Looks good in a Barca shirt

henry5iw.jpg

I'm back from the futur :)

Thats looks good.
Did you make that, ThomasGOAL?

Revan said:
It would be stupid to sell eto'o. He his a great and proven striker on the spanish league. And like noise said, Henry is far from being proven internationaly, although I consider him one the best in his position!
About the sponsor, they won't get the money all at once. And they have to pay the players their salaries. And a player that joins another club for more than 50M € is bound to get at least 5-6M € a year!

It's crazy to pay that much for a player. Not even Zidane at his prime would be worth that much. It's simply too much. Selling shirts won't be enough to cover the price!
You have to remember that when you pay for the player, you dont have to pay it all at once either.
When Man Utd got Rooney, they only paid £10million and said they will pay another £10million next year and the remaining £10million depending on how many goals he scores.
But all the press mention is that the deal cost £30million. £10million a year is peanuts for most teams.

RuneEdge said:
You have to remember that when you pay for the player, you dont have to pay it all at once either.
When Man Utd got Rooney, they only paid £10million and said they will pay another £10million next year and the remaining £10million depending on how many goals he scores.
But all the press mention is that the deal cost £30million. £10million a year is peanuts for most teams.

you'r right!
but...
It's crazy. This way of thinking will only make clubs plunge into debts!

And 100M€ for a player is just a fairy tale.
I don't even see abrahmovich paying that much!
If some club pays that much, I only can say that they're :crazy:, simple as that!

(There should be a smilie to simbolize madness!)

noise said:
I would like to see henry go to barcelona (not just cos i dont like arsenal), but also to see if henry really is as good as the english press hypes him up to be. Don't get me wrong henry is an amazing player and is definately the best striker in the premiership, but has he ever really captured that form permanantly on an international scale? no. At european level? No. Only twice i.e the inter and roma games in the champs league. But in my opinion, a player is not a true world class player until he has replicated his domestic form on every level they play.

i.e Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Totti, Gerrard(international is arguable), Lampard, Buffon, Cassilas, Van Nistelrooy, to name a few.

I am NOT sayin henry is not an amazing player, i just dont think that a player can truly be judged against other international players unless they replicate it CONSISTENTLY on all levels.

i tottaly agree with you..
do you guys remember when he played for JUVE?
its true though that back than he played more as a winger than a striker...but anyway..he played a very bad season for juve..

Also>
STRONG rumour..

Maldonado(Cruzeiro) --> Real Madrid

this guys is one of the most trusted players by Luxemburgo..hes married to his dotter!!! :D

I can't stand all this talk about Henry not being able to prove himself outside the prem. He has done well in the Champ league and scored against some top teams.

Theres a good reason why he's playing crap for France - the play is not suited to his style of play. He is left often restricted to the target man role (which he is not) and hence why most of the chances he gets are based around high crossed balls into the box - and lets face it, he's got a crap header.

With Arsenal, he gets a more free-er role and allowed to switch around with players. The fact is, the Arsenal system cannot work without Henry and Henry cannot work without the Arsenal system.

That is not to disregard him though - he is undoubtedly in the top 3 CF list in the world. He is consistent (two years golden boot winner - and don't give me this tosh that the Premier league is weak).

And whats wrong with having some loyalty over money for a change? He is loved by the Arsenal fans as well as all over the world. He is already considered a legend and the future is looking good as they'll be moving to a new stadium soon. What more do you want?

dont get me wrong m8..iam not saying hes not a great player(and like you said top3 in the world)
but i agree with hawke..and like you said the only problem for henry is that he needs a specific sytem played by his team to perform greatly..
unlike ronaldo, for exemple,that performs well wherever he his playing..

Legend? Hardly, he needs to prove at international level! National Side AND especially CL.

Legends are Zidane, Maradona, Pele, Platini, Eusebio and few others around the world!

So I agree with brunnoce.

AND don't get me wrong I DO consider him a fantastic striker!

the lad who wears the shirt displayed on brunnoce's avatar has had quite a season heheh :lol: forget eto'o, RVN, OR henry for that matter. come back diego, come back! :D

anyway, too lazy to flip back, anybody else mention a plausible way for united to strengthen her future in the midfield? Park Ji Sung is apparently interested in Manchester United despite being offered contract renewel by his former South Korean and present PSV manager Guus Hiddink. the english outfit will want to obtain the dutch double winners' winger anticipating the retirement of longtime veterans, including the likes of ryan giggs, paul scholes and roy keane.

-fb

i agree with you too Revan..
those you said , specially maradona and pele , whom are mre than legends, i would say football goods...
the others are legends..
and i would add Ronaldo to it...although hes never won a CL or a Seria A ,he won the most important thing:World cup, and he wasnt playing in a dream team..if you see, he was the none that carried brazil to that title, and thas remarkably specially comim back form a injury situation that many thought hed never play again... i do think hes is a player that we will remember for ages....
i am kind of fortunate, that i could see this guy(ronaldo) debut at professional football(i live in Belo Horizonte, Brazil) and i was there in everygame in hes debut year as a professional for cruzeiro.. just amazing things a 16 year old could do...never seen that(i am not old enough to say pele or maradona, im 27)..but like ronaldo there were just 2 i saw, first was Reinaldo(i dont think hes known in europe) he was a striker for my most hated team Atletico MG, he was problaby the best player inside the box(better than romario! i am sure of that) but sadly he stop playing so early cause of knee and drug problems..and the other one i think you all know ..wich is ZICO!...and i think platini was like those too..off course i am forgeting someone..but those are the one that made a big impact for me..

How come all these teams are linked with big transfers while any Man Utd news is about how their ex players are doing so well or their transfer targets wanting to join other teams?
:(

Park Ji-sung's agent Chiel Dekker has confirmed Manchester United are trying to sign the PSV Eindhoven wide man, leaving the South Korean with a difficult decision.

It seems United are after the Korean - do you think its also got to do with promoting shirt sales in korea?

Of course, the main two markets to expand in right now, are China and the USA however. I believe this is one of the reasons why Manchester Unites signed that Dong guy who is currently on loan. Also, the European club that does purchase Freddy Adu will also profit from the HUGE American market. It is the non european players that come from hugely populated countries that will have a huge effect on the marketing of these clubs.

Thats what Glazer is gonna do. Sign players like Freddy Adu and Beckham to break into the US market.
Beckham's current contract at Madrid says that the club get a percentage of some of his promotional money. I'm sure Glazer would love to get his hands on him.

Going back to the original post about Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o as the best strike force, well, I have heard the speculation that Van Nistelrooy is gonna be switched for Eto'o... So that is overridden... Because that means that Eto'o would be leaving Barca...

Speculation

Gilardino (Parma) --- AC Milan

Essien to Chelsea is looking more likely.

Is that a swap or 2 separate deals?

According to some sources, this is official -

Anderson (Gremio) > Palermo - 4 million pounds

Hes targeted by Chelsea and Benfica, but it seems he chose Palermo. Theyve labelled him the 'next Ronaldinho'.

Milanista said:
According to some sources, this is official -

Anderson (Gremio) > Palermo - 4 million pounds

Hes targeted by Chelsea and Benfica, but it seems he chose Palermo. Theyve labelled him the 'next Ronaldinho'.
Have you seen this guy? Is he any good?

Milanista said:
It seems United are after the Korean - do you think its also got to do with promoting shirt sales in korea?

I still think the biggest reason of all is just that Park is a great player and considered good enough by ManU to be the long term replacement for Giggs.

footieBalla said:
the lad who wears the shirt displayed on brunnoce's avatar has had quite a season heheh :lol: forget eto'o, RVN, OR henry for that matter. come back diego, come back! :D

-fb

Henry is this season's golden boot, with 25 league goals (out of 32 games), which is just as many as Forlan got (out of 38 games...). The other difference is that Henry did it also last season (with quite a few more than 25, can't remember how many, but in the 30's).
So for what matter exactly should we forget about Henry?

Call me paranoid but I sense a recurrent and undeserved hostility towards my fellow contryman...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom