Sony PlayStation

KOTOR (never played it but heard great things)
It was grand for what it was back then, but when Mass Effect came out - it just opened a completely different level there. Its like with Witcher 3 - they are trying to make something as deep and engaging, but all they are getting is better graphics. Cant really see KOTOR getting anywhere close to where Mass Effect got

Looks like the majority of the games aren’t coming out for a while.

God of War looks incredible in the trailer and might actually give that a go on release
Forsaken looked ‘OK’ with the trailer making it look better than it is.

I don’t know whether to be excited about KOTOR or not.
One of my favourite games of all time and probably in my top 3, but given some hit and miss remakes in the past, with the incredibly shit Mafia remake fresh in my mind, I am really doubting whether a remake is worthwhile.
The story is one of the best or if not the best story I ever played, so if they do remake it, please keep the story the same and not ruin it and try to “improve” it like they tried with the Mafia remake.

Sorry about mentioning Mafia remake too much but I can still taste the shite every time I think about it.

But give it another 2 years and I might have something worthwhile to play on my PS5.

GT7 looked great. I hope they go back to having a proper career mode like before, I think GT Sport never got a deep one.

Combat of EVE looks nice.

GoW obviously looks great if not a bit too familiar (although I really didn't get into the PS4 one, I'm sure people will like it).

Nice too see Uncharted 4 coming to PC as it brings back good memories for me. Hopefully Sony brings more games to the PC.

Can't believe I'm seeing GTA V trailers 8 years after release

Last edited:
i am old.... :D
really... there was nothing for me this time.
i wouldve loved GT7 but hey, i'm sim racing now and there is no way back! this game really looks like the best of the last years. :LOVE: a bit sad they had to scrap stuff for the smallest common denominator. ray tracing only mentioned for scapes, that true?
KOTOR... what a game, what memories... man, i was having fun years ago. not sure if i want that gem remade. i want that game as a new one... with bells and whhistles... but lets see.
Alan Wake remake... na... i aint got time for that. gave me that feeling of an old game i dont need to play (besides it being a good one, very good atmo afaik).
GOTG... na not my type of genre. the charas and fun from the movies are nice... but not enough for me.
another Spiderman...? i played that before... i'm not into all that marvel stuff at all, so no.
GOW... yeah... its nice. but again, looks like i played that before... and just for a (probably very good) story... na.
Wolverine... Mavel... yeah, i'm not into "superheros" or the likes. i like the chara Wolverine because hes badass but... na.

yep, really nothing that gets my off the couch here. but i'm sure that goes down to my new rig and how happy i am with sim racing these days. some MSFS in between and some FIFA16 on console... the day only has 24hours, tight!? :)

Last edited:
My main concern about the games coming up is the amount of sequels being released.
Sony originally used to be an innovator in the industry releasing new IP's.. But now they are worse than Nintendo with the sequels.

All the games shown were sequels, with the odd exception - Spider-Man was great but do I really want another one?

The best thing today though is accidentally opened the first page and found this:-
"Judging by the specs, and assuming they are going to be using Lower End/Mid Range Ryzen Processor and probably a NAVI 10 GPU card equivalent to an Nvidia 2070, I would expect the console to launch at £450 - £500."
Pretty much spot on with my first post prediction..

PS5 System Update is coming today, which is going to bring SSD support to the PS5.
It has only taken Sony 10 months since launch to unlock such a basic feature.

Plenty of SSD's available, but it seems the heatsinks are going to be hard to get hold off.

Personally I purchased a brand new 1TB Samsung PM9A PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD - which is an OEM version of the Samsung 980 Pro.

The drive works perfectly fine, and there is zero difference between the internal drive and the added NVMe SSD.

It was grand for what it was back then, but when Mass Effect came out - it just opened a completely different level there. Its like with Witcher 3 - they are trying to make something as deep and engaging, but all they are getting is better graphics. Cant really see KOTOR getting anywhere close to where Mass Effect got

I could see that. Assuming they don't completely muck up the remake, I'll definitely buy it for nostalgia's sake. KOTOR was the reason I bought an original Xbox in 2003. Fantastic game. As much as I enjoyed the Mass Effect universe, it isn't Star Wars (nor does it need to be).

:APPLAUD:
Hell Let Loose open beta launches on PS5 this week
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/14/hell-let-loose-open-beta-launches-on-ps5-this-week/

with the, probably, coming BF2042 release date push this week... "this BETA arrives perfectly in time"! ;)

Glad it is finally coming to console - Although I won't play it on PS5 - FPS games really suck on console.
It is so much better than BF, although I haven't played it since March.

It is a full on tactical realistic shooter, where you have to work well and stick with your team otherwise you have no chance of survival.
It plays more like BF2 than the modern day BF's which are just Call of Duty clones with vehicles.

It plays more like BF2 than the modern day BF's which are just Call of Duty clones with vehicles
So true.. I didnt like recent BFs. It lost its way and got very "arcady"..
Even tho I suck at FPS's - I was only playing on hardcore servers, as bullet sponging, jumping kangaroos, spraying bullets in the air is really not my thing..

Glad it is finally coming to console - Although I won't play it on PS5 - FPS games really suck on console.
It is so much better than BF, although I haven't played it since March.

It is a full on tactical realistic shooter, where you have to work well and stick with your team otherwise you have no chance of survival.
It plays more like BF2 than the modern day BF's which are just Call of Duty clones with vehicles.
i'll so download this today... and i hope it delivers somehow. all i want is a tactical shooter thats real and slow...

fingers-crossed-i-hope-so.gif

anyone pumped to try the HLL beta tonight!?
i'll be online for sure... maybe we can meet and form a squad that rocks the map!

psn ID: PRO_TOO
if you request to be my friend, please add a small info text who you are. thanks!

anyone pumped to try the HLL beta tonight!?
i'll be online for sure... maybe we can meet and form a squad that rocks the map!

psn ID: PRO_TOO
if you request to be my friend, please add a small info text who you are. thanks!
What's HLL? I'll add you later today.
In other news, what's going on with Sony and their deals? Double discounts.. They triple the price of the games and they do a double discount afterwards? Are they serious? We're even talking about 3-4yrs old games. I can understand there is a huge lack of decent new releases on consoles but this is totally unacceptable when you can find the physical versions of these "double discounted" games for a few pounds everywhere.

Just got my PS5 pre-ordered confirmed today by local game store for this weekend collect.
Today, i stopped by the store just testing their ps5 on display.
My first impression that this ps5 console and dualsense are not quite pleasing to the eye, at least compared to my pc built and even DS4 :LOL:.
I tried this astro game showcasing their dualsense feature, it just feel "oh nice to have that" and that's it :CONFUSE:. Strange.

I'll probably custom painted or change the plate soon. :THINK:

Just got my PS5 pre-ordered confirmed today by local game store for this weekend collect.
Today, i stopped by the store just testing their ps5 on display.
My first impression that this ps5 console and dualsense are not quite pleasing to the eye, at least compared to my pc built and even DS4 :LOL:.
I tried this astro game showcasing their dualsense feature, it just feel "oh nice to have that" and that's it :CONFUSE:. Strange.

I'll probably custom painted or change the plate soon. :THINK:

Dual sense is a gimmick and in reality a pile of cack..
I have not noticed it in any game I have played.

:ROLL:
so you've probably never played Astrobot?!

Yes, I tried it on launch for about 20/30 minutes and just thought MEH!!
Such an experience, I can't even remember it..

It's not like when I first played on a Wii and was blown away with it and still remember the first time I played Tennis on it to this day.
I can't even remotely remember Astrobot, so it couldn't of been anything special.

Last edited:

It's not like when I first played on a Wii and was blown away with it and still remember the first time I played Tennis on it to this day.
I can't even remotely remember Astrobot, so it couldn't of been anything special.
alright, all fair as we have our preferences.

i do remember it very well, as it was the game i had the first contact with haptics in a DS controller. to me it was a very nice presentation of what those haptics can be in the future... and it was well integrated into the game.
Yeah, the Wii's move controller had a similar impact on me when i frist tried them. its somethig new, off the path of regular controllers we've been using for some time now.

i have high hopes in GT7, delivering the most immersive representation of haptics in the DS. more games to come in the future too... next to the 3 dozens already supporting it.

but hey, i'm using a pretty good wheel these days... so i'm in a totally different ballpark regarding feedback. still i value the DS features...

I agree, Astro's Playroom was cool for 10 minutes but gets old quickly. I'm not interested in gimmicks, I just want a good service and good games.

The PS5 will get some damn good exclusives in time but right now it's a little sparse on quality.

Xbox Game Pass is SUCH a good deal, Sony need to come up with something similiar.

I hate the PS5 UI as well, it's crap. The PS4 was so clean and slick, why did Sony change it?!

I agree, Astro's Playroom was cool for 10 minutes but gets old quickly. I'm not interested in gimmicks, I just want a good service and good games.

The PS5 will get some damn good exclusives in time but right now it's a little sparse on quality.

Xbox Game Pass is SUCH a good deal, Sony need to come up with something similiar.

I hate the PS5 UI as well, it's crap. The PS4 was so clean and slick, why did Sony change it?!

Sony do have PSNow which is an incredibly poor version of Game Pass, but it is also only £35 a year.

what about PS+? what about the PS5 collection? plenty of exclusives included!
what are the MS exclusives you do enjoy with GPU?

Update: I got it! I pretty much got the best seller ever! He said he got a lot of mad offers but I was first so I get it for the price he put on it! What a gentleman.
It will be in my grubby hands late tomorrow!

I knew I should have bought that discounted Dualsense in the store this morning :D It was a sign from up high and I ignored it!

Update: I got it! I pretty much got the best seller ever! He said he got a lot of mad offers but I was first so I get it for the price he put on it! What a gentleman.
It will be in my grubby hands late tomorrow!

I knew I should have bought that discounted Dualsense in the store this morning :D It was a sign from up high and I ignored it!
yeah! congrats mate!

i had a similar experience when i bought the 5800XT. there is still hope in humanity! :D

what about PS+? what about the PS5 collection? plenty of exclusives included!
what are the MS exclusives you do enjoy with GPU?
It’s the entire service I love with GPU. PS+ is a bit shit.

don’t get me wrong, I love the PS5. And im looking forward to Star Wars KOTOR. I just prefer the Series X and the eco-system.

With GPU, Sometimes I will play a game on day one, The Ascent in this instance, and then continue my gaming natively, not streamed, on my laptop in bed - the Ascent save transfers over to PC. It’s so cool.

Xbox have really stepped it up and as a service and console, it’s a far better experience so far. I bought the PS5 just for exclusives and PES (which was a mistake!) and the Series X for everything else.

anyone ever had a problem verfiying their age when trying to set up a payment method? i'm running in circles here. alsways getting a message it cant be verified and i should try again! :ACHOO:
tried several times...

edit: a passport worked fine.

Last edited:
It’s the entire service I love with GPU. PS+ is a bit shit.

don’t get me wrong, I love the PS5. And im looking forward to Star Wars KOTOR. I just prefer the Series X and the eco-system.

With GPU, Sometimes I will play a game on day one, The Ascent in this instance, and then continue my gaming natively, not streamed, on my laptop in bed - the Ascent save transfers over to PC. It’s so cool.

Xbox have really stepped it up and as a service and console, it’s a far better experience so far. I bought the PS5 just for exclusives and PES (which was a mistake!) and the Series X for everything else.

PS+ is shit? It's been pumping out far better offerings than GwG, MS is not even trying in that department as they clearly want everyone on Gamepass.

Sony don't need a Gamepass service as a priority personally, MS can take the financial hit because they have deep pockets. PS Now actually offers quite a bit anyway, and I'm sure at some point PS5 games will be on the service.

Back
Top Bottom