Sky+HD

Plugging in the phone line connection to the box helped mine - without it the remote response was pretty bad. It must be some dodgy earthing thing.

Just ordered the Magic Eye, the response times have been getting progressively worse in recent days.

bloody hell guys, its only lagging for a split second lol
Nah mine would ignore about 8/10 remote button presses before plugging in the phone line. I'm sure others are the same.

Email received for the updated guide too.

Nah mine would ignore about 8/10 remote button presses before plugging in the phone line. I'm sure others are the same.

Email received for the updated guide too.

shit didnt know it was that bad mate, mine lags for a second but thats ok, is it only with the new epg?

Nah this is just the box and remote, some seem to be affected quite badly. This is without any EPG update, sorry I see where I might've crossed your wires, it was just the mention of the Samsung lag in general that set me off. :)

My new EPG came at 3:00 last night :)

Its definitely more useful than the old EPG and looks nicer

E4 HD looks like the next channel to launch, December 15th is a rumoured date.

I hope Smallville isn't too far behind.

E4 HD looks like the next channel to launch, December 15th is a rumoured date.

I hope Smallville isn't too far behind.

Yeah, I read that on AVForums. A satellite TV enthusiast over there has seen the channel being tested.

Also SkyNews HD is coming in the new year.

The more channels the better :)

Im sure i saw somewhere that MOTD and most BBC programs (eastenders ect) are moving to HD studios next year

The more channels the better :)

Im sure i saw somewhere that MOTD and most BBC programs (eastenders ect) are moving to HD studios next year

Not heard that but I wouldn't be surprised, and it's about time.

To be honest the BBC should look at setting up a second HD channel. I think they have enough content to justify it, especially with more and more shows like Top Gear in HD.

The ITV HD dog is shocking, my eyes are constantly drawn to it.

Now it is free I still need to know whether or not the £10 a month extra plus £60 installation is worth it over normal Sky +. Is the picture really that much better? I watch a lot of football so much does HD enhance it?

Cheers in advance..

The picture is alot better yeah

I even watch things i dont normally watch just because it looks fucking awesome in HD, golf for example :LOL:

Suppose it depends on the size of your TV as well though, the bigger it is the more you will notice

Also i didn't know E4 had a HD channel, they must have added it recently

Mine is on a 100" or so screen and my parents TV is 42" and it looks great on both

You will notice yeah but it just wont be as obvious as it is to people with big TVs where SD looks pretty shite

Saying that if i didn't have HD the SD picture would probably look pretty good :LOL: HD really does make a massive difference in comparison to normal TV, you definitely wont regret getting it and even if you dont think its that good on your TV it gives you an excuse to get a new bigger one where it will show its true colours ;)

Back
Top Bottom