Sky+HD

Thats probably worth it though in the long term? Do you pay a subscription? does it pick up foreign channels for example a football game which isnt on UK TV?

and at a measly £400 :LOL:

worth it mate, same as that harmony remote is for some and not for others :D

work out the sky hd, box used to be £300, then £150 now £49, then £10 subs a month for 10 hd channels and then you still need to pay a subscription

that all equates to alot more than a one off payment of £400 with no further payments needed :P

yeah but £10 a month seems better that £400 straight out that's what i mean

If you have £400 + money for the dish and stuff its definitely worth it

yeah but £10 a month seems better that £400 straight out that's what i mean

If you have £400 + money for the dish and stuff its definitely worth it

yea i know what you mean...
but it soons pays for itself thats all i ment...

i wont bother with sky hd, although i have the box until they drop the £10 charge

I was wondering what was going on, there is 31 in total, the most in Europe.

Is it legal?:JAY: Sounds pretty dodgy for a one off payment to get everything.

:JAY:

well, a motor will cost you about £50, cable and lnb £10, 80-90cm dish £40 , t and k brackets and mounting pole about £10, dreambox dm800 is £400, then you would need someone to set it up for you or you can do it yourself, i did mine myself (installer could cost £150)

so thats possibly £660

then you can get all the FTA channels around europe between for example 42e to 30w thats what i hit on the satellite arc

but then if you want pay channels, they are encrypted you can purchase a european card, there are loads, digital +, premier, sky italia, nova, digitalb the list goes on

these packages are like the equivalent to sky digital in the uk, and they also have movies and sport in english..although the movies they show on these packages are the equivalent to sky box office who charge you

they also have better movies as we are bummed in this country whatever way you look at it, the footy games are shown at 3pm on saturday unlike this country, and there is plenty of 18+ stuff to watch to

or you could go down the :JAY: root, and use special software which allows you to decrypt some paytv packages for free

or there is another route which will give you alot more, but i will not go into that here

i have a sky hd box with kids channels, music and entertainment for the mrs and kid

i have my motor setup, dreambox and the rest for me and my setup kicks skys ass:BRMM:

if you wanna be able to move your dish, you will need a motor..

you could just hook it up to 28.2e, where sky is but what would be the point in that, little sky dish and sky box does that

i currently have 30w, 12.5w, 8w, 1w, 4.8e, 7e, 9e, 13e, 16e, 19e, 28.2e

there are different packages on each satellite, so a motor will move me to each one when i wanna view a channel on that satellite..

I've wanted one of them for ages (not necessarily a £400 HD one) but I cant work out which is best to get and exactly how it works so Ive given up for the time being.

Bitter;s right we do get screwed here.

Last edited:
Anyone watch Dexter last night on FX?

That new DOG is ridiculous, they had better change it asap, thankfully its on Anytime now, so I'm going to watch it again with no DOG and no ads.

Overall the picture and sound were good but there were some instances where the PQ disappointed.

This requires that your Sky+HD box has the new EPG version.

Press "Services" on the remote control (or from the Guide go to "Options" on the top menu).

Press the down arrow, and then scroll across to "Add Channels".

Press "Select" or the down arrow, to highlight the frequency.

Using the number pad on the remote, enter the following frequency: 11.427

Press the down arrow, and use the left or right arrow to change the Polarisation from V to H.

Check that the Symbol Rate is 27.5 and that the FEC is 2/3, and adjust if necessary.

Press the yellow button to Find Channels.

Once it has finished scanning, find & highlight channel "10510" and press the yellow button to store it, and then press Select to continue.

You can now view ITV HD by going to "Other Channels" within Services/Options (it's next to "Add Channels") & pressing Select to reveal channel 10510 (ITV HD) & then pressing Select again to view it.

[As ITV HD is not in the actual EPG, the Guide & the Search/Scan banner will not show any schedule information for it. Also, I believe that you cannot use any of the Sky+ features on it (scheduled recordings, Live Pause, Instant Rewind, etc.) - although I think manual recordings should work.]

Got my new EPG overnight :)).

You mean Tims post?

If you do there just settings you put into the Sky box and there is no moving of the dish

What box have you got Tim?

The Samsung boxes are finally getting the new EPG this week.

Ditto.

Watching normal ITV on a Sky HD box test your nerves, the picture is so bad.

I've got a fucking Amstrad despite me requesting a Samsung prior to installation and moaning and moaning since so no ITV HD for me yet.

It's a joke, Sky own Amstrad so they're giving all the engineers those boxes and not the others even though they are all FAULTY and the dicks on the phone usually either deny this or tell you the error has been fixed (which it hasn't).

Tim did you lose all your recordings when you got the new EPG?

Back
Top Bottom