RUSSIA thread

Re: Russia Thread - Play with your soul! Fight till the end!

:CONFUSE:

This is a strange decision, considering the fact that hosts are usually responsible for the security and stuff like that. Most of our ultras are outrageously ill-behaving and should be banned personally, but what does the national team have to do with this? :ROLL:

If you can't control your fans then you deserve sanctions.

If you can't control your fans then you deserve sanctions.

I don't think it's a good idea to ban the whole nation because of a hundred of imbeciles.

FUCK UEFA!!!! Stupid Platini!
Poles provocateurs! It is unlikely that they will come to Russia in 2018 (unless, of course, these idiots will be bow-legged selection)

Poles behave like wild monkeys! against Russia UEFA have got a whole slew of investigations, but about the Poles 'accidentally' forget ...

until Platini led to UEFA, soccer will continue to deteriorate!

I don't think it's a good idea to ban the whole nation because of a hundred of imbeciles.

Sends a big message though.

About time UEFA/FIFA actually doled out some meaningful punishments for shit like this.

Slapping them with a measly fine will do nothing, this might make the fans think a little before they kick off (probably not though).

Is it possible for Russia and Greece to both go through?

What a story for Russia: They demolished the Czechs and then things got worse, I am really wondered to see them already on their way home.

Russia out :CONFUSE:
Are you surprised? And I not. :COAT: Russian team as weak as it was, and remains, I'm not despair, though I and all Russian fans are now beset with uncontrollable bitterness and pain away from the fact that our team presented today we. The Russian team today was just a no, a "hundred" shots, zero goals, it's just a shame! Although I am not saying that Greece is a weak team because I treat her with great respect, but I think we just had to leave the group. Shame on Russia! :RANT: In short, I am now on emotions and not be able to adequately evaluate anything, but I will say, Thanks you a ton Russia! :((

I thought Russia would win this group with ease and possibly have a shot at winning the tournament. I can't believe how this group has turned out.

Perhaps this is karma for the way the Russian fans have behaved. Kicking stewards heads in, a 5000-strong organised march through Warsaw on Russia day, and unfurling a huge imperialistic "This is Russia" banner at the stadium. They totally lacked class and couldn't put history aside as they set out to disrespect the hosts.

Good riddance.

This is really confusing stuff. You lose only 1 match by 1-0 and go home with 4 points in the group, having massacred the Czechs. I thought it would be down to goal difference in the end, and Russia would go through? But to consider head to head confrontation as the first tie-breaker can be weird sometimes... Is this criteria new? I don't remember this before.
So that means you can go home even if you thumped someone 12-0 and then end up level in points with another team who beats you 1-0 but has 10 goals less in goal difference... this is crazy! Goal difference means f*ck all then.

I think this encourages less offensive football and more bus parking, defending narrow leads and grinding out wins like Greece did today.

Anyway, Russia's football got only worse in this tournament and today they showed they cannot break down an all out defence formation.
That's a shame, they were good to watch, unlike Greece for sure!

I thought Russia would win this group with ease and possibly have a shot at winning the tournament. I can't believe how this group has turned out.

Perhaps this is karma for the way the Russian fans have behaved. Kicking stewards heads in, a 5000-strong organised march through Warsaw on Russia day, and unfurling a huge imperialistic "This is Russia" banner at the stadium. They totally lacked class and couldn't put history aside as they set out to disrespect the hosts.

Good riddance.

Total nonsense.Karma ?

The march was sanctioned by the Polish authorities. This Is Russia is just a banner. Plenty of national teams and clubs carry the odd risque banner.

The actions of a few cannot be laid at the feet of the many or perhaps England should have been thrown out of France 1998 ? Or chanting Waterloo and calling the French hosts plenty of unpalatable names.

Not to mention the xenophobia in many of the tabloid's playing on cultural stereotypes many a time be it Argentina or Spain ?

As for the team they deserve to be removed from playing for the national team. Overpaid, pampered and lazy.

Apart from Denisov. The only one to show urgency. Pavlyuchenko. The coach doesn't pick me. Crybaby. Perhaps if you showed some effort instead of rocketing the ball to the corner flag he might change his mind.

Unsurprising result. In previous games, during previous WC qualifiers even the last European Championship this element of laziness has remained. It has never been a concerted effort for the ninety minutes.

Beruzutsky's error was sheer laziness which cost the team ultimately. Advocaat also deserves blame for sticking with Kerzhakov again and if Glushakov is the next best player to replace Zyrianov then Russia have real problems going forward.

Perhaps this team should learn from the example of appointing an old style Soviet coach like Zinetula Bilyatedinov as in hockey who imposes strict discipline and work ethic and the effort put in my genuine world class stars like Evgeni Malkin who actually brought some cheer to Russia.

No doubt these pampered overpaid useless idiots will carry on in the same vein in future. The RPL would also do well to consider asking the major clubs to play Russians in key roles at clubs like CSKA and Spartak than bring in foreign players.

The youth league is all well and good but it does not replicate the conditions of first team football.

I think at the very top level Malafeev isn't a brilliant goalkeeper. He didn't make himself big for that shot and it seemed to squeeze between his body and his hand. Pogrebnyak should have come on earlier.

Perhaps this is karma for the way the Russian fans have behaved. Kicking stewards heads in, a 5000-strong organised march through Warsaw on Russia day, and unfurling a huge imperialistic "This is Russia" banner at the stadium.

FFS what's wrong with the warrior at the banner? This is part of our culture, epical heroes of ancient times, who fought for their motherland no matter what. Russia has gone through a huge number of wars and this Hero represents the unbeatable spirit that helps us every time.
Or should they ban Greek fans wearing warrior helmets and the guy dressed like one of Greek gods? Is it militaristic and imperialistic as well?

As for the march through Warsaw, it wasn't a march of glory, it was their way to the stadium. And let me remind you that it was the polish ultras who attacked the peaceful march for some stupid political reasons.
Polish ultras didn't only attack russian fans but also women and children were not safe, stones being thrown towards them.

Total inadequancy from the polish government. It is the government who should provide safety and peaceful atmosphere when holding an international event. But they couldn't even control their own brainless moron ultras who caused the mayhem.

Finally, as for the match, I'm not surprised, I'm very sad. Deeply wounded. Our team didn't show any passion, any willingness to fight. We were not tactically ready for the defending ten men of Greece.
But after all this is their fault.
We still can't become a top team like Germany or Spain that wouldn't screw everything up in the last match (Greece 2012, Slovenia 2010, etc). And probably will never become. Maybe it's just our mentalty. Think that the job is done and don't have class to finish the work.

But in the end it is the fans who suffer the most. We believed in our team, we supported it (at every match our chants were all over the place). But the team failed us. Failed like dozens of times before.

Xu67skF90Kw.jpg

Last edited:

Mixed feelings about this.
At times Russia was one of the best teams of the tournament. Dzagoev, Arshavin and their entire midfield where fantastic, but sometimes the whole team completely "disappeared".

As a football fan i'm gutted. I'm dlighted however if i think about the morons who terrorized Warsaw with their bloody stupid march and Russia day. Fuck nationalism.

Mixed feelings about this.
At times Russia was one of the best teams of the tournament. Dzagoev, Arshavin and their entire midfield where fantastic, but sometimes the whole team completely "disappeared".

As a football fan i'm gutted. I'm dlighted however if i think about the morons who terrorized Warsaw with their bloody stupid march and Russia day. Fuck nationalism.

Again it was a march sanctioned by the Polish authorities.

A small minority of thugs caused the trouble from the Polish and Russian ultras who think it somehow embodies machismo and devotion to their nation when it is just mindless thuggery.

There is nothing wrong with nationalism either to a degree and if it is shown in the right way like the Greek fans wearing hoplite Corinthian style helmets yesterday.

I think it's very insensitive to do a nationalist march on the soil of your historic arch-rivals (and i'm not speaking of football here).

I think it's very insensitive to do a nationalist march on the soil of your historic arch-rivals (and i'm not speaking of football here).

That was not a nationalist march at all.
They were just football fans on their way to the stadium, not politicians.
So you think they mustn't have attended the match because it took place on the 12th of July (Russian Day) and the poles could be offended?

We have a old team.We need to find new talents and new stars.
About our captain:He is shit.He sayed that this is a fans problem that team have not met fans expectations.
I want to forget abou footballer with name Andrey Arshavin

We have a old team.We need to find new talents and new stars.
About our captain:He is shit.He sayed that this is a fans problem that team have not met fans expectations.
I want to forget abou footballer with name Andrey Arshavin
To your dismay, does not work, since it is possible he will continue to play for Zenit. :D

To be honest, and to me this phrase has made some impression. Previously, Shava was my favorite player, even when his game was not obtained and I am was very glad of his return to St. Petersburg, but now I do not even know how I would treat him ... :ROLL:

To your dismay, does not work, since it is possible he will continue to play for Zenit. :D

To be honest, and to me this phrase has made some impression. Previously, Shava was my favorite player, even when his game was not obtained and I am was very glad of his return to St. Petersburg, but now I do not even know how I would treat him ... :ROLL:
I agree with you.He was my favourite player.And when he didn't play so good he was my favourite player.I think that part of funs of zenit will be treated as Bystrov, when he returned to Zenit.

I agree with you.He was my favourite player.And when he didn't play so good he was my favourite player.I think that part of funs of zenit will be treated as Bystrov, when he returned to Zenit.
Well, it will be seen in July when the new season of Russian championship kicks off, and now, I think, it is worth while to forget about our national team and our football players and just enjoy playing other teams, because the Euro still continues. ;)

Well, it will be seen in July when the new season of Russian championship kicks off, and now, I think, it is worth while to forget about our national team and our football players and just enjoy playing other teams, because the Euro still continues. ;)
Yes.You are absolutely right.We are lost Euro, but EURO continued. Them will play-offs,when we can see extra-level football !

I still belive ther was a lot of fail from Dick.

Kerzhakov chronicle missing whole tournament. Pav & Pog no use. Ignashevich terrible mistake.

I still belive ther was a lot of fail from Dick.

Kerzhakov chronicle missing whole tournament. Pav & Pog no use. Ignashevich terrible mistake.
You are right, Kerzhakov has 13 shots and 0 shots on target, I think this anti-record for a long time will not be beaten. :D I hope Kerzhakov will mend, as such performance is terrible for him. ;)

Back
Top Bottom