Road to Euro 2012

That is actually a good idea drekkard...on second thoughts, i agree with you all that my idea wasn't the best. It would make games even more dull and some teams would play even more defensive....
But i don't want a golden goal..that is not fair...it's against one of the biggest principles and nicest things about sport: the ability (or in this case, the opportunity) to fight back after a setback..

I don't like golden goals either. As Gerd says, it's very exciting to see how a team can overcome adversity in extra time. It makes things more epic and it's in the very fundamentals of the sport.

Another thing they could do is to add a double-penalty every 5 fouls, like in Indoor Football, for instance. That way, teams would think a lot more before committing tactical fouls, then matches would be more flowing, with less stops.

Give us our groups instead of talking, goddamn. :LOL:

Edit: By far the hardest group, but nevertheless I think we can go to the finals. Portugal and Denmark are beatable and if the Netherlands plays as they did in the friendly against us they will be vaporised again.

Last edited:
Poland -- Netherlands -- Spain ----------- Ukraine
Russia -- Germany ------ Italy ----------- Sweden
Greece -- Portugal ----- Croatia --------- France
Czech R. - Denmark ----- Rep. of Ireland - England

Thank god we slipped through every extremely difficult opponent.

By far the hardest group, but nevertheless I think we can go to the finals. Portugal and Denmark are beatable and if the Netherlands plays as they did in the friendly against us they will be vaporised again.

It's 2000 all over again mate! Confident we will go through despite being in the toughest group.

What you're talking about ? It's death group :D. Now let's be serious. You're sad about that ? It's best group that we could imagine. It's too bad that most of strong teams will play in Ukraine, and also that final is in Ukraine. Half of European community will think that Poland is pitty-host.

Comparing the current German squad with that of 2000 is a bit naive, wouldn't you say?

Mate, who were the defending Champions that time? And I'm not comparing teams but contexts and in 2000 we were the underdog for the last time we entered an Euro or WC competition. We did fine at the end so I like the underdog role.

Anybody else see England not going through?

First match nerves sees England lose to France. Next, Sweden, a draw at most, leaving a must-win against noisy co-hosts Ukraine.

Just sayin'.

Group B though, wow.

Last edited:
What you're talking about ? It's death group :D. Now let's be serious. You're sad about that ? It's best group that we could imagine. It's too bad that most of strong teams will play in Ukraine, and also that final is in Ukraine. Half of European community will think that Poland is pitty-host.
Yes, I'm sad about this, because even though we got so weak competitors (compared with groups B and C), and so Russia must necessarily leave the group, but I would like to see the game with the Russian national team in European football giants already in the group stage, because it would have been much more interesting and our players would play every game like the last, and got into such a group, they are initially favorites and most likely will not play at full strength. After all, if you're going to play in this tournament until the very end, then you should be all the same who fell in the group, as in these tournaments, light matches not be should. Well, in any case I would be willing wish his team good luck and more wins. ;)

i am glad about group b.
it is good to know that with beginning of the tournament the tension needs to high and each match will be important right from the start.
i think netherland and germany will be on the same level and portugal only a bit behind nearly on the same level will be denmark. no opponents to underestimate.
hopefully our NT can keep the good shape of the qualification, then we will have good chances to go into knockout stage. in my opinion there is no real underdog in this group - though germany and netherland seem to be a little bit stronger.

looking forward those group matches !!! :)

I agree with you we7god. The Netherlands wil have to play their best against everyone. They can't afford to spill points against Denamark.

Back
Top Bottom