RETRO - The Official Amiga Thread

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.

Among the systems on which you can play those games are Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Dreamcast, PocketPC, PalmOS, AmigaOS, BeOS, OS/2, PSP, PS2, SymbianOS/EPOC and many more...

http://scummvm.org/

------------------------

I can't recommend it highly enough. No settings to mess with, no fiddling around. You load ScummVM, point it to the folder with the game files and it adds it to your game list. You click the game and it runs, nice and easy :D

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.

Among the systems on which you can play those games are Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Dreamcast, PocketPC, PalmOS, AmigaOS, BeOS, OS/2, PSP, PS2, SymbianOS/EPOC and many more...

http://scummvm.org/

------------------------

I can't recommend it highly enough. No settings to mess with, no fiddling around. You load ScummVM, point it to the folder with the game files and it adds it to your game list. You click the game and it runs, nice and easy :D

PSP too as my missus used to play Monkey Island. Sure you can get it for DS too...

Indeed PBB, I tried it on the DS but I thought it was just a little too fiddly really.

It now plays Lure Of The Temptress, one of the best adventure games I played and probably the first I completed :)

I still don't quite get it. Is Scummvm an emulator? Where do I find the games for it? Please explain in simple terms, I am tired! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sensible Soccer on the Amiga/Atari ST was amazing. Hated the subsequent versions on SNES/Megadrive though.

Flight Of The Amazon Queen, Beneath A Steel Sky and Lure Of The Temptress are freeware and available on the ScummVM website Plan M ;)

Merging the two topics, and aiming to get back on the original topic, anyone play Waxworks on the Amiga? That was the first game that ever scared the shit outta me :( Especially the Jack The Ripper section!

You are answering a question that was asked nearly 30 month ago... :D

By the way - scumm works on the N95. I had it installed and I played "day of the tentacle" and "india jones fate of atlantis" on it !!

Back
Top Bottom