PC Responsiveness - Survey

In windows sreen settings I have only 60Hz refresh rate so I don't have a choice to set other value.

Ps. when I use Radeon pro vsync must be on because when it is off the game is mega slow (one big lag).

Last edited:
ok, so your native refresh rate with that desktop resolution is 60hz
i saw in that pic your native maximum resolution windows showing is 1680x1050

choose that resolution in pes settings.exe
no need to set refresh rate in radeon pro
-

weird your lag w/o vsync, never heard anything like that :D
but its better to play with vsync anyway, just make sure flip size queue is 1 and response should be ok
MORE response is too much imho, not meant to be played with higher response, at least here for me..

This one will happen imo. Due to replays/intros being capped at 30FPS, there is huge fluctuation on FPS causing stuttering.

Try changing Vsync to Dynamic in Direct3D Tweaks.

See if that helps.

Another placebo based program, not surprised...

Jenkey's tool doesn't do anything. For me what barely makes a change is enabling triple-buffering in RadeonPro and disabling Vsync, but forcing FPS to 100fps or else it starts fluctuating between 100 and 300 and it's just a mess.

Players moving like tanks seems to be a "feature". Menus taking forever to load too

I think you don't need JenkeyTools to improve the response. Everything already included in your video card control panel. Try fiddling or overriding anti-aliasing, vsync and pre-rendered frames first.

I did the same as LoganMac 100fps, vsync on and 3buff but this combo doesn't work, only together but still lags during replays :/

I think you don't need JenkeyTools to improve the response. Everything already included in your video card control panel. Try fiddling or overriding anti-aliasing, vsync and pre-rendered frames first.

Yes , or use Nvidia Inspector , skickahit10 posted settings a few days ago and they work great. Post #69

Wouldn't "fiddle" with settings in Nvidia control panel ever though.its a minefield.

Maybe ati users have other problems, but if u have an nvidia, u should definitely force triple buffering, vysnc on (@ 60hz if ur on a standard monitor) and power saving off at nvidia panel.

Then download jenkey tool, run and save settings as administrator. I believe the first time it failed to save the settings for me as well. But tools make game faster and more reponsive 100%. No placebo there.

I think a tutorial/sticky is in need with institutions for the Radeon users and Nvidia users with the different combinations of vsync on/off, frame rates etc etc, it's just getting confusing I've tryed loads of different ways to still no joy scrolling through posts on this thread is getting to much lol

it's not confusing for nvidia users:
1-vsync and triple buffer enabled in d3doverrider
2-prefer maximum performance/max prerender frames 1 in control panel
3-jenkey tool and save as administrator.

it's not confusing for nvidia users:
1-vsync and triple buffer enabled in d3doverrider
2-prefer maximum performance/max prerender frames 1 in control panel
3-jenkey tool and save as administrator.

Will this fix the slow motion I'm getting

Guys I found out that checking Letterboxing improve on game smoothness but there is one thing that sreen is then narrower in vertical (about 1 inch black stripe on the top and bottom side of sreen). Unfortunatelly I don't have the option in my monitor to edit screen size (only positon) so the question is there any program to make change screen size ???

Don't think so. That's the purpose of letterbox. To retain the 16:9 aspect ratio if you're using screen with different aspect ratio, by introducing the bars on top and bottom of the screen.

Guys I found out that checking Letterboxing improve on game smoothness but there is one thing that sreen is then narrower in vertical (about 1 inch black stripe on the top and bottom side of sreen). Unfortunatelly I don't have the option in my monitor to edit screen size (only positon) so the question is there any program to make change screen size ???

If You use Jenkeys fileloader on PC, the option is there for setting custom aspect ratio.

This finally worked for me after trying all the other things mentioned here, i can play it with my crappy Laptop with an Intel HD 3000 !!!! Maybe it can help some others too ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Just solved the lag problem on my CRAPPY AMD 6620 GFX card, 1.5 Quad core. Maxing FIFA and PES out NOW! Want to know how? Refreshlock!!! Put ur refreshrate to 160 and fiddle w/ the advanced settings so that you get the max refreshes in the smallest time. When you are done, add the PES14.exe into D3Doverrider and disable Triple Buffering and leave Vsync on. Then open Radeon Pro and use settings specific to your machine. I should NOT be able to run PES14 or FIFA14 on MAX graphics at 60+ and yet, I am. This is too good to be true. I would feel guilty if I didn't share my fix. I can upload my Radeon Pro settings if someone likes.

NO LAG LADS!!! ON my crappy LAPTOP. I feel like I've discovered a gold mine!!

I don't see any difference with aspect raio :(
the game is made with 16:9 aspect ratio in mind, so if you have monitor other than that, meaning a 16:10 like mine, u will always have to have black bars on top and the bottom, i think 16:9 is the way forward now...

My bad luck because I don't have hardware ability in my monitor to change screen size during playing. I would solve the problem with black bars ;)
Ps. I have only horizontal ability of changing size.

I am really sattisfied with only max prerender frames set to 1 in control panel.

V-sync and tripple buffer made the game too fast.

I am really sattisfied with only max prerender frames set to 1 in control panel.

V-sync and tripple buffer made the game too fast.
vsync lock ur fps at 60-59 something like that, triple buffering is meant for cutscenes.

Ok. I tried the same match with vsync and without. Still think it gets a bit faster when its on. Maybe also more responsive, but I prefere the slower game. Just feels more real football like.

lock ur fps at 60-59 something like that

How should I lock fps? I am nVidia user.

Ok. I tried the same match with vsync and without. Still think it gets a bit faster when its on. Maybe also more responsive, but I prefere the slower game. Just feels more real football like.

How should I lock fps? I am nVidia user.

When you turn on vsync, it automatically locks the game to 60.

Wouldn't "fiddle" with settings in Nvidia control panel ever though.its a minefield.

You can't destroy anything either so you can "fiddle" all you want. Just revert back to defaults if anything fails.
If you use an unofficial tool to tweak settings, however, I'd be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom