PC Responsiveness - Survey

defade

League 2
21 December 2008
Liverpool
EDIT: Summary 27/09/2982

Seems to be that all levels of system specs and both green and red teams having similar issues so I think we can forget the idea of this being limited to one group of system setups. We haven't had much in the way of concrete fixes either but these seem to be best:

NVIDIA:
Force vsync off to improve responsiveness. Cap your FPS to 60 (or whatever) using nvidia inspector if you're having heat issues.

ATI:
Use RadeonPro to force vsync off and cap fps to 60 (or whatever)

My RadeonPro settings (worked for me, maybe not for you)
AF x16, Flip Queue 0, vsync always on (double vsync) without triple buffering, disable aero, force process high prio, enable overdrive and 'always use highest perfomance clocks while gaming'

Some users reporting that this helps. Can't hurt to try.
...you should force PES to run dxd11, only. You can do that by adding one of these commands in pes.exe (shortcut / target field):

-dx11

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Just solved the lag problem on my CRAPPY AMD 6620 GFX card, 1.5 Quad core. Maxing FIFA and PES out NOW! Want to know how? Refreshlock!!! Put ur refreshrate to 160 and fiddle w/ the advanced settings so that you get the max refreshes in the smallest time. When you are done, add the PES14.exe into D3Doverrider and disable Triple Buffering and leave Vsync on. Then open Radeon Pro and use settings specific to your machine.

===
Original Post
===
Hi all. If you could please post your system specs and also a brief description of any slow downs or responsiveness issues that you're having with PES on the PC. Or if you're one of the lucky ones, brag about how awesome everything works!

I've heard some anecdotal accounts of the game playing better or worse on different machines and maybe we could figure out the determining factor. Anyone who remembers the INTEL vs AMD situation from a couple of years ago should see the potential value of this.

I'll go first.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: HD6870
Native Resolution: 1980x1080 - tested many others
Drivers tested: 13.9 WHQL, 13.10 BETA Sept 4th
RAM: 4GB
Other info: Tested various ways of forced vsync etc.

Issues: Button lag, slow downs and stutters in spite of maintaining 60fps. Generally very poor responsiveness.

Last edited:
Hi all. If you could please post your system
I'll go first.
my system is:
CPU:Intel Core2duo @3.0 ghz
GPU: Gt 220 1gb ddr3
Native Resolution: 1440*900 - tested many others now on 1280*800
Drivers tested: WHQL 326.01
playing on 1280*800/medium/even on high i had a constant 60fps during gameplay(no stutter,butter smooth)/fps drops down to 30-35 in entrance scene and replays.i have button lag on player switch,player control feel unresponsive when turning.

Last edited:
CPU: Intel Core I3-3240 @ 3.4 ghz
RAM: 4 GB DDR 3, 1600 MHZ
GPU: Radeon 7850 1 Gb DDR5 (overclocked)
Resolution: 1920:1080

Input lag, jerky freekick screen and replays by default. All fixed by turning Vsync on radeonPRO.

AMD FX-6100 x6
8gb Ram
Radeon 6770 1gb

1680x1050, high, 60fps throughout, 35-45 fps on replays.
Input lag is game breaking for me, player switching takes up to a second.

CPU: Core i5 2430M
GPU: Geforce 525M
Resolution: 1366x768 on laptop display, 1920x1080 on TV, High

Getting 60fps, but with significant input lag.

I had severe stuttering and responsiveness issues with PES 2013 and 12 too, was able to fix them by disabling Vsync in the game settings and force enabling it with Triple Buffering with D3DOverrider. Now it seems there's no longer an option to turn the game's Vsync off :|

my system is:
CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K
GPU: HD7950-DC2T-3GD5 V2
Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Drivers tested:
RAM: 8GB

Playing on 1920*1080 running High. The game seems to run on a solid 60 fps, but just feels slow. No slowdown during cut scenes or anything, but a slight button lag when pressing a button. Sometimes I have a rebound chance for an open goal and my player first wants to control the ball before shooting. It cant be my setup, I just think the game is unresponsive from itself.

CPU: i7 3770 @3.4GHz Turbo Boost @3.9GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 660 2gb
RAM: 16 gb ddr3
PSU: iCute 600w
Native Resolution: 1920x1080
Drivers tested: 327.23 WHQL

Issues...Slight lag in cut scenes/replays...player switching too slow...Tried v-sync on in Nvidia CP / also tried messing with pre-rendered frames & makes no difference ...switched to Assisted player switching in game & feels much better.

If you play on 1 bar assistance or less the response times get worse. The more assisted you play the better the response time becomes.

The same goes for shooting. The More manual you go the less responsive the players become. This game is disgustingly programmed.

If you play on 1 bar assistance or less the response times get worse. The more assisted you play the better the response time becomes.

The same goes for shooting. The More manual you go the less responsive the players become. This game is disgustingly programmed.

That might explain a lot, been playing almost everything full manual up till now. Will try to play with more assists, but that is actually not how I prefer the game.

That might explain a lot, been playing almost everything full manual up till now. Will try to play with more assists, but that is actually not how I prefer the game.

Raising passing assistance and turning off auto feint has helped me a bit.

CPU: Intel E8500 @4.2Ghz
GPU: ATI HD4870 512MB
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
PSU: Coolmaster 500w
Native Resolution: 1680x1050
Driver: Most recent drivers for the 4800 series
Running the game on high with a constant 60fps during gaming
Issues: Input lag got better for me after installing the patch. Players being unresponsive still exist though. Replays and cutscenes run at 35-45 fps.

OS Windows 8 64bit
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Mobo: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
RAM: 8GB corsair vengeance
GPU: Gigabyte HD 7950 OC
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb
SSD: OS+ PES, Samsung 840 256 gb

Controller input lag, seems to be a bit more playable when controller input is set to directinput rather than xinput in pes settings.

CPU: INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7950 3gb @ 1125 core, 1500 memory
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Native Resolution: 1980x1080
Drivers tested: 13.10 BETA
Other info: Played with standard settings as well as forced v-sync (+ triple buffering) through Radeonpro.

Issues:

- Input lag
- 30fps replays and cutscenes despite 60Hz refresh rate.
- Slight stutters around the halfway line
- GPU only using gaming clocks during replays and cutscenes - idle clocks at all other times.

Bottom line: the game isn't just poorly optimised - it isn't optimised for PC at all!

Last edited:
CPU: INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7950 3gb @ 1125 core, 1500 memory
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Native Resolution: 1980x1080
Drivers tested: 13.10 BETA
Other info: Played with standard settings as well as forced v-sync (+ triple buffering) through Radeonpro.

Issues:

- Input lag
- 30fps replays and cutscenes despite 60Hz refresh rate.
- Slight stutters around the halfway line
- GPU only using gaming clocks during replays and cutscenes - idle clocks at all other times.

Bottom line: the game isn't just poorly optimised - it isn't optimised for PC at all!

I got less powerful pc and replays and cutscenes runs at 60 fps. Repleys still look kinda shite in slowmotion tho.

I got less powerful pc and replays and cutscenes runs at 60 fps. Repleys still look kinda shite in slowmotion tho.

I think you misunderstand. My frame rate is a rock solid 60fps but cutscenes are clearly being rendered at a lower frame rate. Looks around 30fps to me. It's an optimisation problem.

CPU: AMD Phenom II N930 x4 @ 2.0Ghz
GPU: HD5650 1gb vram
Native Resolution: 1366x768
Drivers tested: 13.9 WHQL
RAM: 6GB

Issues: sometimes i have some lag during entrance cinematic and replays. It can happens near goal nets too

I think you misunderstand. My frame rate is a rock solid 60fps but cutscenes are clearly being rendered at a lower frame rate. Looks around 30fps to me. It's an optimisation problem.

Fraps shows 60 fps on every cutscene as well for me and it isn't laggy at all.

To me this seems to be the issue. FPS monitors are showing 60fps but the game engine, animations or whatever are quite clearly visibly not happening at 60fps. It's most obvious during corners, goal kicks, replays and cutscenes for me.

I worry that there's some new equivalent of the old frame skipping option at work so that consoles dont blow up when the crowd is visible but we haven't been left any way to change the setting.

Fraps shows 60 fps on every cutscene as well for me and it isn't laggy at all.

See defade's reply...

To me this seems to be the issue. FPS monitors are showing 60fps but the game engine, animations or whatever are quite clearly visibly not happening at 60fps. It's most obvious during corners, goal kicks, replays and cutscenes for me.

I worry that there's some new equivalent of the old frame skipping option at work so that consoles dont blow up when the crowd is visible but we haven't been left any way to change the setting.

Despite fraps showing 60fps, cutscenes clearly aren't being rendered at 60fps.

All cutscenes(intros, celebrations etc.) have no any visible lag at all for me as well, perfectly fluid.

Replays are built to be in slow motion btw and its not optimisation fault why it look crap.

Last edited:
I can confirm that replays/cut scenes are rendered at 40-45fps.
Even with very powerful GPU, it stutters (and can prove it screenies too ;))).

Gampeplay is solid 75 FPS though. Go figure!

Interesting.

I'm 100% sure that my cutscenes aren't being rendered at 60fps which is inline with the experience of most other players. I wonder why this isn't the case for you?

Using radeonPRO and forcing vsync on(no tripple buffering) , that did for me. Just tried to play without radeonPRO and stutters all over the place.

CPU: INTEL Core Duo II @ 2.88GHz
GPU: Nvidea Geforce 440
Native Resolution: 1600x by something I can't remember
Drivers tested:237. 19th September update.

Runs fine ingame, now it's rather fast and fluid on 0 speed rather than rather slow before.

Slowdowns in replays at 37-40 FPS, Goal kicks after a replay and some cutscenes. Replays are shit regardless of lag, they are too slow but the lag makes them worse. I only get this lag after possibly 3/4 games and in certain stadiums like Juventus Stadium. Needs to be fixed urgently, people aren't making nice videos of the goals because the replays are too slow and laggy to show anything.

CPU: Intel i3-2100 @ 3.10 Ghz
GPU: ATI HD6850 1GB
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
PSU: forgot
Native Resolution: 1920x1080
Driver: Most recent drivers for the 6800 series
Running the game on high with sweetFx settings and RadeonPro triple buffering on, haven't checked FPS but no slowdowns for me so far. Player response is actually ok, I've scored a few rebound goals when my striker reacted faster than the AI's defender. In fact I have more issues with Dfensive responsiveness/awareness than attacking lol

No problem with cutscenes/replays slowdown

Last edited:
CPU: Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.2Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
Native Resolution: 1680x1050 and 1920x1080
Drivers tested: 13.9 WHQL

Controller input lag is unbearable at times. Game itself runs smooth with no framerate lag. Odd thing is when I switch to vertical wide or any vertical camera(which is my favorite). This is where I have framerate issues. Very choppy and unplayable.

CPU: Intel(r) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 690
Native Resolution: 1980x1080 - using 1280x720 in PES atm
Drivers tested: latest only
RAM: 16GB

I notice a little input lag but nothing major. I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom