Pure Football gameplay mod

your mod does alot of things right. but imo the shooting is absolutely terrible. strikers will regularly miss one on ones. its either shoot straight at the keeper, or aim for the corner and watch the ball go to the corner flag. finesse shots are useless as the ball moves like a boulder. i understand what you mean about players' body should be positioned properly before they shoot, but my 90 rated striker shouldn't be failing to hit the target from the penalty spot. pls fix the the shooting mechanics
Will have to give it a look, but tbh, I can convert many times with my beast strike with 97 shooting, and in fact is quite rare that I miss shoots by too much. Also, don't use manual shooting, use semi instead.

Hi
I have noticed that if you choose the "drop back" tactic with high def workrate for midfielders that they try a bit harder to recover the defensive lanes - I am sure you noticed this already; helps tighten it up a bit

Hello brother
I wanted to ask if legendary would also ensure realistic gameplay and not world class, i feel that in world class it may be easy to atttack..
Also is playing on semi passing fine as long as every other setting (except crossing and shooting) is manual? gameplay can still be realistic right?

Hello brother
I wanted to ask if legendary would also ensure realistic gameplay and not world class, i feel that in world class it may be easy to atttack..
Also is playing on semi passing fine as long as every other setting (except crossing and shooting) is manual? gameplay can still be realistic right?
Is a matter of taste. I preffer to play WC and completely manual (no help at all) in the passing, and semi shooting, but that's just my personal prefference, the one I use and that I think it makes best gameplay, and most realistic. If you find any other setting that works for you, is just your choice, yet I can't grant you it'll give the same feeling than the settings I give.

passing feel is absolutely phenomenal, long pass is utterly inconsistent though. also the dribbling is neigh unusable, my dybala can barely turn to avoid aggressive defenders. i know you probably think the vanilla dribbling is totally unrealistic and goes against the "pure football" theme of the mods, but at least make 87+ dribble guys more agile when dribbling. thats all my gripes, but i do hope you can at least provide the more assisted long pass and more vanilla dribbling. still job totally well done on defensive side of the mods. vanilla defense is a shitfest and i would rather not going back to that again.

passing feel is absolutely phenomenal, long pass is utterly inconsistent though. also the dribbling is neigh unusable, my dybala can barely turn to avoid aggressive defenders. i know you probably think the vanilla dribbling is totally unrealistic and goes against the "pure football" theme of the mods, but at least make 87+ dribble guys more agile when dribbling. thats all my gripes, but i do hope you can at least provide the more assisted long pass and more vanilla dribbling. still job totally well done on defensive side of the mods. vanilla defense is a shitfest and i would rather not going back to that again.
Lol, wtf? No, dribble guys are agile more than enough, is a matter of knowing what you're doing. You have to take the counterstep of the defender, and in fact, I find extremely easy to dribble yet. Yeah, you can't go past defenders like in vanilla FIFA precisely to force a slower, more realistic tempo. If you don't like that, then this mod is not for you. Dribble is probably one of the things I have perfected most, and tbh, is barely a subject of change.

Learn how to do the proper skills in the proper situations, look how you can past the defender in small meters, and which angle you need to attack, stop the ball if needed, play slow tempo, with the ball controlled in your foot, try to run less, etc. And you will find that actually, you can go past defenders in many ocasions, as long as you don't try to overcome simply by trying to pass by their side, cause that obviously won't work, and they will either tackler you or follow you.

About the long pass, is an issue I've been wanting to solve for a long time, but I still have the problem of the fact that the tool I was using before is no longer working properly for me, so I'll have to see how to work this out.

btw, did you say that you can't dribble in the game? What's this then?

Lol, wtf? No, dribble guys are agile more than enough, is a matter of knowing what you're doing. You have to take the counterstep of the defender, and in fact, I find extremely easy to dribble yet. Yeah, you can't go past defenders like in vanilla FIFA precisely to force a slower, more realistic tempo. If you don't like that, then this mod is not for you. Dribble is probably one of the things I have perfected most, and tbh, is barely a subject of change.

Learn how to do the proper skills in the proper situations, look how you can past the defender in small meters, and which angle you need to attack, stop the ball if needed, play slow tempo, with the ball controlled in your foot, try to run less, etc. And you will find that actually, you can go past defenders in many ocasions, as long as you don't try to overcome simply by trying to pass by their side, cause that obviously won't work, and they will either tackler you or follow you.

About the long pass, is an issue I've been wanting to solve for a long time, but I still have the problem of the fact that the tool I was using before is no longer working properly for me, so I'll have to see how to work this out.
I swear tried it with dybala on legendary difficulty but immediately swarmed and got crunching tackles from a damn winger, lol. But I guess it's just that hard to adapt to the new dribbling system on legendary.

Too bad about the long pass. Long pass to 6.5 Abraham is my go to ways of beating the press, having it completely inconsistent making this mod unplayable due to the fact that it eliminate one of the most essential parts of football.

I'll check it out again later, hope you can fix the issue.

I swear tried it with dybala on legendary difficulty but immediately swarmed and got crunching tackles from a damn winger, lol. But I guess it's just that hard to adapt to the new dribbling system on legendary.

Too bad about the long pass. Long pass to 6.5 Abraham is my go to ways of beating the press, having it completely inconsistent making this mod unplayable due to the fact that it eliminate one of the most essential parts of football.

I'll check it out again later, hope you can fix the issue.
Legendary cheats. Play World Class. In legendary COM predicts you much more and there I recognize that it is much more difficult to dribble, specially if you're new. I am doing a new version, anyway, that will work a bit different from this one in ball touch. Still have many things to try and polish, so it will take a time, most probably.

On the meanwhile, keep practicing, it will do good to adapt to the game.

NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.5 TU17.1

Yo guys, new update here!

I've been working on making players more realistic with their movements, and also, try to make them have a better ball touch. I've been playing now for a while and it's a charm. Also touched a bit long passes and tried to make them more precise in direction, but less in which part of the ball you hit (or that's what I think I made, at least, XD) so that it can get more effect, depending also on how much fast you're going.

This is a special interesting thing. I've always tried to encourage the thing of making playing slow much more precise in opposition to playing more fast, both running with players and also about ball speed. Is easier to control a slow ball staying still, than a rocket pass while you run. I think we all agree on that. Well, in this update, I tried to make that idea consistent at every level, without making playing fast impossible, but, rewarding more likely conscious play of where and why you play fast, and rewarding also muscular memory a lot.

Also, another thing is that errors are much more common to occur when you try either a fancy pass or a pass towards your side, where you are not oriented towards, or such things, but I also want to be able to make those things, just force the player to have better muscular memory and more precision when they make a difficult pass. Another option is to take a bit of your time, and face the player you want to pass, yet this sometimes gives time for the defenders to try to close the passing lanes, so knowing how to turn fast (you have to try the different button modifiers of dribbling), having the ball close, and playing precise, is much more important now than before.

How did I got this? Making ball control more reliable. I reconstructed some ball control error ebx, changing some values on my own, and now the game feels much more consistent. Errors are less random and depend much more on how you move your player, and on their statistics. In general there are less errors, but also less perfect controls where the ball goes glued to your feet. Also changed some parameters again in physics ragdoll and actor_action and actor_movement ebx, and the match flow and tempo feels now much more natural.

Also, AI COM should be more carefull now in tackling, doing less tackles from afar and committing less, rather trying more to get close to you and take the ball away in the short space, which makes the game much more tactical. Also, for it to work, they now approach a bit slower when pressing up.

CLEAN INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

If you want to do a clean install for the mod, that is recomended even if you used 1.4, try the next. Start the game vanilla (take away the datapath prompt in Steam/EA App) and let it update/connect to the servers. If you want the new squads, get them, change anything you want, then exit.

Go to the path C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Temp and erase the FIFA 23 folder that is there. Beware that AppData is a hidden folder and you might not have activated to be able to see hidden objects in your explorer. If so, google how to do so, then come back here.

Once you've erased the FIFA 23 folder, add both mods to the mod manager, with Fair AI mod with higher priority (this means, down in the list of activated mods in mod manager) between the two. If you have more mods, is recommended to disable any other mod that might affect gameplay, but if you want to mix them anyway, keep mine with higher priority (lower number, lower position on the mod list) so that the changes apply over the other mod. Then go and put the datapath prompt thing back in Steam EA App and start the game from Mod Manager with the Delete FIFAModData and launch option (clicking by the arrow by the side of the launch button) and this time, skip connecting to the servers and play off-line.

If you ever feel like something's gone weird and are experiencing something wrong with the game, repeat this process.

DOWNLOAD

Pure Football v1.5 TU 17.1: https://mega.nz/file/P8ggiARI#qk-M1bQbxkT4-03iVaRS5tU33hsh4KsouOQs8KtzuvQ

As usually I am waiting for your feedback. Have fun, folks!​

Last edited:
How are you finding difficulty so far? What do you suggest to make it harder to lose against the AI as I'm winning against better teams even on legendary?

How are you finding difficulty so far? What do you suggest to make it harder to lose against the AI as I'm winning against better teams even on legendary?
I can't tell you, last time I tried Legendary, it was pretty rough and haven't tried again. Would need to check, but for me is not that easy (yet I don't try to exploit long spaces or CB Jockeing that much).

thanks bro !! Is compatible with fifer realism mod ???

In version 1.3 the forwards missed easy goals. Was it corrected?

Hey!! So o choosed your mod amongst the others because I think it have the best of them all. It's my first time also modding FIFA and playing FIFA in general. I'm totally new. So, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. I have fifer realism mod too, without the gameplay mod of him of course. All the modules from the pack, are up/above your two mods, with the fair ai under all, at the bottom. It's that ok? Another question, do you have new sliders options that you recommend or the first ones are still valid with the last update of the mod? Lastly, it's normal for the GK to kick and throw SUPER fast balls, like out of nowhere? It's a little immersive breaking, like, the GK touches the ball in a motion that feels like the ball will be kicked with low power and the ball goes like a cannon ball out of nowhere. It reaches the destination, but in a weird way
PD: last last question! Do I always need to start the game from the mod manager? It is normal that it always install everything like the first time again? It takes a lot, and if that's the case, it's a lot of wasted time!
Now, yes. Thanks for everything and hope you can understand me and reply.
Cheers.

This new version is great! Absolutely loving the slower build up. Unfortunately I still seem to be getting a great number of crashes. I can't seem to finish a 20m half match without a CTD.

This new version is great! Absolutely loving the slower build up. Unfortunately I still seem to be getting a great number of crashes. I can't seem to finish a 20m half match without a CTD.
Yeah, I have the same experience, a lot of crashes. I can't finish one game. Do you have the GK bug I wrote in my post up there?

I get some crashes, but still less than what people says. I only run my mods. Maybe I changed something in the fair AI files and I haven't been aware of the issues that might provoke. Is what happens with try and error method...

Still though, I don't discard that it might be conflicting with some other mod or simply stressing too much the processor to the point of colapsing, or even as I said some value that I changed aswell, that might be.

Anyway. In a different order of things, 1.6 is on the oven. I have changed many things, including ball physics so that it slides less and has more friction, both sliding and rolling (and therefore is slower and more controllable) and guess what? Works as a charm. Now players generally keep the ball closer (also changed some difficulty modifiers related to player pressure), and is much more possible to chain moves and players take less to react (yet they still do it realistically, it just feels less input lag, to say it somehow, or like the players could calculate better and faster where to hit the ball to control it properly) which is very good towards having a responsible dribble that allows you to play much faster, but also allows the COM to play faster, not only dribbling, but also passing. Tiki-taka has come back to a certain extent, and yet not as much as before, but still more than desired.

So you might be thinking... what's next, then? Well, as I see it, is the moment of working on passes. There's a concept inside the game called difficulty. Yeah, different actions have different difficulties and there are a lot of modifiers that affect to it depending on the situation, but not all actions have the same modifiers, so it'll might take me a little while.

For the moment, I could adjust the shoots so that everything affects a bit the direction impact and the game feels less stiff. My intention is to do a bit the same with passes and if there's some context modifiers for passing close to players or such (which I think there is), maybe increase that difficulty so that positioning matters more and interferes more with the vision of the rivals.

This are bare ideas that I have from starting to understand what each thing might be, but as I said, this takes a while so I will have to still do a lot of try and error to find a good balance for passes, but at least, I've got an idea in mind. Will let you know how it progresses, but I hope that sooner than later I can have 1.6 and that it feels much more balanced than other versions.

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.6 TU17.1

Alright guys... This one's got me a bit nervous. Aight... When I started playing again football videogames back in 2016 (I had stopped playing football videogames with PES 2009, that I used to play a lot with a friend on his XBOX 360, but we were neither convinced by PES or FIFA during the early 10's) I felt PES 2016 was lacking something. Yeah, you could kinda play the style of football I liked, but after a while, the game felt easy and repetitive even in the highest difficulty. Didn't try 2017 so I can't tell how it was, but with 2018, probably the devs took notes from the players, because the game became difficult... but same repetitive shit. The game felt so scripted and so rigid for so many years, that when eFootball came out in 2021... I had already decided to come back to FIFA.

FIFA... the same saga that I rejected so much time ago because it felt even more repetitive than PES, and I could control the ball as I wanted cause players didn't knew what was that thing of walking with the ball, doing small sprints instead of running like crazy, etc. It was a game that wasn't designed for slalom, precise dribblings between players, but rather, to pass the ball to your winger and overcome the defense by pure speed.

For me, it was very difficult to play it and I didn't saw any mod tackle what I was feeling that FIFA was lacking. Yeah, there's defenitely a lot of mods out there, and some very good, but I felt that acceleration and mostly player speed, would feel not on the spot I wanted. They had their own strong points (which I tried to put inside my mod), but were lacking on others or just maybe, as I say, felt, yet slower-paced than the original, too slow-paced for me.

So, I decided to do what works best when you don't find what you need. Doing it yourself. Until now, I always felt that game was lacking something and could improve in physics and ball control terms, but with this update... Uh, man. With this update, you'll feel this game in another level. I know I say this a lot of times, but this, AGAIN, feels a great step closer towards having a better game, and I feel it my best work until now, and probably, is the final polishment of the work I've been doing all this months looking for a decent ball control. There might be further adjustements, of course, but I think they won't dramatically change the ball handling cause I don't know how it could get better, that simple. Before, I used to have some times where ball rolled too far or would stay too behind when trying to power sprint dribble out of a situation. This is, when least, less common in this update, if it hasn't gone completely. But not only that.... There's much more, so let's sum it up.

Changelog:

- Ball physics: The ball now rebounds less, and less chaotically. The ball now still feels alive, but absorbs much more energy on the impacts, resulting in slower ball rebounds. So that you can get an idea, what I made, is to make the ball feel less like a billard or basketball bar, the first is just plastic or porcelain, or something like that, and doesn't absorb energy on the impacts, and the second is much more pumped and the material is just more bouncy. And that's exactly what I change, the restitution (the coefficient that decides how much energy is lost in an impact) in the lane called materials in the ball physics EBX. Not only that. I also changed the sliding and rolling friction in that same lane, and man, the difference is CRAZY. The ball is slower, specially on rebounds, BUT NOT ONLY. Now passes feel a bit better, like the ball stops more by the friction, also when you dribble, it seems much more realistic. I'd still might look at ball grip and other parameters, but for the moment, the ball feels very good, and that's a big plus to the game itself, that feels now much more fluid and with more tempo changes.

- Ball control: Ball control should now be even better, and pressure affecting it should be much more gradual, so we should see more consistent ball control under pressure, with less time loss when you're being pressed.

- Long passes: The long passes have been revamped to be more controllable, and also trying to take away that ball rocket thing that many of you told me. Let me know if you find it better now. I feel aerial balls and lobs are better now, but I still need your feedback, might need to change something else.

- Dribbling and AI: Haven't made direct changes into those, but dribbling feels much tighter because of ball physics and ball control revamps, and AI, is much more deadly if given meters, specially with the competitor mode on (for those of you that want a big challenge).

And now what?
So, you might be asking... now what? Now, is the moment of playing with the meta part of the game I haven't touched yet. Stamina. Bonuses, penalizations, how quick it deplects, for both max stamina and sprint stamina, depending on which actions, etc. etc. I'll try to penalize sprinting and high speed playing, so that waiting for the opportunity to attack, like in real football, and building up slow, gives much more advantage than running.

HOWEVER... This might take a while since I have been facing problems with stamina in the past, with FIFA 22 modding, and was something very difficult to properly nail, so I will defenitely have to check it very carefully.

For the moment, here you go with the download.

DOWNLOAD
Pure Football v1.6 TU 17.1: https://mega.nz/file/Ol4RRSLR#Q1zRuY6nIPoBmZefGrFQ4605JHaZFlOBLBNYNnYbJKM

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.6.1 TU17.1

Didn't expect to come back with an update barely 24 hours after giving you the last one, but I made some polishment to the game pressure and overall speed of the game to polish the feeling of the last update.

List of changes:
- Less speed overall for the players, to make pressure less effective and having longer posessions of the ball. The objective is that players take more time to get into a player with the ball, and therefore, you have more time to turn around and deliver the ball to a teammate.
- Reduced the defensive awareness when marking someone that doesn't have the ball. Essentially, a bit more of the same, players are not always aware of where his player without the mark is, so the objective of this is that marks are looser, specially in the middle of the pitch, also making players run less, maybe incentivating more marking swaps, and, in general,trying to have the COM playing more positional, without that meaning playing on a low block. The intention is that pressure is now much more positional, and less rushed, so that players also use less stamina (preparing for stamina rework here) and make use of the spaces more realistically, so that, again, game pace is more realistic overall and both you and your player, have time to scan the field in search of a pass or opening, but also need to do it slowly and with patience (or favor it somehow).
- Reduced range agressivenes from the CPU and changed range diving into tackle to be further, so that COM decides less to go to the ground when close to the player, since that usually tends to end in yellow cards and/or you easily bypassing them with a dribbling. The idea of this is that COM tries to be aggressive when very close to you, but without sliding, like in real life, but when it is not that close, they should stand and wait until you do a move, and should only try to tackle when you're too far and they cannot reach with normal tackle.
- Reduced general marking pressure by the COM, again, for the game pace.

I think this are all the changes, more or less, but there might be more. I don't discard a 1.6.2 sooner than expected, but I don't think I am able to get another new update as fast as this one, but who knows... For the moment, try this one and tell me what you'd change. Feedback expected!

DOWNLOAD
Pure Football v1.6.1 TU 17.1: https://mega.nz/file/j1YHyDzK#OWlFZGtS7RbF7765BXk8isuy2D4r3xIeZduWz_5w3Z0

Hello teacher. I think that in your last Gameplay you have achieved a pretty good balance. Especially in ball freedom. There are aberrant moments, like very powerful shots, and classy shots that are impossible to make.

Is there any way that the thread/spin shots could be improved? I imagine that it will not be easy to find a balance, but both in centers and in shots they have no thread.

Thank you

Hello teacher. I think that in your last Gameplay you have achieved a pretty good balance. Especially in ball freedom. There are aberrant moments, like very powerful shots, and classy shots that are impossible to make.

Is there any way that the thread/spin shots could be improved? I imagine that it will not be easy to find a balance, but both in centers and in shots they have no thread.

Thank you
What you mean by thread shots? I don't know, I wouldn't say that the power of the shots is aberrant or something. Might need to check it properly, but I feel that shots are pretty balanced.

I'm sorry. Maybe I didn't express myself well. I'm referring to the curve shots. They have too little curve and strength. And the same thing happens in the cross.

I mean it may seem like a personal taste, but I don't think it is.

Thanks

I'm sorry. Maybe I didn't express myself well. I'm referring to the curve shots. They have too little curve and strength. And the same thing happens in the cross.

I mean it may seem like a personal taste, but I don't think it is.

Thanks
Oooooooh, ok. I might give it a look, but I don't thinking they are missing so much. Will take a look if I find how, however.

Oooooooh, ok. I might give it a look, but I don't thinking they are missing so much. Will take a look if I find how, however.
Oh, thank you very much, I wouldn't want to bother you. I would love to record a video to better explain the topic. Because I highly doubt it was intentional on your part.

I follow your mods since pes2021.

Oh, thank you very much, I wouldn't want to bother you. I would love to record a video to better explain the topic. Because I highly doubt it was intentional on your part.

I follow your mods since pes2021.
Yeah, don't worry, it was just that I didn't understand what you meant by aberrant, but I got ya. I'll be looking into giving more possibility to do curve shots better, though I think it also depends a lot in the effect attribute of the player. But I'll definitely take a look to it.

hey, ive been testing the gameplay today and there is definitely a bug with shots just randomly glitching out. I tried semi and assisted and seemingly completely randomly the shot just won't happen. It happens every time with the LT shot but it happens with finesse and normal shots aswell. Everything else about the mod is very good.

edit: ive been able to get it to glitch somewhat consistently at around 2 bars of power, using 1.6.1

Last edited:
hey, ive been testing the gameplay today and there is definitely a bug with shots just randomly glitching out. I tried semi and assisted and seemingly completely randomly the shot just won't happen. It happens every time with the LT shot but it happens with finesse and normal shots aswell. Everything else about the mod is very good.

edit: ive been able to get it to glitch somewhat consistently at around 2 bars of power, using 1.6.1
It hasn't happen to me, but is true that I usually don't charge shots too much. If I manage to solve it, will be notified in the upcoming logs.

Back
Top Bottom