Premiership 05/06

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
What do you think the table will look like at the end of the season?

Here is my guess.

1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) Villa (I know its random but ive got a feeling)
4) Liverpool
5) Manchester United
6) Bolton
7) Everton
8) Tottenham
9) Boro
10) Charlton
11) Man Citeh
12) Birmingham
13) West Brom
14) Portsmouth
15) Newcaslte
16) Fulham
17) Sunderland
18) West Ham
19) Blackburn
20) Wigan

I have a vague gut feeling that Liverpool will win a two-horse race with Chelsea.
I certainly hope that Wigan will get a better result than your prediction Sulph...i consider them as my favourite English team for next season...i'm a fan of (allegedly???) lost causes...
Go Ellington, Baines e.a. !!!!

1) Manchester United
2) Arsenal
3) Chelsea
4) Middlesbrough
5) Liverpool
6) Bolton Wanderers
7) Everton
8) Aston Villa
9) Charlton Athletic
10) Tottenham Hotspur
11) Manchester City
12) Birmingham
13) Fulham
14) Portsmouth
15) Blackburn Rovers
16) West Bromwich Albion
17) West Ham United
18) Newcaslte United
19) Sunderland
20) Wigan Athletic

Any team with Souness as manager will go down.

I'm not sure about all of that (maybe Chelsea above Arsenal)... but I am sure United will win the league by atleast 5 points.

Last edited:
1) Manchester United
2) Liverpool
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Middlesbrough
6) Everton
7) Bolton Wanderers
8) Manchester City
9) Aston Villa
10) Tottenham Hotspur
11) Charlton Athletic
12) Birmingham
13) Fulham
14) Portsmouth
15) Blackburn Rovers
16) West Bromwich Albion
17) West Ham United
18) Newcaslte United
19) Sunderland
20) Wigan Athletic

Last edited:
RuneEdge said:
1) Manchester United
2) Liverpool
3) Chelsea
4) Arsenal
5) Middlesbrough
6) Everton
7) Bolton Wanderers
8) Manchester City
9) Aston Villa
10) Tottenham Hotspur
11) Charlton Athletic
12) Birmingham
13) Fulham
14) Portsmouth
15) Blackburn Rovers
16) West Bromwich Albion
17) West Ham United
18) Newcaslte United
19) Sunderland
20) Wigan Athletic

Arsenal in 4th?? :shock: How much money do you want on that?

Butatista said:
I'll give you the top four, can't be arsed with the rest.

1 Arsenal
2 Chelsea
3 ManUre
4 Liverpool
Thats a bit boring. All you did was put Arsenal at the top and the rest in order that they finished last season.

Atleast I put Liverpool in second. With a few good signings for Liverpool and another good one for Man Utd, my prediction is actually possible.

1 - Arsenal
2 - Chelsea
3 - Liverpool
4 - Man U

Got a feeling that United will have a shit season, Fergie will get sacked.

Last edited:
Wow people are discounting United a lot (other than United fans). Why's that, out of interest? They did have more shots on goal than any other team last year, plus conceded the second fewest goals, even with their rather comical goalkeepers. And liverpool...I don't know about all the optimisim, I mean away form last season?!
I'm thinking:

Chelsea
Man U
Arsenal
Lpool
Newcastle (if they play to potential...probably not going to happen)
Villa
Tottenham
Boro
Everton (no strikers...yet...)
City
Others :)

1) Man Utd (Van der Sar will help us for sure...and Park will provide some spark i believe, with rooney and ronaldo getting more mature and better cooperation!!)
2) Arsenal (I see wenger still have some things in his sleeves)
3) Chelsea (I'm sorry, yes i do hate the russian (personal hatred matter, nothing else), but since Chelsea is having a problem with signing a new striker, they can't get the people they want, and i don't see Crespo having a good season with the blues)
4) Liverpool...ahead of everton for sure...hahaha, they will have better co-operation and i think that the european champions will have a great season, but i can't see them being above the rest)

I really do feel and think that Man Utd will win other than since i am a big Man Utd fan, but with Chelsea still haveing problems with their new signings, Arsenal still has some tricks, but i can't see them winning...and Liverpool...with all my respect for the Reds, sorry, they just can't play well in the EPL

RuneEdge said:
Thats a bit boring. All you did was put Arsenal at the top and the rest in order that they finished last season.

Atleast I put Liverpool in second. With a few good signings for Liverpool and another good one for Man Utd, my prediction is actually possible.

Well no actually, since when did Liverpool finish 4th last season?

Lets face it though, the Premiership can be boring at times. Its the same old teams at the top year on year. I'd love to Liverpool put in a challenge but thats a couple of years off yet me thinks.

Just a feeling? Its almost guaranteed that they will play better. We had a shit load of injuries which cost us valuable results. If you actually count those matches as wins, we would have won the title.

LOL..and do you think every team that wins the league does it by playing every match with there best squad and have NO injuries what so ever?..bollocks.

Chelsea played most of the season without a proper LB, without Robben etc etc, they still won. Just admit UTD had a wank season, how can you count a loss as a win?

Who cares if you "coulda" won this or "coulda" won that, fact is you didnt win this and you didnt win that :)

We had about 7 of our best XI injured in the space of 2 months so shut up.

I expect Utd to finish 5th as they always underestimate lower teams.

Sulph said:
I expect Utd to finish 5th as they always underestimate lower teams.
Thats the thing that the manager has promised to not do ever again for next season.
He said that he'll put out the best team possible on every occasion.
And saying we'll finish 5th is a bit extreme. If we had won all the games where we foolishly dropped points against the lower teams, we would have won the title. You can actually count it and see that.

RuneEdge...it's fine...always protecting urself will turn to be more excuses and stuff...let our team show them how the Red Devils actually play this season....i'm sure that actions speak more than words...

even though i do agree with what u say...but u have to agree that there are always off games and stuff...so let's not IF about last season, but see how next season will come by!!! i have great feeling and can see that Man Utd will ahve a wonderous season

Chelsea also have the problem of other teams having a year off to contemplate their strategy. Mourinho brought a very different style of play to the premiership, and many didn't know what to do with it. Now they have footage, experience, should be a bit more interesting. This can be seen to some extent with Arsenal, obvisouly last year they were unbeatable, but this year teams saw that if you attacked them instead of sitting back, it worked well.

Then again that Mourinho fellow is pretty clever, so I'm sure he has an answer.

beachryan said:
Chelsea also have the problem of other teams having a year off to contemplate their strategy. Mourinho brought a very different style of play to the premiership, and many didn't know what to do with it. Now they have footage, experience, should be a bit more interesting. This can be seen to some extent with Arsenal, obvisouly last year they were unbeatable, but this year teams saw that if you attacked them instead of sitting back, it worked well.

Then again that Mourinho fellow is pretty clever, so I'm sure he has an answer.
Thats very true. People have now seen his tactics so it will be easier to counter.
It even happens with players. Ronaldo was great for us but his second season saw him being heavily marked which made it harder to do his thing on the pitch. The same will now happen with Robben.

Its what people call "Second Season Syndrome"

My guess:

01. Arsenal
02. Chelsea
03. Manchester United
04. Liverpool
05. Manchester City
06. Aston Villa
07. Everton
08. Birmingham City
09. Newcastle United
10. Bolton Wanderers