(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
Tranmere Rovers
Hey everyone!

If you're interested, a new podcast episode is available for your listening pleasure - courtesy of Footy-United.

I was lucky enough to be invited onto their show, to talk to more guys like us - two of whom have actually appeared in previous Evo-Web Interviews episodes (!) - about what we love (and hate) about modern football games. They are @checkmate10, @B-Man and @8bitJose (Twitter).

If you're interested, you can listen here:

Footy-United Podcast: Episode 35 (feat. Chris Davies)

PRO_TOO

Team Heffernan
25 May 2003
Rego Park, Germany
Team Heffernan
Hey everyone!

If you're interested, a new podcast episode is available for your listening pleasure - courtesy of Footy-United.

I was lucky enough to be invited onto their show, to talk to more guys like us - two of whom have actually appeared in previous Evo-Web Interviews episodes (!) - about what we love (and hate) about modern football games. They are @checkmate10, @B-Man and @8bitJose (Twitter).

Will listen on my way home from work!! :APPLAUD:

edit: wasnt i listening to prior episodes of the footy united podcast in my stock apple podcast app!? cant find it anymore. hm...
wanted to download before work is over...

anyway, i downloaded the file to my phone. 2 hours looks massive! :D im curious!

Last edited:

PRO_TOO

Team Heffernan
25 May 2003
Rego Park, Germany
Team Heffernan
Will listen on my way home from work!! :APPLAUD:

edit: wasnt i listening to prior episodes of the footy united podcast in my stock apple podcast app!? cant find it anymore. hm...
wanted to download before work is over...

anyway, i downloaded the file to my phone. 2 hours looks massive! :D im curious!
And it’s so good!! Straight to the cheese!!
I feel like I’m listening to like minded guys that should get heared over at Konamis!!

I’m in like only 40 minutes (my way home is 10) but dear @Chris Davies, are you using a „cans on a string“ telephone are calling from the past?! :LOL:
We can sure crowd fund a better setup for a voice that is representative but a bit scratchy right now. ;)

You’re are probably right with the old grizzly corner here at evo web!! :D

And please do link me that 2017 Review, will you?!

Now listening some more on the balcony. Lovely Thursday night.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
Tranmere Rovers
I’m in like only 40 minutes (my way home is 10) but dear @Chris Davies, are you using a „cans on a string“ telephone are calling from the past?! :LOL:
We can sure crowd fund a better setup for a voice that is representative but a bit scratchy right now. ;)
I'll have you know that was @B-Man, who sounded like he was dragging a scouring pad across his phone throughout the whole two hours...

And please do link me that 2017 Review, will you?!

Here you go: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-official-evo-web-pes-2017-review.76736/

PRO_TOO

Team Heffernan
25 May 2003
Rego Park, Germany
Team Heffernan
I'll have you know that was @B-Man, who sounded like he was dragging a scouring pad across his phone throughout the whole two hours...

Here you go: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-official-evo-web-pes-2017-review.76736/
Well, Bryan is probably holding his can against a gramophone. ;)

I mean only good when I recommend to the both of you to better that equipment. The audience will thank you big time. :)
I leave it here. No more banging on that.

I’m glad the racing analogy came up!
Not banging on that either. ;)

Edit: that comparison to fighting games is golden as well, imo. And we had those characters in our game too!! Default ML Squad anyone?!
Man!! :CURSE: This is all so unnecessary... taking the dna out of the game bit by bit....:SHAKE:

@Chris Davies when you spoke at around 1:08:00 I already had that PS5 in mind. And you are not naive backing that up while painting a beautiful, and easy to understand, picture of 22 brains to replicate. :SAL:

I appreciate you bringing up the story of you meeting Simon and how you experienced that situation (not only personally but also for the community’s good).
And the answer you gave still stands for me. As a huge, if not the biggest, top list, number one REASON to build a game around!
And this feeds back into a stat driven core of the game...
I did not drop my beverage! :D

On the manual part/the third view: so rewarding it is!! :)

On that Million dollar challenge: I’m split. Could go into that deeper. Maybe later. It might be the dumbest thing ever. ;)

Edit: finished it now. Everything was so spot on, imo and there was no “nonsense topic”! Love it.
Wish this podcast would get passed on to Konami. They ain’t got nothing to loose!!!
Just invest 2 hours while listening and get the F inspired somehow.
They just can’t say: that’s all bs. That’s not effecting our product.

But it does. It hits the games “main nails” on the head EVERY TIME!

I do support this podcast!! :TU:

Can’t wait for the follow up!!

Last edited:

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
Hey everyone!

@B-Man @Chris Davies
On 1:57:06, are you guys talking about analogue walking of PES 2018 online beta?

Last edited:

PRO_TOO

Team Heffernan
25 May 2003
Rego Park, Germany
Team Heffernan
I kept seeing this ad on the net and i thought of here, and made an ad from it. :)

View attachment 62167
man, i'm still so proud of the community and what @Chris Davies has created here (with every interviewer involved)! every time i see our logo i have good vibes coming up!
do we really need to wait till next summer for a new podcast season?? what about a christmas special? what about a new years special? :)

TheWolf

League 1
7 August 2003
Texas, USA
Manchester United
I have a Podcast, 'The Wolf AND The Shepherd'. I'd be happy to host an episode with those of you who would like to come on or I'd be willing to come on yours. I know it's been a fair while since my editing days but I've kept track of what's been going on since.

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3

Flipper the Priest

Harder.Better.Faster.Stromer.
15 July 2003
Scotland
I have a Podcast, 'The Wolf AND The Shepherd'. I'd be happy to host an episode with those of you who would like to come on or I'd be willing to come on yours. I know it's been a fair while since my editing days but I've kept track of what's been going on since.

I'd be willing. Arguably able. But not sure if I'm relevant enough!

Top Bottom