Players to watch out for?

Mathieu Debuchy is really a guy to watch out !
Hope he'll stay with Lille this season :)

Doubt it. He'll be off this summer. Chelsea should grab him since Bosingwa is gone.

Doubt it. He'll be off this summer. Chelsea should grab him since Bosingwa is gone.

Chelsea will go for Van Der Wiel imho... Wiel move to Valencia is out since they signed Perreira from Sporting...

Debuchy on other hand will probably not leave...i can´t see Lille agree moves out for their best players now they have money from Hazard deal..they will play CL and maybe next season they will sell those guys..

Did you guys saw how Zlatan behaved with Shevshenko right before the kick-off. Sheva must have had a sweet revenge, by outscoring him and beating him for that second goal. Zlatan is such an ass-hole (although he played a fantastic match).

I don't remember either. I just saw them shake hands after they shook hands with ref.

What happened?

Sheva looked at Zlatan and clearly wanted to say something, but Zlatan ignored him completely. You saw that Sheva was disappointed. They showed that at half time on Belgian television.

Denisov, but you will see his good game only if you understand football. Obviouslly many do not understand his position and importance of it.

Malafeev still in great shape, remember Porto - Zenit heroics? Well they continue on EURO. :)

I've been impressed with the little guy Václav Pilař of the Czech Republic. Quite an exciting player to watch. Wolfsburg might have made a very shrewd buy there.

Wolfsburg made a bargain with him...they will make a very big profit once they sell him, i think he was for free once his deal with Plzen ended...

In Plzen he was just on loan. He transfered to Wolfsburg from Hradec Kralove for 1 500 000 €;). But Hradec Kralove and Plzen had deal that each side will get half from that.

Karim Benzema, Arjen Robben, Jan Huntellar...........................

There's a viscious rumour going around that these guys were/are supposedly at Euro 2012.

So if you can watch out for them and let me know, cheers in advance.

FD

surprised that the Ukraine's Devich hasn't been written yet. he was quite impressive apart from his finishing. oh wait, he's 28 years old. wow, never knew of the guy before the tournament tbh, maybe I've heard about him from the highlights of the second leg of Metalist-Olympiakos draw in EL and from the matches against Beşiktaş and Galatasaray some years ago.

It's Devic. He's Croatian or Serbian actually, I forget which.

He transferred to Shakhtar from Metalist just before tourney. He's a good player and in my opinion Ukraine's best forward these days. Was surprised f'n Voronin was selected ahead of him and then Milevskyi. Him and Sheva should've played together.

Anyway, a player to watch out for in case some missed his group stage performances is Petr Jirasek! For me, he's being the best Czech player and one of the primary reasons they finished with 6 points. VERY skilful player. Good left-foot and tries hard!

Pilar wasn't an unknown to me as I mentioned him before the tournament starts as a player to watch out for on page 1, having seen him in Champions League with Viktoria Plzen but Jiracek, I knew nothing about and so was very pleasantly surprised with.

Anyway, a player to watch out for in case some missed his group stage performances is Petr Jirasek! For me, he's being the best Czech player and one of the primary reasons they finished with 6 points. VERY skilful player. Good left-foot and tries hard!

Pilar wasn't an unknown to me as I mentioned him before the tournament starts as a player to watch out for on page 1, having seen him in Champions League with Viktoria Plzen but Jiracek, I knew nothing about and so was very pleasantly surprised with.

I agree, Petr Jiráček has been one of the break-out players of the tournament. A very exciting player to watch and I love the retro early-nineties Italian footballer hair.

Wolfsburg have made two very good signings in Jiráček and Pilař.

I was worried for the Czech Republic coming into this tournament. They looked to be at their lowest ebb with a weak looking squad, their 'golden generation' mostly retired, and very little goal scoring threat. I've been pleasantly surprised by them. Some reasons to be positive if I was a Czech fan. They still need a clinical striker though.

Jiráček is the kind of player Czech NT missed since Nedvěd retired..

Pilář will end up at a top club at some point of his career...with all respect to Wolfsburg..

So now? Before the semis who will be the hottest stuff on the market?

i vote for Ochoa, Origi and James Rodriguez. mainly mexican, algerian, colombian players

Last edited:
apart from the save on neymar's header I haven't seen anything exceptional from ochoa. it's all the shots straight at him(don't tell me it's his great positioning LOL) and he acted as if he saved the planet earth(and commentators too). if anything, I can name at least 8 gks in this wc I've been impressed more than him.

Last edited:
apart from the save on neymar's header I haven't seen anything exceptional from ochoa. it's all the shots straight at him(don't tell me it's his great positioning LOL) and he acted as if he saved the planet earth(and commentators too). if anything, I can name at least 8 gks in this wc I've been impressed more than him.

yeah, yeah. tell that to Hart, Sirigu, Casillas, Pletikosa, Muslera and the other stars too!
:SMUG:
nhyrds.gif

BitterTerrificBlacklemur.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom