PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

Re: PES vs. FIFA - The Thread

Nothing surprising in any of that, and i think most people, both pes and fifa fans will agree with the score based on what they are rating(sound/features/graphics/teams/etc). Shame there was no mention of gameplay as that is still a determining factor for most/all of us.

First thing I thought to be honest with you, if there's no mention of gameplay then it's hardly fair as everything else is a bonus.

But it's nice to see FIFA getting recognition without the words "YOUR GAME IS CRAP LOL" added onto the end.

Firstly I respect the guys opinion but gameplay is the biggest factor and he didn't really mention it.

Regarding commentary know one has really given us a proper preview as to what PES 2008 is like this year but PSM3 did say that it was a lot better and less repetitive but Fifa has Martin Tyler and Andy (YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!) Gray and I know who I'd rather have. :lol:

New Additions and Licensing can be argued both ways.

When I skim through the preview again 6 nil seems very, very harsh but if PES was to score only one goal then it would be gameplay every time and thats the most important thing.

One question to the preview: They played both games or only make a comparison of the information from ea and konami?

Sounds like a comparison.

ok lets see:

FIFA 1 - 0 PES

Our Commentary Team

agree

FIFA 2 - 0 PES

Online Coverage

agree ...yes fifa have the better online modes,but the problem is the gameplay of fifa 07. I mean the bugs which make the gameplay online not enjoyable.

FIFA 3 - 0 PES

Full Time Highlights

agree...but this is not important for a game..in my opinion. it is only a bonus for the gamers. For me a stupid point. But hey why dont he mentioned the xbox cam feature. Which allows you to scan your face in the game? That would be point for pes.

FIFA 4 - 0 PES

Licensing

agree but for me its not a big problem to patch pes or put op on my mc and play with every good team.

FIFA 5 - 0 PES

New Additions

In this point he only compare information from ea and Konami. About gameplay .... . But he dont have played the game.

FIFA 6 - 0 PES

I've always been a Pro Evo guy myself but as I said in my opening statement, this really could be FIFA's year.

i accept the opinion of this guy but the problem is he never played both games. He only believe in the information of konami and ea. (you know ea have better marketing).

But what is MORE important for you guys? gameplay or the other stuff?

......and the last point is:

FIFA 6 - 10 PES
Gameplay

\\:o/

Last edited:

Well I can put up to 6-1 :D Editing function :D

Also should go back to 5-1 as commentary isnt a fair one to say now as they are basing it on older versions, and PES has new commentators to start.

Also online for PES hasnt been confirmed or anythign yet has it?

But otherwise good review, but tbh they arent big deals, what happened to overall sound and overall graphics and shite? But gameplay is where it is at, but yeah good review, just hope I aint buying Fifa 08 for a bunch of useless features because the game doesnt play well...

How are the online leagues set up on line for fifa aswell, are there cups and crap, deadlines for games etc?

How did I forget the edit mode, tactics n strategies is another goal for me.

I have to say online leagues is a 30 yard screamer for Fifa. NBA 2K8 will give me that fix.

ok so placebo, if you were too take all of the manager modes and licenses and teams from fifa but you were playing pro evo's engine, how would you feel?

Unhappy, compared to next gen Fifa I don't like the gameplay of PES, for me it's overly fast and arcadey. I'm also not impressed at all with the graphics of PES, obviously so far we've only seen screenshots and video footage but to me it does not look anything close to a "real match", graphical style is cartoony, I prefer Fifa's realistic look. Add to that, Fifa looks next gen, whereas PES looks like a tarted up current gen game (IMO).

Fifa looks GREAT till you play it. Something is always wrong.

Floating ball physics?
Unmarked teammates?
Players who superhumanely change directions and dribble styles in milliseconds?

List goes on:

Unrewarding goals.
Ugly scored goals.
...yadi yada.

It's just boring to play.

PES2008 sucks RELATIVELY. (in comparison to what it could have been)
FIFA has far too many minor gameplay issues to be fixed with amazing graphics.

For me, it all comes down to this: Do I enjoy playing this game?

Not manual passing.
Not tricks.

Only pure enjoyment, and the rewarding feeling of scoring a goal on a difficult setting at an AWAY game against a tough team. Only PES provides that feeling.

Fifa looks GREAT till you play it. Something is always wrong.[/B]

I've played Fifa08 and I know it plays great, so I'm afraid it's unlikely your pro-PES based comments will work on me ;)

I look forward to trying the PES2008 360 demo, even though I'm not expecting to be impressed, I didn't think much of The Darkness and Bioshock from watching trailers, playing the demos is what convinced me they were great games :)

Unmarked teammates?
Floating ball physics?
Unmarked teammates?

List goes on:

Unrewarding goals.
Ugly scored goals.
...yadi yada.

and PES doesn't have this stuff? come on now.. hmmm PES AI does crazy ass super human chit more than any game in video game history.... EVER..!

look.. I'm a PES fan myself.. but this bias crap has got to stop. I think everyone here was once an PES fan or they wouldn't be here.

I use to bash FIFA in the past 2.. but now I am a fan of both and want to enjoy both games and hope that I at least have a great time with one of the games this year. I will buy both.. as PES doesn't come out until long after FIFA in the US on the 360.

here is a funny glitch I just seen today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-3Fbi6GI1E

Last edited:

Thats pes you are talking about surely? FIFA's problem was the speed and response time :lol: Have you seen the videos? Its pes thats now super duper fast. Sometimes you do really wonder if people have actually looked at the latest game, or two, or are just basing it all on the version released 5 years ago (which was cack!). Although you could understand why they are basing it on the 5year old version, its the last time pes did anything new ;)

Last edited:
Why change the title of the thread to Fanboy fight thread?

Well people who argue and fight and namecall and get all mardy about a bit of constructive criticism = fanboy, those who are happy to debate the issue, don't start crying if someone says the characters look like monkeys and the like, they're just gamers IMO :)

Its very disappointing, it was fine the way it was, its just gonna go downhill now.

Tobi, the thread was a piss-take anyway designed by ThomasGOAL to remove FIFA fans from the PES2008 thread. It didn't work, so it might as well die a death.

Actually it didn't work in terms of the PES fans coming into Fifa threads to cause shit, most who're leaning towards Fifa this year stopped posting in the PES thread comparing the two games (myself included).

Can we please have a moment of silence for the thread that never was...

:( :lol:

First time i come in this thread...also the last time...
The most useless and stupid thread ever...
Does it matter to convince other people which game is the best if you are convinced that one of both is the best...jesus...
I know, that's what forums are for, but forums are supposed to be fun, to be positive...what a wast of time, intelligence, bandwith...

If i was a mod (luckily i'm not), i would close this thread.

I will buy both games and play them both, but i think it would be wise not to say what i think about it...and by the way does one really need to be better than the other????

Bye bye...

in the first place WHY ARE they fifa fanboys in a pro evo forum>? doesnt make sence

I'm not a FIFA fanboy, but I imagine if there are FIFA fanboys here, then it's because they came here as they loved PES but have got disgruntled with it over time and have started to enjoy FIFA more as of late.

That's the reason I'm here, cuz I used to love PES, but now I find FIFA more enjoyable. Not to say PES is crap and FIFA is the only thing anyone should play. Each to their own and whatever makes you happy is the right game to play :)

Fifa 26 - 11 PES

Manager Mode

This could go on all day......

So you give 10 points for managermode too? Manager or Masterleague Mode is only one peace of the game. Maybe 10%. BUT the Gameplay is MUCH more important thats why i give 10 points and not one or two. I cant understand why you give manager mode 10 points.

edit: pes08 gamespeed is to fast,because of the widescreen tvs on GC!

Back
Top Bottom