PES 6 Stats Adjustment to make the game harder

Topaz

Programmer/TheAwesomeGem
21 October 2011
United States
Chelsea, Spain
Is there anything I can do to make the game harder? I wish I could get the gameplay like PES 2008 PS2 version in PC but the emulator makes the game too grainy and stuttery. The defensive AI isn't that bad but the CPU attack is way too predictable.

On PC you can enable Superstar difficulty and boost teamwork stat of opposition teams or players over a certain age with global stat editor. Edit your teams stats to normal and have a policy to purchase unmodified youth players

Wii version uses PES6 engine,difficulty and creativity of opposition AI in PES 2013 wii is best under this engine due to having massive development budget compared to later PS2 legacy edition releases. The game is however stiff and degree of freedom in movement is lower than PC.

PES 2018 > PES6 regards to offline play though. You should upgrade

Thanks for that. While PES 2018 is harder than PES 6, my only problem with PES 2018 is how stats doesn't affect much of the outcome of player actions.

I think i reposted this. You can increase universal AGILITY,RESPONSE,TEAMWORK and GK Ability.A +5 in these stats especially in Response makes the AI much more difficult in PES 6 when stats did matter a lot.

I think i reposted this. You can increase universal AGILITY,RESPONSE,TEAMWORK and GK Ability.A +5 in these stats especially in Response makes the AI much more difficult in PES 6 when stats did matter a lot.
Why things like this are not more famous here? I mean, shit... This should be the standard. I played so many PES 6 games and the gameplay is so easy that is unninstall it in 5 minutes. I made just this few changes with pes editor and AI is AMAZING suddenly. Maybe this could be improved even further... I tried some new patches with 2020/2021 season transfers and the gameplay is shit, even the child could beat the AI. I wonder... maybe these changes can be used on all of this patches.

Why things like this are not more famous here? I mean, shit... This should be the standard. I played so many PES 6 games and the gameplay is so easy that is unninstall it in 5 minutes. I made just this few changes with pes editor and AI is AMAZING suddenly. Maybe this could be improved even further... I tried some new patches with 2020/2021 season transfers and the gameplay is shit, even the child could beat the AI. I wonder... maybe these changes can be used on all of this patches.
Did you only apply +5 to Agility, Response, Teamwork and GK Ability or more adjustments ?

Did you only apply +5 to Agility, Response, Teamwork and GK Ability or more adjustments ?
I applied just that stats, no more and I played Croatia vs England. England totally destroyed me with cool moves, shoots and incredible goals. Later I played Newcastle vs Manchester United and I won, it was a different game. I would like more of this stats, with the same mindset of making the game harder. Also I play on game speed 0.882 with PES 6 Original Season patch.

Hey dude, sorry for being late. I needed to do a quick research first to my archives.

Those stats suggestions, I observed them in an OF I had downloaded back in 2012, it was named PES6 superstar Level Option File, and IIRC I found it in pesgaming or in pes fan.

It is not a project of mine, just to clarify.

The philosophy of the OF was in the description, that it boosted the CPU difficulty.

After browsing to Formation screens, I noticed first the Agility and response in all CB and GK, and latter in all players.

What I want to conclude, this is a dated by now observation.

A whole research on how PES6 works after editing specific stats has been made since then. Sorry that I can't find the links now, but there is a whole Stats formula excel here in Evoweb, sorry can't remember the user.

Also @mattmid has made countless different projects, with changes for all tastes. Stats for smoother gameplay, for better AI, for better CPU vs CPU matches, for fixed player ML prices.

Last edited:
Hey dude, sorry for being late. I needed to do a quick research first to my archives.

Those stats suggestions, I observed them in an OF I had downloaded back in 2012, it was named PES6 superstar Level Option File, and IIRC I found it in pesgaming or in pes fan.

It is not a project of mine, just to clarify.

The philosophy of the OF was in the description, that it boosted the CPU difficulty.

After browsing to Formation screens, I noticed first the Agility and response in all CB and GK, and latter in all players.

What I want to conclude, this is a dated by now observation.

A whole research on how PES6 works after editing specific stats has been made since then. Sorry that I can't find the links now, but there is a whole Stats formula excel here in Evoweb, sorry can't remember the user.

Also @mattmid has made countless different projects, with changes for all tastes. Stats for smoother gameplay, for better AI, for better CPU vs CPU matches, for fixed player ML prices.

Where are these formulas from @mattmid, i'm curious ?

In retro corner he has posted many times. The most recent I remember was the Teamwork/Aggresion? formula for better CPUvsCPU matches.

Also it is not only matt. It's @geeeeee also with his stats for PES2008ps2. And many other guys, who I can't recall unfortunately. When people don't use avatars, and every 2nd person is nicknamed matt+something, it is impossible for me to remember everyone.

I don't think I ever posted up any formulas as such, rather commented on things as and when I was making OF's. Also as things were spread over many years and a couple of PC's I don't think I even have some of the excel sheets that I had them on any more. The one definite thing I found which I initially used for CPU v CPU matches was to set DRB SPD to 99 for all players as it gets rid of that 'dwelling' on the ball that the CPU does. I found it worked pretty well to play against too because that AI dwelling coupled with our manic pressing as a human player always made it easier to dispossess the AI I thought, so largely eliminating that made the AI seem to get on with things quicker when in possession.

I also found out recently that if you use PeterC10's editor and import csv you can set the values over 99 (all the way up to 127 but only do it to 113 because an upwards form arrow that will cycle that stat back into a low total - ie 114 * a possible 12% increase will round up to 128 and therefore become 0.)

So my thinking is with this you should be able to make the AI players even better and harder to paly against - the only thing I'm not quite sure on is that it says 95-99 is a bigger increase than the usual gap of 1 but what happens when they are in the 100's I don't know. But it stands to reason they must go that high because after all a player with a high 90 stat and a red arrow has to be 'internally' above 100 for that game.

I haven't done much testing of it but I am 100% convinced that speed for certain is increased. I set one player to 113 and took control of him for a match and I was haring around way faster than any other player, also shot power was visibly faster too. Whether they all work I don't know, I have no reason to think not simply because as I said a red arrow on a high 90 stat has to go into the 100's anyway in the default game.

The other interesting thing is it doesn't show in the editor in game - it will only display as 99 but in the pre game formation screen you can see the full three digit figures. Set a team at 113 for everything give it to the AI and play against them and see what you think.

and every 2nd person is nicknamed matt+something
:LOL:

I don't think I ever posted up any formulas as such, rather commented on things as and when I was making OF's. Also as things were spread over many years and a couple of PC's I don't think I even have some of the excel sheets that I had them on any more. The one definite thing I found which I initially used for CPU v CPU matches was to set DRB SPD to 99 for all players as it gets rid of that 'dwelling' on the ball that the CPU does. I found it worked pretty well to play against too because that AI dwelling coupled with our manic pressing as a human player always made it easier to dispossess the AI I thought, so largely eliminating that made the AI seem to get on with things quicker when in possession.

I also found out recently that if you use PeterC10's editor and import csv you can set the values over 99 (all the way up to 127 but only do it to 113 because an upwards form arrow that will cycle that stat back into a low total - ie 114 * a possible 12% increase will round up to 128 and therefore become 0.)

So my thinking is with this you should be able to make the AI players even better and harder to paly against - the only thing I'm not quite sure on is that it says 95-99 is a bigger increase than the usual gap of 1 but what happens when they are in the 100's I don't know. But it stands to reason they must go that high because after all a player with a high 90 stat and a red arrow has to be 'internally' above 100 for that game.

I haven't done much testing of it but I am 100% convinced that speed for certain is increased. I set one player to 113 and took control of him for a match and I was haring around way faster than any other player, also shot power was visibly faster too. Whether they all work I don't know, I have no reason to think not simply because as I said a red arrow on a high 90 stat has to go into the 100's anyway in the default game.

The other interesting thing is it doesn't show in the editor in game - it will only display as 99 but in the pre game formation screen you can see the full three digit figures. Set a team at 113 for everything give it to the AI and play against them and see what you think.

:LOL:
Who had a whole post dedicated to altered stats? @Chenghis.Khan ,someone else with history related nickname?

I remember you guys bquoted something last year that lead me to an old topic and an excel maybe with some complicated stats sheets.

Com'on Matt, help my memory that is fading out.. :P

@slamsoze I'll get someone to post it in the message before this one :LOL: I was just trying to recall who it was then read Alex in Chenghis.Khan's post.

On a slight tangent to this I recently stumbled across this site who I knew of from years back that did American Sports stats but now do football. https://fbref.com/en/squads/f3a5726c/Panathinaikos-Stats

You'll notice some blanks there but the English/Italian/Spanish/French and German have full stats even down to Xg's on an individual level.

I was toying around with using some of the real stats they have to use for PES stats and then for those that don't really have a stat that could be applied perhaps using PSD stats to fill in the blanks as it were.

For instance a real shots on target % for Shooting Accuracy then perhaps add an amount to it as the maximum is around 50%. Perhaps using their goals against expected goals for Shooting technique and so on.

One other thing I've been thinking about testing is to give all the players high ATT/DEF stats and then much lower and varied stats on other things my thoughts being that the high ATT/DEF will give them a level of competency and then the more varied stats with bigger ranges between better and worse players will bring out more individuality.

At the moment though I can't get in the editing mood to try it out.

I'm not necessarily looking to make PES 6 harder, yet, but I would like to make the gameplay a bit slower, with more physicality, and the ball a bit heavier.. Could any of you guys give me a hand to see if this is possible? I am quite new to PES 6 and don't know the tools yet. Thanks in advance!

I'm not necessarily looking to make PES 6 harder, yet, but I would like to make the gameplay a bit slower, with more physicality, and the ball a bit heavier.. Could any of you guys give me a hand to see if this is possible? I am quite new to PES 6 and don't know the tools yet. Thanks in advance!
You should go for something like AMADOR approach, regarding building stats, not so extreme low and unorthodox, as AMADOR, but in a similar manner. @mattmid is the man again! :)

Somewhere on this website I found Alex gameplay formula, using PES Fan Editor you adjust player stats globally. It included things like reduction of pass speed, balance etc. My feeling is it leads to more fouls. I don't play Pes 6 very often nowadays but when I do I use this Alex formula and lower speeder settings, something around 0.9/0.95 I think. If you don't find the exact formula (I think it was uploaded here as a word document) I can look for it later, got it somewhere on my computer.

As @slamsoze mentioned, with the Amador patch we tried to replicate Amateur football with much lower stats than you would normally see. This led to lots more fouls including from the AI and yet still some really good goals at times too even amongst the wayward shots. Might be worth you downloading and seeing how it plays and from that you might get an idea of whereabouts you want the player stats to be (probably somewhere in the middle between regular and Amador). Lowering Balance will lead to more fouls and players being knocked over in challenges, lowering Agility will lead to slower movement, turning etc. Lowering technique and reaction can be good too. As @Fenomeno9 mentioned the speeder file in Kitserver you can drop to 0.9x to lower speeds but also you can lower them globally in the editor for each player as an alternative.

I once started a South American OF maybe 3-4 years back and was testing out really low player speed (10-30 if I remember correctly) and it was actually quite enjoyable! I'll try to find it and upload it if you want. I didn't get that far with it but had a few Brazilian/Argentinian teams done. I may have even had a couple of Colombian teams done, I can't quite remember how far I got - my idea at the time was to do that season's copa libertadores teams and I think I got maybe 10-15 teams into it but then got sidetracked testing out different player speeds and low ratings, in fact I think that may well have been what led to the Amador idea.

I tried many of Sany's installer patch, and if there's one thing i hate the most : is changing stats with formula.
When i see it : i erase instantly. Hate it / there's some unlockable feints related with stats, and i prefers the vanilla gameplay the way those genius from the time designed it..
Well i prefers to play with the vanilla game for those time but i'm not against changing the gameplay neither, at least for at try, but never change the stats system : just some errors or corrections etc. well, like height or weight.
The game is old, you can try to change some algorithm or effect to the core.

Also it cause issues if the player got "98" and the consign is "+5" or "+10" etc. how do you do that? The calculations are bad. You have to for example, play with - percentage and + in number for having a larger scale and never ever be over or under.

Like for example reduce some percentage. Idea? As i understood more or less that PES 5 and 6 where not totally similar, i understood why if you want to truely convert a player from PES 5 to PES 6 here's the (95% players, some are forgot or untouched, or some limitations i don't know... Whatever)
It's about "Balance".
They made a calculation, and i checked if you remember it was related to the arrows form (where different only for Balance in PES 5 to 6)
So the range as changed.
I'll take for example, just checked the player who got the lower balance in PES 5 (and 6 too) : Beasley, the US player.
Beasley was 60 on PES 5, 55 on PES 6 on Balance.

The calculation i maded and i was always right was ("Stat" -110%) +10. With that, you'll never get a result over 99 or under 0 (well 0 > 1 )
So Beasley for example : PES 5= 60. ("60 - 110%) + 10 = 55. You can also enlarge that stuff like 150% +50, there won't be any issue, but the stats will be lower for every players. And if he got 99, he will keep 99. But don't enlarge to much or you will loose some stats. I mean directly passing from 97 to 95 etc.
That's what you're looking for so, it's a solution with pace, biggest difference between player or i don't know.

But NEVER forget that stats in PES are linked to feints and special skills, practically all stats are involved. I posted an example in i don't remember what thread, Retro or Efootball about the PES 2008 book with the DVD. Higher stats rank, higher degree of feints. There were 4 degree of a similar feint (more and more effective) regarding the values.

Another example but that one i didn't really understood, you can check : they made "-1" in stamina for every single player from PES 6 to PES 2008. Weird no? Perhaps a simple error with a global editing tool, possible.
At the time, a player needed some years to be totally revamped, many keeped their stats. Long terms stats, with form + or -.

Last edited:
As @slamsoze mentioned, with the Amador patch we tried to replicate Amateur football with much lower stats than you would normally see. This led to lots more fouls including from the AI and yet still some really good goals at times too even amongst the wayward shots. Might be worth you downloading and seeing how it plays and from that you might get an idea of whereabouts you want the player stats to be (probably somewhere in the middle between regular and Amador). Lowering Balance will lead to more fouls and players being knocked over in challenges, lowering Agility will lead to slower movement, turning etc. Lowering technique and reaction can be good too. As @Fenomeno9 mentioned the speeder file in Kitserver you can drop to 0.9x to lower speeds but also you can lower them globally in the editor for each player as an alternative.

I once started a South American OF maybe 3-4 years back and was testing out really low player speed (10-30 if I remember correctly) and it was actually quite enjoyable! I'll try to find it and upload it if you want. I didn't get that far with it but had a few Brazilian/Argentinian teams done. I may have even had a couple of Colombian teams done, I can't quite remember how far I got - my idea at the time was to do that season's copa libertadores teams and I think I got maybe 10-15 teams into it but then got sidetracked testing out different player speeds and low ratings, in fact I think that may well have been what led to the Amador idea.
Need to play Amador again, it was real fun and very difficult. I don't remember how many points I lost because my keepers made mistakes that you normally never see in these games

I tried many of Sany's installer patch, and if there's one thing i hate the most : is changing stats with formula.
When i see it : i erase instantly. Hate it / there's some unlockable feints related with stats, and i prefers the vanilla gameplay the way those genius from the time designed it..
Well i prefers to play with the vanilla game for those time but i'm not against changing the gameplay neither, at least for at try, but never change the stats system : just some errors or corrections etc. well, like height or weight.
The game is old, you can try to change some algorithm or effect to the core.

Also it cause issues if the player got "98" and the consign is "+5" or "+10" etc. how do you do that? The calculations are bad. You have to for example, play with - percentage and + in number for having a larger scale and never ever be over or under.

Like for example reduce some percentage. Idea? As i understood more or less that PES 5 and 6 where not totally similar, i understood why if you want to truely convert a player from PES 5 to PES 6 here's the (95% players, some are forgot or untouched, or some limitations i don't know... Whatever)
It's about "Balance".
They made a calculation, and i checked if you remember it was related to the arrows form (where different only for Balance in PES 5 to 6)
So the range as changed.
I'll take for example, just checked the player who got the lower balance in PES 5 (and 6 too) : Beasley, the US player.
Beasley was 60 on PES 5, 55 on PES 6 on Balance.

The calculation i maded and i was always right was ("Stat" -110%) +10. With that, you'll never get a result over 99 or under 0 (well 0 > 1 )
So Beasley for example : PES 5= 60. ("60 - 110%) + 10 = 55. You can also enlarge that stuff like 150% +50, there won't be any issue, but the stats will be lower for every players. And if he got 99, he will keep 99. But don't enlarge to much or you will loose some stats. I mean directly passing from 97 to 95 etc.
That's what you're looking for so, it's a solution with pace, biggest difference between player or i don't know.

But NEVER forget that stats in PES are linked to feints and special skills, practically all stats are involved. I posted an example in i don't remember what thread, Retro or Efootball about the PES 2008 book with the DVD. Higher stats rank, higher degree of feints. There were 4 degree of a similar feint (more and more effective) regarding the values.

Another example but that one i didn't really understood, you can check : they made "-1" in stamina for every single player from PES 6 to PES 2008. Weird no? Perhaps a simple error with a global editing tool, possible.
At the time, a player needed some years to be totally revamped, many keeped their stats. Long terms stats, with form + or -.

I respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. For me the only way I can tolerate shortcomings of these old PES games is improving gameplay and so far noone has suggested a better way than global stat edits. Yes, there are some rules you need to keep an eye to not to screw the balance, but in general I would never be able to (nor do I remember when I did last time) play WE9 without something like the stat formula by Ciais or PES6 without Alex gameplay. I like the base of these games (especially the former), but with default stats they are muuuuch too arcade to be decent football simulations.

Another example but that one i didn't really understood, you can check : they made "-1" in stamina for every single player from PES 6 to PES 2008. Weird no? Perhaps a simple error with a global editing tool, possible

That sounds to me as if they used the csv import for speed and somehow set them to 128 in the cells. Inputting those numbers cycles the in game stat from 0-127 twice (256 bytes in total) So importing 128 into the editor and the game will adjust it to 0, 129 = 1 and so on. That's why you can actually set PES stats to around 113 with Peter's CSV import (which allows for the maximum up form arrow to not take the stat over 127).

I can play WE9/PES5 fine as they are out of the box, however I also like a lot stat reductions experiments. @Chenghis.Khan OF still remains one of the best ways to enjoy WE9 to me.

PES 6 instead.. just can't touch it at all without Alex gameplay, or similar formulas. Too exploitable and too attack oriented as it as on default, at least for my tastes.

I remember well, having tried those values at the extreme, 127 power/curve/free kicks. Just for fun in training mode. I tried with other stats aswell but those were the most wtf.
The ball was completely going like a super bullet boomerang, turning practically like an half circle it was scary but funny.
The physics were totally from another world with those stats. Well at the time, physics were stats practically for all moves that was generated by the game.
I respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. For me the only way I can tolerate shortcomings of these old PES games is improving gameplay and so far noone has suggested a better way than global stat edits. Yes, there are some rules you need to keep an eye to not to screw the balance, but in general I would never be able to (nor do I remember when I did last time) play WE9 without something like the stat formula by Ciais or PES6 without Alex gameplay. I like the base of these games (especially the former), but with default stats they are muuuuch too arcade to be decent football simulations.
Depends, but i liked the game like it was conceived, and respecting the roles stats implied, like moves, double contacts etc. and you loose practically all the "mini-stuffs" that you do without even be aware of, making the game unique. That's why i suggested that instead of removing all those stuffs by touching stats, better to do it to the core of the game. Or you'll loose all the things the game brings.
And "Simulation" "90/10" is a fantasm to me. PES 6 was more free, WE9 the most defensively balanced.
Well, to me when i see some patch with decreased stats, i erase instantly. Stats was representing a whole system.

But i don't really play PES 6. On PC as i got no choice to play WE9 with mods, i play PES 5. PES 6 is still very very fun, with a different approach, i respect that approach to force you to tackle more and be more active and quick in Defence. I like to switch sometimes, it's a different view, but not "Arcade" as you like to say at all. Just much more quick in response time, and a little bit direct (but i don't have issue neither to put a 4-0 on PES 5 neither, when you're used to the mecanics.... But i struggle to win 2-0 on WE9 Japan version. The midfield is too much cutting passes.

Edit : I don't know we talked about that version yearsss ago and it looked like they forgot to do something to gives more space or something like that. But it was really the best, just that scores are lower than in reality
Also, i played so much PES 5 / WE 9 that when i go to PES 6 or even better PES 2008 PS2, i found tons of new animations and mini stuffs here and there in positionning, players AI etc. so yes i can enjoy it without changes.

Edit2/ I played PES 6 only 2 league with friends : one PS2 with.... Belgian created league so imagine low stats, and on X360 Online in Ligue 1, i gotted Lorient as a team lol. I never played the way it should be in fact, with average / big teams but always with lower teams.
So i really re-discovered the game some years ago on PC, playing with bigger teams. And yes it was completely different.

Last edited:
Wow! This very interesting! I can't play any PES "next gen", because I don't have a good PC, only a laptop (no for "gamers"), but this is not a problem for me, because I love the PES 6, and ever are new things to find out, like this. :WORSHIP: :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom