PES 6 Stats Adjustment to make the game harder

Topaz

Programmer/TheAwesomeGem
21 October 2011
United States
Chelsea, Spain
Is there anything I can do to make the game harder? I wish I could get the gameplay like PES 2008 PS2 version in PC but the emulator makes the game too grainy and stuttery. The defensive AI isn't that bad but the CPU attack is way too predictable.

Topaz

Programmer/TheAwesomeGem
21 October 2011
United States
Chelsea, Spain

On PC you can enable Superstar difficulty and boost teamwork stat of opposition teams or players over a certain age with global stat editor. Edit your teams stats to normal and have a policy to purchase unmodified youth players

Wii version uses PES6 engine,difficulty and creativity of opposition AI in PES 2013 wii is best under this engine due to having massive development budget compared to later PS2 legacy edition releases. The game is however stiff and degree of freedom in movement is lower than PC.

PES 2018 > PES6 regards to offline play though. You should upgrade

Thanks for that. While PES 2018 is harder than PES 6, my only problem with PES 2018 is how stats doesn't affect much of the outcome of player actions.

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
I think i reposted this. You can increase universal AGILITY,RESPONSE,TEAMWORK and GK Ability.A +5 in these stats especially in Response makes the AI much more difficult in PES 6 when stats did matter a lot.

jopaxx

Non-League
4 September 2014
Croatia
Liverpool
I think i reposted this. You can increase universal AGILITY,RESPONSE,TEAMWORK and GK Ability.A +5 in these stats especially in Response makes the AI much more difficult in PES 6 when stats did matter a lot.
Why things like this are not more famous here? I mean, shit... This should be the standard. I played so many PES 6 games and the gameplay is so easy that is unninstall it in 5 minutes. I made just this few changes with pes editor and AI is AMAZING suddenly. Maybe this could be improved even further... I tried some new patches with 2020/2021 season transfers and the gameplay is shit, even the child could beat the AI. I wonder... maybe these changes can be used on all of this patches.

fmicablues7

Premiership
15 July 2013
Why things like this are not more famous here? I mean, shit... This should be the standard. I played so many PES 6 games and the gameplay is so easy that is unninstall it in 5 minutes. I made just this few changes with pes editor and AI is AMAZING suddenly. Maybe this could be improved even further... I tried some new patches with 2020/2021 season transfers and the gameplay is shit, even the child could beat the AI. I wonder... maybe these changes can be used on all of this patches.
Did you only apply +5 to Agility, Response, Teamwork and GK Ability or more adjustments ?

jopaxx

Non-League
4 September 2014
Croatia
Liverpool
Did you only apply +5 to Agility, Response, Teamwork and GK Ability or more adjustments ?
I applied just that stats, no more and I played Croatia vs England. England totally destroyed me with cool moves, shoots and incredible goals. Later I played Newcastle vs Manchester United and I won, it was a different game. I would like more of this stats, with the same mindset of making the game harder. Also I play on game speed 0.882 with PES 6 Original Season patch.

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
Hey dude, sorry for being late. I needed to do a quick research first to my archives.

Those stats suggestions, I observed them in an OF I had downloaded back in 2012, it was named PES6 superstar Level Option File, and IIRC I found it in pesgaming or in pes fan.

It is not a project of mine, just to clarify.

The philosophy of the OF was in the description, that it boosted the CPU difficulty.

After browsing to Formation screens, I noticed first the Agility and response in all CB and GK, and latter in all players.

What I want to conclude, this is a dated by now observation.

A whole research on how PES6 works after editing specific stats has been made since then. Sorry that I can't find the links now, but there is a whole Stats formula excel here in Evoweb, sorry can't remember the user.

Also @mattmid has made countless different projects, with changes for all tastes. Stats for smoother gameplay, for better AI, for better CPU vs CPU matches, for fixed player ML prices.

Last edited:

fmicablues7

Premiership
15 July 2013
Hey dude, sorry for being late. I needed to do a quick research first to my archives.

Those stats suggestions, I observed them in an OF I had downloaded back in 2012, it was named PES6 superstar Level Option File, and IIRC I found it in pesgaming or in pes fan.

It is not a project of mine, just to clarify.

The philosophy of the OF was in the description, that it boosted the CPU difficulty.

After browsing to Formation screens, I noticed first the Agility and response in all CB and GK, and latter in all players.

What I want to conclude, this is a dated by now observation.

A whole research on how PES6 works after editing specific stats has been made since then. Sorry that I can't find the links now, but there is a whole Stats formula excel here in Evoweb, sorry can't remember the user.

Also @mattmid has made countless different projects, with changes for all tastes. Stats for smoother gameplay, for better AI, for better CPU vs CPU matches, for fixed player ML prices.

Where are these formulas from @mattmid, i'm curious ?

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
In retro corner he has posted many times. The most recent I remember was the Teamwork/Aggresion? formula for better CPUvsCPU matches.

Also it is not only matt. It's @geeeeee also with his stats for PES2008ps2. And many other guys, who I can't recall unfortunately. When people don't use avatars, and every 2nd person is nicknamed matt+something, it is impossible for me to remember everyone.

mattmid

International
15 December 2011

I don't think I ever posted up any formulas as such, rather commented on things as and when I was making OF's. Also as things were spread over many years and a couple of PC's I don't think I even have some of the excel sheets that I had them on any more. The one definite thing I found which I initially used for CPU v CPU matches was to set DRB SPD to 99 for all players as it gets rid of that 'dwelling' on the ball that the CPU does. I found it worked pretty well to play against too because that AI dwelling coupled with our manic pressing as a human player always made it easier to dispossess the AI I thought, so largely eliminating that made the AI seem to get on with things quicker when in possession.

I also found out recently that if you use PeterC10's editor and import csv you can set the values over 99 (all the way up to 127 but only do it to 113 because an upwards form arrow that will cycle that stat back into a low total - ie 114 * a possible 12% increase will round up to 128 and therefore become 0.)

So my thinking is with this you should be able to make the AI players even better and harder to paly against - the only thing I'm not quite sure on is that it says 95-99 is a bigger increase than the usual gap of 1 but what happens when they are in the 100's I don't know. But it stands to reason they must go that high because after all a player with a high 90 stat and a red arrow has to be 'internally' above 100 for that game.

I haven't done much testing of it but I am 100% convinced that speed for certain is increased. I set one player to 113 and took control of him for a match and I was haring around way faster than any other player, also shot power was visibly faster too. Whether they all work I don't know, I have no reason to think not simply because as I said a red arrow on a high 90 stat has to go into the 100's anyway in the default game.

The other interesting thing is it doesn't show in the editor in game - it will only display as 99 but in the pre game formation screen you can see the full three digit figures. Set a team at 113 for everything give it to the AI and play against them and see what you think.

and every 2nd person is nicknamed matt+something
:LOL:

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
I don't think I ever posted up any formulas as such, rather commented on things as and when I was making OF's. Also as things were spread over many years and a couple of PC's I don't think I even have some of the excel sheets that I had them on any more. The one definite thing I found which I initially used for CPU v CPU matches was to set DRB SPD to 99 for all players as it gets rid of that 'dwelling' on the ball that the CPU does. I found it worked pretty well to play against too because that AI dwelling coupled with our manic pressing as a human player always made it easier to dispossess the AI I thought, so largely eliminating that made the AI seem to get on with things quicker when in possession.

I also found out recently that if you use PeterC10's editor and import csv you can set the values over 99 (all the way up to 127 but only do it to 113 because an upwards form arrow that will cycle that stat back into a low total - ie 114 * a possible 12% increase will round up to 128 and therefore become 0.)

So my thinking is with this you should be able to make the AI players even better and harder to paly against - the only thing I'm not quite sure on is that it says 95-99 is a bigger increase than the usual gap of 1 but what happens when they are in the 100's I don't know. But it stands to reason they must go that high because after all a player with a high 90 stat and a red arrow has to be 'internally' above 100 for that game.

I haven't done much testing of it but I am 100% convinced that speed for certain is increased. I set one player to 113 and took control of him for a match and I was haring around way faster than any other player, also shot power was visibly faster too. Whether they all work I don't know, I have no reason to think not simply because as I said a red arrow on a high 90 stat has to go into the 100's anyway in the default game.

The other interesting thing is it doesn't show in the editor in game - it will only display as 99 but in the pre game formation screen you can see the full three digit figures. Set a team at 113 for everything give it to the AI and play against them and see what you think.

:LOL:
Who had a whole post dedicated to altered stats? @Chenghis.Khan ,someone else with history related nickname?

I remember you guys bquoted something last year that lead me to an old topic and an excel maybe with some complicated stats sheets.

Com'on Matt, help my memory that is fading out.. :P

mattmid

International
15 December 2011
@slamsoze I'll get someone to post it in the message before this one :LOL: I was just trying to recall who it was then read Alex in Chenghis.Khan's post.

On a slight tangent to this I recently stumbled across this site who I knew of from years back that did American Sports stats but now do football. https://fbref.com/en/squads/f3a5726c/Panathinaikos-Stats

You'll notice some blanks there but the English/Italian/Spanish/French and German have full stats even down to Xg's on an individual level.

I was toying around with using some of the real stats they have to use for PES stats and then for those that don't really have a stat that could be applied perhaps using PSD stats to fill in the blanks as it were.

For instance a real shots on target % for Shooting Accuracy then perhaps add an amount to it as the maximum is around 50%. Perhaps using their goals against expected goals for Shooting technique and so on.

One other thing I've been thinking about testing is to give all the players high ATT/DEF stats and then much lower and varied stats on other things my thoughts being that the high ATT/DEF will give them a level of competency and then the more varied stats with bigger ranges between better and worse players will bring out more individuality.

At the moment though I can't get in the editing mood to try it out.

Top Bottom