PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

Great vids !

Seems like moving, passing and dribbling is faster (more reactive) and ball sounds more realistic.

Defense, goal keeper and general AI seems smarters (better for intercept ball and man marking).
Not so easy to make a through pass.

The movements and speed of the ball seems also to be more realistic ; slower on long pass but faster on shot !

It looks more like real football according to me ; I think I'll love it.

One week left.

I have just returned from hoilday and I also have the Beta Disk....guess what I am doing all day tomorrow....!!! oh Yes!!

Short translations of a text a german guy working for an online mag wrote:
The Power said:
1. The Game is not so fast like PES4 or in this ronaldovideo: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=ronaldo2
2. It is difficult to dribble
3. KI controlled players run into free spaces much better, and that their passing is much better
4. No laggs in onlinemode
5. Better animations
6. It's much harder for a fast attacker like Henry to go past a few defenders
7. Players' reactions seems slower

Re: PES 5 Beta previews (updated!)

From what i've seen, i believe the speed is the same as PES4. No faster, no slower. I honestly don't think they'd bother changing it.
If someone says it's not as fast as PES4, it's most likely because they're adjusting to the new "feel" of the game, not the pace. There's always a transitional period where you have to forget what you did in PES3 for example, and adjust to the response and action of PES4 etc.

Hi Proff,

I think one of the first impressions or mag preview suggested that the game could be played quicker or slower - bogged down in midfield or fast breakaways. That'd be great if so.

One day differnt teams will play at different tempos too i hope!

db

Hi Db, yeah let's hope so. I hope they get rid of those "hoofs" that the com does periodically. It would be nice to see the com try and build play up from the back.

That would be fantastic, I never saw this idea posted before, Imagine a match between two teams with strong midflield locked in the centre of the park with a network of passes and than an other match were teams break on counter attack that would result in an end to end fast match.

That would mean that the gameplay is tolerant towards both sytems of play because in present its more tolerant towards those who counter attack and play fast touches to go in the opponents box.Maybe in WE9 it has been improves already.

is there still slowdown when theres lot of players on one place like corners when playing from wide camera angle ? is wide camera angle changed in some ways ?

Hi Marileno, that kinda happens already in We8LE though. Do you not play that?? THere is some amazing midfield battles and sometimes first half passes by without either keeper tested because ball is being fought over for posession in middle of park ;) it's great stuff WE8LE and much improved so I hope We9 and PES4 continue on that.

p.s. Did you get my pm??

Yes I played it but to be honest its a month now that I dont touch, I waiting for WE9 realese I cant think of amything else man.

I hope they continue on that path as you say PLF.

Some times we dont have to doubt so much in Konami, sometimes its like we forgot they created the game , and if its so near to real football its beacuse they v done it, so lets have a little bit more of faith in them, after all if there is something they are really good at thats Gameplay.

Agreed and I didn't mention this in previous post but I am optimistic that it will be similar to WE8LE in those terms. I mean they wouldn't do it to see everyone likes midfield battles and is not END-to-End stuff all the time anymore and then just go back to that crap.

So i do have faith in them and think they'll be getting it right again like WE8LE in terms of gameplay/speed/midfield battles.
Just a shame about ML structure no change :(

Some south-american club is confirmed?

Someone sad River Plate , Boca Juniors , Santos and San Paolo will be in but that s not official I think.

About the master league PLF , thats about number of clubs within the game, to have a proper master league (career mode) the game simple needs more club teams a LOT more.

obviously more clubs would be great but i'd want a real 20 team premiership ML not a 16 team one.. that was my point about ML structure that's flawed and not realistic.

dnt fink we're gonna get dat on PES5 or WE9 eiver :( ..... but hold up the hopes for ps3 though ;)

According to this site pessverige.com three teams from nordic will be in the game..FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Malmo FF

pesswede said:
According to this site pessverige.com three teams from nordic will be in the game..FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Malmo FF

Ahh, so Litmanen will be in the game. Good to hear.

PLF said:
obviously more clubs would be great but i'd want a real 20 team premiership ML not a 16 team one.. that was my point about ML structure that's flawed and not realistic.
I agree with you. Its kinda dumb that Konami never thought about that for PES4.

In the ML, theres three modes where you can have the ML team, a Default team or Match Mode team. They should add a forth option where you can have a ML where they have 6 leagues based on the real leagues (English, French, German, Italian, Dutch and Spanish) So if you pick Liverpool, you're automatically entered into the English league with the real teams.

Maybe they need Liscense for doing that.
NAah i dont think so, then they should have a done taht for serie A or la liga

Im I wrong in saying its roughly the same (give or take a couple) amount of teams are in the game ?so if there adding all these new teams who are they taking out . IMO they should at least have all the CL teams and any teams that got to atleast the last 8 of the Uefa cup.

is that true about that you can see the coach, and if thats true do the managers all have the same face or do they have the real faces

pesswede said:

Nice to see some Scandanavian sides. I've always wanted to put them in the mix of things in the ML.

Some WE9 vids here
(scroll to bottom) I know it's not PES, but hey.
What's the stadium in the 'Ronaldo' and 'Becks' clips? Looks like a new one, no?

most of those vids you have to be a premium member could anyone get any those ones
again

No you don't. I used Free for all of them.

Could anyone upload those videos to a different website, rapidshare never works for me :(

Back
Top Bottom