PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Anyone having issues with settings.exe ( vram & graphics card ) not being fully recognized,I spent hours today looking for a solution in steam .( deja vu ) Thanks again Konami for not being thorough with basics.
This has worked for me, uninstall realtek drivers & let windows 10 take over.
Select speaker properties and reduce sound options to lowest ( CD) quality.
It works again.
Thought I would post that as steam is awash with 20 pages or so of people with decent rigs all stuck.

I can't speak for everybody. I can only speak on my own behalf and my own experience.
Before anyone can jump into conclusions about whether what you stated here is true or false, we should all play PES on the same PC you played it. With the same exact settings. Then play it on PS4, with the same exact TV you played it.

Because, as you may know, 'smoothness' on games depend A LOT your system specs (in the case of PC gaming). And even if you have the best hardware in the market, if you haven't set everything properly, you still may experience jerky, laggy, stuttery gameplay. Not just in PES. While, consoles depend very much on which TV you are using, how is the input lag of that particular TV, how many Hz, does it have a game mode, did you add any extra fancy features like noise reduction or True Motion (LG) which can also create extra input lag, etc.

If you read the last couple of pages in here, there are some people who were having problems getting PES to run smoothly, even though they thought they had everything set up correctly.

Being kind of computer savvy myself, I usually don't face this kind of issues because sooner rather than later I end up figuring out how to set everything to get the best Quality-Performance relation out of a game.

So to sum up, console gaming and PC gaming will never feel exactly the same, on any game.
But I am 100% that both, gameplay and graphics are better on PC, for PES 2018. You just have to know how to get that from your system.

I didn't have to to turn G-Sync off, nor use any extra software like RTSS to set anything.
This is pretty much all I did for PES 2018 on my Nvidia Control Panel:

upload_2017-7-15_16-26-31-png.974

It's in spanish, but if you need to me to translate anything please do ask.
That image is from my PES 2017 set up, but I replicated it for PES 2018 (I'm not at home, so I took this image from another post of mine, and older one).
Thanks Buddy, but I have no problems with the game, game runs smooth. I'm talking about gameplay...
But I think I just fixed my online lag problem using a VPN instead, quite shocked anyway if my virgin broadband has any kind of compatibility issue with their servers.

Is there any word from Adam/officialpes yet on what teams/stadiums might be coming thru DLC? Will we see some teams which qualified to CL/EL added too? Like i know it can't be out right now, but a timeline 2-3 months from now or something? I remember last year they released it.

A question... I Just started a ML, I felt the pace is super more slow (and unresponsive) than friendly and myclub games...

Is it ok? It is for the team spirit?

Ok now, I found this thread since I was looking for answers to PES 2018 Demo crash.

During 1st time setup, Settings.exe just wouldn't open and as game tried to run, a white screen followed by a black one would eventually cause crash to desktop.

I downgraded my audio properties to 44100 kHz and 16bit to make sure and voila! It works.

There goes another stupid problem in the age of hi-fi sound.

Anyone manage to get the game to detect a second controller on PC? Can't seem to do it at the moment. I believe it's affecting Geforce Experience (for playing games "locally" via the internet).

EDIT: Forgot to enable/select it via the settings. Whoops.

Last edited:
Watched a guys video of his Legend Mode CL Final (he) R.Madrid v (cpu) Barca ... He won ..But this is what amazed me ( well not really) Legend Mod PES2018 .. Barca attacking 60th min, Messi bends a ball fome wide across the front of the box from about 25 yards out. Suarez running into the box between the 2 CB who are about 8 yards apart, other RM players running back too. Suarez tries to take ball on his chest but comes off and moves toward the goal, the keepers coming out as one of his team mates is running back. The ball is past the keepers legs and his team mate running back is taking the ball to his own goal line ( player controlling ) makes the move to turn his player to stop an OG. All the while Suarez is about 6ft from this player turning to kick the ball clear ..
Legend_zpsajjcydlz.jpg

What does the Legend Mode cpu AI do .. It makes no attempt what so ever to move Suarez to the ball, it turns Suarez away and makes him run to outside of the box ... Legend Mode. Easy clearance for the player ...

Last edited:
Game is stuck at 24 fps, no matter what rendering mode I choose.
settings.exe estimates my system as "good". However, I get the VRAM 2GB error message at launch.

My specs:
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz x 8 ‎(3.40Ghz)‎
RAM 16.0 GB
CPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 ‎(PS5.0/VS5.0)‎
Drivers are updated, version 385.41
Win10
Steam version of the game
I play on 1920x1080, chose 60 fps, full screen.

Tried what superleeds1 describes in post #2526 - no difference.

Any help?

Game is stuck at 24 fps, no matter what rendering mode I choose.
settings.exe estimates my system as "good". However, I get the VRAM 2GB error message at launch.

My specs:
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz x 8 ‎(3.40Ghz)‎
RAM 16.0 GB
CPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 ‎(PS5.0/VS5.0)‎
Drivers are updated, version 385.41
Win10
Steam version of the game
I play on 1920x1080, chose 60 fps, full screen.

Tried what superleeds1 describes in post #2526 - no difference.

Any help?

Has the same vram 2gb error but games runs fine.. do you have like nvidiainspector, or framelimiter software locking a game 24fps or global lock at 24fps ?

Is it me or the latest patch (1.01.1) made the game faster and more stiff? Some animations look more choppy/jagged, and there is more model sliding/ice skating.
Do you agree? or is it a placebo?

have the demo for Pc in the long launches the image becomes move and in the replays the images are not only blurred NMA moves, help, thanks.

Last night played 2 matches on MyClub , both were smooth , no lag at all . However my performance at 2nd was not smooth at all . Take my advise , do not play a match when your team spirit is 10 , please.

No, just select it. Remeber to select window mode, still works for me. Do you need any pictures?

No but thanks, its just doesnt work i guess. I'll wait for them to release an update until i play something else. If they dont release one i'll buy FIFA18 probably or stick with FIFA17.

X3oSq3Q.jpg

if this even legit

Got to the champions league final last night with AC Milan vs Atlético Madrid. Really pumped for it because it was a bitch to get there. Spent most of the season in mid table but once the team spirit hit the 80s i managed to get to 4th about 20 points behind juve. Got some luck victories and draws to reach the final absolutely loving the game. Picked my team pressed go to match, cut scene, then an entrance into the most fake piece of s**t stadium ever. What are the thinking. absolutely ruins the immersion. I've always hated how you couldn't choose your final stadium but this is just crap, Ruined it. Not to mention the actual game. I played (like in the rest of the competition) on top player as the big teams are too easy on pro. Before the final all the games were fair no real scripting or over powered players but the final was brutal. Plus Atlético played all out attack with Godin playing as a striker. Dont know how they only scored 3 goals or how I managed to get 3 but it finished as a draw and I bet them on pens. But again the final ruined because of the way the AI was and picking up the cup in that monstrosity of a stadium. I hope someone can come up with a way to unlock stadium select. Apart from that love the game.

Got to the champions league final last night with AC Milan vs Atlético Madrid. Really pumped for it because it was a bitch to get there. Spent most of the season in mid table but once the team spirit hit the 80s i managed to get to 4th about 20 points behind juve. Got some luck victories and draws to reach the final absolutely loving the game. Picked my team pressed go to match, cut scene, then an entrance into the most fake piece of s**t stadium ever. What are the thinking. absolutely ruins the immersion. I've always hated how you couldn't choose your final stadium but this is just crap, Ruined it. Not to mention the actual game. I played (like in the rest of the competition) on top player as the big teams are too easy on pro. Before the final all the games were fair no real scripting or over powered players but the final was brutal. Plus Atlético played all out attack with Godin playing as a striker. Dont know how they only scored 3 goals or how I managed to get 3 but it finished as a draw and I bet them on pens. But again the final ruined because of the way the AI was and picking up the cup in that monstrosity of a stadium. I hope someone can come up with a way to unlock stadium select. Apart from that love the game.

Maybe they dont have the rights to NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kiev? Also they made this stadium on purpose so im pretty sure they wont include any final stadiums from now on but this will be the default final stadium for years.

Feed back and maybe they'll change it. (but this stadium is funny after regretting the magical boots from past PES game)

As for the attacking/defensive mentality. Teams play all orange for 90 mins in cases of : finals and derbies. Thats what i know. You cant change thats but i think thats cool to spice thing up. But i didnt know they would play all 90 mins in red!! Thats all out attack with defenders going up as you said. Thats Pretty weird.

I would feed that one back too.

@any mod Just an idea about making a thread of suggestions/fixes with tweets (links) to officialpes. So we could just look up the topic and suggest a new one or retweet an already tweeted one. Because there are stuff thats just fly by in the discussions. Maybe we could do a bigger impact on the feedbacks this way to have everything collected.

No but thanks, its just doesnt work i guess. I'll wait for them to release an update until i play something else. If they dont release one i'll buy FIFA18 probably or stick with FIFA17.

X3oSq3Q.jpg

if this even legit

In exactly on the same boat. I really wanted to give PES a chance this year. Will end up buying FIFA again, and this time is because I don't have any other choice.

The name "Konami" translates literally into "fuckup".

Back
Top Bottom