PES 2017 UPDATED 2020 FILES - Includes "TEAM & LEAGUE IDENTITY"

I don’t mean to sound like I don’t appreciate these option files but I do wish the legends crap was left out. It completely ruins the immersion when you see David Beckham in the same team as Harry Kane.

I don’t mean to sound like I don’t appreciate these option files but I do wish the legends crap was left out. It completely ruins the immersion when you see David Beckham in the same team as Harry Kane.
I really was, and kinda are, thinking the same way.
So I put all legends on the bench. Stupid me... ;)
when I played ML and the AI subbed in a legend, well... I had a smile on my face. “He” was back!

That smile only lasted a few seconds as legends really stand out. 3 of them subbed in and I’m under serious pressure! And i like it. :D

But yeah, nothing but an accurate squad! :)

If I want that crap I’ll play myClub or FIFA Ultimate Team.

There’s nothing wrong with having two ‘Classic Teams’ for example buy sprinkling legends across loads of squads is, like I’ve already said, an immersion killer.

I'd love to see someone helping me to convert this project to PC, such as gameplan screenshoot or something xD

So by the time you'll understand my crappy english,
I found out that PES editor had good option to adjust attack/defence level. but i'm very stuck with this game and i haven't found ANY solution to add advanced tactics to team's gameplan, since on PC it will turned off by the BOT/COM/AI and whole advanced tacts will be no use.

Attacking fullbacks on 3 CBs formation is superbly underrated, CM/DM will no longer drop back between CBs if we set both FB as SM when out off possession. Yes this cost alot of defence line/compactness.
I've tested this method with munich, liverpool, and madrid because those teams had attacking FB by default.
Turn 5-7 defence line, 1-4 compactness, with conservative pressure, both medium (green) attack/defence level and the result is those DM/CM like Fabinho, Casemiro, and Kimmich are playing their own playing style and NOT always sitting back between CBs in the build ups.

FYI.. I WILL NOT BE UPLOADING DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF MY PATCH.

This is my patch and this is how I like my game to be. Feel free to edit it as much as you like, but I certainly won’t be removing classic players from any squad.

Here’s a little insight into why the patch is the way it is.

1)
I find most footballers nowadays dull, non-charismatic and boring as fuck.
Who would I rather see or play with... I want Batshuayi stumbling around in the penalty box or Drogba bullying defenders with his incredible strength and aerial prowess?
Lingard passing backwards or Beckham’s stunning curling crosses?

The thing is, these players from yesteryear who are accurately built, offer so much to the game, that the standard players with the exception of maybe a dozen, all seem to be the same.

2)
The reason why MOST CBs & FBs have One Touch Passing and maybe Long Ball Expert skills is because there’s a bug with PES 2017 (there aren’t many, thankfully).
Regardless of level of difficulty, 50% of my goals were coming from me easily dispossessing the AI defenders and then I run and score.
So I fixed this by adding these skills, so when mildly under pressure, the AI players will now pass it instantly or lump it. The accuracy of the passes are still determined by the player’s passing stats. So this is why and it works.

thanks.

The reason why MOST CBs & FBs have One Touch Passing and maybe Long Ball Expert skills is because there’s a bug with PES 2017 (there aren’t many, thankfully)
Lucky for PC ejogc327's PES18 editor which support PES17 OF/DT, i can recursively add those skills to all CB itg.

Regardless of level of difficulty, 50% of my goals were coming from me easily dispossessing the AI defenders and then I run and score.
agree 100%

By the time being, i started to modify the EDIT and DB on PC based from T99 v4.1, because this patch is lightweight and less bugs.
- All player name changed to proper texts. yes, including De, Di, Der, Den, Mc, Van, and dash (-) included player name.
- Changed AOD to FLP conservative
- PL teams; attack/defend level to Medium/Green, minimum defence line is 5.
- And about certain position skill adjustments suc:
GK
- Their passing stats changed to 68-75ish, because they are too panic to clear the ball. Even when CBs playing from the back and the ball went through his inside-box, he actually clear it away.

DM
- Anchor Man and Box-to-box to The Destroyer makes them stay balanced on the build ups or defending after losing the ball.
- Creative Playmaker and Classic No.10 to N/A

CM
- Creative Playmaker to Classic No.10

AM
- Probably the biggest change i found after changing Hole Player to Dummy Runner. while on attack, players like Dele Alli and Muller more likely to stay/run behind the defenders, helping the Wingers/CF to break the defence, and because their position is AMF, they help to defend deeper than SS/RW/LW.

LW/RW
- Hole Player to N/A

CF/SS
- Most of their winger playing style such Prolific Winger and Hole Player changed to N/A
- 85+ explosive and/or sprint speed players like Mbappe, Aguero, Werner, Rashford etc who has Goal Poacher also changed to N/A because they're greedy AF.

Lucky for PC ejogc327's PES18 editor which support PES17 OF/DT, i can recursively add those skills to all CB itg.

agree 100%

By the time being, i started to modify the EDIT and DB on PC based from T99 v4.1, because this patch is lightweight and less bugs.
- All player name changed to proper texts. yes, including De, Di, Der, Den, Mc, Van, and dash (-) included player name.
- Changed AOD to FLP conservative
- PL teams; attack/defend level to Medium/Green, minimum defence line is 5.
- And about certain position skill adjustments suc:
GK
- Their passing stats changed to 68-75ish, because they are too panic to clear the ball. Even when CBs playing from the back and the ball went through his inside-box, he actually clear it away.

DM
- Anchor Man and Box-to-box to The Destroyer makes them stay balanced on the build ups or defending after losing the ball.
- Creative Playmaker and Classic No.10 to N/A

CM
- Creative Playmaker to Classic No.10

AM
- Probably the biggest change i found after changing Hole Player to Dummy Runner. while on attack, players like Dele Alli and Muller more likely to stay/run behind the defenders, helping the Wingers/CF to break the defence, and because their position is AMF, they help to defend deeper than SS/RW/LW.

LW/RW
- Hole Player to N/A

CF/SS
- Most of their winger playing style such Prolific Winger and Hole Player changed to N/A
- 85+ explosive and/or sprint speed players like Mbappe, Aguero, Werner, Rashford etc who has Goal Poacher also changed to N/A because they're greedy AF.

Well, well, well.... the “Dummy Runner” applied to AMFs has led to a highly unusual goal being scored by the AI. (First I’ve seen!)
Litmanen has his Style of Play adjusted to Dummy Runner from Creative Playmaker.

Hi @LandonG i tried to DM you just to say thanks. (messsge below)

Hi Landon
That info is wonderful. I have applied Dummy Runner to goal scoring CMFs like Lampard as well as AMFs like Litmanen. Combined with the application of One Touch Passing skills added, the AI is tearing me apart with 1-2 style passing.
uploaded a vid to twitter from my first game after the adjustments, 2x one twos the AI pulled out the bag. I have NEVER seen anything so wonderful! Thanks again 😉

Experimenting “Build Up” Playing Style with Wayne Rooney. Normally a style associated with CBs and DMFs, but seeing Rooney dropping so deep to spray balls around and then joining the attack is perfect!

Last edited:
Hello antony, thanks for the OF.
Do you know about the bug that some players in top team display as ---.
Like in my game, some player have blank space in their name and zero ability. Do you know how to fix it. I do all the instructions as the note said.

PS4 Files
These Premier League Teams are completely overhauled so the teams now have "TEAM IDENTITY"
This means the following updated elements:

Basic Information:
PLEASE ADJUST YOUR GAME SPEED to -1 (or -2 if you prefer a slower pace. The game automatically speeds up in ML when your team spirit gets to 90+).

80% of players have lower case fonts for aesthetic pleasure.
The remaining 20% will be completed soon.

Files Information:
1) Team Tactics, adjusted to suit the current real life tactics instilled by each team.

2) Players within teams are mapped to work with the team's current tactics (some player's abilities are adjusted to fall in line with 2020 abilites from PESMASTER)

3) 90% of ALL Players have had their Playing Skills adjusted for realistic situations when playing against humans AND the Ai. (Target Man style CFs now have "One Touch Passing" - This releases the hidden ability to do "Headed Flick On Balls".

4) 90% Of ALL Players now have a Playing Style - as this DEFINITELY has an impact on how they play when playing against the Ai. (Example: "DESTROYER" - these players are likely to receive at least 1x Yellow Card when playing against the Ai.
****This will be adjusted, certain High Level Players will have their Playing Style REMOVED! Recently discovered (thanks to Klashman69)! Playing Styles NERF Players with high level skills and abilities!****

5) COM Playing Styles - These are now fall in line with 90% of ALL players' player skills - as the "Player Skills" and "COM Playing Style" work hand in hand - unbelievable that Konami would screw this up so badly.
Example: The Player Skill "Scissors Feint" and "Flip Flap" needs "Trickster" COM Playing Style ticked for the Ai to carry out this skill MORE Frequently if playing AGAINST the Ai.
Same with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style - this needs to be ticked for the Ai when playing against the computer to carry out "Marseille Turn, Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. - UNBELIEVABLE I know!

"LEAGUE IDENTITY"
Playing in different leagues will give a unique experience for that league.
Example: Brazil League - All teams will play with Tika Taka Advanced Tactics, with a lot of players having "One Touch Passing", "Heel Flicks", "Rabona" and "Cut Behind and Turn" player skills. Along with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style.
*IMPORTANT*, Just because players have these skills and COM Playing Style, it does NOT mean they will all become Xavi. These skills will only be as effective as their 40-99 Passing, Ball Control and Balance Abilities will allow them to be. So players will try these skills in a game, but they may end up giving the ball away or messing up the attempt.

LINK TO FILES: (V2 UPDATED JULY 2020)
Patch Notes:
Adjustments made for Team Tactics for hi-level club teams.
Deep Defensive Advanced Instruction removed for some teams.
Updated National Squads for England (new kits), Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands - includes Player Ability Updates to PES 2020 Stats.
(V3 (very soon) will include the missing Argentina and Brazil Leagues - updated with League Identity and Lower Case Fonts)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uxu1k7ac0wqsleg/PES_2017_Updated_19-20_v2_July.zip/file

Delete ALL EXISTING images (kits, emblems, managers, stadiums etc. from your PS4 before importing these files.

Please read the notes supplied. Install AA_IMPORTANT 1 & 2 together.
IMPORT ONE LEAGUE / NATIONAL TEAM REGION AT A TIME. Otherwise the PS4 can screw things up.
All kit images and emblems will pull through automatically. Do not import the images separately otherwise duplicates will happen and you will run out of space. Plus your game will look a mess!
hi i just got pes 17 on the ps4 and is tis the correct option file for it? would i need any previous versions?

Hello antony, thanks for the OF.
Do you know about the bug that some players in top team display as ---.
Like in my game, some player have blank space in their name and zero ability. Do you know how to fix it. I do all the instructions as the note said.

Can you post an image for me? That is weird! No players should do that.

is there still a option file for the 2017 season for the game?

Yeah, make sure you "Check for Update" by pushing the Start Button whilst on your Playstation Home Screen (hovering over PES 2017 app icon).
It'll come up as 1.07 or 7.00... something like that. Basically, it's all of the PES 2017 DLCs in one data pack. Once installed, then install my Option File. Should be okay then.

Yeah, make sure you "Check for Update" by pushing the Start Button whilst on your Playstation Home Screen (hovering over PES 2017 app icon).
It'll come up as 1.07 or 7.00... something like that. Basically, it's all of the PES 2017 DLCs in one data pack. Once installed, then install my Option File. Should be okay then.
perfect.. thanks heaps

I am really baffled by your issue. The --- players are either fake players from another team or... they're Created Players.
Do you have enough space for Created Players? Or are all slots used up?

Here's a new Chelsea File... Updated to 2020/21 Season...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4h19een7t6nnbwk/file
Thank you for your time. I already downloaded the latest DLC. Idk anything about the space for Created player or free slot but before I downloaded your patch, I had had another patch in my Pes. Maybe its the problem?

When ps5 is released i like to now if it van run Pes 2017.
Don’t know why it wouldn’t. 99% of the PS4 games are supported, regarding to Sonys comment on that. I guess you are good.

But I have no clue if and how Option files will work. lets pray for the possibility to still being able to import files! :PRAY:

Last edited:
Hi @LandonG i tried to DM you just to say thanks. (messsge below)

Hi Landon
That info is wonderful. I have applied Dummy Runner to goal scoring CMFs like Lampard as well as AMFs like Litmanen. Combined with the application of One Touch Passing skills added, the AI is tearing me apart with 1-2 style passing.
uploaded a vid to twitter from my first game after the adjustments, 2x one twos the AI pulled out the bag. I have NEVER seen anything so wonderful! Thanks again 😉

Quite funny i found it by only reading the skills training from ML, i had Mason Mount/Loftus-Cheek with 4.2.1.3 Chelsea and that's exaclty how i react after found this kind of play :D

Guys do you have any notice that "Dummy Runner" works even in Pes 2021?

Do we need to extract files like in the newest additions of pes 2020/21!?
PS4 Files
These Premier League Teams are completely overhauled so the teams now have "TEAM IDENTITY"
This means the following updated elements:

Basic Information:
PLEASE ADJUST YOUR GAME SPEED to -1 (or -2 if you prefer a slower pace. The game automatically speeds up in ML when your team spirit gets to 90+).

80% of players have lower case fonts for aesthetic pleasure.
The remaining 20% will be completed soon.

Files Information:
1) Team Tactics, adjusted to suit the current real life tactics instilled by each team.

2) Players within teams are mapped to work with the team's current tactics (some player's abilities are adjusted to fall in line with 2020 abilites from PESMASTER)

3) 90% of ALL Players have had their Playing Skills adjusted for realistic situations when playing against humans AND the Ai. (Target Man style CFs now have "One Touch Passing" - This releases the hidden ability to do "Headed Flick On Balls".

4) 90% Of ALL Players now have a Playing Style - as this DEFINITELY has an impact on how they play when playing against the Ai. (Example: "DESTROYER" - these players are likely to receive at least 1x Yellow Card when playing against the Ai.
****This will be adjusted, certain High Level Players will have their Playing Style REMOVED! Recently discovered (thanks to Klashman69)! Playing Styles NERF Players with high level skills and abilities!****

5) COM Playing Styles - These are now fall in line with 90% of ALL players' player skills - as the "Player Skills" and "COM Playing Style" work hand in hand - unbelievable that Konami would screw this up so badly.
Example: The Player Skill "Scissors Feint" and "Flip Flap" needs "Trickster" COM Playing Style ticked for the Ai to carry out this skill MORE Frequently if playing AGAINST the Ai.
Same with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style - this needs to be ticked for the Ai when playing against the computer to carry out "Marseille Turn, Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. - UNBELIEVABLE I know!

"LEAGUE IDENTITY"
Playing in different leagues will give a unique experience for that league.
Example: Brazil League - All teams will play with Tika Taka Advanced Tactics, with a lot of players having "One Touch Passing", "Heel Flicks", "Rabona" and "Cut Behind and Turn" player skills. Along with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style.
*IMPORTANT*, Just because players have these skills and COM Playing Style, it does NOT mean they will all become Xavi. These skills will only be as effective as their 40-99 Passing, Ball Control and Balance Abilities will allow them to be. So players will try these skills in a game, but they may end up giving the ball away or messing up the attempt.

LINK TO FILES: (V2 UPDATED JULY 2020)
Patch Notes:
Adjustments made for Team Tactics for hi-level club teams.
Deep Defensive Advanced Instruction removed for some teams.
Updated National Squads for England (new kits), Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands - includes Player Ability Updates to PES 2020 Stats.
(V3 (very soon) will include the missing Argentina and Brazil Leagues - updated with League Identity and Lower Case Fonts)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uxu1k7ac0wqsleg/PES_2017_Updated_19-20_v2_July.zip/file

Delete ALL EXISTING images (kits, emblems, managers, stadiums etc. from your PS4 before importing these files.

Please read the notes supplied. Install AA_IMPORTANT 1 & 2 together.
IMPORT ONE LEAGUE / NATIONAL TEAM REGION AT A TIME. Otherwise the PS4 can screw things up.
All kit images and emblems will pull through automatically. Do not import the images separately otherwise duplicates will happen and you will run out of space. Plus your game will look a mess!

Back
Top Bottom