PES 2017 UPDATED 2020 FILES - Includes "TEAM & LEAGUE IDENTITY"

Even LOSING is enjoyable in this game... So close. 36 Year Old Quagliarella pops up with two goals, but fluffs a 50 yard sprint with a one on one chance.
So... not ALL Deep Defensive Instructions are adhered to. But the 90% of the time the defensive line is deep, it's almost impenetrable.
Typical Italian team performance. But great fun!
Live Serie A Testing...

Last edited:
@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces
That’s the spirit!! :LOVE:
Won’t forget how ManUnited slaughtered me 0:5 and I still had fun.
but be sure, we are a rare breed these days! :)

I upped my difficulty level to top player now (playing fuma only!!). It’s a joy!

I’ll go through the rest of PL tonight and edit all kits in and change some tactical stuff to my liking.

Why is it, that some teams have the kits already assigned (after importing them) and I only have to delete short number?
Some kits I have to assign manually.
I deleted all kits before the whole import process (to start clean), imported just the ones the came with your latest files.

And why is it, that some kits have stripes on the socks and shirts? It’s like the png isn’t wrapping fully around kinda thing.
It’s minor but I want it to be perfect. :D

Edit: here is an example of the socks.
7f678a09-28af-4447-80bjjsh.png

Last edited:
Deep defensive line + Average player with Defensive Awereness and Interceptions up 80 + Skills like "Men Marking" and "Interception" + expert long ball + Defensive behaviour(when they switch from grey to light blue button) is an outrage for you mental health

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces
That’s the spirit!! :LOVE:
Won’t forget how ManUnited slaughtered me 0:5 and I still had fun.
but be sure, we are a rare breed these days! :)

I upped my difficulty level to top player now (playing fuma only!!). It’s a joy!

I’ll go through the rest of PL tonight and edit all kits in and change some tactical stuff to my liking.

Why is it, that some teams have the kits already assigned (after importing them) and I only have to delete short number?
Some kits I have to assign manually.
I deleted all kits before the whole import process (to start clean), imported just the ones the came with your latest files.

And why is it, that some kits have stripes on the socks and shirts? It’s like the png isn’t wrapping fully around kinda thing.
It’s minor but I want it to be perfect. :D

Edit: here is an example of the socks.
7f678a09-28af-4447-80bjjsh.png

Hmm, not sure about the kit stripes! That's weird!
You may have to reapply the kits if this happens.

As for some kits applying automatically and some manually, that's my fault. I'm not an editor and I couldn't create the whole of the edit file from scratch. This is why I am only releasing one league at a time, as I don't want people to be overwhelmed with loads of kits to sift through and apply manually. Sorry, this part of editing isn't my thing. BUT ALL elements are there. Managers, Emblems, Stadiums etc. Just up to you lovely lot to merely add "Paste Kit" and search for them. All titled correctly.

***RE: Rare Breed -
I think there's a difference to losing fairly - like not having the players to overcome a good team.
And then there's losing unfairly - with the best team in the game playing against a dog turd team due to Ai intervention - PES2020!

@klashman69

Hi Master :)...perfect as usual, just few questions

1)For players like Mbappè, Aguero etc did you put any other playing style? Like Target Man(like Dzeko for example) Fox in the box, or Dummy Runner? Or simple you take playing style off from them?

2)about players like Messi, Ronaldo(i'm Juventus fan) or Salah...did you mantain them as RWF/LWF and "Prolific Winger" Playing Style or have you made some changes? Like let them playing as SS with different tasks?

3)Do you have more suggestions about changing Player Style?

4)any tips to make winger more dangerous and involved during
game?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure about the kit stripes! That's weird!
You may have to reapply the kits if this happens.

As for some kits applying automatically and some manually, that's my fault. I'm not an editor and I couldn't create the whole of the edit file from scratch. This is why I am only releasing one league at a time, as I don't want people to be overwhelmed with loads of kits to sift through and apply manually. Sorry, this part of editing isn't my thing. BUT ALL elements are there. Managers, Emblems, Stadiums etc. Just up to you lovely lot to merely add "Paste Kit" and search for them. All titled correctly.

***RE: Rare Breed -
I think there's a difference to losing fairly - like not having the players to overcome a good team.
And then there's losing unfairly - with the best team in the game playing against a dog turd team due to Ai intervention - PES2020!
I did reapply those kits several times. I even tried 2020 kits and some others...
The short sleeves on shirts have the same pattern. It’s like a part of the kit pic isn’t wrapping around or big enough. You can even notice the sponsor signs on the socks are not centered. They are slightly of the middle. It fits the picture of something is wrong. Hm. I might even start from scratch, erasing the game and reinstalling.

If I do so (I don’t want to assign kits and tinker other details like tactics every time again), are the PL files you released a few days ago the final version?

That’s why I said, I’d be proud to help you out on details like celeb animations and minor details.
Send me a team you are done with, I’ll edit some details and send it back to you. You include it back to your pack and voila. :)

I need my german teams to be precise. ;) Lewa hairstyle, Müller celebration...
And up those free kick skills for Lewa please!! I want to take set pieces with him.

And i totally forgot to thank you for those amazing faces. The latest version is outstanding!! :APPLAUD:

I did reapply those kits several times. I even tried 2020 kits and some others...
The short sleeves on shirts have the same pattern. It’s like a part of the kit pic isn’t wrapping around or big enough. You can even notice the sponsor signs on the socks are not centered. They are slightly of the middle. It fits the picture of something is wrong. Hm. I might even start from scratch, erasing the game and reinstalling.

If I do so (I don’t want to assign kits and tinker other details like tactics every time again), are the PL files you released a few days ago the final version?

That’s why I said, I’d be proud to help you out on details like celeb animations and minor details.
Send me a team you are done with, I’ll edit some details and send it back to you. You include it back to your pack and voila. :)

And up those free kick skills for Lewa please!! I want to take set pieces with him.

And i totally forgot to thank you for those amazing faces. The latest version is outstanding!! :APPLAUD:
Dude the after 2018 kits have slightly different templates. The same happens if you import 2017 kits to 2018 onwards. The most obvious differences are on socks and collars. Not dramatic misses but losing to the details.

About the playstyles, it is very big topic and I face it every year as I always recreate recently retired legends. I will give it as simplicity and short as possible and take the pes limitations as given.
First of all I hate Targetman, I find it old_fShioned for the majority of strikers, so I try to keep my CFs as Poachers and Fox in the Box.
For me players like Henry, Ronaldo Phainomeno, Shevchenko who are effective on and off the ball and in and out of the penalty box, are always become Goal Poachers.
Players like Drogba, Inzaghi, Klose, Aduriz are Fox In the box.
I know it is not accurate IE Inzaghi by Accurate translation should be Poacher playing to the offside limit. But for me he was more effective inside the box playing by the '' instict". The goal poacher for me must be like Mbappe, he must be able to start from LMF position and either finish as Striker or go to the wing to create an Assist. PIPO Inzaghi could n't do this.
Just a simple example, it is more complicated. It would be better if we had more playstyles, or a syst that does not dictate so much, like alternative or secondary playstyles, or better AI on how much versatile will adapt to players playstyles, etc.

Last edited:

You're very welcome.
I have a different Man Utd Kit to that one now.
But if you see any other irregularities with another prem team, send me a pic and I'll compare it to my game. So weird!

@klashman69

Hi Master :)...perfect as usual, just few questions

1)For players like Mbappè, Aguero etc did you put any other playing style? Like Target Man(like Dzeko for example) Fox in the box, or Dummy Runner? Or simple you take playing style off from them?

2)about players like Messi, Ronaldo(i'm Juventus fan) or Salah...did you mantain them as RWF/LWF and "Prolific Winger" Playing Style or have you made some changes? Like let them playing as SS with different tasks?

3)Do you have more suggestions about changing Player Style?

4)any tips to make winger more dangerous and involved during
game?

Thank you :)

leave Aguero, Mbappe, Henry etc... without a playing style i have found is the best option. Allows their player traits to come out much more and they follow the teams strategy. They still make good strikers runs and play in behind but with balance which makes sense to how the team is playing.

I did a test with the updated PSG tactic for PES 2020, the first one had Mbappe with the usual Goal Poacher and the game was shit like i expected because Mbappe and Cavani ignored their teammates and just ran forward as much as possible as high up the pitch as possible without caring about the team stratgey just taking it off Mbappe made such a substantial difference, he would come to the ball when necessary, make runs which made it hard for Moanco to pick him up.

As for wingers in general i think PES on the fox engine has struggled to emulate dribblers well, especially PES 2020, the CPU has so many variables and its clear especially wit the new R3 changes they haven't had enough time to allow the CPU to utilize these variables enough to dribble effectively against humans or even CPU vs CPU. Prolific Winger works well, the AI does look to cut inside with a run and shoot but its just not effective so the CPU will always pass first and dribble second. PES 2017 on the PC is the only game on the fox engine where i think the CPU did a solid job at dribbling at you, every other game its been either shit, underwhelming or just average at best.

I do make those players you mentioned Messi, CR7 Salah into SS which is essentially an 'attacker' with a free role just as long as they don't have again 'Goal Poacher' setup since at all their respective teams this really is their role. Salah is an attacker who starts out on the wing and either cuts in from wing or just makes many forwards runs to score, much like Mane on the other wing, with Firmino having his own False 9 role.

The thing to remember is playing style is to only give them too players that really for that archetype. they have a major impact on the game. As long as their stats are correct, no playing style does a good job of emulating the player unless the game has fundamental drawbacks like i mentioned with dribbling.

****But what if the "majority" of teams aren't like Man City - as in, don't have the players? What would really annoy me is if Crystal Palace did play like Man City in PES!
Surely teams should surely play to their strengths? So if the team has tall and powerful CB's, then surely they would play a deeper defensive line to accommodate the fact that the CB's aren't as mobile or as athletic as Man City's Laporte etc. So then Scott Dann having "Long Ball Expert" and "One Touch Passing" would immediately look to Townsend and Saha out Wide - as that's what the tactics and their abilities are telling them to do - and in the video clearly works.

Counter attack/ Long Pass with support range 8-10 does that as standard so there isn't really a need for them to have long ball expert at all. They will do that simply due to their playing style.

All out defence makes the AI automatically unless they on full red mentality or orange all run back into their half which in itself create a deep defensive line effect.

the 'advanced tactic' deep defensive line is something to switch on and off, mainly for online play or again by the AI as damage limitation.

**** I'm really not sure about this, Townsend and Saha - I want them to pick the ball up in wide midfield and either take on my defenders as they have COM Playing Styles "Trickster" and "Mazing Run" OR as I have applied "One Touch Passing" to each of them and ALL the CMFs, these wingers then have the option to Give & Go and get in behind my full backs. And this seems to work well. So I don't think I'll be adjusting this. ****

This is a suggestion really, it wont really suit Palace as they like to sit realistically deep and compact then hit counters.

**** The Deep Defensive Line seems to work really well in the Italian league as long as the Defenders all have "Long Ball Expert" and "One Touch Passing" - but it doesn't mean they play Long Balls ALL the time! They really don't - only when they can spot an effective long pass or first time clearances. And it seems to work well with Prem Teams who don't have a great defence. If a team is losing 2-0 to a far better side who is piling on the pressure for more goals, wouldn't that team be on the back foot fighting to stop more goals? Rather than unrealistically turning into Man City or Liverpool and play right up the pitch, leaving themselves open at the back?

Remember you have to give them something which is balanced to work in all manner of situations. A big issue in PES is if you give a team deep defensive line and you go 1-0 against them you can just relax on the ball too much, as they are too negative, sitting too deep and they wont try to come at you to get a goal back.

As for the damage limitation example of a smaller team vs City or Liverpool i think is relative to that team, some teams will just stay negative, some will wait then go for it at the end and some just wont give a shit and will go out 5-0, 6-0 (Aston Villa)

The goal is to emulate a team like Wolves or Fiorentina in Serie A who will maybe setup more defensively using their secondary tactic vs a Man City or Juventus, will play their natural game vs a similarly ranked team and will play aggressive vs a smaller team or 2nd division team. So if you use Palace for example how you set them up makes sense vs Man City but while i still expect them to play direct football, they wont sit so deep if they were playing against Barnsley or Luton, or hell even Norwich and Watford.

One thing i disagree with with Serie A is every team sits deep which isn't true, its more like the Italian national team, when a team goes 1-0, 2-0 up then the vast majority of teams sit back to close out the game. the slower pace is i feel the tactical nature of Italians in general, to architect a 1-0 win is seen as beautiful there so the slower pace is a factor of the players used by teams, you see a number of players in their late 30's still very effective in that league due to how teams set them up. Managers there love their 3 center backs with wingbacks along with an effective target man. In general sadly, football in general has lost so much personality over the years so league aren't as diverse as they used to be, these days there a number of teams in Serie A, Lazio especially which are very attack mined and expansive.

I don't want to face teams who ALL play the same way! Hence the whole reason for this project!
So, the teams are are based on real life tactics, and playing to the individual strengths of the players. BUT most importantly, makes the game fun and vastly varied. Which isn't something Konami themselves have added to their franchise for about 7 years!

I know, I've been doing the same thing here for 9 years now. Konami never learn man.

This seasons tactics are in the PES 2020 tactics thread, here is EPL and Serie A which should work well in PES 2017.

this is what i did back for PES 2017 but these squads are outdated now:
https://klashman69.blogspot.com/2016/12/pes-2017-tactics-1st-release-pdf-format.html

Hopefully you can use this to help make the best out of PES 2017 for you. I noticed you have your own database which some updated squads with legends so use whatever works best, I'm here to help and as a guide really, again my main advice is to never go too overkill on a few aspects which brings the best amount of variety, As i agree though, every tactic must make sense and you have that down correct already which impressed me.

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces is it correct that Liverpool has no advanced instructions enabled?! None?! Is that on purpose when every other team has some instructions.
What about the Liverpool formation... is that set up?!

Yeah, it's a strange one as Liverpool's Ai works brilliantly, so I left it as it is, which is the hidden Advanced Instruction. I had to guess that as a Premium Partner, LFC's tactics were programmed to play a certain way.

leave Aguero, Mbappe, Henry etc... without a playing style i have found is the best option. Allows their player traits to come out much more and they follow the teams strategy. They still make good strikers runs and play in behind but with balance which makes sense to how the team is playing.

This is absolutely TRUE.
I've removed the Playing Style from 99 Rated Maradona and he is tearing me a part!
Previously had him down as Prolific Winger, but when played against him, he didn't do much!

So, ALL Creative Forward Players over 90 (Ronaldinho, R9, DM10, Neymar, Rivaldo, Hazard etc.) are now going to be Playing Style Free.
Shouldn't take long!

FFS, Konami, what a mess!

I did a test with the updated PSG tactic for PES 2020, the first one had Mbappe with the usual Goal Poacher and the game was shit like i expected because Mbappe and Cavani ignored their teammates and just ran forward as much as possible as high up the pitch as possible without caring about the team stratgey just taking it off Mbappe made such a substantial difference, he would come to the ball when necessary, make runs which made it hard for Moanco to pick him up.

As for wingers in general i think PES on the fox engine has struggled to emulate dribblers well, especially PES 2020, the CPU has so many variables and its clear especially wit the new R3 changes they haven't had enough time to allow the CPU to utilize these variables enough to dribble effectively against humans or even CPU vs CPU. Prolific Winger works well, the AI does look to cut inside with a run and shoot but its just not effective so the CPU will always pass first and dribble second. PES 2017 on the PC is the only game on the fox engine where i think the CPU did a solid job at dribbling at you, every other game its been either shit, underwhelming or just average at best.

I do make those players you mentioned Messi, CR7 Salah into SS which is essentially an 'attacker' with a free role just as long as they don't have again 'Goal Poacher' setup since at all their respective teams this really is their role. Salah is an attacker who starts out on the wing and either cuts in from wing or just makes many forwards runs to score, much like Mane on the other wing, with Firmino having his own False 9 role.

The thing to remember is playing style is to only give them too players that really for that archetype. they have a major impact on the game. As long as their stats are correct, no playing style does a good job of emulating the player unless the game has fundamental drawbacks like i mentioned with dribbling.

So do you recommend to keep "prolific winger" for players like Manè or Hazard or "free style" and let the stats works? :)

I too am trialling the options at the moment.
From what I gather, the players with large amounts of Player Skills do not need a Playing Style.
This is a real game changer, but a screwed up one!

I take playing Style out for some players...also i changed to players like Raul Jimenez and Dzeko from "Target Man" to "Fox in the box" even if i have doubt to take Playing Style out from them.

Also spent time to increase stats like Finishing and Offensive Awereness for some players in Premier League...i followed @klashman69 advice and i changed Salah to SS with no playing Style and Roberto Firmino from CF to SS..:)

Dude the after 2018 kits have slightly different templates. The same happens if you import 2017 kits to 2018 onwards. The most obvious differences are on socks and collars. Not dramatic misses but losing to the details.

About the playstyles, it is very big topic and I face it every year as I always recreate recently retired legends. I will give it as simplicity and short as possible and take the pes limitations as given.
First of all I hate Targetman, I find it old_fShioned for the majority of strikers, so I try to keep my CFs as Poachers and Fox in the Box.
For me players like Henry, Ronaldo Phainomeno, Shevchenko who are effective on and off the ball and in and out of the penalty box, are always become Goal Poachers.
Players like Drogba, Inzaghi, Klose, Aduriz are Fox In the box.
I know it is not accurate IE Inzaghi by Accurate translation should be Poacher playing to the offside limit. But for me he was more effective inside the box playing by the '' instict". The goal poacher for me must be like Mbappe, he must be able to start from LMF position and either finish as Striker or go to the wing to create an Assist. PIPO Inzaghi could n't do this.
Just a simple example, it is more complicated. It would be better if we had more playstyles, or a syst that does not dictate so much, like alternative or secondary playstyles, or better AI on how much versatile will adapt to players playstyles, etc.

Thank you so much for this. I need to change Crouch from Target Man to Fix in the Box. I'll have to change a lot of players. Damn!

Thank you so much for this. I need to change Crouch from Target Man to Fix in the Box. I'll have to change a lot of players. Damn!
Keep in mind that this is only a personal preference. For players like Crouch, Jan Kohler, I would keep the Target.
With much love and no offense to Peter Crouch, but players like him I do not believe play by the talent or by the instict/skills. I Mean I would expect Crouch to win an aerial battle and catch a cross but I would not expect him to '' move like a fox'' in the penalty area.
I mean finally that I try to keep Target men as minimum as possible. It is gone more than 15 years when many team had an attacking duo of a tall CF (target man) and a short-fast SS near him.

Example, a good typical Target man for me is Pogrebnyak especially when he was playing for Zenit and Russia. Checking the pes master now, and he is "fox in the Box". A player that is so slow and so strong is better to be Target than a Fox. Although in modern football, less and less are slow players.
But I generally have an opposite essence from Konami, when it comes to players evaluation.

https://www.pesmaster.com/p-pogrebnyak/pes-2020/player/3650/

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this is only a personal preference. For players like Crouch, Jan Kohler, I would keep the Target.
With much love and no offense to Peter Crouch, but players like him I do not believe play by the talent or by the instict/skills. I Mean I would expect Crouch to win an aerial battle and catch a cross but I would not expect him to '' move like a fox'' in the penalty area.
I mean finally that I try to keep Target men as minimum as possible. It is gone more than 15 years when many team had an attacking duo of a tall CF (target man) and a short-fast SS near him.

Example, a good typical Target man for me is Pogrebnyak especially when he was playing for Zenit and Russia. Checking the pes master now, and he is "fox in the Box". A player that is so slow and so strong is better to be Target than a Fox. Although in modern football, less and less are slow players.
But I generally have an opposite essence from Konami, when it comes to players evaluation.

Agree with you. Benteke in that video worked really well as a Target Man, he was winning Headed Flick Ons to other players.

***"TARGET MAN" DISCOVERY
I have carried out further testing on "Target Man" they become much more effective if Player Skills:
1) One Touch Passing = headed flick on through balls
2) First Time Shot
3) Heading (works with no.1)
4) Super Sub

Their contribution to the game becomes far more obvious and basically does what a Target Man should do! 👍🏽

Is there any other way to import files? I can't connect my PS4 to PSN, the internet my place's so crap.

Sorry man.
Any way you can take your PS to a friends house or something like that?!
What about using your smartphone as a hotspot?! That should work for just installing the files.
Let us know.
You deserve that OF!! :)
That's the deal.
Make your smartphone Hotspot.
Sign in.
Close the Hotspot & mobile data.
Finished.

PS: Just make sure your console WILL NOT start download system updates in the process.

@slamsoze @PRO_TOO
I'm working on Chant Packs for certain teams, which will span 10mins. You can put on repeat if your game length is longer.
There will be silences of around 1 minute in between each fan song \ Chant.
Plays through your playstation whilst playing matches.

Massively improves atmosphere.

@slamsoze @PRO_TOO
I'm working on Chant Packs for certain teams, which will span 10mins. You can put on repeat if your game length is longer.
There will be silences of around 1 minute in between each fan song \ Chant.
Plays through your playstation whilst playing matches.

Massively improves atmosphere.
Had something similar running when playing south American teams. I have a playlist on Spotify featuring chants from SA! Enhanced the atmosphere as well! :)

Back
Top Bottom