PES 2017 UPDATED 2020 FILES - Includes "TEAM & LEAGUE IDENTITY"

yeah. Target Man playing style. Lots of respectable editors claim this style is pointless and offers nothing.
But... if you apply One Touch Passing and Heading player skill to these players with Target Man playing style, the player will do headed flick-on through balls Like a Target Man is meant to do.

Great. I did a lot of editing in 2018 (just one custom league) and found Target Man clearly worked. There is one AI team in particular that I always have a hard time playing against because they have a tall target man and the team focus on hitting long balls and crosses to him - a real (and beautiful) struggle to handle him. I'll add the additional One-Touch skill and see if he does more flick-ons (I already gave him Heading skill but I don;t remember him doign many flick-ons, although that might just be they way 2018 works).

I've just been reading page 2 of this thread and I see a few other interesting bits of advice which I can try and apply to my PES2018 AI teams.

Played a bit more of your 2017 data last night, enjoyed all of the matches. An already good game is given real personality by your hard work.

Great. I did a lot of editing in 2018 (just one custom league) and found Target Man clearly worked. There is one AI team in particular that I always have a hard time playing against because they have a tall target man and the team focus on hitting long balls and crosses to him - a real (and beautiful) struggle to handle him. I'll add the additional One-Touch skill and see if he does more flick-ons (I already gave him Heading skill but I don;t remember him doign many flick-ons, although that might just be they way 2018 works).

I've just been reading page 2 of this thread and I see a few other interesting bits of advice which I can try and apply to my PES2018 AI teams.

Played a bit more of your 2017 data last night, enjoyed all of the matches. An already good game is given real personality by your hard work.

Thanks mate, means a lot! 👍😉

The v1 file has been downloaded around 200x times.
obviously v2 is now available - which I believe you have, which was uploaded a few days ago.

be careful as some of the tricks and findings don’t work or aren’t as effective in later versions of the game.

Currently in my Master League, Drogba (who is a strong Target Man) has 17 Goals in 16 Games. The guy is unbelievable and very difficult to defend against.

The Chelsea CMFs and CB’s all have Long Ball Expert playing skill. Which is completely justified.
As I mentioned before, if teams have key players with certain attributes, like Drogba who has great strength and heading ability, then the team’s other players need to play to that key player’s strengths. That’s how tactics work in real life. And that’s what the whole “Team Identity” ethos is. A7EA428E-85A8-4102-B69A-066A2FE08782.jpeg

Thanks mate, means a lot! 👍😉

The v1 file has been downloaded around 200x times.
obviously v2 is now available - which I believe you have, which was uploaded a few days ago.

be careful as some of the tricks and findings don’t work or aren’t as effective in later versions of the game.

Currently in my Master League, Drogba (who is a strong Target Man) has 17 Goals in 16 Games. The guy is unbelievable and very difficult to defend against.

The Chelsea CMFs and CB’s all have Long Ball Expert playing skill. Which is completely justified.
As I mentioned before, if teams have key players with certain attributes, like Drogba who has great strength and heading ability, then the team’s other players need to play to that key player’s strengths. That’s how tactics work in real life. And that’s what the whole “Team Identity” ethos is. View attachment 51122

sorry, just carrying on with the “Team Identity”
Arsenal’s tactics are very different to Chelsea’s, where very few players have long ball expert skill. But they do have Long Range Shooting, given the opportunity.

And Arsenal does play with a “False 9” advanced instruction and fluid formation where Thierry Henry pulls far out to the left when OUT of possession, which is usually free space due to full backs always attacking nowadays.
But, sometimes when IN possession, Henry will drop deep into AMF position (False 9) and will run at the defence or play a slide through ball to the LWF like Overmars or Pires or Ljungberg who run inside and go for goal.
All of the above happens as a player and as AI opposition.

Silly question @AntonyC_PESCustomFaces @PRO_TOO and anyone else who is using this option file:

Is every transfer up-to-date in all leagues? My PES 2017 still hasn't arrived BOO! :LOL:

I was just looking through LaLiga file and all kits are 2017-18 so this is reason I ask.

Hey man, no, not ALL transfers are up to date. Only key transfers for European Teams, like Haaland at Dortmund, Griezmann at Barca, CR7 Juve.
But the Premier League is fully up to date - Arsenal squad isn’t big enough to add Martinelli or Nketiah Etc.
And around 8x Championship clubs are fully up to date. But ALL editable kits for Prem and Championship clubs are all 2019/20.

Files have been downloaded around 200x times in 1 month.

Hey man, no, not ALL transfers are up to date. Only key transfers for European Teams, like Haaland at Dortmund, Griezmann at Barca, CR7 Juve.
But the Premier League is fully up to date - Arsenal squad isn’t big enough to add Martinelli or Nketiah Etc.
And around 8x Championship clubs are fully up to date. But ALL editable kits for Prem and Championship clubs are all 2019/20.

No need to try make an 100% up to date rosters OF, cause the 32 players squad limit, will just break your nerves. Happened to me , true story! :) :D

That's great! Can't wait to try it.

When I import the two AA files first, what teams do I apply them to? Really confused by that part—excited to get this installed!

Edit: I guess I just select the teams it prompts me to apply it to.

When I import the two AA files first, what teams do I apply them to? Really confused by that part—excited to get this installed!

I wasn't sure about that either - for these two AA files, I ended up unticking the box to manually choose which team to apply to and hoped it would automatically do the right thing. Hopefully Antony will confirm.

One thing I was wondering was where do players go if I deselect them from a club side? eg. I was trying to move Scott Sinclair from Celtic to Preston NE and I first removed him from Celtic, but then could no longer find him anywhere to select him for Preston. He's not appearing under Free Agents or Created Players.

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces

Is it possible you could put a tutorial video together mate? I know this is probably asking a lot.

I’m fine with adding an option file to PES 2020 but this sounds a bit complicated.

Yeah, as per below, you can select the team to apply the two teams to. They're only two fake Asian Sides - and remain to be fake.
The reason is because I needed a few of their players to create players like Jadon Sancho etc. Otherwise these new created players like Sancho would be playing for the fake Asian team Almoforida etc.

I wasn't sure about that either - for these two AA files, I ended up unticking the box to manually choose which team to apply to and hoped it would automatically do the right thing. Hopefully Antony will confirm.

One thing I was wondering was where do players go if I deselect them from a club side? eg. I was trying to move Scott Sinclair from Celtic to Preston NE and I first removed him from Celtic, but then could no longer find him anywhere to select him for Preston. He's not appearing under Free Agents or Created Players.

Yeah, you need to be careful as some players were removed from the game, like Sinclair! But I managed to pull him back in as a "Ghost Player" - long story.
You need to transfer him straight to Preston. NEVER release players with pre-set faces as they could just disappear.

So, what you can do, is merely re-import Celtic only. Sinclair will reappear. Then transfer - do not release.

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces

Is it possible you could put a tutorial video together mate? I know this is probably asking a lot.

I’m fine with adding an option file to PES 2020 but this sounds a bit complicated.

ALL European Leagues & ALL African, European, North America & South America National Teams are Lower Case fonts.
MLS is lower case too.
However, Brazil and Argentina Leagues - these too are lower case, but I will post these separately very soon. Some tactics adjustments are needed.

The only teams who aren't lower case are some Asian National Teams, Chile League, Asian Champs League and CSL.
So around 11,000 players are lower case. 3500 aren't yet.

Hey Guys!

First of all, sorry for just bursting in like this.

Pes 2017 was my favourite footie game ever (played it on PS4) and i was rather disappointed with the last few iterations. Unfortunately i couldn‘t get my hands on a 2017 key for the PC - until now!!! Since we‘re not getting an actual new game until a year from now, I descided to revisit 2017 this year which will be better than ever now on PC!

And here‘s where i would love to hear some advice on which mods /which package I should get in 2020?

Best would be an all in one Thing (heard about smoke patch), but i wouldn‘t mind combining different mods myself.

Would you guys recommend using any gameplay-related mods or do you still play on the original 2017 gameplay? If there‘s one thing i‘d like to be different about 2017‘s gameplay is player speed/acceleration. It‘s really hard to outrun slow defenders with fast strikers for example.

Again, sorry for just storming in like that and I hope this is the right place to ask. I‘m REALLY excited right now!

Hey Guys!

First of all, sorry for just bursting in like this.

Pes 2017 was my favourite footie game ever (played it on PS4) and i was rather disappointed with the last few iterations. Unfortunately i couldn‘t get my hands on a 2017 key for the PC - until now!!! Since we‘re not getting an actual new game until a year from now, I descided to revisit 2017 this year which will be better than ever now on PC!

And here‘s where i would love to hear some advice on which mods /which package I should get in 2020?

Best would be an all in one Thing (heard about smoke patch), but i wouldn‘t mind combining different mods myself.

Would you guys recommend using any gameplay-related mods or do you still play on the original 2017 gameplay? If there‘s one thing i‘d like to be different about 2017‘s gameplay is player speed/acceleration. It‘s really hard to outrun slow defenders with fast strikers for example.

Again, sorry for just storming in like that and I hope this is the right place to ask. I‘m REALLY excited right now!

SmokePatch is good and much more easier to use.

Where did you get the PC key? I'd like to get this on PC too, just in case my PS4 ever packs in, so I was looking recently for the PC key but couldn't find anywhere that still sold it.

Bro i've checked maybe more than 6,000/7,000 players stats since 10th of September...i modified more than 3000 players(a lot in according Fifa stats that for me most of the time are much closer to reality) and what i've found in this game such stats or skills card or COM Style is absolutely shame and no sense...really, i can't understand how you gonna play in ML again average player with 88 Marking 87 Defensive Awareness plus Skills cards like "Interceptions" and "Men Marking"....you play against Superheroes...and don't forget if you play at Superstar or Legend :D

GK as well...stats are too high too...they flying like Superman, that's why i decrease jump till 70 in stats for more than 600 GK into the game...also GK extension is another overrated stat...seriously, if you've 1 hour to spend, please have a look GK stats...is embarassing whtat ì've seen so far...

CB is another weird case...stats as Jump and Heading are too high, and then are too much linked with the Overall...that's why i avoid to play with cross or long ball, because i already know CPU gonna win almost every time the duels...i think Ball control, tight possession and dribbling must to be linked at the same level with the Overall too...especially in this new era where most of the CB's are started to play like "playmaker...those 3 stats i've mentioned above become important as much as Jump and Heading to define the Overall

I hope you can help me.
I checked the statistics of the GKs in PES and have seen these: GK Awareness GK Catching GK Clearing GK Reflexes GK Reach Which one do you mean by: GK extension?
Thank you for sharing your information and as you will begin the statistical reduction of the GKs. It will be a great job (I'm PS4)
I would also appreciate if you could give me any advice or support to remove or reduce any other statistics or player skills, this in order to make the PES20 game more real.
I'm sticking with his advice from GKs and defensive players.
Thanks for your attention

I hope you can help me.
I checked the statistics of the GKs in PES and have seen these: GK Awareness GK Catching GK Clearing GK Reflexes GK Reach Which one do you mean by: GK extension?
Thank you for sharing your information and as you will begin the statistical reduction of the GKs. It will be a great job (I'm PS4)
I would also appreciate if you could give me any advice or support to remove or reduce any other statistics or player skills, this in order to make the PES20 game more real.
I'm sticking with his advice from GKs and defensive players.
Thanks for your attention

Are you italian?

Im not Italian, I live in Mexico.

Buenas, i'm italian but i speak spanish too.

Great pic of Miralem Pjanic(i'm Juventus fan)

Listen, about Gk you need to decrease "Jump" on normal stats(i usually put around 70) and then decrease GK AWARENESS and GK REACH(extension)...put a bit more on GK REFLEXES

For most of the CB(Central Back) you need to remove "Man Marking" and "Interception" in "Player Skills" and "Long Ball Expert" in "COM playing style" , and obviously decrease stats as "Defensive Awareness" and "Ball Winning" if you see the stats are too high for that player

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces, thanks for this great patch!
As a German, I would like to play in the Bundesliga, but it's not complete, is it?
There are "only" the teams Bremen, Bavaria, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Augsburg, Mainz and Hertha.
Let’s work together than and edit the Bundesliga to the fullest! :)
I did some transfers and minor details myself. Every time I’m starting this game I change/add/edit something... so it’s growing.

Would be a hell lot of help if we split teams to work on and exchange them later. :)

But yeah, it’s a great OF!! : :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Let’s work together than and edit the Bundesliga to the fullest! :)
I did some transfers and minor details myself. Every time I’m starting this game I change/add/edit something... so it’s growing.

Would be a hell lot of help if we split teams to work on and exchange them later. :)

But yeah, it’s a great OF!! : :APPLAUD:

Not enough time and experience :BORED:
I'll take an older patch to integrate the teams and then update the squads myself.
I can live with older jerseys ;)

PS: Had a game against Leicester today and Vardy ran like crazy :APPLAUD:

Buenas, i'm italian but i speak spanish too.

Great pic of Miralem Pjanic(i'm Juventus fan)

Listen, about Gk you need to decrease "Jump" on normal stats(i usually put around 70) and then decrease GK AWARENESS and GK REACH(extension)...put a bit more on GK REFLEXES

For most of the CB(Central Back) you need to remove "Man Marking" and "Interception" in "Player Skills" and "Long Ball Expert" in "COM playing style" , and obviously decrease stats as "Defensive Awareness" and "Ball Winning" if you see the stats are too high for that player
Thank you for your answer. I will take them into account for the edition of PES20

Back
Top Bottom