PES 2017 UPDATED 2020 FILES - Includes "TEAM & LEAGUE IDENTITY"

2 December 2019
PS4 Files
These Premier League Teams are completely overhauled so the teams now have "TEAM IDENTITY"
This means the following updated elements:

Basic Information:
PLEASE ADJUST YOUR GAME SPEED to -1 (or -2 if you prefer a slower pace. The game automatically speeds up in ML when your team spirit gets to 90+).

80% of players have lower case fonts for aesthetic pleasure.
The remaining 20% will be completed soon.

Files Information:
1) Team Tactics, adjusted to suit the current real life tactics instilled by each team.

2) Players within teams are mapped to work with the team's current tactics (some player's abilities are adjusted to fall in line with 2020 abilites from PESMASTER)

3) 90% of ALL Players have had their Playing Skills adjusted for realistic situations when playing against humans AND the Ai. (Target Man style CFs now have "One Touch Passing" - This releases the hidden ability to do "Headed Flick On Balls".

4) 90% Of ALL Players now have a Playing Style - as this DEFINITELY has an impact on how they play when playing against the Ai. (Example: "DESTROYER" - these players are likely to receive at least 1x Yellow Card when playing against the Ai.
****This will be adjusted, certain High Level Players will have their Playing Style REMOVED! Recently discovered (thanks to Klashman69)! Playing Styles NERF Players with high level skills and abilities!****

5) COM Playing Styles - These are now fall in line with 90% of ALL players' player skills - as the "Player Skills" and "COM Playing Style" work hand in hand - unbelievable that Konami would screw this up so badly.
Example: The Player Skill "Scissors Feint" and "Flip Flap" needs "Trickster" COM Playing Style ticked for the Ai to carry out this skill MORE Frequently if playing AGAINST the Ai.
Same with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style - this needs to be ticked for the Ai when playing against the computer to carry out "Marseille Turn, Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. - UNBELIEVABLE I know!

"LEAGUE IDENTITY"
Playing in different leagues will give a unique experience for that league.
Example: Brazil League - All teams will play with Tika Taka Advanced Tactics, with a lot of players having "One Touch Passing", "Heel Flicks", "Rabona" and "Cut Behind and Turn" player skills. Along with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style.
*IMPORTANT*, Just because players have these skills and COM Playing Style, it does NOT mean they will all become Xavi. These skills will only be as effective as their 40-99 Passing, Ball Control and Balance Abilities will allow them to be. So players will try these skills in a game, but they may end up giving the ball away or messing up the attempt.

LINK TO FILES: (V2 UPDATED JULY 2020)
Patch Notes:
Adjustments made for Team Tactics for hi-level club teams.
Deep Defensive Advanced Instruction removed for some teams.
Updated National Squads for England (new kits), Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands - includes Player Ability Updates to PES 2020 Stats.
(V3 (very soon) will include the missing Argentina and Brazil Leagues - updated with League Identity and Lower Case Fonts)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uxu1k7ac0wqsleg/PES_2017_Updated_19-20_v2_July.zip/file

Delete ALL EXISTING images (kits, emblems, managers, stadiums etc. from your PS4 before importing these files.

Please read the notes supplied. Install AA_IMPORTANT 1 & 2 together.
IMPORT ONE LEAGUE / NATIONAL TEAM REGION AT A TIME. Otherwise the PS4 can screw things up.
All kit images and emblems will pull through automatically. Do not import the images separately otherwise duplicates will happen and you will run out of space. Plus your game will look a mess!

Last edited:
@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces

Great stuff mate, really nice work

As a fan of "modifed database" can you recap in a further post your changes?

I've already modified more than 3,000 players since Pes has been launced in September...if you don't mind can you explain in a post your thoughts?

As you mentioned in the video above about "expert long ball" in a Cpu player style, i did the same...take it off for a lot difenders and just kept for players like Bonucci or Ramos...so defenders that play the ball really well. :)

Thanks for your attention pal :)

Last edited:
I did EXACTLY the same thing... Bonnucci and Ramos and the best CBs with Long Ball Expert Com Playing Style.

BUT, then I worked out through hours of testing tactics and Playing Styles, teams with "Long Ball" Tactics won't actually play Long Ball as a lot of the players within the team aren't being told to (not having Long Ball Expert ticked)

"Long Ball Expert" doesn't actually mean the players are "Experts", it just means they will try more long balls than they usually would.
But, the accuracy depends on the players' Long Passing Ability (40-99) this will determine how accurate the pass is. So Ramos and Bonucci will play fantastic long passes (these players often have Weighted Pass too).
But when Phil Jones goes for a long pass (70 long pass ability), it often won't be as accurate as Ramos etc.

So... a player's COM Playing Style "Long Ball Expert" does NOT mean the player becomes an "Expert" like De Bruyne. It merely tells the player to hit the ball long when the opportunity arises.

This has revolutionised my game and has added many more dimensions. Especially if a team has a powerful, tall Target Man up front.

Any other changes?

I modified a lot of stats especially for CB...there are a lot avarage defenders that have got some overrated stats...that's why at Superstar level or Legend it's really hard play them against...i also take it out player cards like "interception" and "marking" for most of them...just image

CB player overrated with stats like this

DZHIKIYA(Spartak Moscow)

Man Marking and Iterception SKILLS plus

87 Physical Contact
84Heading
73Jump
88Defensive Awareness
87Ball Winning
85Aggression

In a Superstar level it's like to face Superman

Hmmm, I know what you mean. I did the same with Boateng from Bayern. 90 Overall Rating. 3 Higher than Maldini.

Are you referring to PES 2020?

Ultimately, I have adjusted key players to fall in line with PES 2020, like Trent Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Van Dijk and many, many more. (And increased their age by 2 years)
But.... getting back to what you've done with the skills, you need to be careful as these skills ultimately create the AI Gameplay.

i'll start with the no kits ID Eng PL teams as soon as i find some time to play PES. Questions:

1) Can i combined ENG ID new OF with your previous updated version of the rest Leagues?

2) If i manually delete the images from the previous version in my pc, will it still import the team.bins, or it just aborts the import OF, stating import failed? I mean to create a "homemade no kits version''.

3) Does the OF includes some of your custom facebuilds from your Youtube channel? Thanks in advance.

i'll start with the no kits ID Eng PL teams as soon as i find some time to play PES. Questions:

1) Can i combined ENG ID new OF with your previous updated version of the rest Leagues?
Yes. No further transfers were carried out. Only player and team Tactics updates. Kits are same as previous version of files. 👍🏽

2) If i manually delete the images from the previous version in my pc, will it still import the team.bins, or it just aborts the import OF, stating import failed? I mean to create a "homemade no kits version''.
I have no idea. I have never used the PC to edit.

3) Does the OF includes some of your custom facebuilds from your Youtube channel? Thanks in advance.
Absolutely👍🏽. Dozens more than what are on the channel. Inc. Harry Maguire, Robertson, Ederson, Fernandes (Man Utd) and loads more. Mbappe doesn't have a preset in PES 2017, so this too is a face build, but a damn good one!

UPDATE INFORMATION:

"LEAGUE IDENTITY" is also being worked on - Playing in different leagues will give a unique experience for that league.
Example: Brazil League - All teams will play with Tika Taka Advanced Tactics, with a lot of players having "One Touch Passing", "Heel Flicks", "Rabona" and "Cut Behind and Turn" player skills. Along with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style.
*IMPORTANT*, Just because players have these skills and COM Playing Style, it does NOT mean they will all become Xavi. These skills will only be as effective as their 40-99 Passing, Ball Control and Balance Ability will allow them to be. So players will try these skills in a game, but they may end up giving the ball away or messing up the attempt.

Hmmm, I know what you mean. I did the same with Boateng from Bayern. 90 Overall Rating. 3 Higher than Maldini.

Are you referring to PES 2020?

Ultimately, I have adjusted key players to fall in line with PES 2020, like Trent Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Van Dijk and many, many more. (And increased their age by 2 years)
But.... getting back to what you've done with the skills, you need to be careful as these skills ultimately create the AI Gameplay.

I know pal, but if you check the database you'll see a lot of weird stuff about players. What i always thought is that skills must be given at the beginnig just for some players...about world class players you are able to put all the skills you like(maximum 10 obviously)while for the average players only allow them to get 2 maximum 3 skills.

After, you should get average players through ML to develop and unlock others skills...i think the game should be based only on players stats...cards and COM Style had ruined this game from my point of view :)

I know pal, but if you check the database you'll see a lot of weird stuff about players. What i always thought is that skills must be given at the beginnig just for some players...about world class players you are able to put all the skills you like(maximum 10 obviously)while for the average players only allow them to get 2 maximum 3 skills.

After, you should get average players through ML to develop and unlock others skills...i think the game should be based only on players stats...cards and COM Style had ruined this game from my point of view :)
I don't remember if we discussed together about this. Last year i found some Russian defenders whose last appearance was in PES 2014 and next appearance on PES 2019 and 2020. Their stats were straight copy-paste from PES 2014, where for some reason every player stats are more overrated than current day, although the stats system was the same IIRC, 40-99.

I don't remember if we discussed together about this. Last year i found some Russian defenders whose last appearance was in PES 2014 and next appearance on PES 2019 and 2020. Their stats were straight copy-paste from PES 2014, where for some reason every player stats are more overrated than current day, although the stats system was the same IIRC, 40-99.

Bro i've checked maybe more than 6,000/7,000 players stats since 10th of September...i modified more than 3000 players(a lot in according Fifa stats that for me most of the time are much closer to reality) and what i've found in this game such stats or skills card or COM Style is absolutely shame and no sense...really, i can't understand how you gonna play in ML again average player with 88 Marking 87 Defensive Awareness plus Skills cards like "Interceptions" and "Men Marking"....you play against Superheroes...and don't forget if you play at Superstar or Legend :D

GK as well...stats are too high too...they flying like Superman, that's why i decrease jump till 70 in stats for more than 600 GK into the game...also GK extension is another overrated stat...seriously, if you've 1 hour to spend, please have a look GK stats...is embarassing whtat ì've seen so far...

CB is another weird case...stats as Jump and Heading are too high, and then are too much linked with the Overall...that's why i avoid to play with cross or long ball, because i already know CPU gonna win almost every time the duels...i think Ball control, tight possession and dribbling must to be linked at the same level with the Overall too...especially in this new era where most of the CB's are started to play like "playmaker...those 3 stats i've mentioned above become important as much as Jump and Heading to define the Overall

Last edited:
Bro i've checked maybe more than 6,000/7,000 players stats since 10th of September...i modified more than 3000 players(a lot in according Fifa stats that for me most of the time are much closer to reality) and what i've found in this game such stats or skills card or COM Style is absolutely shame and no sense...really, i can't understand how you gonna play in ML again average player with 88 Marking 87 Defensive Awareness plus Skills cards like "Interceptions" and "Men Marking"....you play against Superheroes...and don't forget if you play at Superstar or Legend :D

GK as well...stats are to high too...they flying like Superman, that's why i decrease jump till 70 in stats for more than 600 GK into the game...also GK extension is another overrated stat...seriously, if you've 1 hour to spend, please have a look GK stats...is embarassing whtat ì've seen so far...

CB is another weird case...stats as Jump and Heading are too high, and then are too much linked with the Overall...that's why i avoid to play with cross or long ball, because i already know CPU gonna win almost every time the duels...i think Ball control, tight possession and dribbling must to be linked at the same level with the Overall too...especially in this new era where most of the CB's are started to play like "playmaker...those 3 stats i've mentioned above become important as much as Jump and Heading to define the Overall

This isn't the case in PES 2017, in my opinion. The game is very well balanced. Even against the best defenders.
I agree about GK's though. I have reduced every GK's two worst abilityies by -10 (Catching 81 now 71 & Coverage 83 now 73 as an example)

Other than that, I concentrate on getting my Team Spirit in ML up to 90+ by purchasing Bandiera Players, then play 15 min games on Superstar. Love it! Always a fair and competitive match, sometimes I'll win 4,5 or 6 against lower rated teams. And I can easily lose 3 or 4 nil against Liverpool, Barca etc.

GK as well...stats are to high too...they flying like Superman, that's why i decrease jump till 70 in stats for more than 600 GK into the game...also GK extension is another overrated stat...seriously, if you've 1 hour to spend, please have a look GK stats...is embarassing whtat ì've seen so far...

Are you definitely referring to PES 2017?
Crossing and Long Balls from the defence up to the Attackers is very balanced. As long as I have a 185cm+ Striker, I always go long. And it's always a good battle. I think you may have nerfed your game by removing certain player skills.
At the moment, I am adding more and more Skills and COM Playing Styles to players over 75 Rated. I find it takes less Ai intervention as the COM relies on the players' skills and COM Playing Style to determine how the Ai player plays and what the player does in certain situations.
You take those skills away and the player will either hold on to the ball too long, or he will just pass it 5 yards.
The more COM Playing Styles the player has, the more varied the player plays. BUT... the 40-99 Abilities plays a big part with how accurate and how well the skills/moves/passes/shots are pulled off.

I think I read somewhere you said somewhere that your friend at PES universe tried similar things on 2020 but no luck.

you think maybe that could depend on game settings? e.g. it only works at legend on PA0 with auto-feint on. just a suggestion but i'm assuming you guys already tried various settings.

I just think konami would not necessariy make massive changes between games - it may even be something that becomes applicable one final DP completed or once form updates stop so sounds like it may be worth persevering with the experimentations and ribas2810 sounds like he's in a perfect position, too, to work this one out.

I think I read somewhere you said somewhere that your friend at PES universe tried similar things on 2020 but no luck.

you think maybe that could depend on game settings? e.g. it only works at legend on PA0 with auto-feint on. just a suggestion but i'm assuming you guys already tried various settings.

I just think konami would not necessariy make massive changes between games - it may even be something that becomes applicable one final DP completed or once form updates stop so sounds like it may be worth persevering with the experimentations and ribas2810 sounds like he's in a perfect position, too, to work this one out.
Oh I see. Yes, a few posts back.
Mate, PES 2020 is a mess. Editors are pushing CBs into a DMF position within Fluid Formations, just so the defenders don't sit on the 18 Yard Line when in possession of the ball.
I knew PES 2020 was floored within the first 8 weeks. I haven't really touched it since December.

**Update**
Italy SERIE A & SERIE B now have "League Identity"
All teams now play a deep defensive back line with Advanced Instruction: Deep Defensive Line and Gegan Press. Conservative Pressuring for Pre Set Tactics 1 (attacking), Aggressive Pressuring for Pre Set Tactics 2 (defensive).

ALL CBs have "One Touch Passing" Player Skill and "Long Ball Expert" COM Playing Style.

Ai Defenders are hoofing the ball clear without any direction if they're put under pressure from my attackers. What a game, what joy! đź‘Ź

**Update**
All teams now play a deep defensive back line with Advanced Instruction: Deep Defensive Line and Gegan Press. Conservative Pressuring for Pre Set Tactics 1 (attacking), Aggressive Pressuring for Pre Set Tactics 2 (defensive).

ALL CBs have "One Touch Passing" Player Skill and "Long Ball Expert" COM Playing Style.

Ai Defenders are hoofing the ball clear without any direction if they're put under pressure from my attackers. What a game, what joy! đź‘Ź
đź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Ś
Thanks for all the effort mate!!

I am a little “allergic” to deep defensive line (the past, you know ;) )... I see you changed a lot of teams to that and filled all slots with tactical instructions.
I don’t like how far stretched the back lines are from the frontline. Is it ok (enough) if I set my own team up a bit higher, delete DDL and stop gegenpress?!

i understand that the changes to the teams were made to replicate real team behaviour. what about the forwarding SB's... i dont want my sideline-defenders to rush foward via instructions on every attack i run... i'm good with my whole team moving up to the middle of the pitch. then my LB and RB are in midfield too. i can then initiate a run manually or move them up from midfield by my own (at the sticks).

Last night I played the first match with league and team identity (played Crystal Palace vs. Aston Villa). It felt different but good!
A bit faster (more maneuverable), is that correct?! If yes, is that due to your changes?

Last edited:
đź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Ś
Thanks for all the effort mate!!

I am a little “allergic” to deep defensive line (the past, you know ;) )... I see you changed a lot of teams to that and filled all slots with tactical instructions.
I don’t like how far stretched the back lines are from the frontline. Is it ok (enough) if I set my own team up a bit higher, delete DDL and stop gegenpress?!

i understand that the changes to the teams were made to replicate real team behaviour. what about the forwarding SB's... i dont want my sideline-defenders to rush foward via instructions on every attack i run... i'm good with my whole team moving up to the middle of the pitch. then my LB and RB are in midfield too. i can then initiate a run manually or move them up from midfield by my own (at the sticks).

Last night I played the first match with league and team identity (played Crystal Palace vs. Aston Villa). It felt different but good!
A bit faster (more maneuverable), is that correct?! If yes, is that due to your changes?

Matey, you can do what you like. Adjust the defensive line as much as you like and turn off Attacking Full Backs in Advanced Instructions.
As we all know, the Premier League's full backs are more like Wingers nowadays.

If you find the game too fast, I play on -2 Game Speed. It works well for me.

As for the League Identity, I have tried to mix the styles up as every League felt the same! 👍🏽

**Update**

is this available to download?

is this available to download?

I just need to include the Serie B kits into the files. I can post a link to the 1st post within this thread but without the Serie B Kits to begin with.

By the way, the Italian leagues are bloody hard. Have lost 3 games out of 6 so far, but my squad strength is only 79. I know I can beat these teams, I just need better players!

This is Premier League Teams - Completely overhauled so the teams now have "TEAM IDENTITY"
This means the following updated elements:

1) Team Tactics, adjusted to suit the current real life tactics instilled by each team.

2) Players within teams are mapped to work with the team's current tactics (some player's abilities are adjusted to fall in line with 2020 abilites from PESMASTER)

3) 90% of ALL Players have had their Playing Skills adjusted for realistic situations when playing against humans AND the Ai. (Target Man style CFs now have "One Touch Passing" - This releases the hidden ability to do "Headed Flick On Balls". Link to vid:
SKIP TO 32 Mins

4) 90% Of ALL Players now have a Playing Style - as this DEFINITELY has an impact on how they play when playing against the Ai. (Example: "DESTROYER" - these players are likely to receive at least 1x Yellow Card when playing against the Ai.

5) COM Playing Styles - These are now fall in line with 90% of ALL players' player skills - as the "Player Skills" and "COM Playing Style" work hand in hand - unbelievable that Konami would screw this up so badly.
Example: The Player Skill "Scissors Feint" and "Flip Flap" needs "Trickster" COM Playing Style ticked for the Ai to carry out this skill MORE Frequently if playing AGAINST the Ai.
Same with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style - this needs to be ticked for the Ai when playing against the computer to carry out "Marseille Turn, Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. - UNBELIEVABLE I know!

**UPDATE INFORMATION**

"LEAGUE IDENTITY" is also being worked on - Playing in different leagues will give a unique experience for that league.
*IMPORTANT*, Just because players have these skills and COM Playing Style, it does NOT mean they will all become Xavi. These skills will only be as effective as their 40-99 Passing, Ball Control and Balance Abilities will allow them to be. So players will try these skills in a game, but they may end up giving the ball away or messing up the attempt.

With Kits: http://www.mediafire.com/file/guok3vk7ecoe523/WEPES.zip/file

Without Kits: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6llfqoxduk9nodn/WEPES.zip/file

Enjoyed that, you have a good handle on tactics.

Some tips.

1. Defensive line height is important. If you noticed through the years while making the .pdf books etc.. i never set a team to have lower than 4 or barely even 4 for defensive line. This makes the AI too passive off the ball as they will always back off and allow you too much time on the ball and its horrible especially when they are losing and need a goal and you can just sit there, chill because they are too deep in their half to send players forward.

You want to give the majority of teams 5-7 for defensive line, 8-10 for aggressive teams which actively play a high line like Man City.

2. Gergenpress is 'Counter Pressing' so its most effective giving teams a high line and changing their formations so they aggressively close you down in your own half. So for example palace had 4-2-3-1, just move the wingers up to create a 4-3-3 and with front line pressure setup, aggressive and a high line they will close you down aggressively to get the ball off you, naturally giving you more fouls than even what we saw in the video.

Please never ever, ever use 'Deep defensive line' Its awful for the AI and they don't need it, its the worst aspect of Konami's bullshit tactics, there's no need for it ever, it completely contradicts any defensive setting you put in. All out Defence/Conservative are exactly the same thing and IMPORTANT, if the 'advanced tactics' are left open, the AI use 'Deep defensive line' a lot as a damage limitation tactic is they are losing by 2 goals or if they have logged that they have conceaded a goal from allowing you too much space to counter, much like the 'man marking' thing they do to you highest rated player after 35/40 minutes or so.

3. Compactness is very formation dependent. a 442 for example is perfect for a tight 10 compactness since you have a two banks of 4, concede the wings but allow no space in the center. If you have 4-5-1, just make it wide since you have all those men in the center of the pitch. Must work inconjution with Wide or Center which is vital.

As for the player traits, my main change for the majority of these PES games is to remove guys like Mbappe, Aguero and classic players like Henry, Ronaldo from the 'goal poacher' trait. which makes the player totally ignore an tactics and just play on the shoulder of the defender, look to get around the 18 yard box, shield, turn and shoot. This is fine and perfect for van Nistelrooy, Harry Kane etc.. proper archetype strikers but world class players like i mentioned before which have so much more than just goal poaching it really condenses their game and they don't play towards their stats. Makes a huge difference in 2019 also.

PES 2017 is a nice game for the AI running at you and doing skills, tricks, especially the PC version. PS4 wasant as good, good find with the player traits, i knew this also, just in general Konami have struggled to make the AI run at you consistently in this generation. PES 2020 suffers badly on this front. there's just way too many functions and variables for them to fine tune and this game for PES 2021 need another year of refinement to make this better.

Other than the 'Long Ball expert' which i think is overkill. Just setting teams to have 8-10 support range and Counter attack/Long Pass is enough to make the team just fire long balls all game.

All in all keep going and finding new things, i think you could use my tactics as a base then continue on your own journey to find whats beneficial.

Thank you to everyone and their input on this.

I just need to say a couple of things... the "League Identity" (ALL Italian Teams playing Deep Defensive Line, slow build up, etc.) this PES 2017 Option File has been created this way, as we all know this is what the Italian football teams are known for.

For me, this project will hopefully eradicate the mundane by making ALL leagues feel different.
So this gives the Master League that much needed variation of football styles, intern leads you to make adjustments to your own tactics to play against the Ai in the different leagues.

Isn't this what the game needs? As I have to say, after one season, I get pretty bored!

However, YOUR own team does NOT have to play the Tactics set by me!
You can adjust the tactics for your team as much as you like to suit your own playing style. Ultimately, it's the varied experience against the Ai is what I'm aiming for!

I have started a ML with Sampdoria, and I am thoroughly enjoying the battle to penetrate the deep lying Italian Teams' defences which is seeing my Sampdoria team currently lurking in 16th Place in SERIE A, (Superstar, 15 Mins. 79 Team Strength and 91 Team Spirit) but I feel, if I had better midfielders, I would be scoring more goals from distance and playing killer through balls as there are gaps between the solid, deep defensive lines and the midfield. Unfortunately my young 75 rated midfielders (Locatelli, a young Palombo and Ricardo Alvarez aren't consistently capable of producing any of these (yet)).
This for me is what it's all about. Playing, Developing and Winning (in that order).

👍🏽

Last edited:
RESPONSE IN BOLD BELOW...

Some tips.

1. Defensive line height is important. If you noticed through the years while making the .pdf books etc.. i never set a team to have lower than 4 or barely even 4 for defensive line. This makes the AI too passive off the ball as they will always back off and allow you too much time on the ball and its horrible especially when they are losing and need a goal and you can just sit there, chill because they are too deep in their half to send players forward.

You want to give the majority of teams 5-7 for defensive line, 8-10 for aggressive teams which actively play a high line like Man City.

****But what if the "majority" of teams aren't like Man City - as in, don't have the players? What would really annoy me is if Crystal Palace did play like Man City in PES!
Surely teams should surely play to their strengths? So if the team has tall and powerful CB's, then surely they would play a deeper defensive line to accommodate the fact that the CB's aren't as mobile or as athletic as Man City's Laporte etc. So then Scott Dann having "Long Ball Expert" and "One Touch Passing" would immediately look to Townsend and Saha out Wide - as that's what the tactics and their abilities are telling them to do - and in the video clearly works.

2. Gergenpress is 'Counter Pressing' so its most effective giving teams a high line and changing their formations so they aggressively close you down in your own half. So for example palace had 4-2-3-1, just move the wingers up to create a 4-3-3 and with front line pressure setup, aggressive and a high line they will close you down aggressively to get the ball off you, naturally giving you more fouls than even what we saw in the video.

**** I'm really not sure about this, Townsend and Saha - I want them to pick the ball up in wide midfield and either take on my defenders as they have COM Playing Styles "Trickster" and "Mazing Run" OR as I have applied "One Touch Passing" to each of them and ALL the CMFs, these wingers then have the option to Give & Go and get in behind my full backs. And this seems to work well. So I don't think I'll be adjusting this. ****

Please never ever, ever use 'Deep defensive line' Its awful for the AI and they don't need it, its the worst aspect of Konami's bullshit tactics, there's no need for it ever, it completely contradicts any defensive setting you put in. All out Defence/Conservative are exactly the same thing and IMPORTANT, if the 'advanced tactics' are left open, the AI use 'Deep defensive line' a lot as a damage limitation tactic is they are losing by 2 goals or if they have logged that they have conceaded a goal from allowing you too much space to counter, much like the 'man marking' thing they do to you highest rated player after 35/40 minutes or so.

**** The Deep Defensive Line seems to work really well in the Italian league as long as the Defenders all have "Long Ball Expert" and "One Touch Passing" - but it doesn't mean they play Long Balls ALL the time! They really don't - only when they can spot an effective long pass or first time clearances. And it seems to work well with Prem Teams who don't have a great defence. If a team is losing 2-0 to a far better side who is piling on the pressure for more goals, wouldn't that team be on the back foot fighting to stop more goals? Rather than unrealistically turning into Man City or Liverpool and play right up the pitch, leaving themselves open at the back?

I don't want to face teams who ALL play the same way
! Hence the whole reason for this project!
So, the teams are are based on real life tactics, and playing to the individual strengths of the players. BUT most importantly, makes the game fun and vastly varied. Which isn't something Konami themselves have added to their franchise for about 7 years!

Last edited:
RESPONSE BELOW IN BOLD

As for the player traits, my main change for the majority of these PES games is to remove guys like Mbappe, Aguero and classic players like Henry, Ronaldo from the 'goal poacher' trait. which makes the player totally ignore an tactics and just play on the shoulder of the defender, look to get around the 18 yard box, shield, turn and shoot. This is fine and perfect for van Nistelrooy, Harry Kane etc.. proper archetype strikers but world class players like i mentioned before which have so much more than just goal poaching it really condenses their game and they don't play towards their stats. Makes a huge difference in 2019 also.

***** This is very interesting. I have a "False 9" Advanced Instruction within the teams' tactics for players like Henry, R9, Mbappe so they drop deep. They collect the ball and tear me a new ar$ehole with their dribbling and combined multiple feints and skills when they do collect from deep. HOWEVER, if the player moves to another team who doesn't have the Advanced Instruction "False 9", then these players' skill set may be obsolete. So would love to know which Playing Style is best for a striker to naturally drop deep to collect the ball? "Prolific Winger" perhaps?

Here's are screenshots of my recent games in Serie A as well as my team lineup.
15 Mins, Super Star Level (nothing manual though).
Playing against top teams is hard. I get chances, but players not good enough to put the ball in the back of the net.
Really looking forward to the Transfer Window and getting one or two 80+ Midfielders in.
Screenshots of Top Scorers and Serie A League Table... doesn't look to unrealistic to me after 9 Games!
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017_20200514110936.jpgPro Evolution Soccer 2017_20200514111525.jpgPro Evolution Soccer 2017_20200514111500.jpgPro Evolution Soccer 2017_20200514111430.jpg

Back
Top Bottom