PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

for me PES 2016 looks really good on PC, MODs, 4k Resolution, sweetFX and reshade will make a big difference compared to vanilla !

at least jenkey is back for pes 2017, so iam shure during gameplay Pes2017 on PC will look better than the PS4 version...

the one thing what i want to know from Konai is, what will the PC version not support, lower textures for shure but what about physics and features (crowd, nets, breath, dirty kits, rain effects..)

we will see

Last edited:
for me PES 2016 looks really good on PC, MODs, 4k Resolution, sweetFX and reshade will make a big difference compared to vanilla !

at least jenkey is back for pes 2017, so iam shure during gameplay Pes2017 on PC will look better than the PS4 version...

the one thing what i want to know from Konai is, what will the PC version not support, lower textures for shure but what about physics and features (crowd, nets, breath, dirty kits, rain effects..)

we will see

Is it possible to see how your PES 2016 PC looks like now? Can you upload a good quality video showing all the features you have described in this post? It would be great to compare it with vanilla game. I didn't touch PES at all this year.

Looks like FIFA again for me and then maybe pick up PES when it's heavily discounted in a Steam sale.

A half-arsed effort warrants a budget price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK9dDfJM6o

SsLkoMZ.gif

Looks like FIFA again for me and then maybe pick up PES when it's heavily discounted in a Steam sale.

A half-arsed effort warrants a budget price.

My philosophy too. Over the past 3 years I haven't paid > £17 for PES on the PC. Looks likely this year will be no different.

Got it for about £10 this year.

Konami should sell it for a knock-down price from day one. Just admit that the PC version is an afterthought and not worthy of a full RRP.

Not sure what I find more frustrating about Konami, regarding PES on the PC. The lack of effort that goes into the PC version or the fact they deliberately go out of their way to keep a media embargo on the pc version until almost the release date. Maybe their "Special Partnership" with Sony prevents them

Last edited:
Not sure what I find more frustrating about Konami, regarding PES on the PC. The lack of effort that goes into the PC version or the fact they deliberately go out of their way to keep a media embargo on the pc version until almost the release date. Maybe their "Special Partnership" with Sony prevents them
This way they would have last gen trash on Xbox too

With some graphical mods PES 2017 on PC certainly is gonna look good.

But some things can´t be modded like the breath on winter games.
That´s something that looks really fine...hope this will be in the PC version as well...but I kinda doubt it.

That´s something that looks really fine...hope this will be in the PC version as well...but I kinda doubt it.

Just give the PC-game a chance! We did not see a single vid from the PC version, so why already beeing pessimistic, without real ground for it? That is something we see too often on Evo-Web...

Just give the PC-game a chance! We did not see a single vid from the PC version, so why already beeing pessimistic, without real ground for it? That is something we see too often on Evo-Web...

PC gamers pessimism is certainly not groundless, the past 2 PES games are proof of that.

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned the "Authentic Visuals" feature which has no mention of being limited to PS4/XB1, so if/when they turn out to be exclusive to those consoles, Konami could potentially be guilty of false/ misleading advertising.

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned the "Authentic Visuals" feature which has no mention of being limited to PS4/XB1, so if/when they turn out to be exclusive to those consoles, Konami could potentially be guilty of false/ misleading advertising.
Steam promo pics of Pes 2016 were blatant false advertising

PC gamers pessimism is certainly not groundless, the past 2 PES games are proof of that.

I know that. But I don't remember any info on PES 2016 on the PC last year, and now Adam Bhatty got some info about the PC-version. So they might be more confident this year :))

not shure if this "cant" be modded... i have animated coaches on the sideline, also modded. and now jenkey is back in action, maybe we can more than we think.

not shure about this, but i hope!

the graphics never was a real Problem for the PC...

even the graphics was the same as PC4 i would always choose the PC, it cost less, and the editing on PC is just epic.

played on 4k @ 60fps - game is smooth as fuck and just with sewwtFX it looks really nice. even the texture sizes are much better by mods.

and on PC pes 2016 make a big step foward to 2015 on PC, pretty shure PES 2017 will not "Bad" on PC

anyway - how konami treat the PC community makes me angry :RANT:

I remember I bought a PS4 exclusively for PES 2014. Man that was such a letdown. The game wasn't even on 1080p. Then I got PES 2015 and PES 2016 too. I ended up selling the PS4 because I got both games (respectively) on PC and both years I felt better when playing it on PC. All the mods made a massive difference in terms of immersion. I must have played only 30 games on PS4 of both games. Sad.

Every year it's the same. News and videos start to emerge, and one feels the need of getting the best console and PES for that console. But once you do it, you feel almost like an 'empty' feeling. Almost bittersweet. Like OH YEAH THIS IS IT. And after a month or two, that feeling is gone. You get it on the PC, mod the hell out of it, and then you start feeling a lot better. More rewarding. And honestly, you can barely tell the difference between Konami's PREMIUM Version of PES (PS4) and the half-baked one (PC).

I remember I bought a PS4 exclusively for PES 2014. Man that was such a letdown. The game wasn't even on 1080p. Then I got PES 2015 and PES 2016 too. I ended up selling the PS4 because I got both games (respectively) on PC and both years I felt better when playing it on PC. All the mods made a massive difference in terms of immersion. I must have played only 30 games on PS4 of both games. Sad.

Every year it's the same. News and videos start to emerge, and one feels the need of getting the best console and PES for that console. But once you do it, you feel almost like an 'empty' feeling. Almost bittersweet. Like OH YEAH THIS IS IT. And after a month or two, that feeling is gone. You get it on the PC, mod the hell out of it, and then you start feeling a lot better. More rewarding. And honestly, you can barely tell the difference between Konami's PREMIUM Version of PES (PS4) and the half-baked one (PC).

This is very true. The 'modability' of the PC version and the ease with which patches can be applied is a massive advantage of PC PES. I would never go back to the console version merely for better lighting and a few graphical bells and whistles.

That said, there is no excuse for a lesser PC version in this day and age. No excuse at all.

PC sales of PES are no threat to the console versions so I don't believe there is any pro-Sony/Microsoft deal going on here. The Japanese just don't really 'do' PC gaming.

This is very true. The 'modability' of the PC version and the ease with which patches can be applied is a massive advantage of PC PES. I would never go back to the console version merely for better lighting and a few graphical bells and whistles.

That said, there is no excuse for a lesser PC version in this day and age. No excuse at all.

PC sales of PES are no threat to the console versions so I don't believe there is any pro-Sony/Microsoft deal going on here. The Japanese just don't really 'do' PC gaming.

PC Sales are not a threat but PES devs have some kind of exclusive partnersip with Sony, so imagine if the PC got the full Next-Gen treatment The PC Version wouldn't only be "on-par" it would in effect surpass it thanks to higher resolutions and mods. I Suspect Sony wouldn't appreciate one bit.

Oh alright. My bad. You are right. I had a PS3 back then and sold it to get the PS4 for PES 2015.

By the by... it's pretty obvious there actually is some kind of deal between Sony and PES/Konami. Not Microsoft. EA has a deal with Microsoft.

Easy man :)
I didn´t mean that pessimistic.

Rather realistic when you remember the last two PC versions.
We won´t see a clip from the PC version so soon, at least not an official one from KONAMI.

Infos about the PC version have been quite poor from their side the last two years.

But let´s wait.
The PC version with all the mods and sweet FX will be a good game anyway.

not shure if this "cant" be modded... i have animated coaches on the sideline, also modded. and now jenkey is back in action, maybe we can more than we think.

not shure about this, but i hope!

the graphics never was a real Problem for the PC...

even the graphics was the same as PC4 i would always choose the PC, it cost less, and the editing on PC is just epic.

played on 4k @ 60fps - game is smooth as fuck and just with sewwtFX it looks really nice. even the texture sizes are much better by mods.

and on PC pes 2016 make a big step foward to 2015 on PC, pretty shure PES 2017 will not "Bad" on PC

anyway - how konami treat the PC community makes me angry :RANT:

Cool!
Well it´s a nice touch which adds depth, even it might not be important.

I also don´t think that it´s gonna be very bad.
But on par with the next gen console version should be standard imho.

By the by... it's pretty obvious there actually is some kind of deal between Sony and PES/Konami. Not Microsoft. EA has a deal with Microsoft.

Exactly! The difference is though, EA's deal doesn't compromise the games quality across PS4, XB1 and PC formats.

Adam Bhatti said that the difference will only be visual things.

The content will be the same, that means all stadiums etc.

Adam Bhatti said that the difference will only be visual things.

The content will be the same, that means all stadiums etc.

I pray and hope for massive failure of pc sales on steam

sales already dropped by 20% from 2015 to 2016

according to steamspy

only if PES fails on PC sales KONAMI will understand

otherwise EA will simply grab E League and CL licenses on PC

Makes sense. Microsoft is trying to push Windows 10, thus pushing their Pc games aswell. So I think they wanted EA to make Pc versions on Par with Xbone since EA has special deal with Microsoft and Xbox. PES on the other hand has some hands with Sony. Not that they are gimping Pc version for this very reason. It seems like they aren't confident enough for sales on Pc version [blame piracy] and doesn't want to use Denuvo.

At the very least, a graphical and lighting upgrade compared to PES 2016 should be expected if the Authentic visual features are to be believed.

I pray and hope for massive failure of pc sales on steam

sales already dropped by 20% from 2015 to 2016

according to steamspy

only if PES fails on PC sales KONAMI will understand

otherwise EA will simply grab E League and CL licenses on PC

Do You play either game at all on any platform?

Back
Top Bottom