PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Non Steam. It's the only version I don't own on steam because of course you can't buy it anymore.

But yeah I'm using the PTE patch 6.0 which is the last patch that features the 16/17 for the game.

Everything else works fin until you start a match and you can't skip the entrance.
Try to use dlc 2 fix for cpy.

Check this out bros, this gameplay mod tweaks the game a bit. Very easy dt_18 installation. Even though PES 2017 has very good vanilla gameplay, I liked the changes that this mod brought as well, nice variation. :) Credit goes to Gaming WitH TR - https://www.gamingwithtr.com/

This might be interesting particularly to @Silverdome94. Let me know what you guys think of this gameplay mod! :TU:

Last edited:
Every goalmouth action in PES 17 is so acrobatic. Instead of heading the ball, attackers try a wild scissor/bicycle kick; instead of grabbing the ball and distributing quickly, goalkeepers launch after the ball like a cat.

Otherwise, I find this to be a nearly perfect game of football. I turned on teammate sliding to auto and I'm seeing more reckless, realistic attempts at winning the ball, leading to more yellow cards. Defending is also fun, which I can't say about on 2019 and 2021, because there's strategy involved and opponents, particularly big physical forwards, are a handful.

I think I need to investigate and see if I can remove acrobatic finishing (if it even is a special ability in this version, it might not be in yet) and see if that makes things better. There's nothing worse than a perfect cross into Giroud and having him try to finish it with his feet way above his head.

I think this will help... I have done so many tests on ALL GK's abilities and here is what I found to work best...
Reduced the goalkeepers' "Catching" ability to between 50 & 60 (60 for the best GK's in the game - Alisson, Ederson etc.)
This basically allows ALL keepers to catch easy / and most shots fired straight at them from distance.
BUT rather than the GK's flying through the air and catching those Top Corner Belters, they merely tip them over the bar or the other side of the post. OR... they push the ball away into dangerous areas if a close shot allowing general panic by the AI.

I have also noticed some unusual animations from the GK's when their Catching has been reduced, like arching their back to tip a powerful shot over the bar.

Check this out bros, this gameplay mod tweaks the game a bit. Very easy dt_18 installation. Even though PES 2017 has very good vanilla gameplay, I liked the changes that this mod brought as well, nice variation. :) Credit goes to Gaming WitH TR - https://www.gamingwithtr.com/

This might be interesting particularly to @Silverdome94. Let me know what you guys think of this gameplay mod! :TU:

Interesting. It's hard to tell gameplay changes watching someone else play as they likely have a different style to you (I like slower and realistic), but this gameplay seems very fast and felt like I was watching FIFA. How do you like the gameplay?

I think this will help... I have done so many tests on ALL GK's abilities and here is what I found to work best...
Reduced the goalkeepers' "Catching" ability to between 50 & 60 (60 for the best GK's in the game - Alisson, Ederson etc.)
This basically allows ALL keepers to catch easy / and most shots fired straight at them from distance.
BUT rather than the GK's flying through the air and catching those Top Corner Belters, they merely tip them over the bar or the other side of the post. OR... they push the ball away into dangerous areas if a close shot allowing general panic by the AI.

I have also noticed some unusual animations from the GK's when their Catching has been reduced, like arching their back to tip a powerful shot over the bar.

I definitely want to try this one now. Thanks!

Interesting. It's hard to tell gameplay changes watching someone else play as they likely have a different style to you (I like slower and realistic), but this gameplay seems very fast and felt like I was watching FIFA. How do you like the gameplay?

I also like slower and realistic gameplay bro.. :) I've noticed that playing it on -2 or -1 speed, this gameplay plays pretty well. I like the increased physicality and it seems like passes have different ball physics, shots aren't as strong.

Have you ever tried a gameplay mod for this edition?

I also like slower and realistic gameplay bro.. :) I've noticed that playing it on -2 or -1 speed, this gameplay plays pretty well. I like the increased physicality and it seems like passes have different ball physics, shots aren't as strong.

Have you ever tried a gameplay mod for this edition?

I have never tried a gameplay mod for 2017, I never felt like it has needed one. I have tried in other editions but I sometimes feel like it changes the game too much in a way that I don't like, that I almost always go back and revert to vanilla.

I have never tried a gameplay mod for 2017, I never felt like it has needed one. I have tried in other editions but I sometimes feel like it changes the game too much in a way that I don't like, that I almost always go back and revert to vanilla.
What settings do you play in? I might go back to vanilla, but trying to decide difficulty/speed settings. :TU:

What pass assistance do you play in? I like PA 1. :)

Right! I was playing Superstar on Vanilla and it seemed quite overpowered. It felt a little suffocating on the pitch, like the CPU wouldnt let me dribble and were pressuring me way too much. Top Player seems more balanced in that sense, you can sense more difference between the teams' playing styles.

@millossobek Definitely PA1 with basic shooting, though I hope to go manual once I get shooting down. Along with the aforementioned problematic acrobatic finishing attempts, manual shooting just hasn’t clicked for me in this one.

The thing I like most about 2017 is that it’s the only one, I feel, in which the CPU consistently stays with the playing style of each team. I’m using the 2018 World Cup version of Smokepatch and the bigger, more physical forwards for the opposition up front are such a handful, not just in the box but 50 yards out as they try to win aerial balls and hold up play. Then you play a possession team and they’ll try to pass you to death. It really makes each game and each opponent interesting.

Nice. I'll probably go back to Vanilla and keep playing PA1, basic shooting. I think it might've been a question of playing in Superstar, which seemed a bit overpowered, but I think Top Player with the normal gameplay is the way to go for balanced, realistic matches at -1 speed! Thanks for your input bro. :TU:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw this out there for PES 2017 Improvements when playing against the AI

Increase Full Backs Ball Control to minimum of 75
and give Full Backs "One Touch Pass" Skills
This STOPS the continuous easy dispossessing of the ball from the AI Full Backs. As soon as they get put under pressure, they either lump it first time or they take a quick controlled touch and turn and pass back to GK or CB.

Last edited:
Hey guys, do you know if there's a mod for 2017 PC which changes match duration to include 16, 17, 18, 19 minute matches?

I know there's a sider module in PES 2021 which does this, wondering if there's something similar for 2017. :TU: Thanks in advance.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for PES 2017 Improvements when playing against the AI

Increase Full Backs Ball Control to minimum of 75
and give Full Backs "One Touch Pass" Skills
This STOPS the continuous easy dispossessing of the ball from the AI Full Backs. As soon as they get put under pressure, they either lump it first time or they take a quick controlled touch and turn and pass back to GK or CB.

Which global editor do you use to make changes? This is great info

Hey guys, do you know if there's a mod for 2017 PC which changes match duration to include 16, 17, 18, 19 minute matches?

I know there's a sider module in PES 2021 which does this, wondering if there's something similar for 2017. :TU: Thanks in advance.
Yes with sider. I think the module name is timeaccel.lua it's inside modules folder. Just read the instruction inside the file.

@Hayes

Thanks bro. However, this is actually quite confusing.

1657647503533.png

These are the instructions inside of timeaccel.lua

1657647567293.png

And these are the actual extension modules inside of sider.. (I'm using the SmokePatch version)

Any idea on how to set this up? It is quite different from the sider I am used to.. Any help would be great.. Thanks.. :TU:

Last edited:
Figured I'd start a save and give in to the nostalgia. Made a 62 ovr young DM and put him on my favorite Japanese team, Urawa. First 2 matches I played in were intense ones. I've only ever played as an attacker so let me tell you, playing a somewhat defensive role with the player cam, if your positional awareness is not on point you will get torched. Especially on superstar.

Superstar, 20 minutes, game speed -2, fixed cursor.

Really even match with Yokohama. They very easily could've won or at the very last drawn if not for me blocking what would've been the tying goal.

20220713005709_1.jpg

We should've lost his match. Shimizu dominated from minute one. Got bailed out by our young keeper and snatched 2 quick goals at the beginning of the second half.

20220713014314_1.jpg

I think the next time I play, I'll give top player a go. See how the AI compares to SS.

I had some really moments I wanted share but the clips got screwed up somehow. I'll see if I can figure out the problem tomorrow. I'm curious if this is an issue with just 2017. I've not had any other issues as I clip gameplay pretty regularly in 2021.

@Hayes

Thanks bro. However, this is actually quite confusing.

View attachment 168770

These are the instructions inside of timeaccel.lua

View attachment 168771

And these are the actual extension modules inside of sider.. (I'm using the SmokePatch version)

Any idea on how to set this up? It is quite different from the sider I am used to.. Any help would be great.. Thanks.. :TU:

1. Need to activate timeaccel module, just remove ; infront of lua.module = "timeaccel.lua"

2. Change number from local acc = 1 to local acc = 16 if you want 16 minutes of the match. Im not good with english, but you should get what im talking about right ?

Anyway to increase the number of subs to 5?

I think it's possible, i tried to use matchest.lua from PES 2021, it works to force subs to 4 though, for some reason when i tried to use 5th subs the game don't allow it :(

It's either the code need to be changed or sider 3 need to updated. Kinda hope we got an updated Sider version though.

Last edited:
Which global editor do you use to make changes? This is great info
I wish there was a "Global Editor" on the PS4... believe me.
It's a case of purely me editing two or three teams' full backs per day. It only takes about 10-15 seconds per player.

It's one of very few flaws within PES 2017 is the easy dispossession of the full backs. But yes, the increased Ball Control (min 75) and One Touch Passing eradicates the issue.
BUT... please note - just because the player has the "One Touch Passing" Skill, it doesn't mean he suddenly becomes another De Bruyne. The accuracy of the One Touch Pass also depends on the players' passing ability stats. If he has under 50 Passing Ability, it's likely the player will either hoof it into the stands or shank the pass straight to one of your own players when he's under pressure.

1. Need to activate timeaccel module, just remove ; infront of lua.module = "timeaccel.lua"

2. Change number from local acc = 1 to local acc = 16 if you want 16 minutes of the match. Im not good with english, but you should get what im talking about right ?
It works bro, thanks a lot! 17 minute matches seems like the sweet spot for me. :TU:

Last edited:
I cannot for the life of me find a solution to this so I stopped using nvidia's instant replay. No matter what I tried, my clips look like this

glitch.png

I've been messing with steelseries moments and it takes clips just fine. Problem is the clips I save with moments are typically bigger than the 250mb limit that streamable has so now I'm considering an alternate for streamable

I cannot for the life of me find a solution to this so I stopped using nvidia's instant replay. No matter what I tried, my clips look like this

View attachment 168943

I've been messing with steelseries moments and it takes clips just fine. Problem is the clips I save with moments are typically bigger than the 250mb limit that streamable has so now I'm considering an alternate for streamable

Is it only for PES 2017 or other game aswell ? I think i've experienced this before, im not sure. Maybe try these

1. Check if you correct resolution in PES 2017 settings

2 . Open Geforce Experience --> Choose settings --> Video Capture --> choose "In-Game" from resolution drop down menu

9WCYzxi.png

If that doesnt help, maybe clean install your nvidia driver.

Is it only for PES 2017 or other game aswell ? I think i've experienced this before, im not sure. Maybe try these

1. Check if you correct resolution in PES 2017 settings

2 . Open Geforce Experience --> Choose settings --> Video Capture --> choose "In-Game" from resolution drop down menu

9WCYzxi.png

If that doesnt help, maybe clean install your nvidia driver.
Only happens with 2017. I've done everything I could possibly think of to try and get it to work, including what you suggested. So for 2017, I'll use steelseries moments because that captures it just fine. I appreciate it tho.

Speaking of 2017, I gotta say starting with a new player with very low stats is such a change of pace. I've essentially been playing with the same created player (a decade long save in my original BAL save in 2017 on ps4 and then created him again in 2021 'carrying on' his career on pc) and he's 31 and basically 100 overall. You take for granted how weak you are on the ball.

I made my CM as young as possible, 15, and I made him similar to what I was at that age; short and very skinny. I made his attributes bad on that of a new BAL CM and then lowered them even further; I wanted it to feel like I'm a teenager playing against grown men. And let me tell you, on superstar, it has. I get no time on the ball and am almost always out muscled immediately. It's a challenge. One I think I'm going to enjoy.

Speaking of 2017, I gotta say starting with a new player with very low stats is such a change of pace. I've essentially been playing with the same created player (a decade long save in my original BAL save in 2017 on ps4 and then created him again in 2021 'carrying on' his career on pc) and he's 31 and basically 100 overall. You take for granted how weak you are on the ball.

I made my CM as young as possible, 15, and I made him similar to what I was at that age; short and very skinny. I made his attributes bad on that of a new BAL CM and then lowered them even further; I wanted it to feel like I'm a teenager playing against grown men. And let me tell you, on superstar, it has. I get no time on the ball and am almost always out muscled immediately. It's a challenge. One I think I'm going to enjoy.
Can you edit height and weight during your seasons on BAL as It's an appearance setting rather than an ability setting?

Back
Top Bottom