PC PES 2014 discussion thread

I'll be supporting Konami. People who cancel pre-orders because of 'stadiumgate' are just playing into EA's hands.

I couldn't play a shit game just because it has licences.

After having a look at Steam Early Access, I thought: What if PES uses this feature for next year?

For example: You pay full price for the game around June-July, and you have access to play all the preview codes. And the final build, of course.

I think it would be succesful, as there are lots of PC gamers who want to try the game ASAP.

I have a busy year ahead of me, I will be patching this game, I'm looking to help out with stadiums, help with scoreboards, kit of course and the world cup patch!

More than ever we need a stadium renovation thread. I need to learn how to improve some pes 2013 stadiums to 2014 standard.

The demo leak is a blessing in disguise. The question is, can we expect skyrim variety and quality tier mods this year? I want 4k textures damnit. Haha.

The demo leak is a blessing in disguise. The question is, can we expect skyrim variety and quality tier mods this year? I want 4k textures damnit. Haha.

To expect skyrim variety and quality mods, PES for PC would have to be built with much more advanced editing options. Skyrim supports assets overriding in afs2fs-style out of the box. PES needed third party kitserver or KFS to do that. Are there any changes in PES 2014 regarding that?

To expect skyrim variety and quality mods, PES for PC would have to be built with much more advanced editing options. Skyrim supports assets overriding in afs2fs-style out of the box. PES needed third party kitserver or KFS to do that. Are there any changes in PES 2014 regarding that?

Skyrim is a good comparison to this year's data files structure ;)

I have a busy year ahead of me, I will be patching this game, I'm looking to help out with stadiums, help with scoreboards, kit of course and the world cup patch!

More than ever we need a stadium renovation thread. I need to learn how to improve some pes 2013 stadiums to 2014 standard.

:APPLAUD:

A modern day hero.

Godspeed, my good man!

Very excited to hear about the modding possibilities, some amazing people here who can work magic :)

grt news, but the concerns is, will it be easy to install the patch and hope it won't 1gb patch!!!! lebanon has a bad conx, plz let the patch be small.

I'll be supporting Konami. People who cancel pre-orders because of 'stadiumgate' are just playing into EA's hands.

I concur. Otherwise we will end up with just one player in the field.

This action from EA as they usually try and kill their opposition when they have developed a superior game made me preorder last night.

I cannot stand EA. Godspeed to all the modders. Wish I had more free time so I could help out. It feels rather selfish not doing anything.

Last edited:
I concur. Otherwise we will end up with just one player in the field.

This action from EA as they usually try and kill their opposition when they have developed a superior game made me preorder last night.

I cannot stand EA. Godspeed to all the modders. Wish I had more free time so I could help out. It feels rather selfish not doing anything.

Same here, Albi. I'd love to be able to do something but I don't have a clue and just haven't got the time to learn.

Those that can mod have my full respect.

Sometimes I think Konami should actually give the Community an eye-wink. Like creating tools to help us decrypt their files, or plugins to import and edit their 3D formats into popuplar software, maybe even create and release a DB editor. That'd make us wet ourselves and all of us would be MORE THAN WILLING to support them for a few more years buying their games.

We all know this is a supportive, caring, faithful community. But sometimes they really make it hard for us to keep doing so.

This year the amount of stadiums will be poor, we won't have a Stadiums-Editor ingame and God knows what other bad surprises are there waiting for us (not ran, only day and night matches, etc) - Why don't they at least collaborate with us? Release something like what I've said and make our jobs much easier. People would go crazy over Konami. And it would tear EA's fans apart.

They need to get down to the ground, humble up. Sometimes they're too 'untouchable', too God-like.

Sometimes I think Konami should actually give the Community an eye-wink. Like creating tools to help us decrypt their files, or plugins to import and edit their 3D formats into popuplar software, maybe even create and release a DB editor. That'd make us wet ourselves and all of us would be MORE THAN WILLING to support them for a few more years buying their games.

We all know this is a supportive, caring, faithful community. But sometimes they really make it hard for us to keep doing so.

This year the amount of stadiums will be poor, we won't have a Stadiums-Editor ingame and God knows what other bad surprises are there waiting for us (not ran, only day and night matches, etc) - Why don't they at least collaborate with us? Release something like what I've said and make our jobs much easier. People would go crazy over Konami. And it would tear EA's fans apart.

They need to get down to the ground, humble up. Sometimes they're too 'untouchable', too God-like.
I think they can't easily do it for us, it's not that easy. Even in-game editor isn't allowed, let alone outside plugins. Their assets are also copyrighted. This whole copyright and license law limits the flexibility.

Well, from what i saw in editing dev thread, this PES2014 allows much easier editing way for the community, so we could at least expect FIFA level of editing flexibility + more amazing modders in PES (Well, i go back and forth between these 2 communities and feel that PES modders have more amazing modders around both in quality and quantity).

Never liked Skyrim myslef, but i have been going through the mods for the game online. My word! If PES2014 modding can get to that level of freedom and creativity we are in for an amazing game... Can only imagine what this superb commuity will do with adboards, stadiums, goal nets,turf, etc

God bless you sir !

I realy dont get it..
I am no PES HATER..
Just posted what i felt about game before release (RTM version)
We will have to wait for release of PC version (GOLD) to get final opinions

Preview code was a shame and i hope full thing will be worth it (PC ver)

but man you have to understand, you make statements that you cant prove or verify. People are actually opening the game and showing how its easier to mod... Dont you see why people are questioning you? NO offense I appreciate the work you have done in the past and hope to see in the future

I feel the same, and in particular, after what Jamez said on supporting, it seems to me konami wished to balanced the situation of stadiagate, let leaking old build on ps3 for a while, perfectly knowing community would have bite it like hungry wolves.
So now, once again if you prefer, we'll do what they couldnt or wouldnt.:BYE:
In someway, they are disguised PC PRs, rather than frontface sony-console PRs.

Last edited:

A modern day hero.

Godspeed, my good man!

God bless you sir !

grt news, but the concerns is, will it be easy to install the patch and hope it won't 1gb patch!!!! lebanon has a bad conx, plz let the patch be small.

Cheers.

For the tactics this season, i have already done a test and i can see they are just as effective and as powerful as PES 2013.

Tried 0 Player support CPU test with Bayern, they really close up together and play short passing, not extensively but it's only a beta.

I have a forum now so i can have a thread for each league and a topic for each team. So anyone and everyone can discuss tactics for all.

We will be using Long Ball, Quick counter etc.. more this year also.

Player Support and the two new sliders have affected the tactics this season so I can use 2013 as a base but every team will have to be done again, I hope more people can create tactics to, the more the better. I can't do this all on my own. Mike was a great help with his own Serie A tactics last year.

If we can all work together well and create a great game. maybe some 'other' companies instead of throwing money about will understand the premise of 'Build it, and they will come'.

but man you have to understand, you make statements that you cant prove or verify. People are actually opening the game and showing how its easier to mod... Dont you see why people are questioning you? NO offense I appreciate the work you have done in the past and hope to see in the future

I understand it but please understand that when i say to friend i wont record anything (on his request) than i wont record it
like all others i am waiting final game to be retail to judge it
I have no issue with people questioning me, if it was someone else i would doubt too but for sure i wont call them insane and liar

Its just as it is..

I didnt test leaked demo (PS3) and like fact that its open for modding but i dont have any plans for PES 2014
Even if i decide to make something at some point it wont be posted online

As of PES14 and feedbacks from gamescom it looks like issue with delay of controls is partialy solved ( including gameplay speed change)

Somehow (based on videos) when we (my mates and me) compare E3 and GamesCom gameplay its like two different games

And dont get KONAMI's strategy over PES14 marketing.. Somehow 3 weeks before game is out they are posting what will be leftout from game

Sure that 2014 will be fresh but will it be playable.. We will see

I'm really keen to know how stadium modding will work this year. I'm one of those guys that loves the authenticity of having loads of stadia and the recent news was crushing.

I'm confident the modders will find a way.

Actually, the stadium editor wasn't that special. I was tired of seeing those stadiums in daytime without a single shadow. :FAIL:

The first thing to do this year will be reintroducing the missing stadiums (All La Liga ones), and some excellent ones by the community (Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge).

The first thing to do this year will be reintroducing the missing stadiums (All La Liga ones), and some excellent ones by the community (Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge).

You think that's possible?

What about other missing stadia such as the Amsterdam Arena which was last seen in PES2012?

Same here, Albi. I'd love to be able to do something but I don't have a clue and just haven't got the time to learn.

Those that can mod have my full respect.

I did make some faces a while ago and an option file with updated national sides and youth players. The time involved made me respect all those who do mod continually and a little annoyed with those who continually post in threads demanding is it ready yet ad infinitum.

It does look like PES2014 will be editable relatively easy although stadiums might take a while unless there is a conversion tool developed.

EA can go to hell. It would be better for the gaming community and studios if they did.

And dont get KONAMI's strategy over PES14 marketing.. Somehow 3 weeks before game is out they are posting what will be leftout from game
That's actually a great point, they should do what EA does and not discuss with gaming communities beforehand. Just release preview videos and content, then release the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom