PC PES 2014 discussion thread

more fouls? FINALLY, only took them 900 updates across PES 2013 & 2014 to make the refs harsher! I look forward to trying this patch out.

It's not about refs being harsher, it's about unlocking proper collision detection and making game react to contact more often. ;)

Advantage play is broken mate. If ball went to me not AI, that would get called and I would get yellow card. Saw that too many times on PES since 2008 edition :LOL:.

Wish they get back to roots and do advantage play like in PES 3-6 era (to put it simple: it's what FIFA stole from PES).

pes2014_2014_05_09_17_52_15_222.png

Well it works my end, but need to redownload all Data Packs :LOL:.

Can't view your image.
You mean I gotta delete them all from the download folder and re-download again?

Nah, was probably sth with my installation.

Don't know why yours didn't update. It should read Version 1.13. Data Pack 5.0

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | 1.13. Official + PESEdit 4.2.1. Test | Southampton vs Man Utd | HD

Promised video ;). The game is so good now :D. Actually makes me enjoy beating defenders as can get caught in foul situation :LOL:. Brings new level of play available.

Sorry, yair but atm don't need your patch at ALL! The ebb and flow is unlike PES 2013 here... :P

even from your video I can see all the things I hate about this game , but hey I'm very happy for you :)

even from your video I can see all the things I hate about this game , but hey I'm very happy for you :)

The weak players, still not response when we try to get the ball. A few when the game finishes or the ball is out, they continue to walk, and a few stay like idiots.
KONAMI need to fix the animations, thanks to all this bugs on the beta release the players still not corresponding the joystick. :))
Try playing Saudi Arabia VS Argentina, play in the medium difficulty and you will see.

Fouls, cards, finally! :BOP: Still could be even more of them.

Now just fix that damn new shooting where every better player hits angles from 15-20 meters as precisely as Larry Bird shoots free throws. I personally think shooting before 1.12 was very satisfactory.

Since I wasn't following the topic for a last week or two - how is the game like now? I'll be getting some monie this week and since PES 14 DVD version here is around ~15€, and comparing it to 40€ on Steam...

hue.

Anyway, how's the overall feeling and Master League Online now? I especially hoped to dive in the latter, you know, some competitive football with transfers.

And no, I don't want to play FIFA. And since PES 14 shapes out to at least be "not-bad" by the looks of things...

How is it doing?

Can anyone playing PES 2014 using a ps3 controller help me please

1) do you use MotionInJoy for the ps3 controller
2) if so, what settings do you use? do you use the xbox 360 controller emulator as the setting?
3) Do you use the Playstation 3 controller mode, if so, do you have problems with the right stick arrows going crazy instead of smooth?

Thanks.

On 1.13 the ball physic comes back as it was.. the games does not feel super fast on normal speed now.

However something still bothers me are :
1. There is excessive intermittent while sprint dribbling. I think it's animation related issue.
2. Sometimes when player traps a long ball (high & low) coming behind him, he suddenly stops running and traps the ball. Easier for opponent to catch.
3. Lazy cpu try to fight for a header in my box while they are attacking.
4. Body shouldering while one is dribbling feels and looks to one dimensional. Not organic.
5. Still a lot more areas to be improved but it will be a long list. lol.

Ok, decreasing Finishing stat globaly (-10) partly helps to deal with the shooting problem. In addition I lowered Kicking power by 5.

Just tried it, same old frustrating game, have given up. The player switching on this game is truly atrocious, if u tap L1 it should pick the player nearest the ball! Happens so often that it doesnt do that at all.

I´m using PESEDIT and I think thats the problem.
The exe doesn´t get modified, that´s why it´s still showing as 1.12.
Tried the reloaded exe from this thread: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/71748/page-93

It shows as 1.13 but the game crashes everytime a match is about to start.

EDIT:

Solved it now. The problem is the no DVD exe.
I copied the original one into the PES main directory, updated it to 1.13 and it works.

Last edited:
Did the patch improved anything gameplay wise (besides the increase number of fouls being called) or it just a online fix?

I've an opportunity to test for myself. Maybe in a few days.

It's a bit tricky to install lol. Install original game first. Then install official 1.13. DVD patch. Go to KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 folder and rename pes2014.exe to pes2014.bak. Install PESEdit 4.2 then 4.2.1 fix then another fix they have released replacing PESSelector.exe. Download all Data Packs and put them into Program Data\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014\downloads - IMPORTANT step.

Then delete pes2014.exe the PESEdit puts, rename pes2014.bak to pes2014.exe. Should work fine now ;).

It goes a lot easier though :)

Install (or reinstall) pesedit 4.2 but don't choose NO DVD exe at the end of the installation.
Choose Original exe (first option).

Then update to 1.13.

Then use the disk or mini image (that's what I had to do, since my disk drive isn't recognized by WIN 7) to start the game.

Done.

Last edited:
Can anyone playing PES 2014 using a ps3 controller help me please

1) do you use MotionInJoy for the ps3 controller
2) if so, what settings do you use? do you use the xbox 360 controller emulator as the setting?
3) Do you use the Playstation 3 controller mode, if so, do you have problems with the right stick arrows going crazy instead of smooth?

Thanks.

People still use MotionJoy for PS3 controller?:LMAO: There is a way way better app that is free of ads and utilizes only few clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSaOJJIun8

In human vs human matches, is anyone else finding they concede the same goal nearly every match?

The opponent either passes the ball around quickly on the ground in the attacking third of the pitch or hits a long ball forward then makes a burst of speed towards the edge of the box then does a chip shot and it goes over the GK almost every time. What is the best way to counter this?

I've tried keeping a player deep defensively ready to stop fast passes or high through balls, but either the defender seems too flat footed and doesn't react quick enough compared to the pace of the attacker or the pass is so quick that the defender is skinned by the on rushing attackers.

Im using the non-patched version of the game because after installing the latest official patch, the game does not start.

Phew, I don´t know...

There is such a change between Love and Hate on that game.
There are times where I really enjoy playing it and then I have days where I´d love to throw my damn PC outta the window.
Like yesterday.

Played a few online games, had one against somebody with a better rating (200 above me) which was very exciting, game was quite balanced and in the extended time he scores 1:0 by a stupid lucky goal as the ball got to his players feet.
Okay, that´s football, not really an issue of the game itself.

I know, online can be very frustrating as you often play against unfair players, which is nothing new.
But the damn thing is the scripting/balancing.
Had a game against somebody who just started MLO with all the standard players.
Me, with my level 5 team (Hummels, Pique, Lahm, Ashley Cole, Sergio Bousqets, Marchisio, Reus, Müller etc.) where almost all of them had good motivation and arrows, couldn´t stand a chance against him.

His striker Minandinho just ran through my defense and it felt like it was Ibrahimovic with a mask on!

My build up play was so uneffective and I hardly ever made it to his box.
He didn´t play bad but also not very good, it was mostly like that, that my defenders didn´t get to his strikers hard enough.

Feeling the same way on offline matches also.

What quite bugs me about 1.13 is, that the referee whistles way too often. Even I didn´t press X or square it happened 3 times that my defenders caused a foul in the box which led to a penalty against me.

The other thing is, that my striker stops too often when receiving a ball.
Hard to describe but he doesn´t run WITH the ball to take it while running (as it used to be pre patch), he stops, turns around, takes it with his chest or whatever and gives away space as the defenders already caught him.
Doesn´t happen always, but quite often.

The good thing about this patch is, that they toned doen the passing a bit. Passing was too strong on 1.12.

Anyway, this is another indication that they simply don´t test their game.
Just turning faders back an forth with every single patch.

I´m not sure.
Maybe I should take a break and work on my damn music.
That´s what I often think after a few hours of playing this game with the feeling of wasted time.

Back
Top Bottom